Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY (830 Views)

My Mother-in-law Told Me Not To Touch My Wife / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
Good evening guys
I'm 26year old guy,living under my parents,an undergraduate and presently at home because of ASUU,I'm trying all i can to be a good child to my parents,presently,i don't have anything I'm doing,life hasn't been great so far,i mean,i had a kid when i was 23,my kid doesn't live with me,she lives with her mum's parents,i have a girl doing her NYSC currently,i should have graduated but i had n extra year in school,Financially,I'm not really buoyant too,i mean,today is my kid's birthday and i dont have money to buy him something

I have always satisfied my parents anytime i have money,i take care of them with the little i have,yeah....i do menial works to support,i just don't make myself a parasite
Due to ASUU,I'm currently at home,i spoke with my friend about a work in some company he is working at and according to him,he will talk to his boss about it....

Yesterday I need just 5h to get to somewhere n i was cash strapped,I know if i ask my mum,she won't give me,so i had to forfeit my breakfast n tell her to give me money instead,so i went into her room n told her I'm going somewhr,she asked if i wanted to eat,i told her no,that she should give me money,she gave me 3h,i pleaded with her to add 2h that i want to use it to get something what i heard next shocked me

She said and I quote "Thank God you are not the only one i gave birth to,you have never made me happy" I asked her how?
She didn't say anything till i left her room
I have never been so devastated in my life,Yes i have my own fair share of blame,but i wasn't expecting this from her at all
In her own words,She has never seen happiness from me....Her other children literally make her happy while i don't

I'm Sad....Really Sad
The words just weak me since yesterday
I have been avoiding her since yesterday,got home really late yesterday because of the Super eagle's game and i haven't left my room all day
The words just keep echoing in my mind

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Suspect1: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
I can feel your pains bruh cry.

If nt that u are a man, i know you would have wept.... I gat nothing to say except, why did u gave birth early?
Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Cyntie55(f): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Don't feel sad Dear, life generally isn't fair to anyone. we've got holes in our hearts, we've got holes in our lives.

I really want you to stay focus. @26 you're still young and your future is bright. Find a little job to do, no matter how small the pay is. You know you're a father.

A day will come your mom will rephrase that word to.. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by DrRasheed: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
Your mum didn't mean what she said... Seeing you in abject poverty with no effort to strive harder breaks her heart. Don't use ASUU as excuse Malam. Hustle and hustle hard. Since you failed to control your preek then, you must hustle for two now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
Suspect1:
I can feel your pains bruh cry.

If nt that u are a man, i know you would have wept.... I gat nothing to say except, why did u gave birth early?

Girlfrnd,boyfrnd ishh
Pregnancy happened n i had to stand by her
Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by faithfull18(f): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hmmn, don't let it get to you. You have to put yourself together and get something doing to earn. You are a father now, parenting isn't an easy task.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Foodqueen(f): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
U are already a parent and still eating under her while you sort to have been feeding your own family.

Besides asking her for 500h, meeennnn.....

You seems like a failure to her and of course she isn't mocking you but also blaming herself somehow.

Else you wouldn't have the courage to ask her for a penny.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Brighton1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2022
Baba, why are you feeling sad? You better man up. At your age I was already in South-Africa hustling hard legally. But now I'm in Nigeria, I'm the one taking care of my younger ones, My dad is already late.

First of all, if you ask me, I will tell you to forget about going back to school for now. Go and hustle hard. You have a child already. abi do you want him to lack basic amenities?

Many graduates certificate are sleeping in their box or Ghana-must-go right now as we speak. People are making money without certificates, better go learn quality business to do and stop looking for cheap sympathy here.

My eyes have seen things as a man, you better buckle up your shoes. I'm a graduate even with Master's degree but I have never use any of my certificate to work. God bear me witness.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by VlamesIffect(f): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
You already have a kid fam...you no dey try o.

Go & be a man...

Flahyuq:
Good evening guys
I'm 26year old guy,living under my parents,an undergraduate and presently at home because of ASUU,I'm trying all i can to be a good child to my parents,presently,i don't have anything I'm doing,life hasn't been great so far,i mean,i had a kid when i was 23,my kid doesn't live with me,she lives with her mum's parents,i have a girl doing her NYSC currently,i should have graduated but i had n extra year in school,Financially,I'm not really buoyant too,i mean,today is my kid's birthday and i dont have money to buy him something

I have always satisfied my parents anytime i have money,i take care of them with the little i have,yeah....i do menial works to support,i just don't make myself a parasite
Due to ASUU,I'm currently at home,i spoke with my friend about a work in some company he is working at and according to him,he will talk to his boss about it....

Yesterday I need just 5h to get to somewhere n i was cash strapped,I know if i ask my mum,she won't give me,so i had to forfeit my breakfast n tell her to give me money instead,so i went into her room n told her I'm going somewhr,she asked if i wanted to eat,i told her no,that she should give me money,she gave me 3h,i pleaded with her to add 2h that i want to use it to get something what i heard next shocked me

She said and I quote "Thank God you are not the only one i gave birth to,you have never made me happy" I asked her how?
I have never been so devastated in my life,Yes i have my own fair share of blame,but i wasn't expecting this from her at all
In her own words,She has never seen happiness from me....Her other children literally make her happy while i don't

I'm Sad....Really Sad
I have been avoiding her since yesterday,got home really late yesterday because of the Super eagle's game and i haven't left my room all day
Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Bounceboune7: 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
DrRasheed:
Your mum didn't mean what she said... Seeing you in abject poverty with no effort to strive harder breaks her heart. Don't use ASUU as excuse Malam. Hustle and hustle hard. Since you failed to control your preek then, you must hustle for two now.
how well do u want a financially handicapped student to hustle again,even when he's doing menial jobs n all other things.

I hope d meaning of your hustle isn't money rituals or Yahoo cos I don't know what u meant by telling him to hustle hard at this stage.

Don't blame him for having a kid,u aren't different from him he's just unlucky.
What if one of those girls u had unprotected sex with got pregnant too?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Beremx(f): 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2022
I hope you’re not going to slap your mother because of the way she talks to you.
Our Nigerian parents sometimes don’t know how to talk to their kids especially when they are annoyed. They rather say hurtful words to vent their anger. Just ignore her rants and be man enough to take your responsibilities.
It is well with you

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Bounceboune7: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2022
Foodqueen:
U are already a parent and still eating under her while you sort to have been feeding your own family.

Besides asking her for 500h, meeennnn.....

You seems like a failure to her and of course she isn't mocking you but also blaming herself somehow.

Else you wouldn't have the courage to ask her for a penny.
now I know y people go into depression,commit suicide n do abominable things to get money,let me make it clear to u there's always a dark spot in everyone's life n it could come anytime.

That of d op came early for him n i don't see any reason they shouldn't at least support him.

I thank God for my family, no matter what u go through May be it's your fault or not everyone will support u first.

I lost my biz worth millions in 2018,I went back home to restrategise, I stayed around for like 6 months b4 moving out n nobody insulted me,my mom will do transfer for me even when I don't ask n even console me. My siblings will call to motivate n give me change n nobody insulted me or said any shit to me n that was d same thing we all did when my cousin was deported.

So y insult people when they are down,op will make it someday which I am sure about but I know he will forgive but will never forget those words.

Where will d mom put her face then?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Ogyoma(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
Tf..That’s some wrong choice of words right there but nonetheless just level up and grind hard,you have responsibilities now..I be damned if I don’t step up if I were you.....you have a son mehn..u shouldn’t let what she said get to u rather don’t make ur son suffer..

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bounceboune7:
now I know y people go into depression,commit suicide n do abominable things to get money,let me make it clear to u there's always a dark spot in everyone's life n it could come anytime.

That of d op came early for him n i don't see any reason they shouldn't at least support him.

I thank God for my family, no matter what u go through May be it's your fault or not everyone will support u first.

I lost my biz worth millions in 2018,I went back home to restrategise, I stayed around for like 6 months b4 moving out n nobody insulted me,my mom will do transfer for me even when I don't ask n even console me. My siblings will call to motivate n give me change n nobody insulted me or said any shit to me n that was d same thing we all did when my cousin was deported.

So y insult people when they are down,op will make it someday which I am sure about but I know he will forgive but will never forget those words.

Where will d mom put her face then?

Bro
You really are intelligent

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by DrRasheed: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bounceboune7:
how well do u want a financially handicapped student to hustle again,even when he's doing menial jobs n all other things.

I hope d meaning of your hustle isn't money rituals or Yahoo cos I don't know what u meant by telling him to hustle hard at this stage.

Don't blame him for having a kid,u aren't different from him he's just unlucky.
What if one of those girls u had unprotected sex with got pregnant too?
Sex kaii? I will never engage in Zina insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
Brighton1:
Baba, why are you feeling sad? You better man up. At your age I was already in South-Africa hustling hard legally. But now I'm in Nigeria, I'm the one taking care of my younger ones, My dad is already late.

First of all, if you ask me, I will tell you to forget about going back to school for now. Go and hustle hard. You have a child already. abi do you want him to lack basic amenities?

Many graduates certificate are sleeping in their box or Ghana-must-go right now as we speak. People are making money without certificates, better go learn quality business to do and stop looking for cheap sympathy here.

My eyes have seen things as a man, you better buckle up your shoes. I'm a graduate even with Master's degree but I have never use any of my certificate to work. God bear me witness.

Don't listen to this guy ..OP finish your school first before you plunge yourself into hustle ..

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Brighton1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
33bandit:

Don't listen to this guy ..OP finish your school first before you plunge yourself into hustle ..
That's the problem with you nairalanders. People who as gone far and wide in life will be sharing their experiences, Novice like you would be like "don't listen to this guy"

And besides I wasn't forcing op. What work for Mr A, might not work for Mr B. If @op chooses to go back to school. Fine no problem. But he shouldn't allow his son to suffer or lack basic amenities.

You that you're living the best life, why don't you advice @op to follow your foot step so that he could live a successful life like you.

Atleast, I never denied I wasn't a graduate and I told @op how I survived, I'm taking good care of my mom and siblings. If I become a father today, my child won't lack anything.

So do well to advice @op how you're surviving life, abi are you staying under your parents roof too??

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by realtalk19: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2022
Flahyuq:
Good evening guys
I'm 26year old guy,living under my parents,an undergraduate and presently at home because of ASUU,I'm trying all i can to be a good child to my parents,presently,i don't have anything I'm doing,life hasn't been great so far,i mean,i had a kid when i was 23,my kid doesn't live with me,she lives with her mum's parents,i have a girl doing her NYSC currently,i should have graduated but i had n extra year in school,Financially,I'm not r upeally buoyant too,i mean,today is my kid's birthday and i dont have money to buy him something

I'm Sad....Really Sad

Use those words your mum said to you to provoke your hustle and work harder to achieve greatness.
Your mum will reverse those words when you become a success.

Don't be discouraged or downcast. Believe In Yourself and make effort to work hard with prayers you will surely Excel.

I was in your kind of situation too And i tried so much to be independent to the extent my mum never expected somethings I do for her. I haven't even started, I will put in my best to change that impression.

Her negative words to me then was just a Motivation for me to make effort . She's now bombarding me with prayers even when I don't ask and I haven't even started with her yet.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
realtalk19:

Use those words your mum said to you to provoke your hustle and work harder to achieve greatness.
Your mum will reverse those words when you become a success.

Don't be discouraged or downcast. Believe In Yourself and make effort to work hard with prayers you will surely Excel.

I was in your kind of situation too And i tried so much to be independent to the extent my mum never expected somethings I do for her. I haven't even started, I will put in my best to change that impression.

Her negative words to me then was just a Motivation for me to make effort . She's now bombarding me with prayers even when I don't ask and I haven't even started with her yet.

It is well.

Thank you so much Sir

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by realtalk19: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
Flahyuq:

Thank you so much Sir

You are welcome,BTW am female

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
realtalk19:

You are welcome.Btw am a woman

Ohh my bad
Thanks so much Ma
I really appreciate your advice
Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by ogashman(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Baba no reason am. It is just one of those ways African parents talk.

When I was younger I and my dad usually have quarrels out of nothing. One day, in the heat of an argument, he said to me " thank God u re not my only male son".

Omo, that word pieced my heart. But I locked up.

Fast forward to now. I'm now the "go to guy". He can't even approach my brother when he needs something from him.

He would ask me to tell my brother so so and so...

But we have forgotten that now.... Just up ur game and strive to a better son

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by flokii: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
@OP Cheer up and go hustle.. pray for grace while at it.

Most parents say things they don't mean and end up apologizing much later.. attimes it's the kid(s) they don't like or value that will show them love as they age while the ones they did literally everything for might abandon them or get married and forget them.

Just don't think about the statement too much and try to be a better person.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Karleb(m): 6:27am On Mar 27, 2022
I hate it when parents are not supportive.

I remember when I was so broke that I collect money to cut my hair from my mother for almost 4 months.

I'm talking N200 here. Or when I went to a wedding and all I was wearing including the boxer was courtesy of my mother and the tfare too.

Just go get a job sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2022
Sorry,brace up,let it motivate you.most people less thru all dese challenges you are facing.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Nozino: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=Flahyuq post=111393259]Good evening guys
I'm 26year old guy,living under my parents,an undergraduate and presently at home because of ASUU,I'm trying all i can to be a good child to my parents,presently,i don't have anything I'm doing,life hasn't been great so far,i mean,i had a kid when i was 23,my kid doesn't live with me,she lives with her mum's parents,i have a girl doing her NYSC currently,i should have graduated but i had n extra year in school,Financially,I'm not really buoyant too,i mean,today is my kid's birthday and i dont have money to buy him something.

I’m sure you want to beg.
Re: My Mum Told Me She Is GLAD I'm NOT Her Only Kid,I don't make her HAPPY by Tripitaka: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
DrRasheed:

"Hustle" has to be one of the most ambiguous and abused terms in Nigeria.

What specifically do you want him to do seeing that he is still a student and have been engaging in menial jobs already. In the light of the above, how exactly is he in "abject poverty with no effort to strive harder"?

Pray tell

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! / . / Advice Needed Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.