Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! (7763 Views)

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Do you know a so called Pastor almost attacked me for asking him why they don't emphasize on Moses who was also called "God" in the Bible? Exodus 7:1 smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 7:47am On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Do you know a so called Pastor almost attacked me for asking him why they don't emphasize on Moses who was also called "God" in the Bible? Exodus 7:1 smiley
Exodus 7:1
'Then the LORD said to Moses,
“See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh,
and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

OR

Then the LORD said to Moses,
“Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh,
and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet.

OR

So the LORD said to Moses:
“See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh,
and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.
'

Where in Exodus 7:1 did you read of Moses being also called "God". If its not a blind argument, if its not tucking the tail between the legs with whimpering silence signalling submission and fear, then making misleading comment is another thing you are infamously well known for on this forum

Moses was never anywhere in the Bible called God, this is another of your habitual turn into a blind argument false interpretation of the bible text .

The gist of Exodus 7:1, is this, Moses was made to become as if he's God, to Pharaoh, meaning, Moses will confront Pharaoh, to declare God's will, desire, plan and purpose before and to Pharaoh, while his brother Aaron, will be Moses' spokesperson, considering that Moses has a speech impediment and he was trying to weasel his way out away from going with God, under the excuse that he stammers

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:

OR

OR

'

Where in Exodus 7:1 did you read of Moses being also called "God". If its not a blind argument, if its not tucking the tail between the legs with whimpering silence signalling submission and fear, then making misleading comment is another thing you are infamously well known for on this forum

Moses was never anywhere in the Bible called God, this is another of your habitual turn into a blind argument false interpretation of the bible text .

The gist of Exodus 7:1, is this, Moses was made to become as if he's God, to Pharaoh, meaning, Moses will confront Pharaoh, to declare God's will, desire, plan and purpose before and to Pharaoh, while his brother Aaron, will be Moses' spokesperson, considering that Moses has a speech impediment and he was trying to weasel his way out away from going with God, under the excuse that he stammers

Who made Jesus a prophet and "God" like Moses? Deuteronomy 18:15-19
Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that was sent in the manner of Moses! Act 3:22
So if you don't agree then i'm not interested in blind arguments! Titus 3:9 smiley

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:
Most Christians (church goers)

This watchtower brainwashing effect is so real.

Why calling them Christians and not just your usual Churchgoers?

today from protestants churches and all other Christian denominations believe that Jesus is GOD and he's equal and the same as the Father.

It's the Bible that says Jesus is God and the Creator

@bold you mean Trinitarian also says Jesus is the Father? shocked shocked shocked shocked How long will you people stop lying for your god of men in Brooklyn?

If they are really right as they think they are, why do they find it hard to believe virgin Mary as the mother of GOD?

Ignorance won't allow you to learn, if you have different opinion to some doctrines but at least try to understand the point first, that's how an open-minded person does.

I'm not a Catholic but the understanding I have through Catholic explanation of Mary being mother of GOD isn't that Mary gave birth to the divine nature of The word that became flesh in person of Jesus Christ but in a sense that The word which is God in essence was made flesh through Mary.

The fact is, if indeed Jesus is God and he's the Father, there's no blasphemy in saying Mary is the mother of GOD.

Can you provide where Trinitarian ever claimed that Jesus is both God and the Father?

The Roman Catholic church is the originator of trinity and "Mary the mother of GOD" doctrines. So why should we believe in one and reject the other?

Just the same way they are the originator of 66books you are using today.

So why do you accept the 66books and reject Trinity and Mother of God?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So where does the Bible say Jesus was MADE LIKE God?

Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that was sent in the manner of Moses! Act 3:22

That scripture didn't say, in the MANNER OF MOSES that was your own perversion.

Was universe created through Moses?
Was Moses existed before the creation of the world?
Was Moses had glory with the Father before anything was created?
Was Moses live in eternity with the Father long before God brought creation into being?

To even think Jesus is LIKE a god the same way Moses was made like a god to Pharaoh is so pathetic.

So if you don't agree then i'm not interested in blind arguments! Titus 3:9 smiley

So it's a must for him to agree with you first cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Wonder shall never ends

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

NNTR:

OR

OR

'

Moses was never anywhere in the Bible called God, this is another of your habitual turn into a blind argument false interpretation of the bible text.

MaxInDHouse:
Deuteronomy 18:15-19
'15“The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear,
16according to all you desired of the Lord your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’
17“And the Lord said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good.
18I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.
19And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him
'

You're a constantly behaving like a shameless, even rather gormless fickle individual, so, after you've been caught red handed telling lies, saying Moses allegedly was called God, you now have switched to mining a straw man. Yeah?

1. Where in Deuteronomy 18:15-19 do you see or read that Jesus was made a "God" like Moses?
2. Whats the difference between being God and be like God?
3. Who is God and who was made like God between Jesus and Moses?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

So where does the Bible say Jesus was MADE LIKE God?
That scripture didn't say, in the MANNER OF MOSES that was your own perversion.
Was universe created through Moses?
Was Moses existed before the creation of the world?
Was Moses had glory with the Father before anything was created?
Was Moses live in eternity with the Father long before God brought creation into being?
To even think Jesus is LIKE a god the same way Moses was made like a god to Pharaoh is so pathetic. So it's a must for him to agree with you first cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Wonder shall never ends

It's according to the way you understand this.

Jesus was with God in the beginning.
Jesus existed long before we were all created.
Jesus participated in making all other things.
Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth.

But he himself said the father is greater than him {John 14:28} to me it means all what Jesus could be is due to the grace of God who made Jesus the first creature (first born of all creation)

So if that same person later made Moses like a God it simply means both Jesus and Moses are no match for the one who gave them the authority they had. Therefore it doesn't matter who came first or last between the two to me what really matters is that God used both of them at different point in time and they both direct all honor and glory to the one who sent them.
So the same person made both of them what they are, that's why Jesus could say:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise" John 5:19

To me both of them were made to be like God by the Almighty who gave them authority! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
When you ask questions i believe you want to know my own conclusion on what we both read in the Bible so if we agree fine and if we disagree each person will hold onto his own opinion! smiley

NNTR:

1. Where in Deuteronomy 18:15-19 do you see or read that Jesus was made a "God" like Moses?

The Almighty God said to Moses:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him" Deuteronomy 18:18
God actually said He will raise a prophet LIKE Moses among the Israelites and Moses is the one and only prophet God made "like God" {Exodus 7:1} that's why Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that came in the manner of Moses! Act 3:22
NNTR:

2. Whats the difference between being God and be like God?
There was no one being God it's the Almighty Himself that made and gave authorities to all his servants (including Jesus) Matthew 28:18
So i don't think anyone is God apart from the Almighty, perhaps that's what John meant by saying: the Word WAS with God! John 1:1
NNTR:

3. Who is God and who was made like God between Jesus and Moses?
John did not say "IS God" rather he wrote "Was God" which means the person in question WAS a God at a point in time just like Moses WAS God in Egypt! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Not the way I understand it but what the scripture says.

But he himself said the father is greater than him {John 14:28} to me it means all what Jesus could be is due to the grace of God who made Jesus the first creature (first born of all creation)

We can say Jesus is the second highest BEING in the universe base on this yet how can such being ever be like Moses?

The truth is, if God has no match because he is the creator the person who co-created ALL OTHER THINGS can never have any match too

So if that same person later made Moses like a God it simply means both Jesus and Moses are no match for the one who gave them the authority they had.

The Bible says Jesus is equal to God,

Does Bible say the same about Moses?

The Bible says Jesus existed with the Father before anything was created

Does Bible say anything like that about Moses.

Jesus is no match to Moses even if we go with your claim that He was DIRECTLY CREATED BY GOD FIRST

Therefore it doesn't matter who came first or last between the two to me what really matters is that God used both of them at different point in time and they both direct all honor and glory to the one who sent them.

It matters that was the reason you can bring him low to the level of a mere Moses.

Jesus isn't even match to Abraham who is far greater than Moses in every respect.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise" John 5:19

Your understanding of that verse is shallow, the Son can do nothing because He became part of creation.

To me both of them were made to be like God by the Almighty who gave them authority! smiley

That's why I asked you, where was it stated in the scripture that Jesus was made to be LIKE GOD?

You decide to use that phrase "to be like god" not because you find it in the scripture but just to bring Him to Moses level.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
John did not say "IS God" rather he wrote "Was God" which means the person in question WAS a God at a point in time just like Moses WAS God in Egypt! smiley

The same John says "In the beginning WAS the word, the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God"

As a good English student, will you have rather put "IS" in the last sentence?

Even let's grant your ignorance of simple English.

At what point Jesus was a god

When he was in heaven?
When he became man?
When he resurrected?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

The Bible says Jesus is equal to God,

Can you quote where this is paraphrased in the scriptures?

Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So if that same person later made Moses like a God it simply means both Jesus and Moses are no match for the one who gave them the authority they had. Therefore it doesn't matter who came first or last between the two to me what really matters is that God used both of them at different point in time and they both direct all honor and glory to the one who sent them.

John 1:3
'1In the beginning was the one, who is called the Word.
The Word was with God and was truly God.
2From the very beginning, the Word was with God.
3And with this Word, God created all things.
Nothing was made without the Word.
Everything that was created
'

Do you see what happens when one foolishly choses to remain silence during questioning

The Word created all things, while Jesus existed 4000 years after being projected out from God

God in the beginning was.
God existed long before we were all created.
God participated in making all other things.
God lived in heaven before coming down, as Jesus, to earth.

All sons are distinct from their fathers, so Jesus isnt an exception to this rule. God is not a law breaker, meaning God conforms to this rule or standard too.

Jesus, is a distinct person from God, the Father, who in this instance and even context, is the one true Begetter, or Paterfamilias of Jesus

Fathers are always held in higher esteem than their sons, so dont expect Jesus to go against the grain, meaning dont expect Him not toe the line, in this respect, nor be surprised that He Himself said, the Father is greater than Him (i.e. John 14:28)

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

The same John says "In the beginning WAS the word, the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God"
As a good English student, will you have rather put "IS" in the last sentence?
Even let's grant your ignorance of simple English.
At what point Jesus was a god
When he was in heaven?
When he became man?
When he resurrected?

In the beginning WAS the Word:
This person i want to talk about existed in the beginning.
And the Word WAS with God:
He WAS with God during creation.
And the word WAS God:
He later became God in the midst of Israel.

I concluded this way because Isaiah said the promised child will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6

Jesus was never a counselor in the midst of mankind until he grew up among the Israelites so he served in all those capacities one after another.
He first became a child, then grew up to be a Wonderful Counselor, due to the powerful works he became a Mighty God and after paying for obedient mankind with his blood he became the Everlasting Father of obedient mankind unlike Adam who is dead now! 1Corinthians 15:45

So he was never God until he came to live in the midst of mankind and exhibit those qualities just as Moses was not a God until he God to Egypt! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Can you quote where this is paraphrased in the scriptures?

Thanks in advance! smiley

Nothing like paraphrase but direct word for word

But read this with your comprehension cap on your head

CEV: Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

ERV: He was like God in every way, but he did not think that his being equal with God was something to use for his own benefit.

EHV: Though he was by nature God, he did not consider equality with God as a prize to be displayed,

GW: Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality

MSG: He had equal status with God but didn’t think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what.

NIRV: In his very nature he was God. Jesus was equal with God. But Jesus didn’t take advantage of that fact.

OJB: Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2; 17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5] Phil 2:6

I have to bring many translations here for simple understanding of that verse.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:
John 1:3
'1In the beginning was the one, who is called the Word.
The Word was with God and was truly God.
2From the very beginning, the Word was with God.
3And with this Word, God created all things.
Nothing was made without the Word.
Everything that was created
'

Do you see what happens when one foolishly choses to remain silence during questioning

The Word created all things, while Jesus existed 4000 years after being projected out from God

God in the beginning was.
God existed long before we were all created.
God participated in making all other things.
God lived in heaven before coming down, as Jesus, to earth.

All sons are distinct from their fathers, so Jesus isnt an exception to this rule. God is not a law breaker, meaning God conforms to this rule or standard too.

Jesus, is a distinct person from God, the Father, who in this instance and even context, is the one true Begetter, or Paterfamilias of Jesus

Fathers are always held in higher esteem than their sons, so dont expect Jesus to go against the grain, meaning dont expect Him not toe the line, in this respect, nor be surprised that He Himself said, the Father is greater than Him (i.e. John 14:28)

Wahala dey for Okpoko! cheesy

Is Jesus the same person who sent himself? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

Nothing like paraphrase but direct word for word

But read this with your comprehension cap on your head

CEV: Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

ERV: He was like God in every way, but he did not think that his being equal with God was something to use for his own benefit.

EHV: Though he was by nature God, he did not consider equality with God as a prize to be displayed,

GW: Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality

MSG: He had equal status with God but didn’t think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what.

NIRV: In his very nature he was God. Jesus was equal with God. But Jesus didn’t take advantage of that fact.

OJB: Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2; 17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5] Phil 2:6

I have to bring many translations here for simple understanding of that verse.

So in a nutshell there's nowhere it's written in the scriptures that Jesus is equal to God. Shey
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
In the beginning WAS the Word:
This person i want to talk about existed in the beginning.

So he was not God at those time?

And the Word WAS with God:
He WAS with God during creation.

Why he was on earth, he was never with God bah cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy yet Jesus says the Father is IN Him and always with Him

Continue your lie

And the word WAS God:
He later became God in the midst of Israel.

Liar even your 8 lying old men in Warwick will never say such

I concluded this way because Isaiah said the promised child will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6

Your conclusion is wrong.

Jesus was never a counselor in the midst of mankind until he grew up among the Israelites so he served in all those capacities one after another.

Yet you'll agree that Prov 8 wisdom personification is Jesus.

Do you know what Prov entirely says about WISDOM?

You see the reason why I said your conclusion is wrong.

He first became a child, then grew up to be a Wonderful Counselor, due to the powerful works he became a Mighty God and after paying for obedient mankind with his blood he became the Everlasting Father of obedient mankind unlike Adam who is dead now! 1Corinthians 15:45

Jesus who was an angel and all angels and human are god still became MIGHTY GOD

So was Moses ever referred to as MIGHTY GOD?

So he was never God until he came to live in the midst of mankind and exhibit those qualities just as Moses was not a God until he God to Egypt! smiley

Angels and human are all god, so how come Jesus who was an angel will later become MIGHTY GOD? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Does MIGHTY God different from god which angels and Human are said to be?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
So in a nutshell there's nowhere it's written in the scriptures that Jesus is equal to God. Shey

But you just read Phillipian 2:6 where is was written boldly.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
When you ask questions i believe you want to know my own conclusion on what we both read in the Bible so if we agree fine and if we disagree each person will hold onto his own opinion! smiley
Each of your opinions will change every time it comes face to face with facts and figures I roll out to you

MaxInDHouse:
The Almighty God said to Moses:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him" Deuteronomy 18:18
God actually said He will raise a prophet LIKE Moses among the Israelites and Moses is the one and only prophet God made "like God" {Exodus 7:1} that's why Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that came in the manner of Moses! Act 3:22

That above was the question you were asked. Now can you honestly say that you answered the question correctly, about where in Deuteronomy 18:15-19 do you see or read that Jesus was made a "God" like Moses?
Do you see how you're fudging Deuteronomy 18:15-19?

MaxInDHouse:
There was no one being God it's the Almighty Himself that made and gave authorities to all his servants (including Jesus) Matthew 28:18
So i don't think anyone is God apart from the Almighty, perhaps that's what John meant by saying: the Word WAS with God! John 1:1

I am pleased to see that you've grown some dutch courage to make a better late, than never, attempt at trying to reply to some of the questions, you earlier were hiding from giving your responses to.
Congratulations for turning a new leaf

1. When is the beginning? Is the beginning talking of there, in the past, present or future?
2. What should be used for past occurrence? Should it be 'was' to be used for a past occurrence or it should be 'is'?
3. If the Word has projected out of God to become God in flesh, meaning, God has become embodied in human form, given a human form and shape, what would you, say then about the existence of the Word in the past? Would you say, ' ... the word IS with God, and the word IS God' or you'll say ' ... the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God'

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

So he was not God at those time?
Why he was on earth, he was never with God bah cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy yet Jesus says the Father is IN Him and always with Him
Continue your lie
Liar even your 8 lying old men in Warwick will never say such
Your conclusion is wrong.
Yet you'll agree that Prov 8 wisdom personification is Jesus.
Do you know what Prov entirely says about WISDOM?
You see the reason why I said your conclusion is wrong.
Jesus who was an angel and all angels and human are god still became MIGHTY GOD
So was Moses ever referred to as MIGHTY GOD?
Angels and human are all god, so how come Jesus who was an angel will later become MIGHTY GOD? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Does MIGHTY God different from god which angels and Human are said to be?

To me you're also WRONG.
So it's simply my conclusion against yours, that is why we need to go for something different from all these arguments which is the FRUIT as in the BENEFIT of your theory among the adherents! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Wahala dey for Okpoko! cheesy

Is Jesus the same person who sent himself? cheesy
Luke 18:27
'Jesus replied,
“What is impossible with man, is possible with God.”
'

Is it something too hard for God to do?
Is it impossible for God to send Himself by carrying out a Do It Yourself project, in other words, DIY?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

But you just read Phillipian 2:6 where is was written boldly.

who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

All humans were CREATED in the likeness of God {Genesis 1:26} so where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
To me you're also WRONG.

That wisdom in Prov 8 is Jesus or not grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Or how am I wrong?

So it's simply my conclusion against yours,

No! It's simply your conclusion against the scripture.

Do you agree Prov 8 is about Jesus?

that is why we need to go for something different from all these arguments which is the FRUIT as in the BENEFIT of your theory among the adherents! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

Of course the fruits and the benefits can be seen everywhere unless you decided to blindfold your eyes about it.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Emusan(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:
Luke 18:27
'Jesus replied,
“What is impossible with man, is possible with God.”
'

Is it something too hard for God to do?
Is it impossible for God to send Himself by carrying out a Do It Yourself project, in other words, DIY?

They will agree there's nothing difficult for God to do but in other word it's too difficult for their God to come down to earth and still remains in heaven.

When even both heavens and earth can't contain the same God.

I once asked one JWs that is it possible for God to appear in all 36 states of Nigeria at the same time?

He couldn't answer.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:
Each of your opinions will change every time it comes face to face with facts and figures I roll out to you
That above was the question you were asked. Now can you honestly say that you answered the question correctly, about where in Deuteronomy 18:15-19 do you see or read that Jesus was made a "God" like Moses?
Do you see how you're fudging Deuteronomy 18:15-19?
I am pleased to see that you've grown some dutch courage to make a better late, than never, attempt at trying to reply to some of the questions, you earlier were hiding from giving your responses to.
Congratulations for turning a new leaf
1. When is the beginning? Is the beginning talking of there, in the past, present or future?
2. What should be used for past occurrence? Should it be 'was' to be used for a past occurrence or it should be 'is'?
3. If the Word has projected out of God to become God in flesh, meaning, God has become embodied in human form, given a human form and shape, what would you, say then about the existence of the Word in the past? Would you say, ' ... the word IS with God, and the word IS God' or you'll say ' ... the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God'

TRINITY is your problem!
There's nothing difficult in what we are both reading in black and white.

All creatures made in the likeness of God supposed to be Gods on planet earth because all other creatures supposed to be obedient to us {Genesis 1:26-28} but due to sin we have fallen short of that glory. Romans 3:23
That's why we are no longer qualified to be Gods on this planet.

For your information, Jesus' ability to perform wonders is because he has no sin so whatever he asks God is granted immediately.
When our sins are blotted out completely we will all become like Jesus asking and receiving immediately without delay! Isaiah 65:23-24 compare to John 11:41-42 smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

That wisdom in Prov 8 is Jesus or not grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Or how am I wrong?
No! It's simply your conclusion against the scripture.
Do you agree Prov 8 is about Jesus?
Of course the fruits and the benefits can be seen everywhere unless you decided to blindfold your eyes about it.

If you're seeing it please point it out to me! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

All humans were CREATED in the likeness of God {Genesis 1:26} so where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? undecided
Jesus is a combination of humanity and divinity

All humans were CREATED in the image of God and according to likeness of the Godhead. Learn to quote scripture correctly and fully, and make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who has studied correctly so to be able to rightly handle the word of truth with precision

Do really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? Are you capable of handling the truth?. Ok, here's a moment of truth.
1. Who could know whats going in the thoughts of a human mind?
2. Who has the power and authority, to say, your sins are forgiven?

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:

All humans were CREATED in the image of God and according to likeness of the Godhead. Learn to quote scripture correctly and fully, and make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who has studied correctly so to be able to rightly handle the word of truth with precision

Do really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? Are you capable of handling the truth?. Ok, here's a moment of truth1. 1. Who could know whats going in the thoughts of a human mind?

Where is it written that "Jesus is equal to God" ?
Please go straight to the point, i'm not used to all these blind arguments! undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
TRINITY is your problem!
This is a tired and overused old line
Try another trick to get off the hook
TRINITY is not my problem, TRINITY is your problem.

If I can live with TRINITY and I can live without TRINITY, how then is that my problem

TRINITY is your problem, it is a fishbone, you didnt chew and so the cause of your discomfort, aches and pains

MaxInDHouse:
There's nothing difficult in what we are both reading in black and white.

All creatures made in the likeness of God supposed to be Gods on planet earth because all other creatures supposed to be obedient to us {Genesis 1:26-28} but due to sin we have fallen short of that glory. Romans 3:23
That's why we are no longer qualified to be Gods on this planet.

For your information, Jesus' ability to perform wonders is because he has no sin so whatever he asks God is granted immediately.
When our sins are blotted out completely we will all become like Jesus asking and receiving immediately without delay! Isaiah 65:23-24 compare to John 11:41-42 smiley
I am surprised the reality hasn't sunk in yet even after your admittance here, that Jesus has no sin.

1. How did Jesus start off without having no sin?
2. Why was Jesus without sin?
3. What in the first place made Jesus not have sin?
4. Being that the wages of sin is death, how then did Jesus get to die then, if he isnt and wasnt a sinner?

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:

Do you really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? Are you capable of handling the truth?. Ok, here's a moment of truth

1. Who could know whats going in the thoughts of a human mind?

MaxInDHouse:
Where is it written that "Jesus is equal to God" ?
Please go straight to the point, i'm not used to all these blind arguments! undecided
Do really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God? Give your responses to the below simple question:

1. What being has the power that knows every single and all secret thoughts going on in a human mind? What's the name given to such being that has such ability, capability and power?
2. What's the name of the being, who has the power and authority, to say, your sins are forgiven and right there forgives sins?

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
Emusan:

This watchtower brainwashing effect is so real.

Why calling them Christians and not just your usual Churchgoers?

It's the Bible that says Jesus is God and the Creator

@bold you mean Trinitarian also says Jesus is the Father? shocked shocked shocked shocked How long will you people stop lying for your god of men in Brooklyn?

Ignorance won't allow you to learn, if you have different opinion to some doctrines but at least try to understand the point first, that's how an open-minded person does.

I'm not a Catholic but the understanding I have through Catholic explanation of Mary being mother of GOD isn't that Mary gave birth to the divine nature of The word that became flesh in person of Jesus Christ but in a sense that The word which is God in essence was made flesh through Mary.

Can you provide where Trinitarian ever claimed that Jesus is both God and the Father?

Just the same way they are the originator of 66books you are using today.

So why do you accept the 66books and reject Trinity and Mother of God?

Lol I bet you don't know the dictionary meaning of originator.

I only believe what's in the Bible not pagan doctrines.

What's the essence of having the Bible with them and doing what's contrary to God's TRUTH?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:
This is tired and overused old line
Try another trick to get off the hook
TRINITY is not my problem, TRINITY is your problem.
If I can live with TRINITY and I can live without TRINITY, how then is that my problem
TRINITY is your problem, it is a fishbone, you didnt chew and so the cause of your discomfort, aches and pains

There's no need for further arguments after all there's nowhere it is written that Jesus is equal to God! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Star Is Under Attack / How Do I Become A Luciferian? / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.