Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! (7756 Views)

There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Image123:

But this is so brazenly ignorant and foolish, you believe the Catholics only to spite Protestants. Then, after you've finished, you'll turn round to demonize the Catholics, hypocrite comedian.
In the first place, i am yet to hear or see any Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God. Or maybe i missed the teaching. Of course Mary is/was the mother of God the Son. The Virgin birth is a core doctrine in all christianity i suppose.
What Protestants would disagree with is worshipping Mary or praying to Mary or praying through Mary instead of Jesus Christ. Remove your head from inside Asleep comic book and see what is really happening around you.

If you can't show me where the Bible called Jesus "God the Son" then all you write here is useless to me.

"God the son" is one Catholic dogma. They keep adding their uninspired teachings to the church.
Mind you, I don't believe the Catholics or their doctrines.
No protestants would agree with you that Mary is the mother of God.

Mary was the mother of Jesus and she didn't remain a virgin forever. She was a human like every other person. If she didn't believe in his son as the Messiah, she would perish.
Are you familiar with the Catholics doctrine and believes about Mary at all?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Error 404!

You see no one is going to heaven to have sex. I pity you bro!

The living God Jehovah will restore peace to earth. There won't be any form of evil in the new earth paradise.
And people will live forever!

I have asked you many times, what does your religion offer you?
What are the benefits of having Islam as your religion?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Nothing but a promise of going to heaven and having lots of women, i wonder what their females are going there to do! undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Image123(m): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

If you can't show me where the Bible called Jesus "God the Son" then all you write here is useless to me.

"God the son" is one Catholic dogma. They keep adding their uninspired teachings to the church.
Mind you, I don't believe the Catholics or their doctrines.
No protestants would agree with you that Mary is the mother of God.

Mary was the mother of Jesus and she didn't remain a virgin forever. She was a human like every other person. If she didn't believe in his son as the Messiah, she would perish.
Are you familiar with the Catholics doctrine and believes about Mary at all?

i am Protestant, i believe Mary is/was the mother of God the Son.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Nothing but a promise of going to heaven and having lots of women, i wonder what their females are going there to do! undecided

Their females will be served to the men.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Their females will be served to the men.
So their females have no future since they will be served like suya for their men in their supposed heaven. What a pity for female Muslims? embarassed
No wonder most of their females are running away from the religion! undecided

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by AntiChristian: 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

You see no one is going to heaven to have sex. I pity you bro!

The living God Jehovah will restore peace to earth. There won't be any form of evil in the new earth paradise.
And people will live forever!

If you believe the sons of your God came to earth to have sex then what stops people from having sex in heaven?
My religion offers salvation free without God needing to have a son/angel to kill for as ritual to save others!
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

If you believe the sons of your God came to earth to have sex then what stops people from having sex in heaven?
My religion offers salvation free without God needing to have a son/angel to kill for as ritual to save others!

Theories can come in any form so no matter what you think about other people's theory you also have yours that surely sound odd to them.
One thing that can't be swept aside is the benefits of your so called theory after it has been practically applied among adherents! smiley
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
There's nothing difficult in what we are both reading in black and white.

All creatures made in the likeness of God supposed to be Gods on planet earth because all other creatures supposed to be obedient to us {Genesis 1:26-28} but due to sin we have fallen short of that glory. Romans 3:23
That's why we are no longer qualified to be Gods on this planet.

For your information, Jesus' ability to perform wonders is because he has no sin so whatever he asks God is granted immediately.
When our sins are blotted out completely we will all become like Jesus asking and receiving immediately without delay! Isaiah 65:23-24 compare to John 11:41-42 smiley

NNTR:
This is a tired and overused old line
Try another trick to get off the hook
TRINITY is not my problem, TRINITY is your problem.

If I can live with TRINITY and I can live without TRINITY, how then is that my problem

TRINITY is your problem, it is a fishbone, you didnt chew and so the cause of your discomfort, aches and pains

I am surprised the reality hasn't sunk in yet even after your admittance here, that Jesus has no sin.

1. How did Jesus start off without having no sin?
2. Why was Jesus without sin?
3. What in the first place made Jesus not have sin?
4. Being that the wages of sin is death, how then did Jesus get to die then, if he isnt and wasnt a sinner?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

MaxInDHouse:
There's no need for further arguments after all there's nowhere it is written that Jesus is equal to God! wink
Philippians 2:6
'who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God
[as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes
—the entire nature of deity], did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted
[as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
'

John 10:33
"We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy,
because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.
" (i.e. Lobatan)

There's no need for further arguments after all and especially when balls have suddenly shrunk and shrivelled

If you really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God, then give your responses to the below simple question:

1. What being has the power to know every single secret thoughts going on in a human mind? What's the name given to such being with that ability and power
2. What's the name of the being, who has the power and authority, to say, your sins are forgiven and right there forgives sins?

If you are unable to give your answers to the above two questions, of course, therefore, leave the discussion for matured minds capable on feeding on solids, and experienced in skinning off tough meat leaving bones behind to make toothpicks with

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Everything the son has is from the Father, name, authority, kingdom etc do you think the son is equal to the Father in any way?

God called the Son, GOD.

"Thy throne O God" (Heb 1:cool

"The Word was with God, The Word was God." (Jn 1:1)

Father, Son and Holy Ghost: God.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR:

Philippians 2:6
'who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God
[as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes
—the entire nature of deity], did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted
[as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
'

John 10:33
"We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy,
because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.
" (i.e. Lobatan)

There's no need for further arguments after all and especially when balls have suddenly shrunk and shrivelled

If you really want to know where is it written that Jesus is equal to God, then give your responses to the below simple question:

1. What being has the power to know every single secret thoughts going on in a human mind? What's the name given to such being with that ability and power
2. What's the name of the being, who has the power and authority, to say, your sins are forgiven and right there forgives sins?

If you are unable to give your answers to the above two questions, of course, therefore, leave the discussion for matured minds capable on feeding on solids, and experienced in skinning off tough meat leaving bones behind to make toothpicks with

It's OK Sir!

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Look before you leap!

If there was a way for the angels to have sex in heaven, they wouldn't have stressed themselves to come to earth.
They lust after the beauty of women and sinned against their God. God has imprisoned them and they will be destroyed together with their master Satan the devil in the future.

Sex is a gift for married couple on earth and they do it for pleasure and copulation.
There's nothing like that in heaven.
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
Image123:

i am Protestant, i believe Mary is/was the mother of God the Son.

Do you also believe that she remained a virgin forever?
Do you also believe that he's currently the mother of God in heaven now?
Do you also believe she's the queen of the angels?
Do you pray to her?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
NigerianAngelo:

God called the Son, GOD.
"Thy throne O God" (Heb 1:cool
"The Word was with God, The Word was God." (Jn 1:1)
Father, Son and Holy Ghost: God.

Hebrews 1:9
[9]You love justice and hate evil.
    Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you,
    pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.”

Who anointed the Son?
Hebrews 1:4
[4]This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names.

Who gave the Son name?

John 20:17
[17]“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Who's the God of the Son?

Hebrews 1:5
[5]For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus:
“You are my Son.
    Today I have become your Father.”God also said,
“I will be his Father,
    and he will be my Son.”

Hope you understand the whole chapter?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
NNTR
Are you not done with your epistle yet?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

NNTR
That one wants to learn but instead of coming out openly pride is his problem so he's trying to know through questioning yet pretending he wants to correct your views but he won't make any meaningful contribution other than questioning you as if you must supply all the answers like a criminal under interrogation.
That's why i stopped responding to him perhaps he has a police department where they will arrest me for not answering him! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which salvation does your religion offer you?

Lol why do Muslim kill ram every year?
Who do they kill it for?
Is that not ritual?

God gave Moses how the children of Israel should sanctify themselves after sinned. They kill various animals depending of the sin thwy committed. They also do yearly sacrifices for sin. These are strictly for the children of Israel.

Now God brought a new covenant for all mankind through the sacrificing of Jesus on the tree. It was once and for all.

Only a perfect person like Jesus could restore the perfect life Adam lost in the garden through his death.

True Christians have one hope; to live forever on earth!
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That one wants to learn but instead of coming out openly pride is his problem so he's trying to know through questioning yet pretending he wants to correct your views but he won't make any meaningful contribution other than questioning you as if you must supply all the answers like a criminal under interrogation.
That's why i stopped responding to him perhaps he has a police department where they will arrest me for not answering him! cheesy
I actually thought the same. I was like this is my thread na. And I also said he will not be the only one asking the questions ...
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

I actually thought the same. I was like this is my thread na. And I also said he will not be the only one asking the questions ...

Within himself he can sense the efficacy and consistency in the way JWs handle scriptural points but due to pride he doesn't want to admit it so his friends won't scold him.
That's why he's stylishly following and asking at the same time pretending as if he's against the JWs.
On the other thread i made sure he openly ask for knowledge before i yielded otherwise they will continue dribbling themselves while i will just be laughing at their ignorance.
If you stay away from their thread or follow silently you will see the way they will insult, abuse and even curse one another openly, but once they notice a JW is around all of them will start pretending as if it's only the JW that's not in agreement with them. Yet if you watch them closely you will find out that even their daddy GOs teachings means nothing to them, they're all scattered spiritually speaking.
So in other to console themselves they'll start accusing you that it's because you can't think for yourself that's why you've agreed with your spiritual brothers! John 17:20-23smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Antiislaam(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin you just like to always make us laugh with your ignorance here on NL.. Your religion offers you salvation, shey tru Muhammad that was poisoned to death that couldn't save himself from the poisonous food he ate??
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 2:50am On Mar 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
It's OK Sir!
That's what people say, a submissive 'It's OK Sir!' when the heat's getting turned up and even when they can't stand because things are going down and deeper

cornelboy:
NNTR
Are you not done with your epistle yet? shocked shocked shocked
Strange mocking remark to type
As much as you would love for me, to drop all my engagement and be at your beck and call, life, unfortunately, just, does not work like that., so learn to unstew, learn to suppress the worry, learn to suppress the anxiety or nervous excitement.

Have some self control. Watch this space for when the time is ripe for you to have your fill.

MaxInDHouse:
There is nothing I won't do to learn. You're are right, that I want to learn. Yes, I want to learn more about the inner workings of your soul and find out how much more in the dark you are

What people dont know, often makes a good question. So, so far, I've learnt and made discoveries about you, thats all come, from just sheer, shooting questions at you. I've learnt that your silence, is a signal of submission, surrender and fear, that the apprehension that the Holy Spirit will arrest and convict you is what's held you captive and rendered you mute

cornelboy:
I actually thought the same. I was like this is my thread na ...
Its amazing that opening a thread is now an achievement and feat that demands publicising ownership of and beating chest over now. Smh at high-quality ignorance

cornelboy:
... And I also said he will not be the only one asking the questions ...
I am sure you remember, I earlier typed that, unlike you I'll to the best of my ability, honestly, truthfully and sincerely answer all questions you put to me.

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2022
NNTR:

That's what people say, a submissive 'It's OK Sir!' when the heat's getting turned up and even when they can't stand because things are going down and deeper
As much as you would love for me, to drop all my engagement and be at your beck and call, life, unfortunately, just, does not work like that., so learn to unstew, learn to suppress the worry, learn to suppress the anxiety or nervous excitement.
Have some self control. Watch this space for when the time is ripe for you to have your fill.
There is nothing I won't do to learn. You're are right, that I want to learn. Yes, I want to learn more about the inner workings of your soul and find out how much more in the dark you are
What people dont know, often makes a good question. So, so far, I've learnt and made discoveries about you, thats all come, from just sheer, shooting questions at you. I've learnt that your silence, is a signal of submission, surrender and fear, that the apprehension that the Holy Spirit will arrest and convict you is what's held you captive and rendered you mute
Its amazing that opening a thread is now an achievement and feat that demands publicising ownership of and beating chest over now. Smh at high-quality ignorance
I am sure you remember, I earlier typed that, unlike you I'll to the best of my ability, honestly, truthfully and sincerely answer all questions you put to me.
It's OK Sir! wink

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:20am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Hope you understand the whole chapter?

You are the one that is not understanding ANY verse of the chapter.

Read Heb 1:8 carefully again and read the whole Chapter.

Or are you inferring Jesus was created?

1. "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD
THE WORD WAS WITH GOD
AND THE WORD WAS GOD." (Jn 1:1)

2. Jn 8:58: "Before Abraham was, I AM." (I AM is the title of God. Not before Abraham was, I was; But before Abraham was, I AM."

3. Is 9:5: "He shall be called God the Mighty " (Does an angel or a created human answer that?)

4. "But to the Son God Said: The throne O God is forever and ever." (Heb 1:8

5. Jude 1:5: "That Jesus having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not." Jesus is God.

6. 1 Jn 5:7: "And there are Three who bear testimony in heaven, The Father, The Word and The Holy Ghost. And these three are One."

7. Jn 20:28: (St. Thomas confessed when he saw HIM after the Resurrection: "Lord and My God"wink.

8. Apoc (Rev)1:8: "I am the beginning and the end, saith the Lord God, the Almighty."

9. Jn 9:35,38: "Dost thou believe in the Son of God? ... I believe Lord. And falling down he adored him."

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 6:57am On Mar 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
It's OK Sir! wink
Some posters are real good at being a fake and using a naff James Bond image.
You're going to wear out the stupid 'It's OK Sir' line. Why not be imaginative and use a different line

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by Image123(m): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Do you also believe that she remained a virgin forever?
Do you also believe that he's currently the mother of God in heaven now?
Do you also believe she's the queen of the angels?
Do you pray to her?

She does not have to be a virgin forever to be the mother of Jesus Christ, else she will not be the mother or are you ignorant that she gave birth to others? She doesn't have to be a queen or queen of angels to give birth to Jesus. You don't have to pray to her for her to be the mother of Jesus. Or are these the prerequisites in Asleep?
Do you believe that Mary is in Heaven?
Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2022
NNTR:

Lol if after 5years, you later post your epistles and I didn't respond, come and kill me!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 7:23am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:
Lol if after 5years, you later post your epistles and I didn't respond, come and kill me!
At the rate you're going you'll gradually soon begin to lose it.
Do not let anxiety or nervous excitement get the better of you.
Exercise some self control and self restraint

Quit badgering me into presenting a post. Your life doesnt depend on me giving you an instant response, nor does your life survival require an immediate response, so whats the cause for your restlessness?

I will from my seat of power, handle when or what time, I post, and not post, when you tell me or want me to.

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2022
NNTR:
Some posters are real good at being a fake and using a naff James Bond image.
You're going to wear out the stupid 'It's OK Sir' line. Why not be imaginative and use a different line

Please don't be offended, it's OK Sir! smiley

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

His arrogance stinks yet he feels right thinking individuals should feel obligated to respond to him.
Well i know how to deal with his type secretly he will be crying inside even though Maximus is silent.
Jesus has taught us how to distinguish between those that really need to be taught and arrogant religionists who doesn't deserve a response! Mark 14:61; Psalms 39:1; Ecclesiastes 3:7

1 Like

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by cornelboy(f): 7:51am On Mar 29, 2022
NNTR:
At the rate you're going you'll gradually soon begin to lose it.
Do not let anxiety or nervous excitement get the better of you.
Exercise some self control and self restraint

Quit badgering me into presenting a post. Your life doesnt depend on me giving you an instant response, nor does your life survival require an immediate response, so whats the cause for your restlessness?

I will from my seat of power, handle when or what time, I post, and not post, when you tell me or want me to.
There's nothing in what you're going to post.
I'll be here when you do.
All these your unsolicited epistles sef undecided

You could have presented the epistle instead of your stories here.

I know you have nothing to present, but I'll wait. Make sure it is worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 8:00am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:
.There's nothing in what you're going to post.
I'll be here when you do.
All these your unsolicited epistles sef undecided

You could have presented the epistle instead of your stories here.

I know you have nothing to present, but I'll wait. Make sure it is worth it.
I am sure that time will snitch.
Just keep your knickers on, and stop being itchy, as time will reveal whether there's nothing in what's posted or not.

Re: Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! by NNTR: 8:29am On Mar 29, 2022
NNTR:
... Where in Exodus 7:1 did you read of Moses being also called "God". If its not a blind argument, if its not tucking the tail between the legs with whimpering silence signalling submission and fear, then making misleading comment is another thing you are infamously well known for on this forum

Moses was never anywhere in the Bible called God, this is another of your habitual turn into a blind argument false interpretation of the bible text

The gist of Exodus 7:1, is this, Moses was made to become as if he's God, to Pharaoh, meaning, Moses will confront Pharaoh, to declare God's will, desire, plan and purpose before and to Pharaoh, while his brother Aaron, will be Moses' spokesperson, considering that Moses has a speech impediment and he was trying to weasel his way out away from going with God, under the excuse that he stammers

MaxInDHouse:
His arrogance stinks yet he feels right thinking individuals should feel obligated to respond to him.
Well i know how to deal with his type secretly he will be crying inside even though Maximus is silent.
Jesus has taught us how to distinguish between those that really need to be taught and arrogant religionists who doesn't deserve a response! Mark 14:61; Psalms 39:1; Ecclesiastes 3:7
Two positions are empty in hell. Two gone AWOL in hell. Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Pope Declares Seat Of Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Catholic Diocese Vacant / What Is Your Favourite Book Of The Bible And Why Is It? / Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.