Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences (23533 Views)

Army Rescue Woman Who Has Been Held In Boko Haram Captivity Since 2014 / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Mob Sets Robber Ablaze In Benue Over 8k And Raping At Gun Point (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by starbuck(f): 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
June 12th 2018, 8:07 pm

A petty thief approached me on a lonely road and snatched away my bag containing the kids snacks and my infinix note 5.. I had to drag it with him but he was much stronger than me, he brought out the phone and tried to access it but couldn't and he said that i should open it, i told him that i can only open the phone if he hands it over to me.. As I was about snatching it away from him, he brought out a dagger and aimed directly at my throat to stab me but I dodged it and pushed him away.. It was at that moment he ran away because people were already aware what was going on

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by BRATISLAVA: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
falcon01:
I don't want to go in details but I was attacked by three idiots in the night in a house around 2 am, I was sleeping woke up to three dudes with torchlight very bright, they were searching everywhere. First instinct was fight them off I don't know how but I was able to push 3 of them out of the room with punches untill I started feeling dizzy. yup! I was stabbed 3 times and blood was gushing and it was getting cold. Bottom line, they packed everything, I walked to the hospital that night on foot I don't know how but I got there and I keep winderingv how the Bleep I'm alive. Its 3 years now but I Steel feel slight pains due to some dead muscles in my rib sidee due to severe beatings i recievegrin and yeah they had a gun but I'm pretty sure it was a toy gun cause they would have shoot me when I was fighting since I hit all of them on the face.

Jet Li himself.

37 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by wennei(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
twice

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Freelane33(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
You’ve done well bro
Omicron007:
I have once been held at a knife point.

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Gkemz: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes, long ago the first time armed robbers of 5men gang burgled inside our house at night. My mum and little brother was inside. I was pointed a gun on my forehead as a kid. But instead of getting frightened, I fought them because I was confident they will never pull the trigger. When they tried to hurt my mum, I struggled with them while my little brother was crying and pleading on them not to hurt his mum and brother. I heard one of them whisper to another shoot that boy. That was when I knew anything could happen. I struggled with the one brandishing a pistol tooth and nail until he stopped intimidating the house and left. Immediately they left I hurriedly bumped inside the kitchen picked up a kitchen knife, pestle and pursued them. But because I had no backup, my morale was not high. In the morning I was admitted to hospital because of wound I suffered.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Enny2013(f): 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link
LOL...Lot of comedians on dis forum

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Talentempire: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
That had knife pointed to my neck
Because of ordinary mobile phone

I immediately asked them what they wanted they said my mobile phone I took it out of pocket and handed it to them
N the quickly ran into the bush.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bigcee(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
godofuck231:
That one na steady , if you know your training and you know you capabilities, ar least 2 go bleed to death 1 go de to tell the story of spirit when almost kill am , though I was successfully robbed once back in nigeria , it was because I was with company and at a dead end , if I did anything stupid someone would have been most likely shot dead , I no fear aumatics o but these humans hold awka

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by GreatAxeMan: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
I hope those your guys aren't still your friends. They sound very uneducated and ignorant.

Omicron007:

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Saintdan0421(m): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link

Lol, like u really serious? Damn, ur strategy was vawulence-free and magical.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by ButterBurger: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
It's not a cool scene.
Believe it, you wouldn't wanna or wish to play a role in the drama

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by jrusky(m): 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yea knive on two occasions but unfortunately they did not survived it with their body completed can't say more than that its very sensitive case.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by chaseblack(m): 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Nhmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by 22o62021: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2022
December 9 2017

They shot near my leg
Took my phone and left

I had to go up my game

Nkwucha abughi ujo

Selina tested

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
nope but I have held people at gun point...multiple times
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by emmy512: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
I no fit even talk about am, happened just 2nd of this month. Redmi 9, iphone 11, 2pc a camera, car remote and some documents. Certain i piss for my boxer

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by SeaTrade(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yeah,been kidnapped before by separatists in a central African country.
Had all these militia pointing guns to my head asking me if I wanted it in my head,chest or where?
Paid ransom to leave sha .
My only xrime was being in a Corpe diplomatique(CD) vehicle in the troubled zones at the time of the kidnap,so they mistook me for "government" they have issues with,whereas I'm just a businessman looking for headway.
Was all the driver's fault,dude panicked and stopped when gun carrying militia started jumping out of the Bush to block the roads,
If I was in the driver seat,I would have run all of them over olorun!
Life men, life!
And this was 2017

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by ybalogs(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
That's around 2003/4 under Rumuola bridge PH. I was coming from Choba around 7 as we almost always finish our lectures after 6 (Freshers) so had to take bike from Ofrima to Choba to board bus going to Rumuola. That was the days of Baggies and these cricket jerseys plus Big earphones to complete being a big boy. As I alighted from the bus a guy just called me and I foolishly went to meet him under the bridge. Two of his accomplishes followed me with knives pinned at my back before I even got to him and asked for my bag.
It was really crazy. Seems all they were able to get from me was like 120 naira as all I had in my bad were books. I chop some slaps sha and was asked to run. You sure know what happend next nah. I will never forget that night.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by RALPHOW(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:
My own experience happened in 2010. I was traveling back to Awka (unizik) cos school has resumed.

I boarded PMT at Ojuelegba, and that was during the era of ore road, we've all heard nasty tales about how dangerous and notorious that road was. The road was an eyesore and was littered with hoodlums and criminals who rob passengers with reckless abandon.

We left Ojuelegba by past 7am to and got to ore by 9pm cos of the traffic.

The driver now decided to park at a local motel so we can pass the night there and continue our journey at first light the following day. We all agreed cos we knew how notorious that area was especially at night.

By 3:am this silly PMT driver started horning for us to board that he has to be in Enugu by 7am cos it's his turn to load Lagos.

We told him it's still very early and dangerous, he rudely told us that he doesn't care that if we want to remain at the motel he would leave us and go.

So we boarded back the bus and continued our journey, to be honest, I was scared. Very scared.

We passed through ore and entered Benin, as we got to the benin bypass, I heard 3 loud gunshots, the worst had happened.

The robbers blocked our way with planks, tires and fired sporadically into the air to scare off anyone around.

Our driver halted the bus and they asked us to alight and lie on the ground, they ransacked everyone, phones, cash, shoes, wristwatches...etc were all taken.

My only joy was that the bus was filled with female students in fact more than 80% of the passengers were girls, yet no one was ràped.

After robbing us, they left us lying face down on the road and made they way into the bush. We go up, counted our losses, insulted the living hell out of the driver and moved on.

We got to unizik junction by 9am, that was an experience I will never forget.

You guy's supposed to hold the driver responsible drag him to police station.
He may be the armed robber 's guy man

38 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by HardMirror(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
I have been held at gunpoint once in akure and attacked with knives once too in ekiti. The two experiences were because I was out very late past 12am and they were both by vigilante groups

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Codeye(m): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
Two idiot slap
Me
Collect my phone
I left them went to where people is and lights try to call aboki to help me hmm the bastards no care because I no be Hausa I had to fought them alone but I later got stap by one of them with a bottle though I collect my phone back unfortunately I lost it why running to go and treat myself when bleeding started. Bold 5 BlackBerry that year
Hmm I still see one of those guys around but I don't want to revenge, I believed God fought for me.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Simplelion: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
yeah. gun on ma head don't wan to go into details but God win

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by MrBroke(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Here is the link

Wow, those boobs of yours deserves a guiness world record. would like to see dem though? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by humberjade: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yeah...in Jourhanesburg CBD...MTN Rand park to be precise...Broad daylight...was with a friend...we beckoned at a soldier who was passing by, he studied the situation for a second and walked away...I accessed the situation, told my friend in Yoruba that we needed to run...I ran as my legs could carry me without looking back...my friend was unfortunately robbed of every valuable thing he had on him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by humberjade: 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yeah...2014 in Jourhanesburg CBD...MTN Taxi Rank to be precise...Broad daylight...was with a friend...we were accosted by two rough looking guys with weapons...we beckoned at a soldier who was passing by, he studied the situation for a second and walked away...I accessed the situation, told my friend in Yoruba that we needed to run...I ran as my legs could carry me without looking back...my friend was unfortunately robbed of every valuable thing he had on him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by HardMirror(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Omicron007:

dont mind the idiots mocking you. Most of them are cowards... there are times you can fight but not when out numbered and not armed. If it were one on one, perhaps you could have resisted, but always calculate the risk

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Waxxxy: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Don't allow people to deceive you. Guy there's nothing like street rugged or wise when it comes to gun or knife most especially at night. Never struggle with someone that hold gun or knife because Dead Men Don't Tell Tales. I had a bad experience in 2013, am a night person and after the incident I vow that I wont exceed 7pm outside

Omicron007:

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Suspect1: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Jet Li himself.
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Didi2d(m): 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lol funny experience I must say.
One early morning I and some colleagues was at the bus stop waiting for company's staff bus.
Suddenly I noticed 2 young guys walking towards us like they want to pass. At that point i was not looking at them cos i thought they are going their own way, but as they got close to us I just heard "Oya How far" only for me to raise my head and saw someone holding a gun. Omo na so my eye clear, this boy started searching us with confidence, collecting our phones and any valuable.
One funny thing that makes me laugh whenever I remember that incident, was how I called them bros come take even before they got to me.
And another funny thing was how we all struggled to pass one narrow road as they ordered us run!

Behold! One bike guy was waiting for them

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Demigod22: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
That day was terrible. The guy actually fired some shots at me but I don't know how I survived it. That evening I was standing with a friend before the shooting started and people were running, the innocent me ran for my dear life.

Two days later, this guy came with some guys and placed guns on my bed and asked me to choose the one they will use for me. That was when he revealed that the previous shooting two days ago was targeted at me. All this intimidation because of woman.

When it comes to issue of gun, my experience in school was terrifying.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers / Chibuzor Ofonedu: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Selling Heroin (Photo) / Police Arrest 4 Suspects For Vandalizing Rail Tracks In Niger State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.