Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,479 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences (23571 Views)

Army Rescue Woman Who Has Been Held In Boko Haram Captivity Since 2014 / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Mob Sets Robber Ablaze In Benue Over 8k And Raping At Gun Point (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by tonididdy(m): 12:49am On Mar 28, 2022
Yes... Year20... Bayelsa.
"
I had arrived bayelsa from PH to write the Niger Delta University post-utme. There was a 7 o'clock curfew in PH, after the exams I decided to go back to PH because I knew no one at the campus to stay with (as at this time it was already past 6pm).

Luckily a truck halted and asked if we were headed PH, before he could finish the sentence about 4 of us hopped at the back of the truck because no transport company will go to PH at that time. There was a military man in the front seat with the driver, so I felt safe and confident.

At this time it was dark already and we were speeding hard on the highway, it was very windy and cold. About 30mins into the journey, there was chaos on the road, we we're stopped and informed a ROBBERY was ongoing in our direction. I just couldn't believe how unlucky I was.
Long story short, we had to reverse like the other cars, this was when I noticed we were no longer 4 at the back of the truck but now 5.
We started to quiz our selves who was the extra head, that's when the new guy started talking. He said he was the driver of the bus that was robbed and he also said he snatched a gun (pistol) from one of the robbers and he pointed the gun in my face ( he wanted to show it to me), I froze but was able to utter "pls remove it from my face, point it that way ".

... So that's how I was pointed a gun for the first and last time.

Long story short, we alerted the military man in front of our truck of the new events, we drove back to the previous checkpoint we had passed and more military men hopped on our truck with guns and we were headed back to the robbery point. When we got there... the military men started shooting into the air and the bush, thats when the drivers passengers in the bushes ran out and they identify their driver and we (truck) continue our journey to PH.

I arrive ph at almost 12am. .. I walked the remaining of the journey home with my hands in surrender mode just incase lol since it was a curfew night.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by LogicBomb8: 12:49am On Mar 28, 2022
iLegendd:
Long story. Two AK-47 on my head. It was a miracle.
Wtf...
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Honestfrend: 12:51am On Mar 28, 2022
silibaba:
worst experience I have ever had.

Travelled from Lagos to Nsukka to do introduction/payment of bride price of my wife.

Was attacked twice in less than 48hrs on our way back from Nsukka together with my mom and brothers.

The first one was along anambra-enugu road.it was like 11pm, they saw Benz, Omo those men pretended to be police. They started flashing their touch on us to slow down. We noticed that the bastards were not police, oboy if you see gun eh. change gear and drove very fast towards the one with the gun, na so the idiot fly enter bush. They tried to chase us but they knew their car can't chase Benz nah, so they left us. We then got to onitsha and decided to check in in a hotel, my mom discourage us, so we drove to ABC transport company at onitsha and spent the night there. As early as 4:30am the next day we were already cleaning up a little so we can continue our journey down to Lagos. So we decide to move close to upper iweka to get some stuffs. Omo, like 5 children not up to 17yrs old politicianfrom nowhere brought out guns and knife. Just because of my mom, we have to corporate with them. Took everything on us phone, money my mom gold wrist watch and necklace etc. It was a bad experience. Thank God, no one was hurt.

Abi nah the one thief come our house for Lagos, popsi try escape and headed to police station to report. Those idiot were just slapping my mom for my front to bring out all her jewelry including her wedding ring. No one was hurt.

That's why I like it when them burn them with fuel and tyre.

Bro I have never been robed, but I have been attacked.. I don't think I can withstand that, but u did well.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by openmine(m): 1:05am On Mar 28, 2022
Came back from school after a stressful exam that fateful evening and mumsy sent me on an errand to purchase a cream from a supermarket nearby...followed a shortcut which was very close instead of stressfully going round..when i followed that same path to return home, two guys forced me to stop with one threatening to shoot me by pointing a gun to my head and the other was trying to search my pockets for money...!
I was calm and didn't even make any move!
When it was obvious that i had no money except a waterproof that contained the cream that was still in my possession, he disappointingly asked me why i had no money with me and grudgingly let me go telling his criminal colleague that 'this one na bad market' grin grin
When i got home,so many thoughts flooded my head like what if that guy who was pointing the gun had mistakenly pushed the trigger!
Well Na God sha! cool cool
After that day,i said good bye to that shortcut road or any other one! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by arthurwillia(m): 1:09am On Mar 28, 2022
jagorinho:

That guy is a certified fool, most of them have been programmed to reason like that from birth...... imagine the effontry
I’m telling
I was just taking Aback
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by prophetfire: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link
. Onye iberibe.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by errigdee: 1:36am On Mar 28, 2022
STEAM GOLD RAZER AMAZON GOOGLE @ highest RATES now!!! WHATSAPP: +2347081850454
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by ozoono(m): 1:38am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link
God help you
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by PattyMike(m): 2:20am On Mar 28, 2022
Can I call it rob? In school, an abandoned road hardly anyone passes but it’s a short cut to another part of the city. Went to get car part and was going back to the mechanic. Two police men stopped me and the bike man, they seize him bike, one with a rifle and the other one will a stainless shinning glock pistol. Good cop bad cop don start I was clean, sir I’m not doing yahoo check everything. Okay oya enter motor I declined (police kill young men that year) and I got stupid and was raising my voice claiming rights. Rifle guy gimme gbosa for face spit dry for mouth, my eyes clear straight. Pistol officer tried to shove me in the car I was scared and held my grounds, he commot service pistol shot my left thigh it didn’t penetrate, they changed it to I was a robber and my partner escaped. Long story short they cleared my account, 120k they go drive me go ATM, nah me dey withdraw give them. 30k each ATM Meanwhile they hid the gun under car seat and took of their uniform (shirt) in the car. Till today I don’t know if they be real police or thief. The stupid car I use vex sell am.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by tillaman(m): 3:12am On Mar 28, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
Yes that was in 2020. It was around 8pm as I was coming from work, as I alighted from the bus 3 guys just approached me and show me gun and to behave well.. I just hmmming in my mind and look at them and I smile. I just tell them you want to rob cultist abi you wanna collect wotowoto....dey just smile and left
Dj YK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by tillaman(m): 3:18am On Mar 28, 2022
arthurwillia:

They caught up with you because the man is yoruba
Lol which kind level of tribalism be this
I thought I was the only one that read that part
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bashuayi(m): 3:21am On Mar 28, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
Yes that was in 2020. It was around 8pm as I was coming from work, as I alighted from the bus 3 guys just approached me and show me gun and to behave well.. I just hmmming in my mind and look at them and I smile. I just tell them you want to rob cultist abi you wanna collect wotowoto....dey just smile and left

DJ yk muulee grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 28, 2022
Yes never stop because gun men jump in the path of your vehicle . Accelerate straight at them so they would be too busy trying to save their own life to even remember to shoot at you.
SeaTrade:
Yeah,been kidnapped before by separatists in a central African country.
Had all these militia pointing guns to my head asking me if I wanted it in my head,chest or where?
Paid ransom to leave sha .
My only xrime was being in a Corpe diplomatique(CD) vehicle in the troubled zones at the time of the kidnap,so they mistook me for "government" they have issues with,whereas I'm just a businessman looking for headway.
Was all the driver's fault,dude panicked and stopped when gun carrying militia started jumping out of the Bush to block the roads,
If I was in the driver seat,I would have run all of them over olorun!
Life men, life!
And this was 2017

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by KLand(m): 3:30am On Mar 28, 2022
Yes, I have been held at gun point before. It was a Kidnapping experience.

Those bandits blocked the road, were shooting sporadically into the air at first.

I was travelling with my family in our car. They shot at the car, but the bullets didn't hit us. Even though some of the bullets pieced through the car.

I tried to reverse but another car swerved into mine. So we were both stuck, paving the way for the bandits who told us they were kidnappers, to round us at gun point and took us hostage into the nearby forest.

You can read the conclusion of the story via this link:

https://victorscorner.com/2022/02/09/kidnapped-for-ransom-my-personal-experience-part-10-conclusion/

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Amarisco(f): 3:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Sekoni003:
2016, I left home to use the ATM around 2'am. These white boys in their teens ran up to me with switch-blades drawn... Thank God for Smith and Wesson wink

You generally walk around with arms?
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Amarisco(f): 3:57am On Mar 28, 2022
Spandau:

Shows one thing. You must be a psychopath.

It’s called adrenaline angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Amarisco(f): 4:01am On Mar 28, 2022
BabaIbo:
It they caught up with the vehicle because our driver(employed driver) was a Yoruba man, and they robbed us.

angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Babysho(m): 4:11am On Mar 28, 2022
arthurwillia:

They caught up with you because the man is yoruba
Lol which kind level of tribalism be this

Yorubas are the new Asians grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by melayemi: 4:11am On Mar 28, 2022
Have had a gun pointed to my head after hitting one for the armed robbers with my car , left the guy unable to walk.. I was beaten mercilessly and when they succeeded in snatching my car, one of them pointed a gun at me while I was on the floor…

Shoot am make we Dey go him dey form say e get mind abi ** all this was happening while they carried the one I hit inside my vehicle…

Me on the floor shouting and pleading - not shoot me o abeg o…
I get small pickin o
If you shoot me who go take care of her..

The guy still with the gun on my head and me still pleading , one of his gang member had to drag him and that was how I was left and they zoomed of with my car .. and they kept on shooting to the air as they zoomed of…

God save my life that day

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Silentgroper(m): 4:38am On Mar 28, 2022
Sekoni003:
2016, I left home to use the ATM around 2'am. These white boys in their teens ran up to me with switch-blades drawn... Thank God for Smith and Wesson wink
should've gotten Draco .they wouldn't even come close to you
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Cti28(m): 4:58am On Mar 28, 2022
Twice, and the story is long.
The first incident: While returning from night class, around 12am (as have always been my custom) I met the the men of the under world, in their numbers. The first thought that came to me, was run for your life. That night I ran faster than Usain Bolt, though nothing was snatched from me. I only ended with a knife, stabbed at the back. That was the end of night class.

The second incident: I fell from a small cliff like a piece of rock into a canal, when attaked. I swam faster than Micheal Phelps and wondered in the bush like a US marine. I was completely exhausted. I finally made my way to an Army checkpoint. I only lost my Palm slippers and bag containing my tools

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bigcee(m): 5:07am On Mar 28, 2022
RALPHOW:

You guy's supposed to hold the driver responsible drag him to police station. He may be the armed robber 's guy man
Me sef reason am.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by 27Pushing30: 5:13am On Mar 28, 2022
Omicron007:
I have once been held at a knife point.

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.

Even rugged men go drop their belongings na only ignoramus dey talk say you suppose fight … over material things

As far as they weren’t after your life Abeg you were right to give them what you had on you.

It’s almost 2 years already and I’m sure the material things have been replaced by now.

Shalom

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bigcee(m): 5:25am On Mar 28, 2022
DropsMic:

Amateur grin grin...
Them don point us gun tire for portharcourt

Anyways if it ever happens again just smile, hail them and hand them "their properties".. If you do this, they may allow you keep some of your stuffs.
You no wise, I swear. You no just wise undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bigcee(m): 5:31am On Mar 28, 2022
Fame1309:

Security tip.when walking at night, behave like a mad man or like a ghost and don't go with valuable property.
Just like that? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Unrated900(m): 5:34am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there rounded them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved me from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link

Edo nor Dey carry last true true
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 28, 2022
Yes at Obanikoro at night close to baptist school
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Honestfrend: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2022
Hmm.. Horribly experience. God saved me.

I was on my way to work on that faithful day 2017 along mile2 oke.. I was walking in d middle of the express road because I learnt about them coming out from the bush to attack people walking on the other side of the road..

I was close to Fatgbem filling station wen these 3 guy stormed my part. As they were getting closer the one in front started jogging close to me. The moment he got to me he didn't display any weapon he just went for my bag. I had 2 laptops on me. I push his hand and did like I wan to cross to the other side. I ran as fast as I could. I almost got knocked down by a truck. The truck tore my cloth as I wanted to cross the 3 of them..

I felt sick that day at work.. But nothing was lost..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by newoffer: 6:25am On Mar 28, 2022
Mine was at Victoria Island around 5.30 am. I walked pass a tinted Toyota muscle when the doors open as I take a step. 3 guys came out with pistol and ordered me to enter the car. I naturally said I go no where. When the battle was too much I look at the other side of the road where some mopols were watching my attack like movie.
It was God. I shout Jesus these guys disappear with speed.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by newoffer: 6:27am On Mar 28, 2022
Na better breast dey get attention
Unrated900:

Edo nor Dey carry last true true
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by TruthUntold: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2022
Omicron007:

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.
You 'almost slid into PTSD', bro, how are you still alive? One thigish girl I know like that would have beaten those children's brain back to original factory setting.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by davessales039(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Omicron007:

Useless people will always claim what they are not. I bet those your guys would have pee'd their pants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Sold Her 18-Month-Old Baby ₦600,000 To Pay Bank Loan In Ogun / 81-Year-Old Ohio Man Shoots Uber Driver Over Scam Allegations (Video) / Adamawa Man Bathes Lover With Acid For Daring Not To Marry Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.