Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences (23596 Views)

Army Rescue Woman Who Has Been Held In Boko Haram Captivity Since 2014 / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Mob Sets Robber Ablaze In Benue Over 8k And Raping At Gun Point (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by BabaIbo: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
It happened once and it was in a Northern state during my NYSC program.

More than four guys cornered me and threatened me with different weapons, I saw axe, knife, matches, but I don't know the rest.

I managed to push the one at the right hand side to block the others and zoomed off, they chased me.
As I was about to turn to another corner facing a busy road which means escape, one guy sitting in front of a building gave me leg and I tripped and fell.

Omoh, them vex stab me for back and leg, while speaking Hausa language which I presumef to mean "Shebi you sabi run?"

I was robbed of my new phone, the earpiece, the cash I had with me.

It happened because I was a corper there and as such I don't know the route and people over there.

Aside that, nobody don obtain me before, even those that tried it in my stated of residence, collected wotowoto.

The other incident was when we were traveling for Christmas enroute east, the armed robbers gave our vehicle(private) hot chase, they caught up with the vehicle because our driver(employed driver) was a Yoruba man, and they robbed us. I was a little boy then.
Modified: If you lack comprehension, don't bring it close to my mention.
With respect to the mentioned Yoruba man, we were the one giving him direction, unlike an Igbo man that has the probability of knowing the route and may easily escape than someone just running without knowing the route because at that point we couldn't direct him again due to the panic.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by WIZGUY69(m): 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes. Many times. Thanks to NPF
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by illicit(m): 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
God forbid
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by bluefilm: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
I have been held at knife point two times in my life.

On both occasions, it wasn't funny at all.

The first time it happened, i was still a juvenile with no quick mental agility to think of how to strike back or escape.

The second time it happened, finding an escape route was exactly what I did once I had the chance.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by sketcherJ(m): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Demigod22:
That day was terrible. The guy actually fired some shots at me but I don't know how I survived it. That evening I was standing with a friend before the shooting started and people were running, the innocent me ran for my dear life.

Two days later, this guy came with some guys and placed guns on my bed and asked me to choose the one they will use for me. That was when he revealed that the previous shooting two days ago was targeted at me. All this intimidation because of woman.

When it comes to issue of gun, my experience in school was terrifying.
wait what later happened that night
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Zonefree(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
flexyrule:
I won't engage in any argument with anybody on this subject matter.

Never!
Where your knowledge ends is where someone's else knowledge starts. Calm down

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by godofuck231: 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
Spandau:

Mouthmaker
guy I de fear awka made o , loaded with a shotgun shell thats a deringer, its no ho for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by godofuck231: 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=bigcee post=111425395][/quote] no vex i no make mouth reach there o
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Zonefree:

Where your knowledge ends is where someone's else knowledge starts. Calm down
Very true.

But his statement clearly shows that his knowledge is very limited.

I won't engage further.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by godofuck231: 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=bigcee post=111425395][/quote] no vex i no make mouth reach there o ,that thing is evil
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Olam09(m): 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Omicron007:
I have once been held at a knife point.

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.

I've never been robbed in my life.. despite passing through oshodi at late night and walking through abule egba and other dangerous place.. but na baba God sha.. and lappy and phone dey always dey my hand and bag always.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by DaddyGoo: 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link

I no come see the link���
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Gireiboy(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2022
Fame1309:

Security tip.when walking at night, behave like a mad man or like a ghost and don't go with valuable property.
Madam, i'm sorry to say these, just pray you don't meet this type of guys, because if you are really the one on your profile (i.e your pic) no man can resist that, they would want to have a taste of that succulent body smiley

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by youngking22(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
Was once held by three guy in school campus, all tied up robbed, gun pointed too my head, they used Cutlass and cut my back and left arm. It was not funny, rain fell on me that night I was tied up in the a bush. The pain at my back was unbearable, God I felt useless, after three hours I managed too untie myself. Went to police station with blooded body, almost fallen arm. The police sent me away. At 1am I was just walking barefooted on the road, how I survived I don't know. In all I thank God for life.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Wannabenz: 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
I have been robbed twice at gunpoint. 2017(lost infinix hot4 and 2000cash) and March 2nd last year (lost Tecno l8 and 1000naira with my wallet).

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Caseywilliams(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
That was during my first year in the uni, after lectures i was the only one left in the hall... 1,000 capacity. Exiting the hall two guys already blocked me, one at my front and one at my back and i was shown one rusted pistol wey be like something wey no dey work again.. Long story cut short No man dares obtain a full time Nwa Aba like that. We done dey feel 9mm's for trenches. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by iLegendd(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
Long story. Two AK-47 on my head. It was a miracle.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by KingMack(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
It can only be God...I remembered mine vividly! But God should continue to protect us..some untimely death have occurred through this and some of our comerades here on Nairaland?

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by meobizy(f): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.
Lol. So as una dey type rubbish concerning murders and similar crimes, una dey fear to feature as headline? The funny part is such a situation may go unnoticed. Many deaths happen daily around the world.

some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.
Don't mind them. Talk is cheap. They will surrender similarly or more cowardly in the same position.

Nothing of the such has happened to me. My brother had a gun pointed at him once. He instinctively raised his hands to surrender. Nobody wants to die so the action was automatic. It didn't scar him past two weeks. Many years later and the event is long forgotten.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by gbengaoyeladun(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes that was in 2020. It was around 8pm as I was coming from work, as I alighted from the bus 3 guys just approached me and show me gun and to behave well.. I just hmmming in my mind and look at them and I smile. I just tell them you want to rob cultist abi you wanna collect wotowoto....dey just smile and left

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by qwertyboss(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Interesting thread
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by onlinestaff2020: 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
I've been robbed just once in my life and that was in the year 2005 after my NYSC.

I was in our house in G.R.A, Benin City on a fateful night at 10pm...There was light but we just finished relaxing outside for fresh air...Not long after that, we heard a bang on our fragile door and it came crashing down, lol and behold, see men of the underworld in our parlour brandishing matchetes and guns, telling us to bring our phones and money...I was not having money as of then but a new phone I bought while teaching after NYSC...I was unperturbed but just handed it over to them.

They were telling my mom to give them her gold and trinkets but was she actually having any, NO!

They succeeded in collecting my sister's Nokia phone...As for my brother, one of the robbers was shouting to his chairman that he's going to blast my brother with his gun because he wasn't forthcoming with any valuables...My brother no get chi chi or phone.

Anyway, they left our compound and we found out that they robbed other neighbors but no injuries was sustained in our compound...The other landlord in the next house was injured by the robbers with blood gushing outta of him.

I've watched a lot of action movies that was why I wasn't scared of those bad boys but I was only scared of what they are gonna do to my folks.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Hustlerconnect: 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
I was robbed few weeks ago.
On 11th this month. Here in Abuja wuse 2 by 3 hausa guys with knives
We were 4 in numbers on our to night dinner party
I was the only male in the midst of the 4 people.
While on our way going our car got spoilt ( over heating) by the side of the road we all came down and trying to let it cool off before we add water
. 20mins of waiting 3 armed hausa men just attacked me from behind. Note I was standing alone far from those ladies so i was attacked first. Initially I didn't knew what was happening because they were speaking hausa and one was holding my waist and I was busy pushing him away not until I look up and discovered that he was holding a knife pointing at me to stab me all these girls ran away I was the only one so I was trying my possible best to block myself from the knife trying to hold his hand but he kept swinging it. That's when I pushed him and and started running
they gave me a hot chase I fell down multiple times my phone fell off one of them picked it. I sustained bruises all over my body including dislocation in my upper arm region which I'm still nurturing till date . Have been in a state of depression all these while the trauma and everything keeps ringing in my head. Haven't been able to go to hospital to get myself treated because no enough cash with me again.
I would have been stab to death but I narrowly escaped. It's a miracle that I'm still alive now

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Coun3MAN: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hmmm, it wasn't funny my brother, I swear to God I see hell close to me, I was unable to eat properly for good 2weeks, I could not have sex for that period of time cuz my gbola could not erect. I don't pray for my enemy to experience that moment. It happens to me on 17th Jan. 2015

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by arthurwillia(m): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
Demigod22:
That day was terrible. The guy actually fired some shots at me but I don't know how I survived it. That evening I was standing with a friend before the shooting started and people were running, the innocent me ran for my dear life.

Two days later, this guy came with some guys and placed guns on my bed and asked me to choose the one they will use for me. That was when he revealed that the previous shooting two days ago was targeted at me. All this intimidation because of woman.

When it comes to issue of gun, my experience in school was terrifying.
You be cultist baba
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Ndubuisipaul1: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
I was coming back from work through a lonely road . This guy approached me with a machete, held me on the neck and asked me to bring whatever I had on me.

I don't know how God gave me courage. I just hit his hand of my neck and quickly crossed to the other side of the road .. The thief even shouted that I should be careful so that I will not be hit by a vehicle .

I crossed the road without looking ,but God saved me. The thief was even afraid that I might be hit by a car, that was why he shouted " be careful so that you don't get hit by a vehicle "

I guess this thief have small conscience

22 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by arthurwillia(m): 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hustlerconnect:
I was robbed few weeks ago.
On 11th this month. Here in Abuja wuse 2 by 3 hausa guys with knives
We were 4 in numbers on our to night dinner party
I was the only male in the midst of the 4 people.
While on our way going our car got spoilt ( over heating) by the side of the road we all came down and trying to let it cool off before we add water
. 20mins of waiting 3 armed hausa men just attacked me from behind. Note I was standing alone far from those ladies so i was attacked first. Initially I didn't knew what was happening because they were speaking hausa and one was holding my waist and I was busy pushing him away not until I look up and discovered that he was holding a knife pointing at me to stab me all these girls ran away I was the only one so I was trying my possible best to block myself from the knife trying to hold his hand but he kept swinging it. That's when I pushed him and and started running
they gave me a hot chase I fell down multiple times my phone fell off one of them picked it. I sustained bruises all over my body including dislocation in my upper arm region which I'm still nurturing till date . Have been in a state of depression all these while the trauma and everything keeps ringing in my head. Haven't been able to go to hospital to get myself treated because no enough cash with me again.
I would have been stab to death but I narrowly escaped. It's a miracle that I'm still alive now

So scary man
How do people resort to this? Like just call themselves together to harm someone else
It’s crazzzie

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by arthurwillia(m): 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
youngking22:
Was once held by three guy in school campus, all tied up robbed, gun pointed too my head, they used Cutlass and cut my back and left arm. It was not funny, rain fell on me that night I was tied up in the a bush. The pain at my back was unbearable, God I felt useless, after three hours I managed too untie myself. Went to police station with blooded body, almost fallen arm. The police sent me away. At 1am I was just walking barefooted on the road, how I survived I don't know. In all I thank God for life.

Wow how’s your arm now
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by arthurwillia(m): 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
BabaIbo:
It happened once and it was in a Northern state during my NYSC program.

More than four guys cornered me and threatened me with different weapons, I saw axe, knife, matches, but I don't know the rest.

I managed to push the one at the right hand side to block the others and zoomed off, they chased me.
As I was about to turn to another corner facing a busy road which means escape, one guy sitting in front of a building gave me leg and I tripped and fell.

Omoh, them vex stab me for back and leg, while speaking Hausa language which I presumef to mean "Shebi you sabi run?"

I was robbed of my new phone, the earpiece, the cash I had with me.

It happened because I was a corper there and as such I don't know the route and people over there.

Aside that, nobody don obtain me before, even those that tried it in my stated of residence, collected wotowoto.

The other incident was when we were traveling for Christmas enroute east, the armed robbers gave our vehicle(private) hot chase, they caught up with the vehicle because our driver(employed driver) was a Yoruba man, and they robbed us. I was a little boy then.

They caught up with you because the man is yoruba
Lol which kind level of tribalism be this

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by IamRegal: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yeah, I was surrounded by 4 fierce looking guys at the four corners of my bed, with sharp knives hovering my head.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by dhoncesar(m): 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
I once shared this on nairaland. It happened on the 3rd of Jan 2022. I was Cong back from work. So I got to this bus stop where I was suppose to take a bike home. Immediately the bikeman got to me. He drove off. So I looked up and around to know what's happening then I noticed I was been rounded up by this 5 teenagers . as I took my first step backword I was bounced back with a plank on my head. That was how the fight started. I was able to fight my way through , at that moment ,my bag have been collected and I was running away already . until I heard that sound. I froze up, they caught up with me and dragged me back to the spot where it started and beat the hell out of me. Meanwhile I was still resisting and fighting back. At the end I was able to run away. While I was catching my breath I remembered the gunshot and checked myself then I think it's either the boys released the bullet to scare me or he missed his shot. I just thank God for that. That night..3phones was collected from me along with the side bag where I have my documents. I ended up in the hospital where I spent two weeks. I didn't allow them check my pockets because I have 40k which I collected for the job I did that day and that was what I used to sort the hospital bill. On getting back home two weeks after I discovered that my account have been wiped off, over 300k was withdrawn. Thanks to my simcard on the phone they took from me. Presently...I'm still feeling the pains and the loss..

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by MissionaryArchi(m): 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
On the 18th of December 2021 at the heat of Christmas I was robbed.
I packed into a new estate residence, very lovely environment but still having some isolated routes and one was leading to my street.
That fateful night I went to a shop outside the estate to get noodles since my wife and kids were not home and was with my MIL for the weekend. After getting what I wanted and sluggish walking to the house with my Samsung phone, power bank and Cash I just withdrew that night for my Sunday offerings and doings. This particular Keke Napep passed me around where people were seated and drove down the lonely part leading to my street, son of man was just walking home when these underworld guys approached me at the lonely path, initially they passed me but I guess the phone in my hand was what attracted them.
One of them came down from the Keke and was pleading I give him audience cuz it seems he was missing his way this I thought before I turned to answer him. Immediately he got close to me he brought out a locally made gun at me saying I should not try making any move or else, within that same seconds another 3 guys jumped out from the Keke with 2 holding same local guns one pointing at my eye, the other at my forehead while the 3rd guy point at my stomach, all having a nose mask except the very one who collected my phone and searched my pocket, very handsome and tall dude wearing nice perfume.
These guys were ready to kill cuz the guys wielding the guns were smelling of alcohol and smoke (igbó). The funny thing is that I was no way scared knowing that was my first experience with robbers and to talk they were armed with local, chaiii
They were voicing out some cultists slang and hungry to celebrate the Xmas with my blood if I do anyhow. I just kept looking at the guy searching and collecting my stuffs and he shouted at me to stop looking at me and asking me the pin to my ATM card, for my mind I say this one think say I be mumu to give am correct pin?. They jumped back into the Keke and zoomed off.
It wasn't up to 30 seconds a police Van with the estate security men drove by the point where I was robbed and I flagged them down, narrated I was just robbed, this men like fast and furious movie reversed their vehicle and chased the robbers but we couldn't find them again since there were lots of Keke plying the estate routes. This search took almost 30 minutes and my hope for the Nigerian police was rekindled.
They were passionate in this search action and ready to shot immediately I identify them. Though most of their questions to me were uncomfortable for me to answer but I was glad Nigerian police officers could be this proactive.
Well I went home without my phone, Cash, power Bank and ATM but my noodles was intact (lols). I immediately called my bank to block my account from performing any online or offline transaction. The money in my account was safe but I lost business connections cuz according to Airtel they couldn't do a welcome back for me reason that my face was totally different from the one on their profile despite me linking my NIN to it.
Well I counted my loses and moved on. But today if them born you well just stop from any keke to ask me question, I go so chance you ruggedly. Every Keke plying that our estate is now a suspect to me

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Nigerians? As Kidnapped Md Of God Is Good Motors Found Dead / Mob Sets Suspected Robber Ablaze In Anambra (Graphic) / Man Impersonating Atiku Abubakar Jailed For 6 Months (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.