Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences (23535 Views)

Army Rescue Woman Who Has Been Held In Boko Haram Captivity Since 2014 / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit / Mob Sets Robber Ablaze In Benue Over 8k And Raping At Gun Point (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by DropsMic(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
Omicron007:
I have once been held at a knife point.

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.

Amateur grin grin...
Them don point us gun tire for portharcourt

Anyways if it ever happens again just smile, hail them and hand them "their properties".. If you do this, they may allow you keep some of your stuffs.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Brownshoe: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:
My own experience happened in 2010. I was traveling back to Awka (unizik) cos school has resumed.

I boarded PMT at Ojuelegba, and that was during the era of ore road, we've all heard nasty tales about how dangerous and notorious that road was. The road was an eyesore and was littered with hoodlums and criminals who rob passengers with reckless abandon.

We left Ojuelegba by past 7am to and got to ore by 9pm cos of the traffic.

The driver now decided to park at a local motel so we can pass the night there and continue our journey at first light the following day. We all agreed cos we knew how notorious that area was especially at night.

By 3:am this silly PMT driver started horning for us to board that he has to be in Enugu by 7am cos it's his turn to load Lagos.

We told him it's still very early and dangerous, he rudely told us that he doesn't care that if we want to remain at the motel he would leave us and go.

So we boarded back the bus and continued our journey, to be honest, I was scared. Very scared.

We passed through ore and entered Benin, as we got to the benin bypass, I heard 3 loud gunshots, the worst had happened.

The robbers blocked our way with planks, tires and fired sporadically into the air to scare off anyone around.

Our driver halted the bus and they asked us to alight and lie on the ground, they ransacked everyone, phones, cash, shoes, wristwatches...etc were all taken.

My only joy was that the bus was filled with female students in fact more than 80% of the passengers were girls, yet no one was ràped.

After robbing us, they left us lying face down on the road and made they way into the bush. We go up, counted our losses, insulted the living hell out of the driver and moved on.

We got to unizik junction by 9am, that was an experience I will never forget.
the driver is a suspect, they might be working together, they have made contact to bring you by that time, who knows.

19 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by seunak2016: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:
My own experience happened in 2010. I was traveling back to Awka (unizik) cos school has resumed.

I boarded PMT at Ojuelegba, and that was during the era of ore road, we've all heard nasty tales about how dangerous and notorious that road was. The road was an eyesore and was littered with hoodlums and criminals who rob passengers with reckless abandon.

The driver now decided to park at a local motel so we can pass the night there and continue our journey at first light the following day. We all agreed cos we knew how notorious that area was especially at night.

By 3:am this silly PMT driver started horning for us to board that he has to be in Enugu by 7am cos it's his turn to load Lagos.

We told him it's still very early and dangerous, he rudely told us that he doesn't care that if we want to remain at the motel he would leave us and go.

So we boarded back the bus and continued our journey, to be honest, I was scared. Very scared.

We passed through ore and entered Benin, as we got to the benin bypass, I heard 3 loud gunshots, the worst had happened.

The robbers blocked our way with planks, tires and fired sporadically into the air to scare off anyone around.

Our driver halted the bus and they asked us to alight and lie on the ground, they ransacked everyone, phones, cash, shoes, wristwatches...etc were all taken.

My only joy was that the bus was filled with female students in fact more than 80% of the passengers were girls, yet no one was ràped.

After robbing us, they left us lying face down on the road and made they way into the bush. We go up, counted our losses, insulted the living hell out of the driver and moved on.

only insult the driver? you know accuse him of being accomplice and conspire with robber to rob you guyz, you suppose drag him go station

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Saintdan0421(m): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mine happened sometimes between 2014-2015 at Bosso, Minna, I was a Futmite then.

Felt like eating suya that particular night. Left my bed around to 11pm and headed for "YAHUZA SUYA SPOT". Got there with no stress, bought the Suya successfully and was returning back (immediately after Winners Chapel) when one Aboki dude accosted me, his second was waiting inside a Golf. Niga ask me ' How far, wetin dey for me in Hausa accent, omo I like froze for a sec, he then adjusted his Jalabia revealing one sharp 2-edged dagger, I was just staring like Zombie. I couldn't say shit.
Then like a flash, I cross the road to the other lane, luckily a bike was approaching, I stopped and told him to just ride. OMO I DIDN'T EVEN CARE TO LOOK BACK. (*I lost appetite las las for the Suya).

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by BePrepared: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Maybe as jet li

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Glowqueen3(f): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
Yes,Last year Dec 2021,l was going to work in the morning around 7:30,l was robbed by two guys on bike,the first got down from the bike attacked me with a matchet and told me "your phone or your life",l looked around and saw l was on the road and some young school students were coming behind me,l gave them the phone and they went away on their bike.l went to the police station to report only for me to be told that their tracking system was down,l just gave up on it and move on.

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Fame1309(f): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
HardMirror:
I have been held at gunpoint once in akure and attacked with knives once too in ekiti. The two experiences were because I was out very late past 12am and they were both by vigilante groups
Security tip.when walking at night, behave like a mad man or like a ghost and don't go with valuable property.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by OluwaBlessyn: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
This week will make it a year i was held at knife point,i was on my way to work that fateful mrng,it was a 8-10 mins trek to the bus stop from my street,those two guys came down from bike n stopped behind me and double crossed me and asked if i had anything with me n i should not try n make any attempt to run,i just gave them the small nokia fone with me,the guy asked is that all?,i said yes,the guy then searched me and took my android fone and climb their bike n zoomed off,they still went and u-turned in the front of this non functioning police station,i was just scared for my life cuz anything might have happened,funny enuff,a soldier highway patrol van passed like a minute before i was attacked,i had ptsd for months.i was just grateful it was just my fones they collected and not my life

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Fame1309(f): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Security tip.when walking at night, behave like a mad man or like a ghost and don't go with valuable property.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:

You people didn't knack the driver 2 by 2? Only insults? Chai!

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Omicron007:
I have once been held at a knife point.

During the END-SARS protest in late 2020, I was on my way to work in the wee-hours of the morning, I boarded a taxi and dropped at the junction while waiting for the staff bus to come.

Immediately I alighted from the taxi, three young dirty-looking smelling boys rounded me up. They held me and told me to bring my bag and empty my pocket. I had a laptop in the bag and two phones in my pocket. I also had my office key-card, a flash and some amount of money in the bag.

These boys from the underworld pointed their knives and wanted to stab me. I gently handed over my properties to them to avoid being on the front page of Nairaland.

The security operatives where not on the road as a result of the protests that time and few commuters were on the road.

This particular sad event still lingers in my mind and I almost slid into PTSD.

When I narrated the unfortunate story, some of my guys laughed at me saying I was not a street-rugged guy.

Share your own experience, I'll be in the comment section to read.
PTSD... Because of knife....

Some of you boys don't deserve to be quoting us here.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Zonefree:
If you've ever been held at a gunpoint, you'll agree with me that the texture of gun is chilly. It sends instant sober reflection direct to your brain.

It depends.... If you've got a tested and trusted anti-metal... Not even the sight of an AK47 will scare you...

Gone are the days.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by falcon01: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Jet Li himself.
you can say that again grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by silibaba: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
worst experience I have ever had.

Travelled from Lagos to Nsukka to do introduction/payment of bride price of my wife.

Was attacked twice in less than 48hrs on our way back from Nsukka together with my mom and brothers.

The first one was along anambra-enugu road.it was like 11pm, they saw Benz, Omo those men pretended to be police. They started flashing their touch on us to slow down. We noticed that the bastards were not police, oboy if you see gun eh. change gear and drove very fast towards the one with the gun, na so the idiot fly enter bush. They tried to chase us but they knew their car can't chase Benz nah, so they left us. We then got to onitsha and decided to check in in a hotel, my mom discourage us, so we drove to ABC transport company at onitsha and spent the night there. As early as 4:30am the next day we were already cleaning up a little so we can continue our journey down to Lagos. So we decide to move close to upper iweka to get some stuffs. Omo, like 5 children not up to 17yrs old politicianfrom nowhere brought out guns and knife. Just because of my mom, we have to corporate with them. Took everything on us phone, money my mom gold wrist watch and necklace etc. It was a bad experience. Thank God, no one was hurt.

Abi nah the one thief come our house for Lagos, popsi try escape and headed to police station to report. Those idiot were just slapping my mom for my front to bring out all her jewelry including her wedding ring. No one was hurt.

That's why I like it when them burn them with fuel and tyre.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Spandau: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
godofuck231:
That one na steady , if you know your training and you know you capabilities, ar least 2 go bleed to death 1 go de to tell the story of spirit when almost kill am , though I was successfully robbed once back in nigeria , it was because I was with company and at a dead end , if I did anything stupid someone would have been most likely shot dead , I no fear aumatics o but these humans hold awka

Mouthmaker

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Crafteck1: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
All nigerians are, some people weaponized poverty and held it to our heads

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Spandau: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
ursullalinda:
Twice sef but i don't give in to fear when I'm attacked......my own fear comes after the attack and it's strange.

Shows one thing. You must be a psychopath.
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
MrWondah:

We already know the drill. Give them what they want, mark their faces, go report give senior man.
Street 101.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by LyfeJennings(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Waxxxy:
Don't allow people to deceive you. Guy there's nothing like street rugged or wise when it comes to gun or knife most especially at night. Never struggle with someone that hold gun or knife because Dead Men Don't Tell Tales. I had a bad experience in 2013, am a night person and after the incident I vow that I wont exceed 7pm outside

give the gist now
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Brownshoe: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Gun point :yes, our street vigilante rob us
Axe: during the reign of 3310 Nokia phone( jagba things).
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by ifimix(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mine was twice.

First was Lagos Ibadan express in 2012 by 3:05Pm. 35 armed men immediately after Ogere had crossed the road and robbed other commuters. One of this idiot pointed a gun to my head asking for my phone and other belongings; I ddnt even hesitate to drop all. I was a corp member then serving at Ogun.

Secondly was 2017, Okene town in Kogi state where I work then. Chilling with a bottle of Gulder around 7pm when this two Men of the underworld opened triger thrice: they are Men of SARS. Money, wrist watch and one of my phones was collected. I summon courage to hide my precious Gionee phone that day. They were later caught but Police was asking for the receipt of my properties before I can claim them, I just ignore them since I don't have them again.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Julius223pounds(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
RALPHOW:

You guy's supposed to hold the driver responsible drag him to police station.
He may be the armed robber 's guy man

Guy, your head get oil.
That called he received might be the robbers that call him to start coming immediately. Trust no one.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Zonefree(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
flexyrule:
It depends.... If you've got a tested and trusted anti-metal... Not even the sight of an AK47 will scare you...

If you're anti metal tested, you should know when you try to put it into test, it fails.

Protective gears are usually potent at unforeseen circumstances.

Gone are the days truly lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by KingAzubuike(f): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
flexyrule:

Get sense and forget about all these juju nonsense. They don't exist .

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Oturatetuala(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
During agagu and mimiko election, omo I nearly die. Nigeria stupid gan ni

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by harmony75: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
FalseProphet1:

it is possible that driver is working with the armed men!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Brownshoe: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Fame1309:
you funny, lol, boys wey go rob ghost, have u ever heard of tomb raiders?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Get sense and forget about all these juju nonsense. They don't exist .
You speak according to the level of your understanding.

The limit of your knowledge is where other people start learning..

Like I said... Gone are those days!

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Olayetan(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
I've been held at knife point before at iyana iba walking to okoko, I was scared to the bone but when we got to where there's light, I just summon courage to shout at them, this was after they have collected my phone, immediately I raised my voice to get passersby attention, they just ran into the dark area.

Omo, come see sprinting after.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by flexyrule(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
Zonefree:

If you're anti metal tested, you should know when you try to put it into test, it fails.

Protective gears are usually potent at unforeseen circumstances.

Gone are the days truly lipsrsealed
I won't engage in any argument with anybody on this subject matter.

Never!
Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Olayetan(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link

cheesy
What can pointed boobs not do?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Held At A Knife/Gun Point: Share Your Experiences by Olam09(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

2017 I experience it in Edo state, but how I was able to used my boobs and Hypnotized them is still a mystery. They were so useless when I deliberately exposed my nipples to them and instead of robbing me, they were stupidly and unconsciously looking at those magical boobs, till guys there round them up and bundled them . They were seriously dealt with..since that day I don't joke with my breast, because it saved from useless idiotic nonentities. The story even trended and was on nairaland front page.

Here is the link
Hmm.. DJ yk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chibuzor Ofonedu: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Selling Heroin (Photo) / Police Arrest 4 Suspects For Vandalizing Rail Tracks In Niger State (Photo) / Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.