Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience (14597 Views)

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Who Has Served Or Worked With FAME Foundation Abuja? / 7 Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by boxypane(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
My boss is Dr. SAO. He’s the best I’ve ever worked with. Always making you get better.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by johnsung: 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
DavSagacity:

Just pray he doesn't have a Jezebel as a wife that's capable of turning his heart against his staffs , surbodinate and those there are hitherto benefitting from him

This is just exactly what I'm facing at my place of work now. Its a one man business and more like a family business. The Man(owner and director) is a very nice man with a very good heart but the wife is something else, never see anything good in anything anyone is doing, looks down on everybody like you're a begger.
The man came to the office one morning with the woman and I greeted him good morning and the man responded and said hope I slept well and the woman picked offense with it, that why will he be asking if his staff slept well, if I don't sleep well that's my business.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Bifas1: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
I served under an Admiral ( R Adm Kadiri (Rtd) few years back and his leadership style/skill is top notch. He is very humble and respectful and above all, he has the welfare of his men at heart.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by DavSagacity(m): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
eherbal:
Mr Fabunmi. Boss, father, and friend. Most patient and enduring boss I've ever worked with till date. When it comes to sharing the booty from office expenditures, this man believes in equal slicing. Like which boss does that? I was forced to ask him why he's that way? his response was legendary.he said, "you're young men whose future cannot be predicted. I don't know where you may all end up, or what you may become. So for my own sake and that of my children I have to be magnanamous in my dealings". God bless you MR Fabunmi for I have carried on with your tradition and legacy. grin

Sorry about your bad experience bro, it's just the way most women are wired.
Hmmmmm....the likes of Mr Fabunmi is very rare to come by. Maybe one in a hundren

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by bobbiiee: 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Abayomi Akinfenwa. Former staff of Intercontinental Bank before he retired. He's from Osun. He's the best of the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by gracedson: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
CEO House of phreedah body care and spa.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by MadamOk(f): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
my boss is cool handsome and calm boss ever
he is my divine helper
the one god sent to favor me
he doesn't hold salary no matter what the country or business is saying
he is god fearing boss
i believe he the best boss
nairalanders help me appreciate him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by jamalchance(m): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrs Ahmadu ... may God continue to bless you

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by DonroxyII: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by ejire042(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
My Oga
Enjoyed every time I spent with this man with a beautiful heart.
Never wants you standing when you with him in his office. I'm used to it because of my past experiences. He does not like it at all.
There was a day he looked at me intently and asked if I was okay. I lied that all is well. I was so amazed how he could see through me like that.
I will just get to the office and meet a bucket of KFC on my desk. It was just a beautiful experience all day. His December gift to us was just amazing. My wife kept asking what kind of boss I have.
I never for a moment regretted working with him.
I don't want to disappoint him, so I put my best to my roles.
Bless you sir.
May God uplift you wherever you are

6 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by President2001(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
The oga is a man of God he will attend to any issue he come across, when I want to do interview/ exam in headquarter he left Ondo State for Lagos just because of one person
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Aparche(f): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
I'm currently working with my best boss remotely... she's an African American that runs a digital marketing agency in US.

She's very gentle, gracious and really cares about the people that work for her. If you don't know or understand something she will schedule a zoom meeting and take her time to teach you.

She's ready to do everything within her capacity to help you solve your problem, even if it's not work related.

Early this month, I nearly lost access to a foreign Copywriting course I had been paying for online because of CBN policy of max. $20/month for naira debit card.

I told her my problem, and begged her to help me complete the last payment of $297 for the course so that I won't lose all the previous payment I already made as well as the course itself.

She agreed, and helped me complete the purchase and then deducted the money from my salary at the end of the month.

One thing I love about her, if you perform a task well she will praise you sotey your head go swell. And she keeps thanking and appreciating us for the work that we do... meanwhile she's paying us o!

Our meeting last Monday was an emotional one as she burst into tears when telling us how much we meant to her, that she loves us and feel blessed working with us.

I told her that she's my ideal boss, and that honestly I look forward to our meetings. And my heart doesn't skip a beat on Mondays.

And I'm not the only person that feels this way about her, today she wasn't around for our meeting so my Pakistani colleague was telling us that she misses her and that she had a dream about her.

We were all saying how much we missed hearing her voice. Even her voice sef is soothing...

I don't want this post to be too lengthy but I'm just so thankful to God for connecting me to such a wonderful woman.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by lekush(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
I know Bayo Sanni, very intelligent and workaholic. I once took a ride in his car to inspect his facility at P&G Ibadan (Megahaul). Throughout the journey from Lagos to Ibadan, he was on business calls and on his laptop working. His memory is exceptional. I installed automatic tank gauge on his diesel tanks on that site. A very good man to work with. I really wish to meet him again �

airsaylongcome:
Bayo Sanni - Megahaul Logistics (and now Country Manager, Oracle Nigeria)
Pastor Dimeji Matesun (PDM) - SVNL
Judith

Bayo and PDM where very very influential in my early career. Bayo gave me my first break after NYSC, leading a team to deploy, manage and support a Warehouse Management System for P&G National DC.

PDM drove my development in Business Intelligence and System deployment. I remember deploying a Business Management Solution for SVNL that gave him 100% of his entire operations in 13 outlets across the country sitting from anywhere in the world. He was so excited about it after hunting such a solution for years. Best thing was that it was a free cloud solution that cost him nothing but gave him so much business intelligence he could easily set strategy for the entire business

"Ju Ju" was a big motivator. Worked with her only a few weeks but her drive and execution remain with me till this day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by wolesmile(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
Dmeji4444:
Mr Rabiu - Seedvest Limited.

He has more than a hundred ways of complementing a job welldone.

Words like ;
Good job
This is fantastic
That was beautiful
I love this
You are the best
This is what we are talking about.
And so on.

The man can burst brain like mad.
May he never lack anywhere he may be, Amin

Rate Sammy make I see...
I wan check something... grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by lekush(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
A whity, I guess

ejire042:
My Oga Capt Stillo of Bristow
Enjoyed every time I spent with this man with a beautiful heart.
Never wants you standing when you with him in his office. I'm used to it because of my past experiences. He does not like it at all.
There was a day he looked at me intently and asked if I was okay. I lied that all is well. I was so amazed how he could see through me like that.
I will just get to the office and meet a bucket of KFC on my desk. It was just a beautiful experience all day. His December gift to us was just amazing. My wife kept asking what kind of boss I have.
I never for a moment regretted working with him.
I don't want to disappoint him, so I put my best to my roles.
Bless you sir.
May God uplift you wherever you are
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Sirmikky1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrs. Olufunke Adeyeba

Smart, intelligent, lovely, lovable, industrious and all...but she had (I don't know if she still does) a terrible assistant
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by airsaylongcome: 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
hakm5:

I must know you because I worked with pastor dimeji matesun. In matrix, who are you? My name is hakeem. I worked directly Segun Ayeobasan

Lol! It's a public forum here o. Can't mention my name. But yes I worked alongside Segun while he headed Matrix.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by airsaylongcome: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
lekush:
I know Bayo Sanni, very intelligent and workaholic. I once took a ride in his car to inspect his facility at P&G Ibadan (Megahaul). Throughout the journey from Lagos to Ibadan, he was on business calls and on his laptop working. His memory is exceptional. I installed automatic tank gauge on his diesel tanks on that site. A very good man to work with. I really wish to meet him again �

Bayo is too damned intelligent! And a very good leader too. Seems like you worked for the Diesel dump at Alomaja when P&G was still operating from there. Me and my team came in a few weeks after the Diesel dump started working from inside the Warehouse itself
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by bhella10: 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
Me Barr. Cyril Uvwo. For the trust. This is my first boss ever. I was young and fresh out of secondary school so his colleague a Barrister too Cliff Omigie took me in as the clerk. They would leave me in the office alone with wads of cash. They shaped me to be a vivacious reader. God bless them.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by omonighoblessing(f): 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
I worked in Gtbank between 2014 to 2015 as an intern... I will say it continously that ROSEMARY IGUN is the best boss I have ever worked with. God continue to bless her!

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
My Mum

Hers was kind of tough love, but looking back now, it shaped me to what I am today. She'll always give me the seemingly impossible tasks to do, funny enough, I always found a way to do them. Almost never complimented me if I did it... Had a special way of pissing me off, or maybe I was just pissed off because I expected to be treated specially and I wasn't.

She taught me time management and professionalism. I dare not misbehave else Na me she go use as example for staff meeting, even if the misbehaviour was at home. If I do mistake comot small money from account, even if Na cash to buy food, she to calculate am remove am from my salary at the end of the month (that one dey pain special)... Just to mention a few

But what can I say? I am what I am today in terms of organisational management, good people skill and excellent decision making plus financial prudence because of her

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
My European boss oooo!!!! He was a God sent ooo!!! I was just flexing and resumption time was 10am to 5pm, sometimes we close 2pm or 4pm sef! He also gave me many freebies like MacBook, iPhone, android phone, gave my other boss a car etc Free foreign lunch nkooo!? Chaaaai my boss is so nice! And once he shouts at you, next thing he does is to apologize like a little child lol Oyibo sweet to work with and I prayed for it too. God answers prayers!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Aguogba(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
I have the best boss in the whole wide world.

1.calls me by name all the time.
2.Replies all my queries within 2 minutes max
3.Receives my calls whenever you call including midnight.
4. Gives me daily, weekly, monthly appraisals with zero bias.
5. NEVER notices or acknowledges eye service
6.And most importantly, ZERO favouritism.
7. My boss is an app.
I love remote jobs with computer Apps.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by luvyaself95(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
This Current One and i never want to work with another one whether best or bad.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Aries4321: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
Aparche:
I'm currently working with my best boss remotely... she's an African American that runs a digital marketing agency in US.

She's very gentle, gracious and really cares about the people that work for her. If you don't know or understand something she will schedule a zoom meeting and take her time to teach you.

She's ready to do everything within her capacity to help you solve your problem, even if it's not work related.

Early this month, I nearly lost access to a foreign Copywriting course I had been paying for online because of CBN policy of max. $20/month for naira debit card.

I told her my problem, and begged her to help me complete the last payment of $297 for the course so that I won't lose all the previous payment I already made as well as the course itself.

She agreed, and helped me complete the purchase and then deducted the money from my salary at the end of the month.

One thing I love about her, if you perform a task well she will praise you sotey your head go swell. And she keeps thanking and appreciating us for the work that we do... meanwhile she's paying us o!

Our meeting last Monday was an emotional one as she burst into tears when telling us how much we meant to her, that she loves us and feel blessed working with us.

I told her that she's my ideal boss, and that honestly I look forward to our meetings. And my heart doesn't skip a beat on Mondays.

And I'm not the only person that feels this way about her, today she wasn't around for our meeting so my Pakistani colleague was telling us that she misses her and that she had a dream about her.

We were all saying how much we missed hearing her voice. Even her voice sef is soothing...

I don't want this post to be too lengthy but I'm just so thankful to God for connecting me to such a wonderful woman.
Hi, quite an amazing boss you have there, I was reading through your comment and stumbled upon the fact that your boss has a marketing agency, I am a freelance and also a digital marketer, a data analyst and a online sales personnel, I would be happy if you can talk to her if she needs any additional sort of service. If you can't, it's totally fine, I just didn't want to pass the chance to sell my services out there

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by luvyaself95(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
appliedscience:
Belle....
( Has a big tommy .. so we call him belle).
His an Indian man... So intelligent and smart! He gave me a platform to improve and learn, Infact he will call me to his office and teach me, tinx my fellow Nigerians dey intentionally hide. He intentionally transferred to so many departments and made me a utility player...
He has his bad sides.. He shout alot and always love to play by the book....

He was forced to resign on health grounds.

Realy miss him...

Hard to see Good and well behavior india man but you're of the lucky that met him.
those people can work mehn
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by luvyaself95(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
123readygo:
Hmmmmmm.
My late boss... A woman with extraordinary qualities and a heart of gold. She treated me like I'm her son. I never touched my salary the period I worked with her. She's amongst the few bosses then that paid overtime.

She was always sending me on an errand with enough tips... She had so much trust in me that even when her banking signature became irregular as a result of old age she refused to go to the bank and rectify it but rather gave me access to her account.

Her affection for her workers was not extended to only me but to every of her staff. I have never seen her shout at any of the workers. But she can abuse you (in a funny way though) when you misbehave

Wow man she is definition of real woman may her Rest In Peace.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by luvyaself95(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
123readygo:
Hmmmmmm.
My late boss... A woman with extraordinary qualities and a heart of gold. She treated me like I'm her son. I never touched my salary the period I worked with her. She's amongst the few bosses then that paid overtime.

She was always sending me on an errand with enough tips... She had so much trust in me that even when her banking signature became irregular as a result of old age she refused to go to the bank and rectify it but rather gave me access to her account.

Her affection for her workers was not extended to only me but to every of her staff. I have never seen her shout at any of the workers. But she can abuse you (in a funny way though) when you misbehave

Wow man she is definition of real woman may her soul Rest In Peace.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by VULCAN(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
The bolded really touched me.

May God increase you a thousand fold because of your heart of appreciation.

SwayG:
My current boss is the best.
He doesn't complain and gives total independent liberty to all staff. And we all perform excellently well.

Whenever you come late he'll invite you to his office, give you proper orientation in a very calm manner.
Personally, I'd have preferred to work with him for long if not for the pay.

I really pray for the success of the company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by VULCAN(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Thank you for creating this thread.

It's a breath of fresh air in a very toxic world

zeenaman:
Last week, a topic was trending about toxicity in workplace, and the experiences shared by people were inundating. That's not to say there are no good places to work in Nigeria. There are some organizations in Nigeria that have international standard when it comes to employees welfare, but as Nigerians that we are, we only dwell on toxic places and make it look like there are no good bosses anywhere in Nigeria.

I believe what's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander. With that said, let's celebrate our good bosses and organizations on this thread. Share your experience working with a good boss and organization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors / It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.