Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism (5160 Views)

Okupe's Political harlotry, opportunism Not Needed In Our Party - LP / APC Primary: G-37 In Final Push For Amaechiā€™s Presidential Bid / Edwin Clark Saga: I See No Wisdom In Ohanaeze Ndiigbo And IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism by DitariDisciple2: 12:19am On Apr 10, 2022
Igboid:

Now take a look at this part of the summary.

While Ijaws and GEJ were busy negotiating compromise with the North and West.
They knew they needed no negotiating with Ndiigbo.
They just paid few Political jobbers amongst us who went about preaching about GEJ being one of us, then all emotional talks about us and Ijaw being one! You know old Eastern region, and about how supporting GEJ will help bring the old Eastern region unity back.

So we negotiated nothing from GEJ.
While we supported him and took bullets for him, not even our federal roads could be built by him, why should he? He knew our support was not interest based , but rather emotion based. Moreover he paid Igbo Politicaljobbers who worked on our emotions well, so you couldn't blame him.
But he knew the North support was hinged on interests, so he kept trying to please them Amajeri school and all.

Take a look around you and you see same pattern with Igbo political jobbers that are projecting Amaechi to us.
The Isiguzoro faction of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and all, have obviously been compromised. These lots can't tell me they mean well for Ndiigbo and SE.

Ijaws are for Ijaw Republic for all Ijaws In the six states.
All Ijaw share borders with each other.
Not up to half of Ijaw land was in the politically created Eastern Region most was in Western Region
Re: Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism by Noccerino(m): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Igboid:
It's late here. I have alot to write, so I will write more tomorrow.
I intend to leave this thread as a reminder to future Igbo generations,incase we make this Amaechi blunder, that atleast I tried to stem the tide.
Ekwueme and co did this in 2010 and today, it's has been proven that they were far more visionary than the rest of Igboland at that moment in time.
As a nwafo, I took my time to read everything you wrote from the very first page to this last one and I can't agree less with you. Before now, I was undecided about Amaechi but this thread has helped clear my doubts. Ndigbo mist do anything possible to prevent an ikwerre presidency cos I realized it will set us further behind than even a Tinubu presidency.
Nice one Pazienza.
Re: Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism by horsepower102: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bump
Re: Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism by ljoh: 8:16pm On May 05, 2022
Igboid:
As the race for who will occupy Aso rock come 2023 when Buhari tenure elapses heats up, many would be contestants for the soon to be vacant throne have started indicating their intentions, while others are still studying the political climate before joining the ring.
It is on this note that I decided to pen this article to wake Ndiigbo from their sentiment driven slumber especially with respect to the possible emergence of Rotimi Amaechi as APC flag bearer after some whisperings have emerged that he could possibly be Buhari chosen candidate.

Amaechi Rotimi is no stranger to Nigerian politics, his foray into Abuja politics started in 2014 when he decamped to APC where he played a big role in helping Buhari and APC unseat GEJ from his office in 2015.
Being in control of the oil rich Rivers state, Amaechi had enormous financial muscle to bring to proceedings and never wasted time to deploy them in favor of APC. This helped him clinch the ministerial post in Buhari cabinet which he has held since then until now.

Being such a trusted ally of Buhari who helped him to power, many have always believed that he nurses a presidential ambition which Buhari might feel obligated to oblige to as a token of gratitude. However there is also a big matter of Tinubu who also played a big role in Buhari ascension to power.
As expected, Tinubu and his supporters have at all times seen Amaechi as a big threat to their 2023 presidential ambitions.
Consequently, it is not a surprise that they are rattled by the prospects of him being Buhari preferred candidate for APC. But the question is: Should Ndiigbo also be worried about Amaechi emergence?

The answer to the above question is Yes and No!
If Amaechi is contesting as an Ikwerre/Rivers man or South South man, then Ndiigbo should have no cause for alarm.
But if he is going to compete under the pretense of being Igbo, then every well meaning Igbo should be worried and must fight against that.

Amechi said he's Igbo in one video I watched
Re: Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism by ljoh: 8:22pm On May 05, 2022
Igboid:

Exactly my point.
Thanks.
Anybody projecting Amaechi with hope they could use him to assuage the call for Igbo presidency must be cleared right now and not later.
Ndiigbo must be unequivocal about this.

There is nothing like Igbo presidency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Farouk AbdulMutallab Wants To Be Tried Under Sharia / Exclusive Interview: I'm Not Opposed To Muslim-Muslim Ticket--Buhari / The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.