Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap (33448 Views)

Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' / Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

You are actually the only stupid person if you think the medical condition is even worth being angry about. The way people picture this, you are gonna think it's like a terminal illness....
To make matter worse, this same will smith made same joke about someone else that's bald and he ended it with "C'mon man, it's just a joke"

So disgraceful a black man will behave like that to his fellow black man on national TV with billions of witnesses
And you say i am stupid because i said Chris Rock was stupid.

So lemme guess...

Emmm, you are Chris Rock?

Or maybe his brother?

Or maybe his attorney??

So tell me; which are you exactly?
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by alphabbey1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Raph82:
Not all jokes go down well with people, we must know that. Jokes at times are like two-sided drum, while it's funny to some, it's embarrassing to some. But Will Smith is wrong to have attacked the comedian.

Whether the Joke comes good on you or bad, you have to know that Jokes have no limit.... Comedians live on preying on others... if you don't want to be made a joke topic, don't attend any fun center. Stay in your house.....

How many times have comedians insulted Buhari, how many times have Americans insulted Donald trump.... those were even direct insults.... someone is now making a joke about being bald, when there are millions of bald people in the world, you turn to Jetli on National TV.... Damm disgraceful this is coming from a black man......
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by alphabbey1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
And you say i am stupid because i said Chris Rock was stupid.

So lemme guess...

Emmm, you are Chris Rock?

Or maybe his brother?

Or maybe his attorney??

So tell me; which are you exactly?

You are in a Public forum saying stupid things....
I belive I have right to bring your attention to your stupidity........
If you don't want your comments to be accessed, stay off social media....
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

[s]You are in a Public forum saying stupid things....
I belive I have right to bring your attention to your stupidity........
If you don't want your comments to be accessed, stay off social media..[/s]..
Okay you just typed the best "wise words" you ever thought about, be proud of yourself.

Now run along Bingo.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Raph82(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
alphabbey1:

Whether the Joke comes good on you or bad, you have to know that Jokes have no limit.... Comedians live on preying on others... if you don't want to be made a joke topic, don't attend any fun center. Stay in your house.....

How many times have comedians insulted Buhari, how many times have Americans insulted Donald trump.... those were even direct insults.... someone is now making a joke about being bald, when there are millions of bald people in the world, you turn to Jetli on National TV.... Damm disgraceful this is coming from a black man......

The people you made reference to, can comedians say those things while they are seated in the event? If Buhari can withstand insults, he won't be making moves on regulating what people say on social media. A president can't be seated and a comedian will dare blow out jokes on his personality recklessly.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by blackboy2star(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
As a comedian, will I have to know your emotional state before I crack joke. Stay out of outings if you can't take it, simple as ABC

tesppidd:
A healthy President can take any joke...

But a sick President wounldnt find a joke about his health so funny..

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Oracleforce: 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
I just imagine make one singer or one film actor go.slap.Ali Baba or basket Mouth or AY or Akpororo or Kenny Black or all comedians no get that Chris Rock patience...quarrel go break out for that place...
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Raph82:
Not all jokes go down well with people, we must know that. Jokes at times are like two-sided drum, while it's funny to some, it's embarrassing to some. But Will Smith is wrong to have attacked the comedian.

That is why it is a joke. They are light hearted with no ill intentions.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
Raph82:
The people you made reference to, can comedians say those things while they are seated in the event? If Buhari can withstand insults, he won't be making moves on regulating what people say on social media. A president can't be seated and a comedian will dare blow out jokes on his personality recklessly.

I can not remember the comedian but Obasanjo was seated in an event as President when a comedian asked the crowd a question.

Do you know our President is an actor?
The crowd replied no.

The comedian continued, "you mean you have not watched our President in a movie before?"

The crowd insisted no.

The comedian followed it with a question, "Have you watched King Kong?"

The crowd erupted with laughter, including Obasanjo.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by thunderbabs: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
Dey go dey alright
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by 1Sharon(f): 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
naptu2:
Some people have also brought back this old clip of Will Smith on the Arsenio Hall Show in 1991.

Will and Arsenio were talking about people that have their own rules and Will suddenly pointed at the bass player in Arsenio's house band and said,

(The bass player was bald. The audience erupted in laughter). Will continued.

The, expecting that some people might not approve of what he said, he continued

His comments about the bass player's head begin at the 6:29 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrOKbtJiglI

Chai!! Researchers of the internet...na WA!
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by pacespot(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
It's the way these woke libtards interpret very clearly spoken words to mean the most bizzare things that makes me fear for the future.

Alopecia is simply baldness. Pep Guardiola, Zidane, Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Rooney etc are bald. Many girls that use hair extension lose their hair when they get rid of the extension. Boys that also carve their hair frequently suffer alopecia, especially, if genetics does not favour them. As long as I know Mrs Smith she's mostly had short hair and it appeared to be her fashion statement. Her daughter, Willow, has many short hair images saved in the public gallery too.

It was a clear GI Joe joke and the character is a powerful and charismatic female . It had nothing to do with a disease.

If you think that joke in any way mocks a health condition then comedy shows should be prohibited because it means when a comedian makes a joke about someone farting, every listener with gastrointestinal disorder should assault the comedian or every chubby girl with an eating disorder should assault a comedian who makes jokes about a glutton. Make a joke about a snoring husband and get slapped by men with sleeping disorder. My examples are even incomparable because alopecia isn't even a sickness.

The "health condition" claim shows that the world is becoming more stupid. Alopecia is not cancer. It doesn't reduce a person's quality of life in anyway. More like a fashion defect but the way they're all over it one would think it's like stage 4 renal failure.

The reason he reacted that way was most likely because his promiscuous wife thinks so highly of herself and believes she shouldn't be the subject of a joke. Medical condition talk no be am at all.
Trump has been repeatedly trolled as "Orange Man" by these same people. Let's find a name for a medical condition that makes people orange and throw everyone to prison for ableism.grin

You said it exactly the way it should have been said. I wonder how some people in the media are still finding a way to justify what Smith did. In this world today, you could get killed by a simp as a man and people will say he was only protecting his wife. The same Will laughed at the joke initially before his wife's facial reaction turned him around.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by pacespot(m): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
An insensitive joke by Chris Rock.

Will Smith was emotional, Chris Rock was stupiid.

Killing someone out of anger is also emotional, would you say murder is excusable by anger?

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by pacespot(m): 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
What do you mean childish?
He was not being childish, he was being emotional. Absolutely nothing childish about that!

Comedy should have a few ethics and rules. It's distasteful as well as disgusting to make jokes out of a medical condition.

How insensitive!

IMO this is a typical case where "two wrongs make a right"

Killing someone by anger is also emotional, you know? Anger is an emotion. So would you say that murder is excusable by anger? If I kill you now, would you say your family can forgive me because I was under the emotion of anger?

At least, a matured man should learn to control his emotion.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by TrumpDonald2: 6:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
In as much as he shouldn't have slapped him but I think these comedians should have a guideline for their jokes. You don't just joke about certain things.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Anwakangwizking(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Abasi to GOD Who made me i for slap you back and even give your wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beverly Osu Models In Bikini (Photos) / Lamboginny Raises Alarm Over Major Holes On The Eko Bridge In Lagos (photos) / Princess Onyejekwe Rocks Body Paint (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.