Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap (33482 Views)

Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit' / Chris Rock Unleashes On Will Smith And Wife Jada A Year After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by wonder233: 8:22am On Mar 29, 2022
Best comment! One day, woke folks will tell you it is a crime to breathe, that it offends their sensibilities
ETHICALLYrlght:
It's the way these woke libtards interpret very clearly spoken words to mean the most bizzare things that makes me fear for the future.

Alopecia is simply baldness. Pep Guardiola, Zidane, Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Rooney etc are bald. Many girls that use hair extension lose their hair when they get rid of the extension. Boys that also carve their hair frequently suffer alopecia, especially, if genetics does not favour them. As long as I know Mrs Smith she's mostly had short hair and it appeared to be her fashion statement. Her daughter, Willow, has many short hair images saved in the public gallery too.

It was a clear GI Joe joke and the character is a powerful and charismatic female . It had nothing to do with a disease.

If you think that joke in any way mocks a health condition then comedy shows should be prohibited because it means when a comedian makes a joke about someone farting, every listener with gastrointestinal disorder should assault the comedian or every chubby girl with an eating disorder should assault a comedian who makes jokes about a glutton. Make a joke about a snoring husband and get slapped by men with sleeping disorder. My examples are even incomparable because alopecia isn't even a sickness.

The "health condition" claim shows that the world is becoming more stupid. Alopecia is not cancer. It doesn't reduce a person's quality of life in anyway. More like a fashion defect but the way they're all over it one would think it's like stage 4 renal failure.

The reason he reacted that way was most likely because his promiscuous wife thinks so highly of herself and believes she shouldn't be the subject of a joke. Medical condition talk no be am at all.
Trump has been repeatedly trolled as "Orange Man" by these same people. Let's find a name for a medical condition that makes people orange and throw everyone to prison for ableism.grin

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 8:23am On Mar 29, 2022
Kajaard:

Why are you nairalanders too lazy to read and understand? Google is free. Whot nonsense medical condition are you talking about? She is just bald, nothing else.

Please google Alopecia. Nonsense.
So why is my comment paining you so much?

Are you Chris Rock or something?

Or does my comment in any way make you lose money or not get some asss from your girlfirend?

What sort of anger and sadness perpetually envelopes you fuckerss sef..
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by blaquebelle: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
It's the way these woke libtards interpret very clearly spoken words to mean the most bizzare things that makes me fear for the future.

Alopecia is simply baldness. Pep Guardiola, Zidane, Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson, Rooney etc are bald. Many girls that use hair extension lose their hair when they get rid of the extension. Boys that also carve their hair frequently suffer alopecia, especially, if genetics does not favour them. As long as I know Mrs Smith she's mostly had short hair and it appeared to be her fashion statement. Her daughter, Willow, has many short hair images saved in the public gallery too.

It was a clear GI Joe joke and the character is a powerful and charismatic female . It had nothing to do with a disease.

If you think that joke in any way mocks a health condition then comedy shows should be prohibited because it means when a comedian makes a joke about someone farting, every listener with gastrointestinal disorder should assault the comedian or every chubby girl with an eating disorder should assault a comedian who makes jokes about a glutton. Make a joke about a snoring husband and get slapped by men with sleeping disorder. My examples are even incomparable because alopecia isn't even a sickness.

The "health condition" claim shows that the world is becoming more stupid. Alopecia is not cancer. It doesn't reduce a person's quality of life in anyway. More like a fashion defect but the way they're all over it one would think it's like stage 4 renal failure.

The reason he reacted that way was most likely because his promiscuous wife thinks so highly of herself and believes she shouldn't be the subject of a joke. Medical condition talk no be am at all.
Trump has been repeatedly trolled as "Orange Man" by these same people. Let's find a name for a medical condition that makes people orange and throw everyone to prison for ableism.grin
You're sure this is not a medical condition?

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Kajaard: 8:27am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
So why is my comment paining you so much?

Are you Chris Rock or something?

Or does my comment in any way make you lose money or not get some asss from your girlfirend?

What sort of anger and sadness perpetually envelopes you fuckerss sef..

Learn to take corrections you bloody illiterate. Serious medical condition my ass.

4 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2022
Everybody hates chris grin even in adult age he still get beat up. Will smith d bully grin
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by pedrilo: 8:28am On Mar 29, 2022
do not joke with my pain.
i might just inflict same on you and watch the joke play out on u

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by ComeToJesus: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2022
You gave August your blessing to be with your wife.

You slapped Chris for joking about your wife.

What is the world turning to?

Plenty American males are something else when a woman is involved. How can a man sit and listen to some BS narrative from his wife regaling him on how he got "entangled" with her son's friend and the blaady fool was just lachrymal and somewhat lovesick..

The reverse is the case when the table turns. Women skin them alive, chase them out of their own houses, houses they built with their own money and even use the instruments of their feminism-inspired laws to limit the man's movements within specified radius around the man's house where the woman currently lords over.

The woman will just give the man five minutes to disappear into thin air if not she'll call the police.

Arrant nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Cantonese: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2022
1Sharon:

No he was absolutely childish. Children are People that cannot control their emotions and that's not what you'd expect In a grown man.

Serious medical condition? You do know alopecia can be self-influcted right?

When a black woman has alopecia, it's usually caused by tight extensions.

But Jada will have us believe alopecia just happened to her. To maintain her victimhood. Nonsense.

It depends on how you define children.

What you consider as nothing, possibly could be something very deep to the Europeans and Americans. You can purchase a bottle of coke with a dead cockroach inside and just throw it away. For the Europeans and Americans, that’s potentially millions in lawsuits.

Comedians sometimes take their jokes too far. There must be a line at some point, to the extent of their jokes. Will Smith said you could make him the butt of your jokes, but not his wife. Alopecia could cost them so much in insurance, but to us here it is nothing.

It was very irresponsible to make a joke if it. That’s potentially a law suit there too. Hopefully he learnt his lessons and next time he should know his limits.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 29, 2022
blaquebelle:

You're sure this is not a medical condition?

There's a medical name for every biological phenomenon. Dry skin is called "Xeroderma". Medical researchers will definitely write a lot about it.

For instance, dry skin can range from moderate to severe. A girl who has dry skin visits a cosmetic shop first.

Papa Ajasco is a classical Nigerian example of someone with Alopecia. Smith's wife's Alopecia is far moderate than Papa Ajasco's. Alopecia was the very essence of Ajasco's comedy franchise.

Forget terminologies, Jada's Alopecia is something you'd visit a barbershop or salon for. Not something worth anyone's health insurance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2022
Kajaard:

Learn to take corrections you bloody illiterate. Serious medical condition my ass.
grin

Calm down geeee

My comment did not cause your anger with life..
Take your frustrations to the right quarters, lol

You "correct" someone on a faceless forum, using the words like lazy and nonsense!

That's the sort of "education" you have

Fucccking meathead! grin

GTFOH!
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2022
Cantonese:

It depends on how you define children.

What you consider as nothing, possibly could be something very deep to the Europeans and Americans. You can purchase a bottle of coke with a dead cockroach inside and just throw it away. For the Europeans and Americans, that’s potentially millions in lawsuits.

Comedians sometimes take their jokes too far. There must be a line at some point, to the extent of their jokes. Will Smith said you could make him the butt of your jokes, but not his wife. Alopecia could cost them so much in insurance, but to us here it is nothing.

It was very irresponsible to make a joke if it. That’s potentially a law suit there too. Hopefully he learnt his lessons and next time he should know his limits.

It's called privileged communication. You can't sue a comedian or actor doing his job no matter how much your feelings are hurt.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by ThierryJay: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
What nonsense are you talking?

Did i have to watch to know that a sick joke was made about somebody else's serious health condiditon?

Abeg dont derail. My issue is not whether Will Smith laughed on not, am not arguing about that.

My issue is with any comedian making jokes about a health condiditon.

Ddippset, be calming down mate grin. I think you aren't getting the full picture yet.

First, this supposed health condition is the same thing that affected Papa Ajasco: Baldness. Dont let the big sounding word "Alopecia" deceive you. In fact, I have alopecia as well with my receding hairline and I've had friends joke about it on a number of occasions; Yet I didnt get up and slap them na.

Second, Chris didnt even know Jada was bald and was only comparing her current look to the G.I Jane hero character which isnt exactly an insult.

Third, Will Smith actually laughed heartily to Chris' joke initially and it wasnt sarcastic. Twas when he saw his wife's reaction that he decided to play defender of the universe (or spouse) and inflict the slap.

Now, even if Chris had actually insulted his wife maybe by saying something like, "see that hoe over there with a big bald head" the appropriate thing for Smith to do in public will be to tell him off sternly without physical engagement.

Will bungled it with his lack of emotional control and consistency.

5 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by openmine(m): 8:39am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobicove:
The guy just went and disgraced his entire generation in front of the whole world simply because he wanted to impress his randy wife undecided
cool cool
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:39am On Mar 29, 2022
Will Smith fvcked up no doubt about that, there are ways one can solve some things without resorting to violence, I'm glad he apologized, he should go and simp no more..

I'm even surprised he defended a woman that cheated on him with another man, nawa.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Ishilove: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2022
"Be careful. Be very careful. It is when you're at your highest point that the devil comes for you."

Words on marble from Denzel Washington.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 8:42am On Mar 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

Ddippset, be calming down mate grin. I think you aren't getting the full picture yet.

First, this supposed health condition is the same thing that affected Papa Ajasco: Baldness. Dont let the big sounding word "Alopecia" deceive you. In fact, I have alopecia as well with my receding hairline and I've had friends joke about it on a number of occasions; Yet I didnt get up and slap them na.

Second, Chris didnt even know Jada was bald and was only comparing her current look to othe G.I Jane hero character which isnt exactly an insult.

Third, Will Smith actually laughed heartily to Chris' joke initially and it wasnt sarcastic. Twas when he saw his wife's reaction that he decided to play defender of the universe (or spouse) and inflict the slap.

Will bungled it with his lack of emotional control and consistency.
grin

Yeah i stand corrected..

But my problem is with all these people making it seem like someone else's comment on a faceless forum is the cause of all their life's problems...

Having read some comments here, i have had a change of opinion.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by okrikaboi: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2022
Wetin sweet me pass na when other actors come go console Will simp after everything chai. Him heart skip when him laugh come see say Jada dey bone oboy him gats do something before she go live on TV talk say him be limp dick him gats prove himself. Him heart dey beat 6 times per second as him waka go stage him mind no dey there even Bianca would have done better chai very weak slap so him gats compliment am with say bros no mention my wife name again chai. I wonder if Joyner Lucas wan still be like will.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Kajaard: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
grin

Calm down geeee

My comment did not cause your anger with life..
Take your frustrations to the right quarters, lol

You "correct" someone on a faceless forum, using the words like lazy and nonsese!

That's the sort of "education" you have

Fucccking meathead! grin

GTFOH!

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 29, 2022
Bianca's slap is becoming international.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tarantino1: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2022
jjman2322:

Stop quoting it as a serious health condition you dum dum. It just baldness.. have you ever watched fresh prince of bel air?? Will smith makes fun of uncle Phil's baldness at least once an episode!

Baldness isnt a "SERIOUS HEALTH CONDITION". I know dozens of bald people in my life.. relax amigo

grin grin

At least once?

Will making fun of Uncle Phil's baldness was one of the key parts of the show. Then his size and then Carlton's height. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

Guy you just finished work with this piece.
God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by ThierryJay: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
grin

Yeah i stand corrected..

But my problem is with all these people making it seem like someone else's comment on a faceless forum is the cause of all their life's problems...

Having read some comments here, i have had a change of opinion.

No qualms Couz. Lots of people here dont know how to sensibly engage with opposing views.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
What do you mean childish?
He was not being childish, he was being emotional. Absolutely nothing childish about that!

Comedy should have a few ethics and rules. It's distasteful as well as disgusting to make jokes out of a medical condition.

How insensitive!

IMO this is a typical case where "two wrongs make a right"
Oga get out.
Which medical condition?
So baldness is now a medical condition abi? Abi na because dm call am alopecia?
A lot of people suffer baldness and it doesn't in any way reduce one's quality of life. So just shut the F up.
Alopecia is simply baldness, not cancer.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by africandollar: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:

God bless you jare. And if she didn't want anyone to make fun of her baldness then she should have kept shut about it and just wore a bloody wig instead! but ndi wokeness no dey let akata get sense again. angry

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Navalsadiq(m): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2022
Stupid man
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by GistFullGround: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2022

If a man makes a joke concerning the health condition of my wife, I believe it calls for a hot slap. I don't understand why everyone is acting like Will Smith should not defend his beloved!

There is no man in this world that can stand someone making fun of his wife in public...

Some people make like it, well I DON'T!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Ezemeiyogu(m): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobicove:
The guy just went and disgraced his entire generation in front of the whole world simply because he wanted to impress his wife undecided

... and still turned back to apologise. That Will guy needs some help. He's going through depression, chai!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Navalsadiq(m): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobicove:
The guy just went and disgraced his entire generation in front of the whole world simply because he wanted to impress his wife undecided
seriously
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Shebbs: 9:00am On Mar 29, 2022
What An Embarrassment! This Is Unacceptable. Will Smith Just Lost A Fan And If He Doesn't Get Punished For This I Would Take It That The Oscars And The Academy Lacks Morals And Disciplinary Standards To Even Stand As An Academy.
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by tesppidd: 9:06am On Mar 29, 2022
Kellzzyy:

Oga get out.
Which medical condition?
So baldness is now a medical condition abi? Abi na because dm call am alopecia?
A lot of people suffer baldness and it doesn't in any way reduce one's quality of life. So just shut the F up.
Alopecia is simply baldness, not cancer.
ThierryJay:

No qualms Couz. Lots of people here dont know how to sensibly engage with opposing views.
grin

Lol Thierryjay see one!

Just attacking me for my view.

I don't know whether he's the Chris Rock that got slapped..

Or perhaps he's one of the organizers of the Oscars.

grin
Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by BanevsJoker(m): 9:06am On Mar 29, 2022
tesppidd:
What nonsense are you talking?

Did i have to watch to know that a sick joke was made about somebody else's serious health condiditon?

Abeg dont derail. My issue is not whether Will Smith laughed on not, am not arguing about that.

My issue is with any comedian making jokes about a health condiditon.
The joke was about a haircut, not a health condition. Demi Moore played a military officer with that haircut in the movie G.I. Jane. Only those excusing physical assault are bringing up a health condition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap by Bahamas95(m): 9:06am On Mar 29, 2022
It's good Smith apologized but that doesn't mean Chris did the right thing....... Comedians should mind what they say. You fit yab this same Chris tomorrow and he go do worse than Smith.

Gordons and Helen Paul comes to mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ronke Odusanya Shares Christmas Photos With Daughter / Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" / Chinwendu Unachukwu: Davido Gifts A Fan N1 Million In AZA Contest (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.