Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US (33850 Views)

See the $1.5 Billion Lagos Deep Sea Port (Video) / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line / Lagos Will Be WORLD'S BIGGEST CITY By 2090s With 88 Million People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 01, 2022
litaninja:
lmao. You're still speaking english incredibly brilliant sir. However, per your productivity, you'll still go there to pay fees.

Why do you Nigerians always assume. Everyone is like you?

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Henrygetpaid: 5:49am On Apr 01, 2022
Why are we always celebrating largest with nothing to offer...
Mumu giant of Africa..
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 6:02am On Apr 01, 2022
Henrygetpaid:
Why are we always celebrating largest with nothing to offer...
Mumu giant of Africa..

N223 Billion investment and good quality jobs for Nigerians is nothing to offer?

Upside mentality people like you wail about unemployment, but when you see money, jobs and employment, it's still nothing good and meaningless.

Sadism and poor man's mentality is bad and detrimental, you can not grow or progress with that kind of mentality..

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by coolvitus(m): 6:23am On Apr 01, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
We also have to thank ibos for underdeveloping their region at the expense of others. Also to thank them for being the poorest in Southern Nigeria. Special thanks to ibos being officially a 3rd class in their own country.

What a wonderful tribe!
Thanks to them ooo foolish people

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by coolvitus(m): 6:25am On Apr 01, 2022
Rolexjerry:

Guy. The Southeast are the most ingenious tribe in Nigeria. Unlike the SW, they don't depend on the government to get things done in their region.
They are so intelligent. I did my youth service in Enugu and I was amazed by the level of intelligence displayed by those kids, no wonder the list of best scoring students in JAMB is usually dominated by Igbos.
Without the Igbos, Lagos would be nothing and without Lagos, Ogun State would be nothing. So you see? Ogun states ' impressive IGR is still somehow linked to the Igbos.
In fact, any SW state not directly bordered to Lagos is very poor. I once traveled to Osun and Ekiti for a project and I almost cried at the level of poverty seen in those places, no Igbo state is in that condition. I saw for myself why Ekiti is dubbed 'Nigeria's poorest state'.
Meanwhile Imo state in terms of GDP per capita will give any SW state a run for their money bar Lagos.
So next time you want to talk down on the South East, have a rethink. You are what you are today because of them.
Disclaimer: I'M NOT FROM THE SOUTHEAST.
You are proud of their stupidity abi weldon ooo

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by coolvitus(m): 6:28am On Apr 01, 2022
brightalo1010:
poor man always can't think beyond Garri. If the project is done in Ghana or any other neighboring country you'll be all over the place shouting Nigeria has gone.

Do you know how many Nigerians that'll benefit in such mega project,? Some will buy houses, cars, land, set up businesses e.t.c those people are thinking above garri. Learn how to appreciate such huge projects
Country WA no get light they build industry?
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 01, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Use your brain for once first where your cousin is. This is the link of a thread you wanted to rape your direct cousin https://www.nairaland.com/7046673/pls-kissed-cousin
And I hope you have accomplished it now.

is that all you've got to say...the fact still remains you are a severe nuisance!! Now I know you can't shame the shameless

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 6:42am On Apr 01, 2022
Another one....

Hatred, bitterness and bad bele can not stop our progress ..

God bless Nigeria.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 01, 2022
Dapinski:

What's all this rubbish you wrote? Simple point is that Tinubu delivered one of the most iconic and most sought after address in the world. A laudable achievement in it's own right.

The USA bought into the project in a big way with their planned consulate at Eko Atlantic to be their biggest in the world.

Only Igbos are hating on that development and a hypocrite like you has nothing to say to that.

You only respond to Yorubas telling off your kinsmen for their despicable ways they shameless show here 24/7 without restraint or reservation. You're all jokers. All of you.

Your epistle still shows how dull and dense you are. Eko Atlantic is the only spacious area where US can build something to match the increase in the volume of applications they handle. Eko Atlantic is a private real estate initiative not due to the genius of Tinubu we know that it was bought and constructed by Chagoury construction. No igbo man is attacking but in the usual manipulative passive aggressive behaviour you resort to attacking igbos making jeers at them when they react tou accuse them of hate.
When igbos were applauding the Anambra airport envious guys like you started calling it a warehouse forgetting that the size of land there creates room for expansion just like other airports in the world how they started.
You and your fellow despicable Yorubas on this forum are the ones inciting igbo insults by jeering and mocking them thereby making them react. but let me tell you something you don't know. we attended a seminar some weeks organized by the same US on the future of tech and guess what they said that in the next few years investments will leave Lagos for states that get infrastructure right. Akwa Ibom is getting it right, Anambra is getting it right gradually and with Soludo they are right on track. i would remind you of this your statement when Soludo commissions a new project and you make a jeering remark against it.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Golan007: 6:49am On Apr 01, 2022
aariwa:
Not true .Their funding doesn’t come from US government but from visa applications from Nigerians like you.Imagine more than $500m for single building raised without sweat you can imagine what other corporations and foreign businesses make daily in millions of dollars from Nigeria

Rubbish.

If 1 million Nigerians apply for some type of visa in a year, and each is charged $100, that amounts to 100 million dollars.
That means it'll take almost 6 years to finance such a project.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by redcliff: 6:49am On Apr 01, 2022
plaindealer:

So, in your warped tribal and bigoted mind, America considered tribe and religion when they decided to invested N223 Billion to build their largest consulate in the world?

I bet if it was in your poor, backward, violent, hostile and intolerant village, it won't be about tribe or religion.

It's even sad that at your old, you ignorantly in one breath opined that development in Nigeria is irrelevant because Nigeria is not developed.

The question now is how do you develop without investments and world class development?

Do you not see how ignorant and contradictory you hateful and bitter Igbos sounds.

Make you dey read to understand, e go help you to stop to dey fail exam...
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by redcliff: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're so ignorant. What's your 100usd visa fee, compared to what America gives our useless government annually in grants alone, running into millions of dollars? How many people have applied for visa between 2020 when covid-19 erupted and now? Even me, I no see appointment date just to renew my visa since last year. The embassy is always dry. Always think before you pass any comment next time because not everybody reasons like you.

Go and check the figures and get back to me.. just so you know, more than 100k people apply for visa to the US in Nigeria every year. Now do the maths
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by supereagle(m): 7:16am On Apr 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

God used Lord Lugard to Carry out his divine Plan
I am laughing in Swahili. The will of man not the will of God. If God scattered and divided the nation Israel He established by His hands and will, expect Nigeria established by the will of man to go the same if the continue doing injustice and wrong doings.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nyanmiridunce: 7:18am On Apr 01, 2022
caracas:

Lol
Have you forgotten obi cubana is an Igbo man
Obi alone will buy your five pooorverty ravaged Afonja states ….
Make i no mention E money n Nnewi billionaires….
All over nija igbos are well renowned for their stupendous wealth.
As for Lagos…..well That one na no man’s land ….
The late bolu Akin olugbade of blessed memory, even at his death, cubana can't lace his shoes. Segun okeowo won't only buy your tiny region up but feed y'all for years.

Yorubas don't do showoff cos we've got nobody to impress. We're the standard to which ibos look up to. Real wealth don't do Instagram showoff.

Renowned wealth? Who rated you? Any official paper to back your useless lies? Guy una no get shingbain for naija, na 'see me' you dey do and nobody got time to impress with anything.

That Lagos is no man's land is stale cos when the time come, y'all won't wait to take a single pin before you pick race. Lagos na no man's land yet you and your entire ibos in Lagos dey pay taxes to Tinubu's. Where's your sense? As far as we're concerned, tinubu is your landlord. And yes, console yourself with that no man's land rubbish for the time being.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by gotousa2013: 7:22am On Apr 01, 2022
See how our commonwealth is been used.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Obamaofusa: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2022
caracas:

Same Ibadan that is the dirtiest city in Africa
Afonja can lie oooo
Onitsha is the dirtiest city in the world....UNO.
Gbam!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2022
obynzo:

Your epistle still shows how dull and dense you are. Eko Atlantic is the only spacious area where US can build something to match the increase in the volume of applications they handle. Eko Atlantic is a private real estate initiative not due to the genius of Tinubu we know that it was bought and constructed by Chagoury construction. No igbo man is attacking but in the usual manipulative passive aggressive behaviour you resort to attacking igbos making jeers at them when they react tou accuse them of hate.
When igbos were applauding the Anambra airport envious guys like you started calling it a warehouse forgetting that the size of land there creates room for expansion just like other airports in the world how they started.
You and your fellow despicable Yorubas on this forum are the ones inciting igbo insults by jeering and mocking them thereby making them react. but let me tell you something you don't know. we attended a seminar some weeks organized by the same US on the future of tech and guess what they said that in the next few years investments will leave Lagos for states that get infrastructure right. Akwa Ibom is getting it right, Anambra is getting it right gradually and with Soludo they are right on track. i would remind you of this your statement when Soludo commissions a new project and you make a jeering remark against it.

No point responding to a dullard liar and ethnocentric desperado incapable, at the very least, of giving credit where due. Don't quote me again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tollyboy5(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2022
christistruth01:

To be honest with you the Future is Nigerian

It is those that refuse to submit to God's Plan for Nigeria that he will throw away

Even Oduduwa saw God's Plan for Nigeria 1000 years ago and fully embraced it
Be deceiving yourself . God has nothing to do with Nigeria joker.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by compton11(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2022
jerseyboy:
FUTURE US EMBASSY TO YORUBA NATION
US embassy would be in ibadan not Lagos cos ibadan would be capital
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tonyashburton: 9:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Biggest consulate not biggest embassy.A consulate is a like a branch office of a country's embassy that is not in the capital city.
Badonasty:
Lol…whining….e no fit big reach that one for Iraq

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by BigBashiru: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Dapinski:

Guy, when you begin to see a conspiratorial angle to everything, it is time to check yourself.

The USA likely just saw Eko Atlantic as a nutural 'beauty spot' worth being the location of their biggest and most iconic consulate in the world.

You somehow turned something that simple into insults against "mumu people" who "dont value yourselves and your continent".

I wonder who is the mumu here.

It's not a conspiratorial theory it's a fact.

This building is a competition for influence in africa. China, USA, France turkey etc are all fighting for influence on the continent....China built AU head quarters in Addis for free....France I'd fighting for influence in mali. Both USA and France and allied bombed lybia to keep their influence. USA is bombing Somalia as we speak...m it'd not conspiracy I study politics.

1. USA is an extension of Britain because they colonized. There are 6 states in England called New England States.

2. Even Trump called Africa shithole. The average American disregards africa. Nigeria and many African countries are often called third world so what is the embassy doing there??

3. A consulate shoulr just be a consulate and shouldn't warrant this kind of investment...

4. USA is currently bombing Somalia and had bombed lybia in 2011 and predicted Nigeria will break up a couple of yrs ago.... so why are they building this edifice.

5. Usa is controlled by Britain. In fact, Americans are British and western European.

These aren't conspiracy theories these are facts....
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Aliou007(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2022
Well thank God you said “Visa applications “...Visa applications that we weren’t forced to do. And even if it’s the money raised from Visa applications, it’s still their money
aariwa:
Not true .Their funding doesn’t come from US government but from visa applications from Nigerians like you.Imagine more than $500m for single building raised without sweat you can imagine what other corporations and foreign businesses make daily in millions of dollars from Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
Dapinski:

No point responding to a dullard liar and ethnocentric desperado incapable, at the very least, of giving credit where due. Don't quote me again.

Dude i know Tinubu's media has seem how slim his popularity is via analytics that is why your job is so hard. Any way good luck to you, but keep one thing in mind this is not 2015 people are wiser now and the end Sars violence shows how much Tinubu is hated amongst the Yorubas secretly.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Rodeoz(m): 10:56am On Apr 01, 2022
Does this make any sense to you?

Ask yourself.

MadamVanessa:

shocked

All thanks to Igbos.

They work so hard to develop Lagos in all ramifications. But not for the igbos Lagos would've amount to nothing.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by kmaster007: 11:03am On Apr 01, 2022
God bless jagaban.
God bless Tinubu
God bless Asiwaju lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by fregeneh(m): 11:06am On Apr 01, 2022
Latakia:
The one in Iraq is an embassy while the one in Eko Atlantic is a consulate. Know the difference between an embassy and a consulate.

What is the difference please.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
OYIBO NO LIKE TO DEVELOP AFRICA. MONEY YOU SHOULD PUT TO EMPOWER MILLIONS OF JOBLESS YOUTHS ROAMING STREETS OF OSHODI,APAPA,EJIGBO,MAKOKO,ETC.COMMITING CRIMES AND NUISANCE TO LAGOS. YOU PPL DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.DEMOCRACY IS A HUGE FRAUD IN AFRICA.RULERS GET THEIR TO BECOME GREEDY EMPERORS,THEY DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS ON STREETS AND SLUMS. I WISH NAIJA HAD A PEOPLE DRIVEN MILITARY GOVT THAT RESPECT LAW AND ORDER. angry
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by BigBashiru: 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Latakia:
The one in Iraq is an embassy while the one in Eko Atlantic is a consulate. Know the difference between an embassy and a consulate.

By and large most countries house both functions in the same building....
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by itaewon: 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
caracas:

Lol
Have you forgotten obi cubana is an Igbo man
Obi alone will buy your five pooorverty ravaged Afonja states ….
Make i no mention E money n Nnewi billionaires….
All over nija igbos are well renowned for their stupendous wealth.
As for Lagos…..well That one na no man’s land ….
lol your drug lord obi cubana will clean shoe for sijumoto and as for emoney will be Davido body.

talk less of oba otudeko will buy all poverty stricken alaigbo and turn it to poultry.

not to mention omoluabi real billionaire in dollars that no ibo dead or alive will be in their level.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by litaninja(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
Now's who's making assumptions? Whom or what do you assume I am?

Dapinski:

Why do you Nigerians always assume. Everyone is like you?
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Latakia(f): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
BigBashiru:

By and large most countries house both functions in the same building....
U are right but the USA consulate in Lagos will be the biggest consulate in the world according to the United States diplomat. U and I can't know better than the United States diplomat that made that statement.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Latakia(f): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
fregeneh:

What is the difference please.
Consulate is where they issue Visa, the head of a consulate office is called consul. The consul work is also to protect the interest of their citizens in a foreign country where they reside. They also carry out commercial activities between their country and the host country. There are some embassies that have their consulate office within the embassy. An embassy is a building where the Ambassador or Charge D'affaire of a foreign country operate from. Ambassador doesn't issue Visa. U can do more research on your own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Akure, Ondo State / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks / President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.