Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US (33826 Views)

See the $1.5 Billion Lagos Deep Sea Port (Video) / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line / Lagos Will Be WORLD'S BIGGEST CITY By 2090s With 88 Million People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by charli5(m): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Rolexjerry:

Guy. The Southeast are the most ingenious tribe in Nigeria. Unlike the SW, they don't depend on the government to get things done in their region.
They are so intelligent. I did my youth service in Enugu and I was amazed by the level of intelligence displayed by those kids, no wonder the list of best scoring students in JAMB is usually dominated by Igbos.
Without the Igbos, Lagos would be nothing and without Lagos, Ogun State would be nothing. So you see? Ogun states ' impressive IGR is still
somehow linked to the Igbos.
In fact, any SW state not directly bordered to Lagos is very poor. I once traveled to Osun and Ekiti for a project and I almost cried at the level of poverty seen in those places, no Igbo state is in that condition. I saw for myself why Ekiti is dubbed 'Nigeria's poorest state'.
Meanwhile Imo state in terms of GDP per capita will give any SW state a run for their money bar Lagos.
So next time you want to talk down on the South East, have a rethink. You are what you are today because of them.
Disclaimer: I'M NOT FROM THE SOUTHEAST.

No south east state has IGR than Ondo and Oyo state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Perfectbeing(m): 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
As Nigerians are busy writing off their country, the US and foreign internationals are busy investing millions of dollars in the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by rowrowland: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Good.
But hope it would not increase the gridlock of Lagos State? Because, over population dey worry Lagos gan.... undecided
hahaha , can't you see the headlines: USA wan depopulate Lagos.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by sonofelizabeth(m): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

It's a pity. There's no way that your face can be scratch like this and there's any iota sense left in you.

I'm gon send you 1 PM everyday until you reply cry. You have succeeded in SIMPlifying me cry cry
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kwestionair:

The answer lies in my last response. Kindly read it again but towards the end please read that slowly and then you will understand why Nigeria will continue to be a failure because it was built on the foundation of lies, suppression and innocent blood.
God bless you my brother
bless you too my man

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Stanleyq: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
God bless Lagos
God bless Yorubaland
God bless Nigeria

Others should pray their own prayers
u have already prayed 4 others as u said bless 9ja
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by adonaimart(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigerians, foreigners still believe in us.

Let's put our acts together oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Amalekki: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Rolexjerry:

Guy. The Southeast are the most ingenious tribe in Nigeria. Unlike the SW, they don't depend on the government to get things done in their region.
They are so intelligent. I did my youth service in Enugu and I was amazed by the level of intelligence displayed by those kids, no wonder the list of best scoring students in JAMB is usually dominated by Igbos.
Without the Igbos, Lagos would be nothing and without Lagos, Ogun State would be nothing. So you see? Ogun states ' impressive IGR is still somehow linked to the Igbos.
In fact, any SW state not directly bordered to Lagos is very poor. I once traveled to Osun and Ekiti for a project and I almost cried at the level of poverty seen in those places, no Igbo state is in that condition. I saw for myself why Ekiti is dubbed 'Nigeria's poorest state'.
Meanwhile Imo state in terms of GDP per capita will give any SW state a run for their money bar Lagos.
So next time you want to talk down on the South East, have a rethink. You are what you are today because of them.
Disclaimer: I'M NOT FROM THE SOUTHEAST.
Chinedu is not lying guys, I know him very well he is not from the South East.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Panda7(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
which pill is Lagos swallowing now?? is it the red or blue or the both of them

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by MetaPhysical: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
wwwihy:
The United States Government has said its new $537million (approx N223,257,750,000) in Lagos will be its largest consulate in the world when completed in 2027.

Ambassador Mary Leonard and Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu stated this at the Eko Atlantic City in Lagos during the ongoing groundbreaking ceremony for the consulate.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-n223b-lagos-consulate-will-be-worlds-largest-us/

grin
Of course it will be largest. We are the largest subscribers in the world.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Babaken(m): 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Of what economic benefits to Nigeria and her citizens
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Excuzeme: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
wwwihy:
The United States Government has said its new $537million (approx N223,257,750,000) in Lagos will be its largest consulate in the world when completed in 2027.

Ambassador Mary Leonard and Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu stated this at the Eko Atlantic City in Lagos during the ongoing groundbreaking ceremony for the consulate.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-n223b-lagos-consulate-will-be-worlds-largest-us/

What no one has ASKED or WONDERED about are:
What is going on in the American mind that makes it decide that that it wants to build the largest Consulate/Embassy it the world in LAGOS?
Not is any E.U country, not in a NATO Country, not in the country of one of its "Allies" or "Partners" .... but in Nigeria/Lagos! WHY?

America is not Father-Christmas and is not Stupid, we all know that.
So, if it has decided that it wants to build its largest EMBASSY in Nigeria (Lagos), we should look beyond the surface.

What is in it, for America?

Is it just the number of Visa Applicants from Nigeria (which is very, very significant and they make a lot of money from "Refusals" too) or there is more to it?
Well, Visa issuance is NOT the only function of an Embassy.

There are "Education and Cultural" functions (like promoting American culture or trying to change the culture of the host country (LGBT, Family Culture, etc), Student Exchange program, Sponsorship, etc They can even recruit your citizens, during (Academic.Cultural) Sponsorships, as "Spy Agents" for their own country.

There are "Promotion of Democracy" functions! We all know what that means, by sponsoring some host country's Opposition Groups, NGOs, etc. Libya and Syria are two good examples where America 'promoted" Democracy. Ukraine is an on-going example, vis-a-vis the 2014 Maidan Revolution (Violent Coup that removed the Democratically elected President of Ukraine at that time)

There are Defense Function[/b]s - This is why an Embassy usually have "Defense Attaches" in the host country! They ocordinate with the American Govt on matters of :"Defense/Offense" of their host country. America expelled over 30 Russian Diplomats from the Russian Embassy in Washington, recent;y.
They were accused of "Espionage" and other activities unbecoming of their status! But Russia also expelled Diplomatsfrom other countries too.
In other words, some of these Diplomats that work in a foreign Embassy, also do some "funny, funny stuffs" that is to the detriment of their host country.

[b]Trade Functions
- The embassy of a foreign country also helps its companies to "settle down" in a foreign country, providing assistance to it, in form of key business information, competitive advantage, etc/ IT also coordinates "Sanctions" against its host country, when issued by its Parent country. Sometimes, they are the "spies" for their own country.

There are so many other functions, that the Embassy stands for but the SIZE of the Embassy, is a reflection of how important, these functions are to the foreign country, withintheir host country.

So, since America has decided that Nigeria would have its biggest "Consulate" or Embassy (we call it "Consulate" simply because they already have an Embassy in the federal Capital, Abuja and they cant have two Embassies, in one Country. But in terms of function, l would bet that the Lagos Consulate is more important to America, than the American "Embassy", Abuja) ............ built in Lagos, Nigeria, we need to ASK AMERICA, which function)s) it has in mind, including those mentioned above, ,,,,

THAT INFORMED SUCH DECISION.

While we are jubilating, let us remember that "there is No free Lunch anywhere", not even in Freetown!

Anyway, what do l know sef, let me join in the celebration. grin grin
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by lekanation(m): 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

All thanks to Igbos.

They work so hard to develop Lagos in all ramifications. But not for the igbos Lagos would've amount to nothing.
A very senseless comment.. Ndi developer way leave their potopoto land to develop yoruba land..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Benrosaria(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Consulate or us army base camp Lololol. 223 billion naira project to be completed in 5 years.. oh boiii that’s a miracle lololol
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Latakia(f): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Badonasty:
Lol…whining….e no fit big reach that one for Iraq
The one in Iraq is an embassy while the one in Eko Atlantic is a consulate. Know the difference between an embassy and a consulate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by 1860sixt: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Is your money? You better be hungry.
[/s]
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by 1860sixt: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
I'm wondering if Mary Leonard is single because there is no ring her hand.
[/s]
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by 1860sixt: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
Nice one USA. Your head dey there.
[/s]
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Eriokanmi: 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
redcliff:

stupid talk, your visa application fee is at work.
You're so ignorant. What's your 100usd visa fee, compared to what America gives our useless government annually in grants alone, running into millions of dollars? How many people have applied for visa between 2020 when covid-19 erupted and now? Even me, I no see appointment date just to renew my visa since last year. The embassy is always dry. Always think before you pass any comment next time because not everybody reasons like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Transcriber: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

Maybe because Lagos has more people and has more applications.

It has little to do with egbe-omo-oduduwa kind of reasoning.
it's because it has Eko atlantic. Simple. There's a reason Lagos has more wealth. Well I don't suppose an eboe ipob rat will reason with common sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Transcriber: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Astoria:
...glad you asked your baba to shut up. Go back up...I modified.
shut up.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Raze001: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
A U.S Espionage Base is about to be sited in Nigeria obviously.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Transcriber: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
sonofelizabeth:

I'm gon send you 1 PM everyday until you reply cry. You have succeeded in SIMPlifying me cry cry
lol. Sometimes you need to look at the brain of a woman. That one's own is empty.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Transcriber: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amalekki:

he's from the "south yeast" cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by GardenOfGod(m): 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
grin grin
kb83:
How does it change price of Garri in the abeg.
All you think about is food, food, food... Are you a glutton? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Rolexjerry(m): 10:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amalekki:

Sorry. I'm from the South South. Check my previous posts.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by CSTRR: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
Transcriber:
it's because it has Eko atlantic. Simple. There's a reason Lagos has more wealth. Well I don't suppose an eboe ipob rat will reason with common sense
So everybody that reasons contrary to your bigited opinion is an Igbo?

You are indeed a simpleton.

So Lagos is rich because of what?
Is it from Egbe-omo-oduduwa donations or from taxes gotten from private and public working class,most of whom are not even Yoruba in the first place.

Or you think most of the tax payers in Lagos are Yoruba? cheesy

Also, you said the US is building another edifice because they just want a space in Eko Atlantic? grin

Lol. Have you been to Dubai?

You are incredibly simple.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Akharmony: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Our Visa service fee money
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Transcriber: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

So everybody that reasons contrary to your bigited opinion is an Igbo?

You are indeed a simpleton.

So Lagos is rich because of what?
Is it from Egbe-omo-oduduwa donations or from taxes gotten from private and public working class,most of whom are not even Yoruba in the first place.

Or you think most of the tax payers in Lagos are Yoruba? cheesy

Also, you said the US is building another edifice because they just want a space in Eko Atlantic? grin

Lol. Have you been to Dubai?

You are incredibly simple.
you are really dumber than I thought. I won't argue with a deranged ipob rat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Czario: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
Badonasty:
Lol…whining….e no fit big reach that one for Iraq

Exactly....I feel there's more to this embassy than the ordinary Nigerian would like to know..
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Omini247: 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Eko ko ni baje
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Czario: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
tsdarkside:

exactly now when they have conflicts all over the world....??

you nigerians should be careful....read your bible and koran....

It's another operational CIA spy base...from which war against iswap will be monitored and the neo colonial take over of Nigeria effected...Eko Atlantic will become A green zone just like the one in Iraq...the rest of Lagos might be turned to dust... BAT is CIA point man in Nigeria .... I think I watch too much CNN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Akure, Ondo State / How Buhari Will Assign Ministerial Portfolios / Nigeria Now Ranks Fourth In The World Bank’s Top 10 Debtors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.