Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor (24259 Views)

Governor Dave Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senate Seat / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State / "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by NwaNimo1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
Appeal court governor....

[img]https:///media/3-30-2022/-z2-h2.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by guychidile: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Remember there is still supreme court to go .
Don't go ga ga..

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by GloriousGbola: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Very bad precedent
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by ZUBY77(m): 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's Nigeria for you.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by kahal29: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
The Appellate Court in an unanimous judgement delivered by a three-man Panel (Justices A O Belgore, J O K Oyewole and Sybil Nwaka-Gbagi), held that, the defection of a political office holder may appear immoral, but it was not the duty of the Court to embark on investigation or probe into the provisions of the laws, warning that judicial activism must not be turned into judicial rascality.

The Appellate Court further held that there is no provision in sections 180, 188 or 189 of the 1999 constitution as amended, that empowers the Court to remove either a seating governor or the deputy.

According to the learned Justices, defection of an office holder is not novel to Nigeria’s judicial jurisprudence

Umahi vs Ogboji, 2022

PDP's case is next....

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by kahal29: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
fergie001:

You are not getting the point.

They are two different cases:

PDP v Umahi, Igwe, APC & INEC (Federal High Court, Abuja)
Sonny Ogbuoji & Ogodo v Umahi, Igwe (Ebonyi High Court)

The second one is what the judge is ruling on. Sonny Ogbuoji was the 2019 APC Guber candidate, Ogodo was his Deputy. If you look carefully, neither the PDP nor INEC was in their suit.

Even if they are given judgement, INEC won't act because they aren't parties to the suit.

The first one is still before the Appeal Court in Abuja.

I still believe that of Abuja will still keep him. It's straightforward.

The Appellate Court in an unanimous judgement delivered by a three-man Panel (Justices A O Belgore, J O K Oyewole and Sybil Nwaka-Gbagi), held that, the defection of a political office holder may appear immoral, but it was not the duty of the Court to embark on investigation or probe into the provisions of the laws, warning that judicial activism must not be turned into judicial rascality.

The Appellate Court further held that there is no provision in sections 180, 188 or 189 of the 1999 constitution as amended, that empowers the Court to remove either a seating governor or the deputy.

According to the learned Justices, defection of an office holder is not novel to Nigeria’s judicial jurisprudence

Umahi vs Ogboji, 2022

PDP's case is next....
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Emmastan291: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Appeal Court Governor
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Forumobserver12(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
What kind of poor reporting is this? This case is clearly different from the one instituted by the PDP, why the sensationalism?
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
dedonfranco:
Ebonyi State should transfer their Governor to My State (Abia)

Appeal Court should sack Okezie Ikpeazu for being a Useless Governor
Na trouble you dey find!
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Igbofam: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-umahi-wins-as-appeal-court-dismisses-case-to-remain-governor/

PDP....failure cheesy

PDP ntoor

All these PDP politicians with zero acumen think they can circumvent the law grin

PDP Fanboys on NL how market?
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Kundagarten: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
The suit was filed by Senator Soni Ogbuoji and his Deputy, Justin Mbam, candidates of the APC in the 2019 Guber Elections.

Why was the case filed by APC?
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Aboguede(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bikokwanu

Help an go an tell sokoto salaman that I saw his moon travelling to mas this early morning and that means no rawamadam this time oooh grin
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by slowice(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
No be Nigeria again?
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by dododawa1: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Umahi ran to TINUBU and TINUBU saved him.
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by kahal29: 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Forumobserver12:
What kind of poor reporting is this? This case is clearly different from the one instituted by the PDP, why the sensationalism?

This is because the PDP's case will go the same way.....

See reason below

Umahi vs Ogboji, 2022

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Skillsnigeria: 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Angelfrost(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Congrats to him... I expected nothing less!
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by SunMusk(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Y all this noise self. This is not the first politician to cross carpet. Y should he loss his sit. During pdp time people cross carpet

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Pickup365: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Angelfrost(m): 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Comrade, Stop dat!!!! grin
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Olamila: 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2022
This case is different
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by muykem: 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
The case will go to supreme Court and this is my advice to the Governor. He should vehemently reject Mary Odili from being part of the panel. Those that we advice and accept our advice came to thank us and those who ingnor it are somewhere regretting.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by 77up(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Shatap. Umahi is a goner
I'm surprised some of you wailers actually believe that Umahi will go just like that grin

You people can believe anything sa grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
This black market judgement cannot stand the scrutiny of supreme court
Wike is the expert in "Black market judgements".
This man will finish is remaining time in office. Wike and his cronies in the Judiciary are just wasting their time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Almaigaa: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
This black market judgement cannot stand the scrutiny of supreme court

Painment.
grin grin

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Obainomilano: 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
Sometimes I begin to wonder do people hate umahi for his incompetence or for his apc membership no doubt the party has been a national disaster but if the said umahi has developed ebonyi like I hear he has done then he should be left alone to complete his tenure ..p.d.p is simply another name for the devil we already know poliethiefcians...#orator#

1 Like

Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Abumd: 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
It well
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Ebubu: 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
NwaNimo1:

don’t start
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Ebubu: 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Obainomilano:
Sometimes I begin to wonder do people hate umahi for his incompetence or for his apc membership no doubt the party has been a national disaster but if the said umahi has developed ebonyi like I hear he has done then he should be left alone to complete his tenure ..p.d.p is simply another name for the devil we already know poliethiefcians...#orator#
I dey tell u my brother
Re: Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor by Ebubu: 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
muykem:
The case will go to supreme Court and this is my advice to the Governor. He should vehemently reject Mary Odili from being part of the panel. Those that we advice and accept our advice came to thank us and those who ingnor it are somewhere regretting.
Odili is a PDP membership card carrier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun: Gbenga Daniel Asks Abiodun To Stop His Monthly Pension, Allowances / #PMBDontbeSilentWork Now Trending On Twitter / Willie Obiano Inspects The "DMGS Roundabout" Project In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.