Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks (18399 Views)

Council Boss Orders Demolition Of Shrine In Akwa Ibom For Aiding Crime -PHOTOS / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Walkee: 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
See stupidity! You wan contact Google to pulled down an app that they verified and it got a good stars in their platform. Why not go to California their office is there. Useless mpama! Keep disgracing the Zoo and zombies and those prostitutes debtors.
how is that stupidity? FG can decide which app is allowed in Nigeria. FG can even ban Google. You have zero idea how powerful federal government is.

5 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by kingyakos: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
You got 40k loan and was charged 15k interest per month. is that not 30k interest charged in a month? which is above 50% interest charge in a month. Loan apps are criminals with their exorbitant charges.

Well.... I've never collected their loan though they keep sending me messages to apply for loan and I don't know how they got my number
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by silibaba: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
lordchiz:
Useless people with backwards mind!
U sure say I no go collect this loan sef as my national cake?

Don't dull grin

3 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by DaveHarry(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
jerseyboy:
ILLITERATE GOVERNMENT
END NIGERIA NOW
Do it yourself
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
how is that stupidity? FG can decide which app is allowed in Nigeria. FG can even ban Google. You have zero idea how powerful federal government is.
They can't ban Google, they can try it with twitter and facebook but not Google.. Thanks.. Back to the loan app; let them tell Google what went wrong with those apps as it was never a fraudulent app in playstore unless they will buy people that will help them to flag it up.

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by TheOgaBoss: 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
guy are u serious? Google is not answerable to any country? Where did u get that from?

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by TheOgaBoss: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
SIRTee15:
Nigerian govt wants to swallow wetin big pass them them. U think una be Russia.
Google is the heartbeat of American economic might and espionage. Touch it and poke your eyes into Uncle Sam.
Dem go use sanction finish what's left of your rubbish and comatose economy.
stop exposing ur illiteracy to the world.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Walkee: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
They can't ban Google, they can try it with twitter and facebook but not Google.. Thanks.. Back to the loan app; let them tell Google what went wrong with those apps as it was never a fraudulent app in playstore unless they will buy people that will help them to flag it up.
lmao. You sound like a really little kid. If FG decide to ban Google right now, you will not be able to access it in the next 10 minutes. FG can ban any app they want. They don't owe Google any explanation
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by TheOgaBoss: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
how is google different from Twitter and Facebook?

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
lmao. You sound like a really little kid. If FG decide to ban Google right now, you will not be able to access it in the next 10 minutes. FG can ban any app they want. They don't owe Google any explanation
It had resulted to insult as per Zoo mentality. Why am I even replying you; you don't have a reason and you want to ban something. Stay away from my mention. Bye..
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by lomprico(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
Are these people this foolish or what? Kai!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by lomprico(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
jerseyboy:
ILLITERATE GOVERNMENT
END NIGERIA NOW

Very big illiterates o!

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by lomprico(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:
From comments above, Nigerians are insatiable

Anything this govt does is wrong to them

You are also very foolish!

Sue google? Haba!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Walkee: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
It had resulted to insult as per Zoo mentality. Why am I even replying you; you don't have a reason and you want to ban something. Stay away from my mention. Bye..
you sound like a little child even now too. FG doesn't need any reason to ban anything. They can ban whatever they like. Pubg mobile is banned in India, Tiktok too. All western apps are banned in China, Iqoptions is banned in USA. You can ban any app you don't like as a federal government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Prosperous111:
This government won't stop disgracing us at the international phase.

Why probing Google why you can just writes them to banned their accounts?
you are not update on this so shut up, FG has previously write to Google but Google refused to respond that's why they're taking this action so get inform
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by beejayodus(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
simeonabio:

Google is not an independent country. They have office in Nigeria. They can be blocked just like Twitter was blocked. Get your facts right
Ahaha! You are a funny man. Block Google? You sabi who own Android so? Them say all Buharideens no get sense. You just confirm am.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
you sound like a little child even now too. FG doesn't need any reason to ban anything. They can ban whatever they like. Pubg mobile is banned in India, Tiktok too. All western apps are banned in China, Iqoptions is banned in USA. You can ban any app you don't like as a federal government
why are you wasting your time on these 2010 kids

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

they give you 4k and wants you to pay back 8k in 14 days
they give you 30k and wants you to pay back 65k in 2 months
8k to pay back 12k in 14 days
12k you pay back 18k in 14 days
100k you pay back 200k in 3 month

Tell me, is this not MMM with the poor masses

This is a criminal act and they must be arrested and stopped.

So why not reject the loans since the terms are not favorable?
You agreed and took the money, spent it, when it is time to pay you decided to shift the goal post claiming all sorts.
Why take such loans? Why not borrow from family and friends?

3 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by beejayodus(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
Ban Google? Ode ni yin. How will Android phones work? Abi you no know who get Android. Buharideens are very stup!d
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by beejayodus(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
why are you wasting your time on these 2010 kids
You can't ban Google unless you don't want people to use Android phones. Is it that complex to understand?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Walkee: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
beejayodus:
Ban Google? Ode ni yin. How will Android phones work? Abi you no know who get Android. Buharideens are very stup!d
lol. How are android phones working in China? You kids are so ignorant and dumb it's actually hilarious. By the way, what's FG business if android is working or not?

3 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by HardMirror(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Android phones
Gmail
Google maps
Google search
Google translate

Google is a gigantic suite of multiple services that have become essential parts of our lives

But some Buhari zombies think oh we can just ban Google. Extra slow thinkers
you are the illiterates here o. Simple english is problem for you, the agency never said they were going to block google. And they are right to investigate the role of google in allowing fraudulent apps to be advertised to Nigerians. Note that google is very careful not to go against the laws of countries they serve. They are not hooligans, they just had an oversight issue in this case and I am sure they would address it now. You people should be calming down, haba
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
Nigerians always doing as if they know all.... No iota of patience
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
simeonabio:

Google is not an independent country. They have office in Nigeria. They can be blocked just like Twitter was blocked. Get your facts right
My brother Nigeria no fit better cus we are always complaining and doing as if we know all from infront of our phones
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by abbey621(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:

The stupidity is the government failing to enact laws that bars these companies from operating. Which bank accounts are the repayments being made? Are they not Nigerian banks? Why can't FG instruct banks to close accounts of those loan companies or reject their transactions? Common sense is not common, it is better to pick a battle against Google instead and mumu people on Nairaland will hail them for it....RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Web2020: 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
Are they the cause of the insecurity and hunger in Nigeria? See the way the government is pursuing them as if this is the top national problem.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:
From comments above, Nigerians are insatiable

Anything this govt does is wrong to them
Thing is even the best president in the world cannot help Nigeria... Our thinking is not positive constructive and progressive .... We get problem beyond good leadership... We just looking for excuses pointing fingers....
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
NotKnown:
I think on this part I'll blame the government.

Why wait for Google?

All loan apps give loans and hope that the loans will be repaid right? That means they must be paid into an account.

Very easy. Block all the accounts. If they open other accounts, block them again and invite and one who operates the accounts.

The account owners have BVN. Trace them and get them.

Waiting for Google is a time waster cos they will circumvent it and ask customers to use apk.

I hope folks understand that in the next few months, people will feel the absence of these loan platforms. The quick money to solve issue will not be there. Nigerians will only get acess to loans from conventional banks and that is almost impossible unless you have good credit rating.
The only other option will be family and friends. I assure you no friend is willing to help anyone in these trying buhari times. Default rate is high so quarell btw friends is not needed.
My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan apps easy.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Walkee: 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
abbey621:

The stupidity is the government failing to enact laws that bars these companies from operating. Which bank accounts are the repaytments being made? Are they not Nigerian banks? Why can't FG instruct banks to close accounts of those loan companies or reject their transactions? Common sense is not common, it is better to pick a battle against Google instead and mumu people on Nairaland will hail them for it....RUBBISH!
they can use any bank account. How are yahoo boys collecting money even in USA?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
DaveHarry:

Do it yourself
Nigerians aren't as smart as they portray themselves to be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi / Benue House Of Assembly Ends In A Rowdy Session Today / Senator Omo Agege Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.