Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,111 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks (18387 Views)

Council Boss Orders Demolition Of Shrine In Akwa Ibom For Aiding Crime -PHOTOS / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Emmajn1: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Brownshoe:
Lcredit is still functional, i dey owe 117,000 which i will give them on Monday.
how much did you borrow to repay 117,000. for how many month instalments
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by LZAA: 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
Eeya grin grin grin
Nobody to defame again ba grin
No criminal on the run grin
Stupid agent
Better find another job grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by WarriFirstBorn(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

they give you 4k and wants you to pay back 8k in 14 days
they give you 30k and wants you to pay back 65k in 2 months
8k to pay back 12k in 14 days
12k you pay back 18k in 14 days
100k you pay back 200k in 3 month

Tell me, is this not MMM with the poor masses

This is a criminal act and they must be arrested and stopped.,

I currently uses Okash. I started with 6k and paid 8k after two weeks. They upgraded me to 16k to pay 18k after two weeks. Now they upgraded it to 36k to pay 46k after 28 days. Though I have not taken that offer.

What I see is that once you pay them before your due date, they have no problem with you. I do not support their breach of users privacy though.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by LZAA: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:
From agents comments above, Nigerians are insatiable

Anything this govt does is wrong to them
Fixed!!

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
kingyakos:

No loan apps has given 40k to pay 80k in 14 days

My friend AIMLoan wan render the boy useless. 48k to pay 71k in 7 days.
Then them go come day use Photoshop day send threats upandan...

One send me message the kain warning i warn am, as i day warn am tell am say i go use Horn swear for am, uncle off phone...

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by LZAA: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

I hope folks understand that in the next few months, people will feel the absence of these loan platforms. The quick money to solve issue will not be there. Nigerians will only get acess to loans from conventional banks and that is almost impossible unless you have good credit rating.
The only other option will be family and friends. I assure you no friend is willing to help anyone in these trying buhari times. Default rate is high so quarell btw friends is not needed.
My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan apps easy.
China sent them out
Philippines sent them out
Mozambique sent them out
Kenya sent them out
Can you see a pattern here loan agent?
If dem born your chinko ogas well make dem enter US or UK grin
Nansense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by WATCHOVER(m): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

they give you 4k and wants you to pay back 8k in 14 days
they give you 30k and wants you to pay back 65k in 2 months
8k to pay back 12k in 14 days
12k you pay back 18k in 14 days
100k you pay back 200k in 3 month

Tell me, is this not MMM with the poor masses

This is a criminal act and they must be arrested and stopped.

Who send that person to still go and borrow, you know that the interest rate is high you still went into agreement, is that not foolishness, then secondly concerning this loan Nigerians are not sincere enough, some will borrow and deliberately avoid paying, then for the government they got no sense, instead of banning why not regulate them.
Foreign countries mostly European countries they borrow from this kind of online lenders, their own is working well, why? it is because their government regulates their business activities

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Housing(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Google should be held responsible, most of the people behind loan apps are thieves. I have reported a particular Loan App that is only have verification details more than twice. What does guys behind do is to comment and give 5stars to the app every day. With that google algorithm is cancelled out, it wouldn't detect the fraud and genuine complaints.

The worse part is that they don't go through complaint made directly to them.

The Federal Government should take them up

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by kingyakos: 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
gimakon:

My friend AIMLoan wan render the boy useless. 48k to pay 71k in 7 days.
Then them go come day use Photoshop day send threats upandan...

One send me message the kain warning i warn am, as i day warn am tell am say i go use Horn swear for am, uncle off phone...

I no no say na extortion biz Dem dey do o, thank God I no collect any loan from Dem and e be like say na yahoo boys get those loan app
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Kog45(m): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
mustmust:

oga you dont understand, your just blabbing.

The agency recently held a meeting with one of the biggest social media giants in the world and investigating them for data breach.

Google is an AMERICAN company and the Agency(FCCPC) has an MOU with the competition agency(FTC ) of the USA.

Google will bend or bow. If google is doing business in Nigeria, it will be held responsible

The man knows what he is doing .

Dont rush to comment for the sake of commenting
Don't mind them they thought Babatunde Irukera is an illiterate.Kudos to him for yeoman job.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by JustforMen: 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

I hope folks understand that in the next few months, people will feel the absence of these loan platforms. The quick money to solve issue will not be there. Nigerians will only get acess to loans from conventional banks and that is almost impossible unless you have good credit rating.
The only other option will be family and friends. I assure you no friend is willing to help anyone in these trying buhari times. Default rate is high so quarell btw friends is not needed.
My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan apps easy.

There was life before the loan apps so life is going right on without them!

3 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by whitemand4(m): 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
abbey621:

The stupidity is the government failing to enact laws that bars these companies from operating. Which bank accounts are the repaytments being made? Are they not Nigerian banks? Why can't FG instruct banks to close accounts of those loan companies or reject their transactions? Common sense is not common, it is better to pick a battle against Google instead and mumu people on Nairaland will hail them for it....RUBBISH!

The funniest thing is that all these loan apps companies are very smart and crafty ! before they even start the business at all, they have already designed theirs means of collecting back their money through commercial banks without trace. Different account is generated in each customer's name and is linked with customers BVN. This account is given to each customer for repayment. The details of the said account is only known to the bank and the loan company. Once repayment is made they withdraw the money. The one I use partnered with wema bank so I automatically have wema account now. I can give you to make a deposit into the account I will see the money in my wallet on the app. So the account is only traceable to me and not the loan company. I think there is secret agreement btw loan companies and banks.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

You honestly think it makes sense? That's like blocking the Internet...

The Internet is not Google. It may not make sense but a simple firewall configuration will block Google and all its subdomain completely.

Google search? Use Duck Duck Go or Bing
YouTube? Use Plex
Google Map? Openmaps

Google is NOT the Internet

3 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Haylel:

The Gmail is enough. If everyone doesn't come out en masse to protest, make I bend.
You don't know how much intertwined Google is with other apps and online services we can't do without. Have you tried using a new model Huawei phone? You will be cut from the rest of the world.

Sure, the FG can ban it, but they will never try such. If Google remains stubborn to FG pleas, FG has no choice but to find another way to hit their target. Banning Google is not an option.

Lol! They slapped Twitter several months ban and nothing happened. And this is twitter that all the youths use heavily o! Last last we for go use Mastodon (open source Twitter alternative and in my opinion a danger environment). If the FG wants to ban Google, they will. And not even 100m Nigerian Gmail users will cough. We go go open outlook.com email box.

And for the Huawei Phones, if you have the know how you can build Android to run on the Huaweis
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by wonlasewonimi: 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The Internet is not Google. It may not make sense but a simple firewall configuration will block Google and all its subdomain completely.

Google search? Use Duck Duck Go or Bing
YouTube? Use Plex
Google Map? Openmaps

Google is NOT the Internet

Yeah right we have so many alternatives, why are people not using them? Even your android phone is powered by Google. A search engine that indexes more than a trillion websites using state of the art algorithms leveraging AI and ML and your govt wants to block it. Talk about self destruction!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Kcdojoto(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

So why not reject the loans since the terms are not favorable?
You agreed and took the money, spent it, when it is time to pay you decided to shift the goal post claiming all sorts.
Why take such loans? Why not borrow from family and friends?
Loan agent spotted

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Yeah right we have so many alternatives, why are people not using them? Even your android phone is powered by Google. A search engine that indexes more than a trillion websites using state of the art algorithms leveraging AI and ML and your govt wants to block it. Talk about self destruction!

So No, my Smartphone runs Android. Android is not Google as well. Google is the most advanced search engine. But it isn't the only one out there. Google doesn't work in China. So there are loads of cases that have proven that they can work with Google. And No, the government is not banning Google. They don't want Google to make the apps of these loan sharks available for download in Nigeria. And it's not that hard a request
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by abbey621(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
whitemand4:

The funniest thing is that all these loan apps companies are very smart and crafty ! before they even start the business at all, they have already designed theirs means of collecting back their money through commercial banks without trace. Different account is generated in each customer's name and is linked with customers BVN. This account is given to each customer for repayment. The details of the said account is only known to the bank and the loan company. Once repayment is made they withdraw the money. The one I use partnered with wema bank so I automatically have wema account now. I can give you to make a deposit into the account I will see the money in my wallet on the app. So the account is only traceable to me and not the loan company. I think there is secret agreement btw loan companies and banks.

Interesting.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by wonlasewonimi: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So No, my Smartphone runs Android. Android is not Google as well. Google is the most advanced search engine. But it isn't the only one out there. Google doesn't work in China. So there are loads of cases that have proven that they can work with Google. And No, the government is not banning Google. They don't want Google to make the apps of these loan sharks available for download in Nigeria. And it's not that hard a request
Google Inc.
Android Inc., was bought by the American search engine company Google Inc., in 2005. At Google, the Android team decided to base their project on Linux, an open source operating system for personal computers.

a fair request, google will only ban or remove an app if it is a rogue application. The government of the country, through proper financial services regulation, would have to monitor/sanction the operators.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Sheuns(m): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Abeg probe them. This same google suspended my google ads account saying the ad and website was circumventing or whatever.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Youhesh(m): 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
Gireiboy:

He said Google not Android, illiterate nonentity, trying to sound smart.
Jk
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Youhesh(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
HardMirror:
hehehehe. You are stressing yourself. Dont argue with fools
Ilk
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Youhesh(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! You think Google cannot be blocked? You actually don't need Google to run your Android phone

sad
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by BJanta: 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
mustmust:

oga you dont understand, your just blabbing.

The agency recently held a meeting with one of the biggest social media giants in the world and investigating them for data breach.

Google is an AMERICAN company and the Agency(FCCPC) has an MOU with the competition agency(FTC ) of the USA.

Google will bend or bow. If google is doing business in Nigeria, it will be held responsible

The man knows what he is doing .

Dont rush to comment for the sake of commenting

It's not as if they rush to comment, most of them know next to nothing.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Plus10(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. [b]Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan easy.
Which loan sharks will borrow you 1million in Nigeria at a go, let's assume it is possible,do you know how much interest it would amount,?So you can actually advice your friend to borrow 1million from loan sharks,without considering the high interest he would pay?Something tells me that you must be one of their agents.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by jimcaddy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Where I have problem with Google is that they don't do verification checks on these apps. It's an open source platform, hence any web or app developer can just wake up one day and develop a loan application. Not licensed, not registered. And there is it on Google with so many fake reviews. How can Google bots not detect spam reviews? The spam reviews are so much more than the real review, so it doesn't have any effect on the rating of that app. So Google won't pull such an app down. But I think Google should be able to have a contact in Africa where grievances can be made. I can just wake up one morning as an app developer and develop an app to recruit terrorists. And Google won't still know about it. This is the main reason why most app developers prefer Google than Apple. It's so easy on Google, whereas not that easy on Apple.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Brownshoe: 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
how much did you borrow to repay 117,000. for how many month instalments
like 92,500,, but not once, first is 63,500 and is 29,500, 2 2 weeks for each.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by smith2019: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
I tire for them oo
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Haylel: 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! They slapped Twitter several months ban and nothing happened. And this is twitter that all the youths use heavily o! Last last we for go use Mastodon (open source Twitter alternative and in my opinion a danger environment). If the FG wants to ban Google, they will. And not even 100m Nigerian Gmail users will cough. We go go open outlook.com email box.

And for the Huawei Phones, if you have the know how you can build Android to run on the Huaweis

When 99% of twitter users use twitter for cruise, we shouldn't expect a cough. Google ain't Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

It sounds like an exaggeration but it's not - Google is the internet we talk of.

Ban Google and not just the youth, even the money bags and national dignitaries will suffer.
It is easier said, but cannot be done.

FG has the power to, but it's a power that can never be exercised. We ain't a one-nation army like China.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Celebrates Father's Day At Aso Rock / Flooded Shagari Yola Town In Adamawa State This Morning After Rain / Fuel Scarcity: Anger In The Land As Motorists Abandon Homes For Filling Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.