Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks (18364 Views)

Council Boss Orders Demolition Of Shrine In Akwa Ibom For Aiding Crime -PHOTOS / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by NotKnown: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

I hope folks understand that in the next few months, people will feel the absence of these loan platforms. The quick money to solve issue will not be there. Nigerians will only get acess to loans from conventional banks and that is almost impossible unless you have good credit rating.
The only other option will be family and friends. I assure you no friend is willing to help anyone in these trying buhari times. Default rate is high so quarell btw friends is not needed.
My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan apps easy.

2 loan apps to give him 1m?

Oga lie with respect na.

Besides most loans apps will give you 1m and collect 1.4m in 2 weeks. Isn't that robbery?

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
lomprico:

You are also very foolish!

Sue google? Haba!
After all tge school and informations around us today.... This is all you could say.... Nigerians aren't smart as I thought.... Only to talk talk talk
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
HardMirror:
you are the illiterates here o. Simple english is problem for you, the agency never said they were going to block google. And they are right to investigate the role of google in allowing fraudulent apps to be advertised to Nigerians. Note that google is very careful not to go against the laws of countries they serve. They are not hooligans, they just had an oversight issue in this case and I am sure they would address it now. You people should be calming down, haba
Leave am make them dey do as them like

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
abbey621:

The stupidity is the government failing to enact laws that bars these companies from operating. Which bank accounts are the repaytments being made? Are they not Nigerian banks? Why can't FG instruct banks to close accounts of those loan companies or reject their transactions? Common sense is not common, it is better to pick a battle against Google instead and mumu people on Nairaland will hail them for it....RUBBISH!
Have you ever been in the public office either state or Federal anywhere in the world
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by babajero(m): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

they give you 4k and wants you to pay back 8k in 14 days
they give you 30k and wants you to pay back 65k in 2 months
8k to pay back 12k in 14 days
12k you pay back 18k in 14 days
100k you pay back 200k in 3 month

Tell me, is this not MMM with the poor masses

This is a criminal act and they must be arrested and stopped.

People should stop borrowing and watch them go out of business naturally. Most of the money these people borrow is just for frivolities and nothing tangible.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by AandB: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please can Lcredit report you to Credit bureau and hinder your chances of accessing bank loans if you default on the repayment.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by abbey621(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Have you ever been in the public office either state or Federal anywhere in the world

I am not a civil servant or a politician. Just a veteran I.T Auditor/fianacial professional, a Ph.D holder abroad with common sense and knowledge on how sensible governments/countries regulate fianncial transactions.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by abbey621(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
they can use any bank account. How are yahoo boys collecting money even in USA?

Yahoo boys collecting money from the USA are using mules/magas. Those stupid enough to use their real names are caught sooner or later. These loan companies are having people pay into accounts that are their own, how are they opening these accounts? It's simple, zero accountability/regulation.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by DaveHarry(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Nigerians aren't as smart as they portray themselves to be
ignorant I think
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by bizhop01: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
How will you hold google responsible when you are struggling to find google?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by new2012: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
simeonabio:

Google is not an independent country. They have office in Nigeria. They can be blocked just like Twitter was blocked. Get your facts right

you'll block google from Nigeria??

come-on bro, think thru some things before saying them. we are technologically backward and u want to ban google.. like google google?

google map, google business, Google search engine, all that? you'll drag Nigeria backwards by at least 20 years..

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by DaveHarry(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
AandB:
Please can Lcredit report you to Credit bureau and hinder your chances of accessing bank loans if you default on the repayment.
(•‿•)(•‿•)(•‿•)
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Gireiboy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

All these empty headed Buhari zombies.

Do you understand what it means to block Google?

What do you think your chinko phone runs on?
He said Google not Android, illiterate nonentity, trying to sound smart.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Dproperties: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Most people talking here can't define, what sovereign state means
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by HardMirror(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Walkee:
lol. How are android phones working in China? You kids are so ignorant and dumb it's actually hilarious. By the way, what's FG business if android is working or not?
hehehehe. You are stressing yourself. Dont argue with fools
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by DaveHarry(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
(•‿•)(•‿•)(•‿•)
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

All these empty headed Buhari zombies.

Do you understand what it means to block Google?

What do you think your chinko phone runs on?

Lol! You think Google cannot be blocked? You actually don't need Google to run your Android phone

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Just imagine some numpty in ajangbadi trying to block Google grin grin

You honestly think Google can't be blocked?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Yong4ever: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
See stupidity! You wan contact Google to pulled down an app that they verified and it got a good stars in their platform. Why not go to California their office is there. Useless mpama! Keep disgracing the Zoo and zombies and those prostitutes debtors.
why not stop being biased and comment sensibly, is goggle bigger than Nigeria? This man is making sense for crying out loud, He wants to dialogue with Google so as to put things right and he's finding it difficult to contact them, is that too much to ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Unclefemolala(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
new2012:

you'll block google from Nigeria??

come-on bro, think thru some things before saying them. we are technologically backward and u want to ban google.. like google google?

google map, google business, Google search engine, all that? you'll drag Nigeria backwards by at least 20 years..

Oga
Android phones isn't owned by Google anymore...its an open source and Google can't block it for android users...and it's the playstore and search engine that will be blocked. Others like YouTube all are subsidiaries of Alphabet and are independent of Google chrome or play store..if you're savvy you'd know Australia and EU has been threatening Google over Ads and antitrust and anti competition issue. Also didn't you see where they said Google hasn't been responding..they're domiciled and make money here and is only normal to obey and even pay taxes as it is practiced everywhere .

Nigerians just love to follow public opinion to gather likes without even looking at the vital and bright parts

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Android phones
Gmail
Google maps
Google search
Google translate

Google is a gigantic suite of multiple services that have become essential parts of our lives

But some Buhari zombies think oh we can just ban Google. Extra slow thinkers

Naaaah. We can live without those. Google Maps can be mostly replaced by openmaps (which would be a good thing). Any email app can be setup to access your Gmail. And if Gmail is blocked then everyone just goes to Outlook.com to create a new email.

You might not know it but even VPNs can be blocked sef.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
Unclefemolala:

Oga
Android phones isn't owned by Google anymore...its an open source and Google can't block it for android users...and it's the playstore and search engine that will be blocked. Others like YouTube all are subsidiaries of Alphabet and are independent of Google chrome or play store..if you're savvy you'd know Australia and EU has been threatening Google over Ads and antitrust and anti competition issue. Also didn't you see where they said Google hasn't been responding..they're domiciled and make money here and is only normal to obey and even pay taxes as it is practiced everywhere .

Nigerians just love to follow public opinion to gather likes without even looking at the vital and bright parts

You mean the Android OS. And yes you are absolutely correct it isn't owned by Google. In fact I have a Samsung S7 running the Android OS without a trace of Google on it
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Brownshoe: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fbisshit:
grin I'm now regretting not advising one chronic deptor to apply a loan from Lcredit.
Lcredit is still functional, i dey owe 117,000 which i will give them on Monday.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Handsum64: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
Really?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fbisshit: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
Brownshoe:
Lcredit is still functional, i dey owe 117,000 which i will give them on Monday.
better pikin dem born you well cool
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by lomprico(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

After all tge school and informations around us today.... This is all you could say.... Nigerians aren't smart as I thought.... Only to talk talk talk

So if I developed an app and upload it to Google and you are not satisfied with the app you will sue google instead of reporting the app for them to take it down?

U are daft! Sorry
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by walex2(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
you don't Know anything about international law, the govt can even disengaged Google from her interlink, Google owns playstore that warehouse all these loan apps, so if the govt can't reach them in communication to disengage those apps, so Google can be sue for aiding and abetting personal data violation in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Haylel: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Naaaah. We can live without those. Google Maps can be mostly replaced by openmaps (which would be a good thing). Any email app can be setup to access your Gmail. And if Gmail is blocked then everyone just goes to Outlook.com to create a new email.

You might not know it but even VPNs can be blocked sef.
The Gmail is enough. If everyone doesn't come out en masse to protest, make I bend.
You don't know how much intertwined Google is with other apps and online services we can't do without. Have you tried using a new model Huawei phone? You will be cut from the rest of the world.

Sure, the FG can ban it, but they will never try such. If Google remains stubborn to FG pleas, FG has no choice but to find another way to hit their target. Banning Google is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by HardMirror(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

I hope folks understand that in the next few months, people will feel the absence of these loan platforms. The quick money to solve issue will not be there. Nigerians will only get acess to loans from conventional banks and that is almost impossible unless you have good credit rating.
The only other option will be family and friends. I assure you no friend is willing to help anyone in these trying buhari times. Default rate is high so quarell btw friends is not needed.
My paddy as I write is asking me for 1m till month end that he will add 50k ontop. I bone am ignore the message. Na my tight paddy oh.. But I don't want the wahala of chasing person. Before he would have gotten that money from 2 loan apps easy.
not true. They are only closing the illegal ones. A lot of them are surely registered and operate professionally

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by emperor863(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
mustmust:

oga you dont understand, your just blabbing.

The agency recently held a meeting with one of the biggest social media giants in the world and investigating them for data breach.

Google is an AMERICAN company and the Agency(FCCPC) has an MOU with the competition agency(FTC ) of the USA.

Google will bend or bow. If google is doing business in Nigeria, it will be held responsible

The man knows what he is doing .

Dont rush to comment for the sake of commenting

No, he (like others on this platform) is not commenting just the sake of doing so. He commenting the rubbish because of the hatred he has for Buhari. They see politics in every thing they do - online or offline.

They do not have an iota of patriotism in them because they hate the political party in power
They forget that political parties come and go but the country remains. How can you defend and glorify a company which is frustrating the efforts of your government in their attempt to maintain law and order?

To me, this is crass stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Emmajn1: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
nedekid:

So why not reject the loans since the terms are not favorable?
You agreed and took the money, spent it, when it is time to pay you decided to shift the goal post claiming all sorts.
Why take such loans? Why not borrow from family and friends?
in law it is legal to collect such loans and not pay back. If u discover a law mistake or loophole, you can utilize it for your benefit. As it stands, most loan apps are ruining an illegal loan business. So when you collect their money and not payback, you are not breaking any law. I studied business law, company law and commercial law....including banking laws.

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by wonlasewonimi: 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You honestly think Google can't be blocked?

You honestly think it makes sense? That's like blocking the Internet...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Reuben Launches Tinubu Group In Cross River State (Photos) / 28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi / Cache Of Weapons Ortom Recovered From Youths Armed By PDP (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.