Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks (18378 Views)

Council Boss Orders Demolition Of Shrine In Akwa Ibom For Aiding Crime -PHOTOS / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by wonlasewonimi: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
jimcaddy:
W[b]here I have problem with Google is that they don't do verification checks on these apps[/b]. It's an open source platform, hence any web or app developer can just wake up one day and develop a loan application. Not licensed, not registered. And there is it on Google with so many fake reviews. How can Google bots not detect spam reviews? The spam reviews are so much more than the real review, so it doesn't have any effect on the rating of that app. So Google won't pull such an app down. But I think Google should be able to have a contact in Africa where grievances can be made. I can just wake up one morning as an app developer and develop an app to recruit terrorists. And Google won't still know about it. This is the main reason why most app developers prefer Google than Apple. It's so easy on Google, whereas not that easy on Apple.

You cant just wake up and publish an app on the play store. It goes through an approval process where it is scanned for bugs and flaws.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Plus10(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
WarriFirstBorn:

I currently uses Okash. I started with 6k and paid 8k after two weeks. They upgraded me to 16k to pay 18k after two weeks. Now they upgraded it to 36k to pay 46k after 28 days. Though I have not taken that offer.

What I see is that once you pay them before your due date, they have no problem with you. I do not support their breach of users privacy though.
Oniovo be careful here , if you keep collecting from them with the hope of increasing your next loan,sorry before you know it, you are already in their Web.I will advice you stop collecting from them o.

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by airsaylongcome: 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Google Inc.
Android Inc., was bought by the American search engine company Google Inc., in 2005. At Google, the Android team decided to base their project on Linux, an open source operating system for personal computers.

a fair request, google will only ban or remove an app if it is a rogue application. The government of the country, through proper financial services regulation, would have to monitor/sanction the operators.

Facebook is not a rogue application. It is not available in Several jurisdictions on government requests. Several other similar apps.

As for Android, Android Inc is different from Android. Android is developed by various developers one of which is Google. There's the Open Handset Alliance as welll, and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) which is Android devoid of any Google Product.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by VirileNelly2420: 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Callisto1:
This guy is bitting more than he can chew. Google is an independent company, not answereble to any country, not to talk of Nigeria. If those apps are still online, it means google has not found any reasons to take them offline. Get that into ur thick skulls APC fools
Can't it Sue and be sued? Is Google not a legal entity?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Benjaminbassey1(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2022
They should block them fast abeg, i have my reasons, they are too rude, their agents lack manner of approach.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Emmajn1: 2:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Brownshoe:
like 92,500,, but not once, first is 63,500 and is 29,500, 2 2 weeks for each.
the are criminals. thats 92,500 to pay back extra 25k in 2 weeks. this is more than 26% interest in 2 weeks, meaning you would have paid 50k extra in a month, for a loan of 92k.

They charge over 50% interest interest in a month. No bank can give you 92500 and ask you to payback 25k extra after 2 weeks. Their kind of loan is called unlawful and predatory loan and they must be banned

2 Likes

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 6:11am On Apr 02, 2022
lomprico:

So if I developed an app and upload it to Google and you are not satisfied with the app you will sue google instead of reporting the app for them to take it down?

U are daft! Sorry
You are not smart like you thought.... What most of you love doing ... Abuse ...
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 6:12am On Apr 02, 2022
abbey621:

I am not a civil servant or a politician. Just a veteran I.T Auditor/fianacial professional, a Ph.D holder abroad with common sense and knowledge on how sensible governments/countries regulate fianncial transactions.
There is a big difference between knowing and doing....
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by amaben2020(m): 7:26am On Apr 02, 2022
It's the poor souls that borrow from loan sharks I blame
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by new2012: 7:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Unclefemolala:

Oga
Android phones isn't owned by Google anymore...its an open source and Google can't block it for android users...and it's the playstore and search engine that will be blocked. Others like YouTube all are subsidiaries of Alphabet and are independent of Google chrome or play store..if you're savvy you'd know Australia and EU has been threatening Google over Ads and antitrust and anti competition issue. Also didn't you see where they said Google hasn't been responding..they're domiciled and make money here and is only normal to obey and even pay taxes as it is practiced everywhere .

Nigerians just love to follow public opinion to gather likes without even looking at the vital and bright parts

lol!
some generalization are illthought.
even the Telcos and ISPs the govt go to for blocking of sites like Twitter dare not do same to google as some of their services run off google especially as most use google DNS.

Android was bought by Google and given to the world as open source, all communications of default services still route through Google servers.

Alphabet is the company Nigeria should be talking to- ppl still call them google coz thats the old name. but u seem to mix them up.

in ur opinion block Playstore and the search engine... lol so single out to component and block- Nigeria will loose much more if u block those. their Ads will still run in their other services-they can even increase the count of impressions so they'll still make money. it's your people who can't reach so many business-wr often don't know their address online and so many other losses.. do research the loss that Playstore did to Huawei and see.

think thru things don't just attack ppl coz you think you know more, in this matter you know absolutely nothing
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Callisto1(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2022
LZAA:

Eeya grin grin grin
Nobody to defame again ba grin
No criminal on the run grin
Stupid agent
Better find another job grin

Idiot. Any body with an obective position is an agent, OLODO
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by LZAA: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Callisto1:

Idiot. Any body with an obective position is an agent, OLODO
Pained agent grin

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by mustmust(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2022
BJanta:

It's not as if they rush to comment, most of them know next to nothing.

Dont mind them Google is trying to reach out and those apps are going down soon.

1 Like

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by mustmust(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Callisto1(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2022
LZAA:

Pained agent grin

LOAN PROSTITUTE grin
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by litaninja(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Or, maybe, just don't take loans you cant repay?

Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

they give you 4k and wants you to pay back 8k in 14 days
they give you 30k and wants you to pay back 65k in 2 months
8k to pay back 12k in 14 days
12k you pay back 18k in 14 days
100k you pay back 200k in 3 month

Tell me, is this not MMM with the poor masses

This is a criminal act and they must be arrested and stopped.

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by LZAA: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2022
Callisto1:

LOAN PROSTITUTE grin
Better go on the run grin grin grin
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by abbey621(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

There is a big difference between knowing and doing....

There's a big difference between inability and incompetency!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Plus10:

Which loan sharks will borrow you 1million in Nigeria at a go, let's assume it is possible,do you know how much interest it would amount,?So you can actually advice your friend to borrow 1million from loan sharks,without considering the high interest he would pay?Something tells me that you must be one of their agents.
The last time i used paylater or carbon ie 2019, my loan offer was 500k for 6 months. The most I ever took was 100k.
If I had been a steady user, I would have had acess to over 1m as people I knew did.
Ofcouse, the more loans I got then, the less the interest rate and the longer the spread for repayment.
Funny you think I am an agent.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Kcdojoto:

Loan agent spotted
Abi, because I say one should pay up to a debt willingly taken, it means I am a loan agent?
When I took loans from those apps I paid when due. I took money only when I needed it and I had confirmed expectant funds to repay. Not to take money and hope God will provide. If it did not make sense ie the interest I rejected and lived within my means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
JustforMen:

There was life before the loan apps so life is going right on without them!
Very true.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
LZAA:

China sent them out
Philippines sent them out
Mozambique sent them out
Kenya sent them out
Can you see a pattern here loan agent?
If dem born your chinko ogas well make dem enter US or UK grin
Nansense
Where do you think the word loan shark originates from?
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by nedekid: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
NotKnown:

2 loan apps to give him 1m?

Oga lie with respect na.

Besides most loans apps will give you 1m and collect 1.4m in 2 weeks. Isn't that robbery?
Hmm, why do I have to lie to you? Of what benefit to me?
Me personally, the last time I used paylater ie now carbon, 2019, my loan offer was 500k with 6months tenue. (and I was not a heavy user). They even asked for further personal details to offer me better offers at reduced interest, but I never did give them because I did not need any further soft loans.
I had friends that were collecting over 1m steady from paylater at better terms.
My very own aburo, the first offer they gave him was not the 10k the gave most people and even started me on. Let me shock you, they started him on 300k!
Nb: The most I took despite my 500k offer was 100k spread over 6 months. Total interest was about 28-30k.
What I basically did was to turn the money around in my business a couple of times each month and so to make the monthly payment was never an issue.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by ImoleNaija: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
Plus10:

Oniovo be careful here , if you keep collecting from them with the hope of increasing your next loan,sorry before you know it, you are already in their Web.I will advice you stop collecting from them o.

He will soon be given a 'Regular customer' tag; indirectly calling him a 'Mr. wasteful'. grin
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Poleski: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2022
Emmajn1:
those apps should be banned. they are using Nigerians to do MMM. imagine giving someone loan of 40k and you ask the person to pay you 80k in just 14days. Even if the person is paying back 80k in 2 months, its still too much....is this not MMM. they are making cool cash from poor Nigerians. you borrow someone 6k and in 14 days you ask the person. to pay you 12k meaning you charged him 50% interest in 14days. This is a criminal act and they must be stopped. Their interest is too high and they are breaking CBN rules on loan issuance and interest to be charged on loans.

If you are owing them, don't pay them, they should fold up and go. The ones they have collected from poor Nigerians so far is OK.

They don't force the idiots to take their loans.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Emmajn1: 11:03am On Apr 03, 2022
Poleski:

They don't force the idiots to take their loans.
so the idiots should keep giving people unlawful and predatory loans because the citizens are too poor and broke to say no.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Fearyourcreator: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
abbey621:

There's a big difference between inability and incompetency!
Okay
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by Poleski: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2022
Emmajn1:
so the idiots should keep giving people unlawful and predatory loans because the citizens are too poor and broke to say no.

Blame your incompetent government and the idiots who patronize these thieves. There are still poor and broke people who have common sense and didn't fall for this nonsense.
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by kayusely70(m): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
MathewOG:
You've spoken very well and reasonably too! Those people are fraudulent and very very Wicked! They should be banned and barred from the country!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by kayusely70(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
Emmajn1:

You've spoken very well and reasonably too!
Re: Apps: FG Moves To Probe Google For Aiding Loan Sharks by kayusely70(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
Emmajn1:

You've spoken very well and reasonably too![color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply / Kwankwasiyya Criticise Ganduje Over Planned Demolition Of Kofar Nassarawa Bridge / 2023: Electoral Act To End APC's Rigging, Manipulation, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.