Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. (1454 Views)

How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video) / Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / "He Couldn't Get Me Pregnant For 10 Years, So I Tested My Fertility Elsewhere" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
I went on a date, got back and was Jisting my sister how it went and she asked me if he gave me money for transport fare. I was shocked and asked her why?

She asked who fixed the date? I said, him. So she was like since it was him who wanted to see me, he should make provision for transport fare .

So I asked her, before you got married the men have been the one paying for transportation just to go on a date? She said yes. I told her well, it has never crossed my mind in all my years of going on dates to ask for such. I go on a date and come back with my money except with those who have cars that drop me off sometimes. Though the food is always funded by my dates.

I also watched a couple on YouTube where the wife was of the opinion that it doesn't matter, that it's not a must for a man to fund her transportation fare while the husband feels its important to give a lady fare to the meeting venue since you were the one who called her out of her comfort zone to come and see you.

So, I wanna know. Is it wrong for a lady to pay for her transportation to and fro a date?

So I'll know how to bill him for Tfare on our next date tongue.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by illicit(m): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
U did the right thing

2 Likes

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by rickpat(m): 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
if he pays the transport,it's cool...but if he doesn't... please don't ask...for your pride sake(some ladies even ask even when the transport is 200naira)

if it's a long distance...like those in Lagos for example... mainland to island...you could ask if you can't afford it....

but all in all...don't judge a man cus he didn't give you transport fee...this new Norm is really misleading so many young ladies..

finally..do what your heart tells you and what works for you... remember what works for B may sink C...so good men might be turned off by your asking for transport fee especially when the money is very small...

my opinion

3 Likes

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by lilvicky68(m): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's wrong but it's not
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
rickpat:
if he pays the transport,it's cool...but if he doesn't... please don't ask...for your pride sake(some ladies even ask even when the transport is 200naira)

if it's a long distance...like those in Lagos for example... mainland to island...you could ask if you can't afford it....

but all in all...don't judge a man cus he didn't give you transport fee...this new Norm is really misleading so many young ladies..

finally..do what your heart tells you and what works for you... remember what works for B may sink C...so good men might be turned off by your asking for transport fee especially when the money is very small...

my opinion

Like seriously, it doesn't even cross my mind to start tasking for Tfare. In fact, if she didn't mention it, I never saw it as a thing.
I just regard it as a normal thing I'm doing for myself.

200 naira? Lol.. waaaw.. even when I was going to sango ( that year) that it'll almost look like you're traveling, I don't ask. Talk more around the corner.

If I don't have, I'll rather postpone the date but I won't let you know it's because I don't have Tfare.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Officialgarri: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
You are a wise independent girl. Same cannot be said of your older sister. I just pity her husband
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
He asked for a date and as such it should be fully funded by him, strictly my own opinion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Officialgarri:
You are a wise independent girl. Same cannot be said of your older sister. I just pity her husband
But her husband is not complaining which makes the both of you different

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Iyaebe:
He asked for a date and as such it should be fully funded by him, strictly my own opinion.

grin.
Maybe I should start asking o.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mercychen:

grin.
Maybe I should start asking o.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to front the independent thingny before a man even if you are highly independent, it will surely hunt you as the relationship progress and you won’t be able to properly access your man responsibility wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by rickpat(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mercychen:

Like seriously, it doesn't even cross my mind to start tasking for Tfare. In fact, if she didn't mention it, I never saw it as a thing.
I just regard it as a normal thing I'm doing for myself.

200 naira? Lol.. waaaw.. even when I was going to sango ( that year) that it'll almost look like you're traveling, I don't ask. Talk more around the corner.

If I don't have, I'll rather postpone the date but I won't let you know it's because I don't have Tfare.
trust me...some ladies never use their transport..even bike fare....

now please permit to focus on you for a second..

see girl,as long as your personality doesn't permit you to ask for transport fare from a guy when going for a date with him...please continue that way,be yourself...the most important thing is yourself satisfaction...cus you might change and it may not work out good for you...your idea and personality of cancelling a date cus of transport fare has been working for you... continue...it has been keeping your pride and sanity in intact...so keep it up... canceling a date doesn't mean the date won't come back another day...pride matters alot in things like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
rickpat:
trust me...some ladies never use their transport..even bike fare....

now please permit to focus on you for a second..

see girl,as long as your personality doesn't permit you to ask for transport fare from a guy when going for a date with him...please continue that way,be yourself...the most important thing is yourself satisfaction...cus you might change and it may not work out good for you...your idea and personality of cancelling a date cus of transport fare has been working for you... continue...it has been keeping your pride and sanity in intact...so keep it up... canceling a date doesn't mean the date won't come back another day...pride matters alot in things like this

Yeah. You're right though.

Thanks.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Iyaebe:
I don’t think it’s a good idea to front the independent thingny before a man even if you are highly independent, it will surely hunt you as the relationship progress and you won’t be able to properly access your man responsibility wise.

It's not a matter of fronting it. It's just natural for me not to ask because I mean.... How I wan take put mouth ask am?

I'll be like... I don't have TFare or come and give me Tfare.. kai! I no fit. And that's not to say I will not be able to fully access my man financially.

If I want to collect 100k from him now now, I know how to do it and he'll drop. My ex used to say im manipulative because of that but that's by the way and totally different from this Tfare matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by simpleseyi: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Your sister is a runs girl. The children she has may not belong to her husband. This truth is bitter.

3 Likes

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by simpleseyi: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Iyaebe:

This one is a commercial dater a.k.a. runs girl.

1 Like

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
simpleseyi:
Your sister is a runs girl. The children she has may not belong to her husband. This truth is bitter.

Not everyone is a runs girl like the female members of your family.

For your info, we are bornagain christians in my family. In fact, her own bornagain was stronger than mine and the man she's currently married to disvirgined her. So keep quiet!

2 Likes

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by DonEd(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
Men respect women who don't act like leaches

Know this and gain respect.

Don't listen to old time leaches who haven't been able to stay stable in any relationship

Most men figure their wives from their first date.

Be wise

6 Likes

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
DonEd:
Men respect women who don't act like leaches

Know this and gain respect.

Don't listen to old time leaches who haven't been able to stay stable in any relationship

Most men figure their wives from their first date.

Be wise

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by muyico(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mercychen:

For your info, we are bornagain christians in my family. In fact, her own bornagain was stronger than mine and the man she's currently married to disvirgined her. So keep quiet!
bornagain indeed.where ha ur pastor? Check d meaning of dating on ur fone? My dear trust ya self only.dont trust any Jeremiah 17:5
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Iyaebe:
But her husband is not complaining which makes the both of you different
That's why u hv being causing nuisance everywhere
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mercychen:

aunty say you not your sister. Human being do change including your pastor or prophet
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by socialmediaman: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
I think a lot of men will be glad to cover the commute especially if it involves a flight or long drive or commute, but it’s also a pet peeve or even a deal breaker for some men for a first date, especially if you’re working class and living/meeting in the same city. My suggestion is, get to meet them first before feeling entitled.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 02, 2022
socialmediaman:
I think a lot of men will be glad to cover the commute especially if it involves a flight or long drive or commute, but it’s also a pet peeve or even a deal breaker for some men for a first date, especially if you’re working class and living/meeting in the same city. My suggestion is, get to meet them first before feeling entitled.

I see.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by 1860x: 2:33am On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
Officialgarri:
[/s]
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 02, 2022
Don't belittle yourself by asking for a T-fare after a date. and please, do not "bill" the guy. If i were the guy, i would usually ask how you plan to get home after the date. If he gives, fine and if not, just find your way home with your self respect intact.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 02, 2022
The day a girl ask me for TP after a date will be the last time I'll vibe with her undecided...

1 Like

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by jaxxy(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2022
Iyaebe:

She should pay for the date and the man's tfair or fuel his car. That's how we know wife material.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Double0h7(f): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
If you're in your early 20s you could get away with that but as an independent adult it looks bad that you can't or won't afford your own travel expenses. It's not a good look for a grown woman.

1 Like

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by anthonyuncle(m): 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
a responsible guy that invites you for a date knows that he is supposed to cater for your transport (even if he doesn't pay 100%, but should give you a tip), regardless of this, don't ask for it.
go with your own money, in case of anything, it also gives you more confidence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
Double0h7:
If you're in your early 20s you could get away with that but as an independent adult it looks bad that you can't or won't afford your own travel expenses. It's not a good look for a grown woman.

Ok.

anthonyuncle:
a responsible guy that invites you for a date knows that he is supposed to cater for your transport (even if he doesn't pay 100%, but should give you a tip), regardless of this, don't ask for it.
go with your own money, in case of anything, it also gives you more confidence

Yeah, some do offer but they won't make it seem like TFare. That is still ok.

I will never go on a date without my own Money. Sometimes, I may get there first and feel like having something before he comes. So there's need to have something at hand.
Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by anthonyuncle(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mercychen:

Yeah, some do offer but they won't make it seem like TFare. That is still ok.

collect if they do, but don't make it look like that was your aim.

Mercychen:

I will never go on a date without my own Money. Sometimes, I may get there first and feel like having something before he comes. So there's need to have something at hand.

nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. by simpleseyi: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Mercychen:

Born again runs girl you mean? We know you nah. We dey this game together. Born again runs girls wey dey sleep with Pastors, Assistant Pastors, Deacons and Choir Master.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accused For Having Dad's Wife, Wt Wld U Do? / Can Naija Women Have Egalitarian Marital Relationships With Their Naija Men. / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.