Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? (23411 Views)

Are CNG Car Conversion Really Worth It? / Is This Car Really Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Model? / 3.9m For 2005 Corolla: Is It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Hannover(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2022
Nozino:

A car is suppose to aid mobility and generally make your life easier. Some people like suffer and trekking, if you’re in that group, a car will look like luxury to you .

Nah, that's not true. I personally have refused to buy a car not because I can't afford it but due to the fact that I don't really see the need and besides an average Nigerian driver is mad!!!
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Legendrysailor(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I'm buying only for easy mobility.
Tired of public transportation.

Alright, I think dat is enough reason to purchase a car

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by yesloaded: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I wish to get a car with a budget of 3.5 to 3.8 million naira.
Due to the 3 years duration coupled with police harassing young car owners.

Is a car really worth buying now or I should jejely wait till I move??

I need inputs please.

If you are a type of guy who moved around a lot, get a car. It's not necessary to be 3.5m & above, 2m will get you a decent car for mobility purposes only.

If you don't move around much, forget about car & concentrate on your academics

Car is a necessity but you need to examine your movement & income very well before you arrive at conclusion

Apart from fuel, car maintenance is not cheap considering the kind of bad road we have across Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Scamburster(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2022
HarunaWest:
Use Uber or Bolt guy. A vehicle comes with great responsibility. I haven't owned a vehicle even though I can afford it. I can not do fuel, mechanic or road rage madness. I am too lazy for that mehn....
LOL, my whastapp group admin. well done Comrade.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by seyz91(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2022
Me too
HarunaWest:
Use Uber or Bolt guy. A vehicle comes with great responsibility. I haven't owned a vehicle even though I can afford it. I can not do fuel, mechanic or road rage madness. I am too lazy for that mehn....
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ednut1(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2022
kay29000:

He is studying a 4 year course, he is definitely not a medical student.
this is the second day I’m reading a thread wrongly. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by jimtemi1: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2022
I have nothing to say,lavish spender like Davido should answer this question, his opinion will be highly welcome
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by GooodHardDick: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2022
harmargedon:
it's totally different when you travel out though.

You dey use white people compare Nigerians before? Nawa for you ooo comrade. You should know I was talking about the poor people in Nigeria and Africa at large
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by seyz91(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2022
For your sanity and safety, keep.your money, save it

But if you wanna impress our naija Oloshos you can buy car cuz i am 100percent sure na because of girls most guys dey buy car
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I need inputs please.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by seyz91(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2022
Benki003:
Get one bruh easy access to the p***y grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by golor(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

A car doesn't look like a luxury to me.

You didn't put my metrics into consideration.
1.I have only 3 years more in the country.
2.Police wahala.

Look at this guy !!! Car in today's Nigeria looks like investment...it appreciate value weda u use the car or not ..if I de lie ask people way buy foreign used car 3 years ago and ask how much is the second hand value of today or foreign value...when u wan sell u fit sell same amount or more self ...I am speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by toujurs: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2022
Benki003:
Get one bruh easy access to the p***y grin grin
i swear. Just have a car, you will Bleep tyre as a guy. Even if your apartment isn't that nice but okay. But having a car is a premium access to these girls. A car with an air conditioner

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Snoopyjaga: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2022
kay29000:

You said he shouldn't buy fancy car, then in the same paragraph, you ask him to buy LEXUS? And you think police won't stop him all the time driving a Lexus.
my guy olden days Lexus dey now grin

Lesus es 330 for example 2006 model ... But he'll be better off with Camry xle v6 cool for great drive experience , but it'll cost him fuel Sha

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2022
johnjay4u2u:
Yes and no.
The above is based on incomplete facts from your points.
If your parents are bankrolling you and will continue to after school, then Yes. Because if you are under parents that can afford funding you till you save up to get a car, then police would be least of your problems (Your class of parents will always know someone that know someone that knows the police)

Yes, point 2. Yes, get a personal car if you are bankrolling yourself in a legit business because you will need a car to facelift your business and get things sorted out faster. Clients also fell safer seeing you comfortable. (In Nigeria,most people will pick an engineer with a car over one with bicycle for a job. LOL)
When getting the car, go for the uncommon brands attached to yahoo boys. You gerrit?
Say range of 2.4 to 2.8m
While driving, always look responsible. It's normal all over the world for police to stop any young black man with dreadlocks, ice on the neck, dirty jeans etc driving a car.

No, don't buy a car if;
1.Parents are bankrolling presently but will stop after school
2. If you drink alcohol to stupor (you fit crash am)
3. You just want to use it as show off or to catch chicks . lol

All said and done, you know which you will do and take responsibility for the decision.

Thank you very much.

1.Actually,I work and earn by myself.I don't dress like yahoo boys and I have this cool gentle look because I am indeed gentle grin
2.I don't drink to stupor.If I drink, I'll be wise enough not to drive.
3.No I don't show off.I need it for easy mobility.
I'm tired of bus conductors shouting "four four per row" in a heated bus filled with people who smell nice and those who don't.I like comfort.

6 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2022
Legalcriminal:
It worth buying but be ready to give Nigeria police money every fucking point if you don’t want bullet in your head

I actually know how to treat their f*ck up.But how many times will I be doing that.
Those people dey vex me.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2022
heykims:
Sincerely, I don't know why this is on front page. U need the public to make such decision for you?

There are a lot of older people here who are wiser than I am.
It's important to seek counsel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by zoedew: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

Thanks for the input.
Best advise. Just download the Bolt app for your phone.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by zoedew: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

There are a lot of older people here who are wiser than I am.
It's important to seek counsel.
Nice answer!

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by SocialJustice: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I need inputs please.
Must you guys pass all your rubbish thoughts through nairaland before making your inconsequential decisions?

Is it daftness or you just want to be popular in a faceless forum?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2022
HarunaWest:
grin grin
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Rinoxy: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2022
HarunaWest:
Then you're not in any place to give advice here.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Medianna(f): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2022
Too much unnecessary info
So you have to tell us you're in a private uni
Your level(why not add the course of study name of school)
Leaving the country
And also the prize of the car(why not add the model and name)

You should equally add age so will be ascertain if police will harrass you or not.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2022
TheOldGods:
this doesn't make sense. What are you doing with a car in private university? Where will you be parking it. I think the problem with you right now is peer pressure. You want to show off or belong in the society. You're a student and no source of income as you mentioned above, but Lt you want to show off. No wahala. I'll advice you to then buy a Benz, add more money and get a Benz then show off all you want.

He who thinks he knows, but doesn't know he does not know, and does not want to know, is a fool.

I already put that into consideration.
My mom's friend stays in the state I school.My parents' house is in a far state from where I school.I have to journey home during breaks.

Also when I graduate, I'll have unlimited access to it.

I do have a source of income.
This is why I brought it here for advice.
Thank you.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Rinoxy: 11:14am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I need inputs please.
The police part is what I want to respond to; my bro, as long as you're responsible in your appearance, no unnecessary youthful behaviour, and you carry yourself with decorum, then you've gat no problems.
One even asked what I do for a living, and I told him I'm a civil servant which I am.
Funny enough, I enjoy meeting policemen on the way. I greet them respectfully, hail them at times, then move. I know a lot of them now.
Be sincere, be free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Bellotelli: 11:15am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

2.Police wahala.
Oga buy your Moro and forget about dis worries.

3 years is a long time from now
Ensure ur vehicle papers are intact so u and police or any agencies don't clash.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 11:15am On Apr 02, 2022
mastermaestro:
Why are you so concerned about police harassment? Are you into shady acts? I used a car while in the university. I had a valid drivers license with complete vehicle papers. I passed police points all the time without fear because I didn’t do shit to acquire the vehicle.

Look inwards dude!

Many young guys who own a car are termed yahoo boys by police just to extort them.I don't have time to be dragging with them.I no like long talks.

Imagine them seeing a personal and a business email on your phone.They will say having two emails means you're a fraudster.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Penboy: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2022
Snoopyjaga:
my guy olden days Lexus dey now grin

Lesus es 330 for example 2006 model ... But he'll be better off with Camry xle v6 cool for great drive experience , but it'll cost him fuel Sha

How much can someone get toks of this lexus?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by redsun(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2022
A car is a necessity. You have to have a pressing need for it and be productive enough to be able to maintain it. Especially in nigeria where the roads are death trap ditches. You may be better leaving your money in a good saving deposit scheme to generate interest in the period that you have to study.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:21am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

2.Police wahala.

Read is comment again. He gave you the best explanation. Buy a car and register under your mom's name. As long as you are not into fraud then you are good to go. Car is mobility to me . Except you have another reason you wanna get it . 3 years is a long long time

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by phemmyfour: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I need inputs please.
For a family man, it's worth it. For you, a student and singular... it's a luxury and a distraction

4 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 11:22am On Apr 02, 2022
Originalsly:
I think you should not buy a car. Maybe in two years time when you are mature enough. Needing help to know if you need a car shows you are not matured enough to be a car owner.

If I have no intention to leave the country yet, I'll buy it straight away.

All I'm asking is "is buying a car for just a 3 year duration worth it?".
In 2 years time like you said, I'll only have 1 year more in Nigeria and it won't be worth it.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by chloride6: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2022
Lol, yes..

� yes. Just buy one that serves you and not the other way round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / #KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.