Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? (23406 Views)

Are CNG Car Conversion Really Worth It? / Is This Car Really Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Model? / 3.9m For 2005 Corolla: Is It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Nozino: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hannover:

Nah, that's not true. I personally have refused to buy a car not because I can't afford it but due to the fact that I don't really see the need and besides an average Nigerian driver is mad!!!

Ok. But you enjoying using public transport where you have to trek some distance and stand under the sun for hours right? You enjoy public transport with the awful smells right? You forbid getting out of your house into your Air conditioned car right? God will help.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Nozino: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

A car doesn't look like a luxury to me.

You didn't put my metrics into consideration.
1.I have only 3 years more in the country.
2.Police wahala.

You even need it more now. 3 years is a long time, not that anything is set in stone. Your traveling out isn’t guaranteed. Even if you do, you can sell it or gift it out. You also won’t be the first youth to ride a car.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by DLonely1: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I'm buying only for easy mobility.
Tired of public transportation.

Go get one bro. We are in the same shoe though. I'm in 300 level, planing of leaving the country after NYC. And yes, I'm getting my first car next month by God grace.

The insecurity in this country is getting out of hand. Using your private car will guarantee your safety than public transportation.

I'm going for Toyota popular known as spider. I heard that it's good for an average young guy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Medianna:

Ahh

Your last paragraph
Is equally unnecessary.

You can only spot the unnecessary but can't spot the necessary.

Your contribution so far too has been unnecessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Ijaya123: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nozino:

If you like, trek from Aduwawa to Etete under hot sun. Do this with your entire family members. Na you know.

Who is complaining?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by frozen70(f): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I wish to get a car with a budget of 3.5 to 3.8 million naira.
Due to the 3 years duration coupled with police harassing young car owners.

Is a car really worth buying now or I should jejely wait till I move??

I need inputs please.

As a student that will soon graduate and leave the country, what do you need the car for

Why not invest in land that will appreciate over time

Open a business they will bring in more money

Lastly, keep the money and plan your relocation with it
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by DLonely1: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nozino:

Ok. But you enjoying using public transport where you have to trek some distance and stand under the sun for hours right? You enjoy public transport with the awful smells right? You forbid getting out of your house into your Air conditioned car right? God will help.

Don't blame him bro. Some people are naturally addicted to poverty grin

I'm getting my first ride by next month and yes, I'm in 300 level and planing to leave the country as well.
But I go buy the car and sell it off or dash somebody when leaving. I'm tired of all this public transportation wahala and insecurity plus robbery inside vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
OgunkeelAllMod:
my brother ,your level of reasoning is TOP notch!na your IQ level I like being friend with cool.. imagine the sort of question a whole undergrad is asking undecided..!!if it was a job interview and he gave this kinda submission, I'd reject him without even thinking about it!only black African , especially nigerians,with their cockeyed ways of doing & looking at things! Necessity,they say,is the mother of INVENTION! Car was invented for the sole reason of SAVING TIME!, follow by convenience,and comfort and lastly,for luxury (which isn't that important) I no fit type abeg. undecided graduate my arss ,no brainier lot.

You're doing too much.

I kept an open mind when asking.Because no man is an island...

Job interview?I'll be the interviewer.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Medianna(f): 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

You can only spot the unnecessary but can't spot the necessary.

Your contribution so far too is unnecessary

Its like you like fight.

( just thinking aloud)
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
frozen70:

As a student that will soon graduate and leave the country, what do you need the car for

Why not invest in land that will appreciate over time

Open a business they will bring in more money

Lastly, keep the money and plan your relocation with it

Thanks for your input.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by frozen70(f): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

Thanks for your input.

Thanks too
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by SocialJustice: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

Which pride did you see me display?
I don't even qualify as a "big boy" or as a rich kid.So which pride?

It's understandable that you couldn't afford #3.5m as an undergraduate.
What were you trying to say here?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by policysamuel(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
DLonely1:

Don't blame him bro. Some people are naturally addicted to poverty grin

I'm getting my first ride by next month and yes, I'm in 300 level and planing to leave the country as well.
But I go buy the car and sell it off or dash somebody when leaving. I'm tired of all this public transportation wahala and insecurity plus robbery inside vehicle.

Coman show me way na,
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by TheOldGods: 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I have young guys who get extorted by those criminals in uniform.They always tag them "yahoo boys" falsely.
if you are extorted then you were never clean from the beginning. For you to be scared of police shows your source of income is questionable. I'm 25, I have a Benz and a Lexus. Police has never extorted me, infact my name is in the papers of the cars both original duties. The only thing it just makes police always stop you, and ask you for something. That's it

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Benki003(m): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
emmyw:
You Need Common Sense Asap

Op zukwanu Ike grin grin
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by olumzzz(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I need inputs please.
You can check out a 2011 toyota corolla or honda cr-v 2009.
They are not synonymous with young rich guys.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by pacespot(m): 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nawa o, so this country has deteriorated to the extent that young guys are afraid of owning a car due to police harassment

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Kayykayy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Getting a car is a good idea.

Meanwhile I have a very clean Toyota Camry 2007 for sale,2.2m,slightly negotiable,07036587049
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Bbbw: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
Depends on your wallet and what asset you have achieved before the liability
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

You don't know my family,background, work e.t.c
You don't expect me to reveal all that online.

What if you meet people from the upper class families? grin

It doesn't matter

As long as it wasn't stated, people should asked questions first before giving advice

That's how those who are interested in the progress of their society do.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
SocialJustice:

What were you trying to say here?

I stated the obvious in which you too confirmed.How is that pride?

3.5 that many people do squander in a day.Is that the money I'll be displaying pride for?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by donhils: 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
Having a car a necessity. It's no longer seen as luxury
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
TheOldGods:
if you are extorted then you were never clean from the beginning. For you to be scared of police shows your source of income is questionable. I'm 25, I have a Benz and a Lexus. Police has never extorted me, infact my name is in the papers of the cars both original duties. The only thing it just makes police always stop you, and ask you for something. That's it

Maybe It doesn't happen in your state.

Don't tell me you don't know police extort innocent people.That means you don't stay in Nigeria.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

It doesn't matter

As long as it wasn't stated, people should asked questions first before giving advice

That's how those who are interested in the progress of their society do.

So if I am into something shady,I will say it right here?

Meanwhile,why are you saying it as if 3.5 is BIG money that can only be gotten through ill means?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by oweniwe(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

Na elderly people cars be that grin

Highlander is not elders car o. Na same engine inside is same with Camry v6. I have never seen a broken down Highlander on the road.

Newer CRV models are pretty dope in shape too.

If you want police to respect you on the road, look for 4runner or Prado, they will not disturb you at all. Hilux is expensive Sha, if you see one within you budget, buy am, no regret. Police, army, nobody will disturb you and na like one year you go see Mechanic if you use the right fluids

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Kaymaxine(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
HarunaWest:
Use Uber or Bolt guy. A vehicle comes with great responsibility. I haven't owned a vehicle even though I can afford it. I can not do fuel, mechanic or road rage madness. I am too lazy for that mehn....
Na lie bros.Just say you can't afford it.
Make rain meet you for oshodi bustop by 5am in the morning...you go drive car come back for evening
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by HarunaWest(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Kaymaxine:

Na lie bros.Just say you can't afford it.
Make rain meet you for oshodi bustop by 5am in the morning...you go drive car come back for evening
I don't reside in Lagos dude, I reside in Abuja. My movement is routine and their are vehicles and cabs all around. How much is a second vehicle nowadays sef 2M and above so what you talking about dude?
Not everyone likes stress and I am one of those dude.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by yemmit90: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Having a car is not a must but however having a car is very necessary!

To poor people, having a car is like luxury while to the rich having a car makes it easier to go around.

Dont mind them, having a car is necessity, infact it is a must if one can afford it.

With car, no one in your street will know what you bring home. The hustle for commercial cabs during rushing hours or when it rain can reset someone brains. Also, people see you are a better person compare to when trekking around.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Professorcplus(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

So if I am into something shady,I will say it right here?

Meanwhile,why are you saying it as if 3.5 is BIG money that can only be gotten through ill means?
You're deceiving yourself... After enjoy your cheap fame you go craw back to your hole.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by SocialJustice: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
2braithe:

I stated the obvious in which you too confirmed.How is that pride?

3.5 that many people do squander in a day.Is that the money I'll be displaying pride for?
It wasn't pride so I guess it was stupidity or ignorance because you have no basis for attacking my past aside self defence or a bruised ego. I don't dwell on my past or feel intimidated when I see people talking about large sums.

I am irritated by people like you always seeking advice before making personal decisions. I don't care if the advice being solicited is marital, sexual, financial or religious. We won't be there to enjoy the benefits or suffer the consequences of your decision with you. Why allow strangers make critical decisions for you? Is that not the height of stupidity or you can't see it because your ego is bruised?

I've said enough, have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Duplik8t77(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
I need a car for uber on weekly remittance. I can be reached on 08165650816. I stay in Surulere Lagos..
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Tzar(m): 5:45am On Apr 03, 2022
Buy a bike and a small not so flashy car (because of rainy or very hot days) for another 1.5m. With 1.5-2m, you can buy an averagely good tokunbo bike and safety gear. Police will usually not harrass riders and it gets you around as long as you ride safe and easy.
You also will not get harrassed in a small but durable 1.5m car.
2braithe:

I need inputs please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / #KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.