Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? (23405 Views)

Are CNG Car Conversion Really Worth It? / Is This Car Really Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Model? / 3.9m For 2005 Corolla: Is It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by okoroemeka(m): 6:32am On Apr 03, 2022
2braithe:

A car doesn't look like a luxury to me.

You didn't put my metrics into consideration.
1.I have only 3 years more in the country.
2.Police wahala.
a car is a nessecity,get an unobtrusive car that will fly below the radar and police will ignore you, Honda Accord or Toyota Camry,

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Came4amo: 6:58am On Apr 03, 2022
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I wish to get a car with a budget of 3.5 to 3.8 million naira.
Due to the 3 years duration coupled with police harassing young car owners.

Is a car really worth buying now or I should jejely wait till I move??

I need inputs please.

U dont need to ask no one when the time is right you will know .. a car is a sign alot of people watch .. without even knowing it's a sign of responsibility.. and makes people look at u different..

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by henrixx(m): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2022
2braithe:
So I'm currently in 300 level with a plan to leave the country immediately after my NYSC.
Since I'm studying a 4 year course in a private uni,I have about 3 years more in this country.

I wish to get a car with a budget of 3.5 to 3.8 million naira.
Due to the 3 years duration coupled with police harassing young car owners.

Is a car really worth buying now or I should jejely wait till I move??

I need inputs please.
are you into scam? why are you scared of the police
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Amalekki: 5:14am On Apr 04, 2022
Nozino:

Do you know how difficult it is to get rides at times? Do you know the convenience that comes with having your own car?
Yes I do & I also know the convenience of not having to worry about so many issues attached to having your own car in Nigeria, do you? It's all about reviewing the pros and cons.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Nozino: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Amalekki:

Yes I do & I also know the convenience of not having to worry about so many issues attached to having your own car in Nigeria, do you? It's all about reviewing the pros and cons.

Ok. May you never own a car in Nigeria
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by Amalekki: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nozino:

Ok. May you never own a car in Nigeria
Not sure what you mean by that or how it relates to this conversation?
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by James150: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dad bought me a car this year... smiley smiley smiley
But sometimes I do leave it at home and go run my things. You could get a car and decide to use when ever you want.
God that open doors to give you money to get one will also be opening doors to maintain it.
Cheers...

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by 2braithe: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
James150:
Dad bought me a car this year... smiley smiley smiley
But sometimes I do leave it at home and go run my things. You could get a car and decide to use when ever you want.
God that open doors to give you money to get one will also be opening doors to maintain it.
Cheers...

Thanks boss.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ford101: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
2braithe:

If I have no intention to leave the country yet, I'll buy it straight away.

All I'm asking is "is buying a car for just a 3 year duration worth it?".
In 2 years time like you said, I'll only have 1 year more in Nigeria and it won't be worth it.
if that's your problem then go and buy a car.cos your first night with your new car will be like 3days to you.before 3months your car sound will start to change.maybe before 7months the two front tyres will need change.so 3yrs with that car will be like for ever.i bought my first car last Yr August.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ford101: 12:26am On Apr 23, 2022
HarunaWest:
I don't reside in Lagos dude, I reside in Abuja. My movement is routine and their are vehicles and cabs all around. How much is a second vehicle nowadays sef 2M and above so what you talking about dude?
Not everyone likes stress and I am one of those dude.
you have mental health issues if you think driving in abuja is stress.check your self.an automatic car is just like playing video game.be it racing games or fps.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by HarunaWest(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2022
ford101:
you have mental health issues if you think driving in anuja is stress.check your self.an automatic car is just like playing video game.be it racing games or fps.
Where is anuja dude? I said I don't like driving and you say I gat mental health issues. I hope all is well with you aboki. I ain't the cause of your frustration or depression. Swerve
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ford101: 12:31am On Apr 23, 2022
HarunaWest:
Where is anuja dude? I said I don't like driving and you say I gat mental health issues. I hope all is well with you aboki. I ain't the cause of your frustration or depression. Swerve
you can't even afford a corolla cos it's 3.2million now.so keep fooling ur self
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by ford101: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2022
HarunaWest:
all this poor mararaba boys.keep fooling your self.
Re: Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? by anjelicamove: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2022
When we talk about racing then 1st thing comes into mind these days is Simulation Racing Games. I also get my game package from https://betasimracing.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / #KogiInauguration: Fatal Tipper Accident At Kogi Highway (Graphic Pics) / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.