Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call (39187 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by NaijaCuzin: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hmm
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Nahunger(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
shocked
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Realist12: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Thank God he didn't board the train , it would have heated the polity and could have raised a reprisal . Not saying one life is more important than others.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Noshitboi(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Igwe tell us your jazz gave u emergency signal

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Frankiss44(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
Realist12:
Thank God he didn't board the train , it would have heated the polity and could have raised a reprisal . Not saying one life is more important than others.

Am telling you.. Naija for boil oh

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by basty: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
The people that knew about the intended evil must have called him

16 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Adolfhitler001: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ogbodobeogbodo:
The terrorists must thank their stars that nothing happened to you, the civil war the terrorists have drumming for a while now could have exploded before their eyes, Meanwhile, Nigeria is gone forever.
baba no ever pray for civil war o at least not now because the north have the advantage,ready made fighters on ground,they don't even need the help of the military which still belong to them to ovarun the south,you can't fight people that have nothing to live for

8 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Jaapu: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ogbodobeogbodo:
The terrorists must thank their stars that nothing happened to you, the civil war the terrorists have drumming for a while now could have exploded before their eyes, Meanwhile, Nigeria is gone forever.

Chest beating as usual. The monkey you people call your supreme leader is languishing in DSS custody.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
To God be the glory
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by nazicartel(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
basty:
The people that knew about the intended evil must have called him
There's something going on in this country which we don't know.... They knew his death would've caused more harm to the already battered country and they called him to abort the country...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Jaapu: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Realist12:

When the mad terrorist in the east killed Gulak. Where was the reprisal. Reprisal on who self. Forget matter for Mathias.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by beautyfunke(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, revealed that he was to board the Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked on Monday, March 28, but a phone call caused him to abort the journey.

The Attack left some of the passengers dead, others injured and many still unaccounted for.

Speaking on Saturday, April 2, when Igbo leaders under the aegis of Ahamefuna Socio-cultural organisation converged in Enugu, Igwe Achebe said he did not board the train because of a phone call inviting him for an emergency.

He said: "I was among the passengers meant to be on the train last Monday because I had a meeting I was supposed to be attending. I was already at the train station when I got a call over an emergency and I had to leave the station to attend to it."

The monarch decried the increasing insecurity situation in the country.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/how-phone-call-saved-me-from-boarding-attacked-train-obi-of-onitsha-speaks.html
you don't need to brag, is becos the time for you to live the earth has not come, when the time comes death will take you away
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by egunna(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, revealed that he was to board the Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked on Monday, March 28, but a phone call caused him to abort the journey.

The Attack left some of the passengers dead, others injured and many still unaccounted for.

Speaking on Saturday, April 2, when Igbo leaders under the aegis of Ahamefuna Socio-cultural organisation converged in Enugu, Igwe Achebe said he did not board the train because of a phone call inviting him for an emergency.

He said: "I was among the passengers meant to be on the train last Monday because I had a meeting I was supposed to be attending. I was already at the train station when I got a call over an emergency and I had to leave the station to attend to it."

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/how-phone-call-saved-me-from-boarding-attacked-train-obi-of-onitsha-speaks.html
it is ur brothers dat suplly d bandits with drugs.it is still ur brothers dat provide d weapons.so just tell us some one called you to alert u of d danger and u aborted your trip.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by od501: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

The retaliation would have been intense.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by od501: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

The retaliation would have been intense. Na all this Hausa people in Onitsha I dey pity sef.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Realist12: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Jaapu:

When the mad terrorist in the east killed Gulak. Where was the reprisal. Reprisal on who self. Forget matter for Mathias.
as a Nigerian that you don't need form ignorance. The doctor's death sent a message to the system through social media , talkless of a Monarch . We won't be having this discussion by now. Buildings/markets would have been razed, road blocked etc

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Iykoto86(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
heniford2:
E 4 bloody as in the mass killing that would have start in east had it been den kill did man undecidedI no say na fake him dey find attention
i dont even want to imagine how things would have played out.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Deltatoto: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

no be phone call jor.e good to Dey spiritual.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Cantonese: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Waohhh.

Let’s thank God for saving him.

For the injured we pray for speedy recovery. For those who lost their lives, may the Lord show mercy and grant the families the strength to bear.

For the vampires, may they and their families suffer such and worse loses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Cantonese: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
Emuforlife1:
You were supposed to attend a meeting in Enugu, but the Train is from Abuja enroute Kaduna na abi na only me no understand this thing?

How could you understand when you did not take your time to read very well?

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by ZIAZI(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
Igwe Alfred Achebe, you be fine man abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by buckeyemedia: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Reading along....

The gods must have been involved.

But ultimately, it was the hand of the Supreme God that saved you.
Ohaneze would have labeled it a deliberate attack against the East.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by izubext007: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ur ancestors are pleased with you
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by nnamdi640: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Kingpele:
God saved you, well I have never seen where a government will spend billions of borrowed China money to build a modern railway lines and trains without further protecting it from terrorists attack with technology atleast bomb detectors should have prevented this unwarranted deaths and pains but trust mr integrity and his clueless gangs of ministers, they will still leave the other tracks unattended until similar situation occur..since the beginning of this regime it has been from one problem to another..though PDP is equally useless, we should try our best to remove this badluck of a party next year if we desire to live out our life's span and pdp is not an option
That project will tell you that Buhari and his fellow have hidden agenda. No sensible government will embark on such project. He borrowed billions of dollars just to construct railway to Niger that are suffering from abject poverty meanwhile thesame foolish man is claiming that there is no money to pay ASUU and students are at home wasting their precious time waiting for the strike to end

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
The trigger was really not pulled. Coincidence no dey our dictionary o...someone saved a civil war with that call. Menh! Thank God you did board o...IPOB for don wet everywhere with Nigerians and Chadians blood thinking that they are their really competitors.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by freshkpomo(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
ignis:
This country is sinking deeply by the day.
Mannabbqgrill Freestuffsng Useni1 ilovedemmanna Benuejosh seunmsg azeez
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by aylipple: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
If the foremost traditional ruler had boarded the ill-fated & anything happened to him, first, it would've been massive propaganda tool by the terrorists & then, led to an uncontrolled breakdown of law & order because how do you start explaining that the Obi of Onitsha was kidnapped, killed or suffered GSI while on transit to a northern state?

Meanwhile, much as the Obi is a very humble & unassuming traditional ruler, inspite his protestations, his position requires he should avoid certain modes of transportation within the country especially in these trying times. May God continue to protect the Obi of Onitsha.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by derecho(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
According to the post, he was supposed to join the Kaduna-bound train and was already at the train station to board the train but got a call for an emergency meeting at Enugu.Hence the change of plan
Emuforlife1:
You were supposed to attend a meeting in Enugu, but the Train is from Abuja enroute Kaduna na abi na only me no understand this thing?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Enemyofpeace: 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
That's why I always tell people that people don't die before their time, you only die at your appointed time

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Bomaye7(m): 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
illicit:
Thank God

Another civil war averted
asin eeh thank God ooh. Agbojidi long may you live

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Adeyeye Enitan's Coronation As Ooni Of Ife / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People / Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.