Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call (39175 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Odumogu03: 12:07am On Apr 03, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:
The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, revealed that he was to board the Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked on Monday, March 28, but a phone call caused him to abort the journey.

The Attack left some of the passengers dead, others injured and many still unaccounted for.

Speaking on Saturday, April 2, when Igbo leaders under the aegis of Ahamefuna Socio-cultural organisation converged in Enugu, Igwe Achebe said he did not board the train because of a phone call inviting him for an emergency.

He said: "I was among the passengers meant to be on the train last Monday because I had a meeting I was supposed to be attending. I was already at the train station when I got a call over an emergency and I had to leave the station to attend to it."

The monarch decried the increasing insecurity situation in the country.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/how-phone-call-saved-me-from-boarding-attacked-train-obi-of-onitsha-speaks.html

The gods are wise �
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by JUMO95: 1:10am On Apr 03, 2022
lucky you
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by SWATMan: 1:47am On Apr 03, 2022
kingemaker:

What if the train was attacked because they thought he was on-board? Yes, I am a conspiracy theorist and we are not always incorrect wink

grin grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by EdwardRandy(m): 2:34am On Apr 03, 2022
Adolfhitler001:
baba no ever pray for civil war o at least not now because the north have the advantage,ready made fighters on ground,they don't even need the help of the military which still belong to them to ovarun the south,you can't fight people that have nothing to live for
All this your yarn na rubbish. So we for mellow in cowardice if say dem kill our Obi? Because we no want civil war? Funny! How many ready made fighters did we have during the first war the whole Nigeria was against us? Not to talk of now the Fulani is clearly the aggressor here, and most Nigerians against them.

The fulanis/Hausas are lucky nothing happened to Obi, otherwise the reprisals would have started in Onitsha. We no sabi differentiate between the two tribes when e don red.

The East is the reason why the herdsmen are having difficulties over running the entire south.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by EdwardRandy(m): 2:44am On Apr 03, 2022
Jaapu:

Chest beating as usual. The monkey you people call your supreme leader is languishing in DSS custody.
Mugu, I know even if bandits break into the house of Ooni of ife or Alafin of oyo and murder him you people will not lift a finger to fight your masters because cowardice is ingrained in your DNA and that of your forefathers.

We don’t need Kanu’s permission to massacre the fulanis had they killed Obi. We have done it before countlessly and would do it again if the need arises without minding the consequences.

The last thing you should expect from an Igbo man is cowardice in the face of injustice. Now run along idiot and go worship your masters up north

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by EdwardRandy(m): 2:52am On Apr 03, 2022
Jaapu:

When the mad terrorist in the east killed Gulak. Where was the reprisal. Reprisal on who self. Forget matter for Mathias.
First of all Gulak’s death was politically motivated which everyone knew, even the government of imo state confirmed it.

So you wan dey compare gulak with Obi of onitsha? A ceremonial king in the heart of Igbo land? You must be a foolish goat.

Whoever called Obi off the train is wiser than you cos they understand what the igbos will do to northerners in the East had Obi died in the train.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by bewla(m): 5:12am On Apr 03, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Reading along....

The gods must have been involved.

[i]But ultimately, it was the hand of the Supreme God that savkkkkkkkkiku/i]
Think

They no this military Intel call not to start tribal war

Any body that think it's just attack like any order
You on your own o
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by larryUG(m): 6:05am On Apr 03, 2022
Emuforlife1:
You were supposed to attend a meeting in Enugu, but the Train is from Abuja enroute Kaduna na abi na only me no understand this thing?
You obviously did not understand what you wrote.
He was speaking to the igbo leadera in enugu about the incident after it happened, it doesnt mean he had a meeting in enugu. Anyways, when you want to get loop holes in a story, this is usually the result
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Jaapu: 6:22am On Apr 03, 2022
EdwardRandy:

Mugu, I know even if bandits break into the house of Ooni of ife or Alafin of oyo and murder him you people will not lift a finger to fight your masters because cowardice is ingrained in your DNA and that of your forefathers.

We don’t need Kanu’s permission to massacre the fulanis had they killed Obi. We have done it before countlessly and would do it again if the need arises without minding the consequences.

The last thing you should expect from an Igbo man is cowardice in the face of injustice. Now run along idiot and go worship your masters up north

Chest beating baboons. Nah una trademark be that.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:35am On Apr 03, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Reading along....

The gods must have been involved.

But ultimately, it was the hand of the Supreme God that saved you.

Na God o.....

Just imagine if he was killed in the attack!

Obi of Onitsha!

No be war be dat?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by MartinsD12(m): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

We Cover Everything In Nigeria, Boss
Na only bad News I dey see anytime I see here
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Sunsets: 7:25am On Apr 03, 2022
Whoever that called you back knew that your death at this point through that circumstance will be too much to handle by the government.
NaijaCoverBlog:
The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, revealed that he was to board the Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked on Monday, March 28, but a phone call caused him to abort the journey.

The Attack left some of the passengers dead, others injured and many still unaccounted for.

Speaking on Saturday, April 2, when Igbo leaders under the aegis of Ahamefuna Socio-cultural organisation converged in Enugu, Igwe Achebe said he did not board the train because of a phone call inviting him for an emergency.

He said: "I was among the passengers meant to be on the train last Monday because I had a meeting I was supposed to be attending. I was already at the train station when I got a call over an emergency and I had to leave the station to attend to it."

The monarch decried the increasing insecurity situation in the country.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/how-phone-call-saved-me-from-boarding-attacked-train-obi-of-onitsha-speaks.html
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Awoleesu(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
The country has become a failed State under Buhari.

May Buhari Nigeria happen to all the lineage of those who supported and foster this evil government on us.

Amen!! Amen!! and Amen!!

I was tempted to say Amen to your curse...
But I remembered my close associates and acquaintances who, in spite of my admonition to them against supporting the motherfucker,still went ahead headily... May God show them mercy, and I really do hope they've learned a bitter lesson!

I feel your pain dude.

Liked your comment... But then quickly un-liked it after a second thought! grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2022
insidelife22:
Let me categorically state that there are some people in our security agency who gives these boko bandits intel and aid their missions to get some of the cake when they are done.
Small secret you can't keep.
Anyway, happy Sunday!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by VULCAN(m): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2022
What a shame that both you and the blind people who like your post all lack comprehension skills!

This is why I don't bother to engage in arguments on Nairaland because less than 1% here can comprehend most posts.

At no time did he say he was to board that train on his way to Enugu.

If you could read and understand it is stated clearly that he made this revelation while in Enugu for another meeting.

How difficult was that to understand.

Chaiii
Emuforlife1:
You were supposed to attend a meeting in Enugu, but the Train is from Abuja enroute Kaduna na abi na only me no understand this thing?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Lekan239(m): 9:34am On Apr 03, 2022
He should be investigated by the DSS, he might have gotten a phone call from the master minders of the attack not to board the Train.

So the perpetrators/terrorist might be ESN disguised as fulanis.

I need a job in the DSS
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Emuforlife1: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2022
VULCAN:
What a shame that both you and the blind people who like your post all lack comprehension skills!

This is why I don't bother to engage in arguments on Nairaland because less than 1% here can comprehend most posts.

At no time did he say he was to board that train on his way to Enugu.

If you could read and understand it is stated clearly that he made this revelation while in Enugu for another meeting.

How difficult was that to understand.

Chaiii
The Venom was not a necessity. Peace be unto you.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by zitel28: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2022
Thank God
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Munzy14(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2022
tit:
(the people who plan the killing, call you not to enter)
Thats all!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by spiffyzaki: 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
I dey suspect sey na people wey organize the attack call you not to enter, I am seriously suspecting some eastern elements in these recurrent attacks in the North, one day the truth go come out sha, by God grace.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by Phaantom22: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
Emuforlife1:
They driver was supposed to drop at enugu after reaching kaduna na grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call by ChebeNdigboCalm: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Loud it...The way reprisal attacks would Ave happened in the east..

No reprisal nothing would have happened in the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie / Photos From Adeyeye Enitan's Coronation As Ooni Of Ife / Why Do Edo People Speak Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.