Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,161 members, 7,957,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? (1559 Views)

Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? / What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? / Strange Origin Of 9 Everyday Objects We Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by jawalis(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
I’ve been left confused as to what the right/correct word to use in describing a single, unmarried woman. I checked the internet (google) and I got three answers one from Quora and another from a journalist and lastly from random posts. Here are the options
1. Maiden
2. Spinster
3. Bachelorette.

So I’m asking our Nairaland Grammarian and linguists, what can we use to describe a single, unmarried woman.

Pls mods help in getting more responses and view
Fynestboi, Richiez pls help.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by yuping(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
undecided This people.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by Felimax(m): 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2022
This table you want to shake so! Are you sure you are not looking for what is not looking for you?

So the one wey goggle give you nor reach?

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by securitywatch50: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
Unmarried single women are called Baby Mama's
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by jawalis(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
Felimax:
This table you want to shake so! Are you sure you are not looking for what is not looking for you?

So the one wey goggle give you nor reach?
Nope. This is no joke. I actually want to know. I engaged in an argument with a friend. He said the correct word to use is Maiden. But I didn’t agree with him because maiden is like a name of that woman before marriage. and not a term used in describing an unmarried woman like bachelor is used to describe an unmarried man
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by Felimax(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2022
jawalis:
Nope. This is no joke. I actually want to know. I engaged in an argument with a friend. He said the correct word to use is Maiden. But I didn’t agree with him because maiden is like a name of that woman before marriage. and not a term used in describing an unmarried woman like bachelor is used to describe an unmarried man

So why do you disagree with the world spinster from your search results?
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by jawalis(m): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
Felimax:

So why do you disagree with the world spinster from your search results?
I just want to be sure.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:04am On Apr 03, 2022
Please stick to what Google told you because here in Nairaland, an unmarried woman is forever an evening newspaper.

And frankly, I don't see how that is the answer to your question.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by HYDEEE: 5:45am On Apr 03, 2022
Op stop causing unnecessary arguments.
You argued with your friend, you disagree with google, now you want to cause riot in nl too.
Op you too like wahala.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by talk2hb1(m): 6:36am On Apr 03, 2022
Okay
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by TheWolfen(m): 9:06am On Apr 03, 2022
You got the right answers already. What else do you want us to tell u?

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by 4words: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2022
I feel

1. Maiden is used to describe YOUNG single unmarried lady ( emphasis on young)

2. Spinster is used to describe OLDER single unmarried lady that is passed culturally accepted marriageable age (emphasis on older

3. Bachelorette is used also to describe YOUNG single unmarried lady or one within MARRIAGEBLE AGE ( emphasis on MARRIAGEABLE AGE)

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by 1Sharon(f): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
jawalis:

A simple Google of the meaning of maiden would have shown your friend is correct.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by jawalis(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
1Sharon:

A simple Google of the meaning of maiden would have shown your friend is correct.
Check for Bachelorette
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by Zonefree(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Call them "Evening Newspaper".

1 Like

Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by VladimirPutiin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Mid night newspaper lol
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by jamesversion: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
jawalis:
I’ve been left confused as to what the right/correct word to use in describing a single, unmarried woman. I checked the internet (google) and I got three answers one from Quora and another from a journalist and lastly from random posts. Here are the options
1. Maiden
2. Spinster
3. Bachelorette.

So I’m asking our Nairaland Grammarian and linguists, what can we use to describe a single, unmarried woman.

Pls mods help in getting more responses and view
Fynestboi, Richiez pls help.

A maiden is a virgin.
A spinster has been sinned severally, fvcked severally and abandoned by men.
While a Bachelorette is an old cargo who has been ran thru and will definitely end up unmarried.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by juman(m): 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
4words:
I feel

1. Maiden is used to describe YOUNG single unmarried lady ( emphasis on young)

2. Spinster is used to describe OLDER single unmarried lady that is passed culturally accepted marriageable age (emphasis on older

3. Bachelorette is used also to describe YOUNG single unmarried lady or one within MARRIAGEBLE AGE ( emphasis on MARRIAGEABLE AGE)

Cheers

Okaaayyy.
So I be maiden.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by juman(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2022
jamesversion:

A maiden is a virgin.
A spinster has been sinned severally, fvcked severally and abandoned by men.
While a Bachelorette is an old cargo who has been ran thru and will definitely end up unmarried.

Kai, you generalized things.
You are wrong.
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by Nicepoker(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
Evening newspaper
Re: What Can We Use To Describe A Single Unmarried Woman? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2022
Evening Newspaper

(1) (Reply)

Free Degree / Masters Online / Uni Of Portsmouth Vs Uni Of Aberdeen / Scholarship For Physically Challenged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.