Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,079 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? (17388 Views)

Biblical Miracles Are Fraud. / Why Are The Scriptures In The Bible Not Happening Now? / Is Miracles Not Working Anymore (coronavirus Pandemic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2022
They were fairytales

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Myer(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Hmm...

One major reason is because God cannot commit to the church more than the church commits to Him.

It's the measure one uses that would be used to measure back to him.

Those in Bible committed everything, more or less, to God, hence God reciprocate the gesture and committed much to them.

But today it's very different as people in the churches, including the leaders, don't commit as much to God as they did in those days, hence God measures back sparingly to them.

God bless.

In the Bible God never needed everyone to commit to him before he performed miracles.
He only needed one person.

In the time of Moses, in fact Moses never committed to God, he even ran far away from Him but Gof had selected him by predestination to deliver Israel from Egypt. And through him the Bible mentions some of the greats miracles God performed.

During the time of Jesus, in fact they was more corruption in the church leadership in Israel than what we experience today, but that didn't stop Jesus from performing miracles.

Let's stop assuming God does not break his rules. In fact a miracle simply means God broke his own rules.
So he doesn't need commitment of everyone. He just needs a committed person/vessel some times, just a vessel (not even committed) at all, to petform miracles.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Why?
Do you think they really happened in the past?
hunger don dey make things impossible dis days na
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2022
thinkmoney:

Human wisdom. Dangerous wisdom. Illogical. Please don't over try to support God by bringing up concorted reasons.
What makes it human wisdom?

Because it doesn't appease your flesh?

Here's where I drew that idea from just so you'd know:

Mark 4:24 (KJV)

And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

So if you are yet adamant, it obviously means the wise Sayings of Jesus is human wisdom to you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Okanagba1(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
You didn't prove anything.
You only argued from a fallacy of appealing to ignorance.

Can't otu argue with sense?

Because we don't know how the moon and sun got there yet doesn't mean a god did it. That's a foolish logic and you should stop think like that.

This yur argument is born our of ignorance and the fact that you don't know science because science actually knows how the sun and moon got there
I know u need evidence from science--research this then

MAJESTIC 12
THEORY OF DESIGN
THOMAS HORN:RETURN OF THE NEPHILIM
CHUCK MISLER-DESIGN OF THE CELL
All science driven ARGUMENTS. please the knowledge dat abounds on earth is masive only for one reasonp! THERE SHAL BE NO EXCUSE-NO PLACE4 ASUMPTION

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Electrochemistry(m): 9:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Because today, man's heart is far away from God more than ever before. Those who draw near to God today actually experience God's intervention everyday. I remember the day I boarded a bus at Offa heading to Ilorin I didn't know I had no money on me. It's halfway through the journey that I realized there was nothing on me. I was so worried and apprehensive. I didn't know what to tell the bus conductor. Seconds before getting to the bus terminus, we were asked to pay our fares from the back seat. I was at the seat next to the back. A man behind me paid for two people and when the conductor asked him who he's paying for, he pointed to me. I was completely taken aback because I neither knew the man nor chatted my delimma with him throughout the journey. It was as if the man was sent to address that very situation. Till today it remains one of the greatest surprises to me. So, there are miracles everywhere, only those who experience them know.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by shinealight(m): 9:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Drastick:
Becos everything has been bastardized. Pastors no longer seek GOD, but money.

Exactly!! We are now so far from the ways of the Lord…..how can miracles happen?
The Lord’s Messengers only incline towards those human beings who obey His Laws and observe His Commandmennts on Earth….not all these minions of the Darkness we have all over the place indulging in all sorts of vices like kidnapping, ritual murders, etc….all in the name of Money.
Man must now choose between God and Mammon ….there’s no middle ground. Those unable to make the right choice are heading for eternal damnation which means erasure of their names from the Book of Life!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Okanagba1(m): 9:58am On Apr 03, 2022
Paxxcarl:
They were fairytales
IS DAT WAT U TINK REALY, IN THIS ERA OF KNOWLEGE, RESEARCH THOMAS HORN:RISE OF THE NEPHILIM and see the scientific aspect of the bible
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Benbellamor: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2022
Thank you for this question, because the answer will expose the pentecostals that are misleading people from the bible teachings but twist it to prosperity avenue,
the Answer to why we dont have miracles and prophecies like the old days was right inside the bible, lets read:
Corinthians 13:8-10 NKJV
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away

All miracles, prophesies associated with christ followers has ceased after all the apostles and early christ followers died, what remains as a sign of true christ followers is Love, any church that classifies its members and does not make its members love and help each others like the apostles did is not of Christ. a bigger miracle will be perfomed with the coming of christ, while love will be a trade mark of True christ followers

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Johel(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
You didn't prove anything.
You only argued from a fallacy of appealing to ignorance.

Can't otu argue with sense?

Because we don't know how the moon and sun got there yet doesn't mean a god did it. That's a foolish logic and you should stop think like that.

This yur argument is born our of ignorance and the fact that you don't know science because science actually knows how the sun and moon got there

Smh...I'm not the cause of your problems sha, sort it yourself...cheers
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Okanagba1(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2022
my final take is simple this -STOP BEING A I HEAR SAY THEM SAY.
STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED, EVEN ATHEIST ARE BEING DEFEATED THIS DAYS, ASK FOR THE GREATEST POWER MADE AVAILABLE TO MAN THAT IS GREATER THAN THE UNIVERSE--THE HOLY SPIRIT OF YESHUA AND RECEIVE POWER OVER ALL DIMENSIONS OF THIS REALM CALLED EARTH

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Hezmatosky: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2022
You are asking about someone who's everything belongs to. One who made life and death. One who created the world with his mouth, when he said let there be light and there was light. One who controls and oversees everything. One who knows your tomorrow. One who can communicates with your mind. One who's everything respect, living or non living things.
God performs miracle everyday. And the same miracles of old.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by IbileIfe: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2022
There is a reason for every season.
Miracles don't just happen.
Miracles are divine interventions of last resort when all other human efforts have failed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Killermamba: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Why?

Sin
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by techWriter3: 10:12am On Apr 03, 2022
Because the tales are scam and they never transpired

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Okanagba1(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2022
GOD IS ALIVE!!
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by greatness77: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2022
Orlu13:
Please how do I make post on nairaland...pls help
once u open nairaland, go to d section dat corresponds to your post if its crime,romance,politics etc just open d one dat relates to your post then scroll down slowly u will see where they wrote "create your topic" then click on it once it open scroll down again u will see something like "subject" click d box and write d headline of your post and scroll down again u will see bigger box dats where u will give us d full gist then u upload it, but it will remain their until d moderators will move it to front page

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Okanagba1(m): 10:15am On Apr 03, 2022
techWriter3:
Because the tales are scam and they never transpired
I LAUGH

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Novemberaura(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2022
Simply because it did never happen
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by BelovedofLord: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Why?

+++

Miracles are real and i'm a living witness..............

+++

Three times so far in my lifetime, apart from the miracles the "LORD" wrought on people using me, as an instrument!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

We probably don't just hear about them.

Most of the celebrity pastor's, who are online and on TV, are simply showmen. Sow seed to be blessed etc.

The real men of God are not on TV. They do not have a huge following. They are probably in some rural area. I hope the media never find and taint them.

This is a wrong thing to say
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by seyz91(m): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2022
They are busy carrying cocaine
HarunaWest:
where are the prophets?
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Broveens42(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2022
IbileIfe:
There is a reason for every season.
Miracles don't just happen.
Miracles are divine interventions of last resort when all other human efforts have failed.

When it happens, it's called miracle, when it doesn't happen it's called "waiting patiently for His time"

I laugh in Greek grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by CaveAdullam: 10:33am On Apr 03, 2022
Jennyclay:
Not all pastors who are online and on TV are "showmen" or "celebrity"

People are just blind to see miracles or adamant to believe in miracles

A woman shared a testimony and she said... She cooked with an empty gas.

Another woman also shared a testimony and she said... Her generator operated with an empty fuel for hours.

Most people didn't believe them, they will rather make jest of them.

Now ask yourself.. What if their testimonies were true??

Me too.

"I make both international and local calls without any sim card in my phone. I normally experience this once in four months because it is that time I carryout intense fasting and prayer".

"A friend of mine travelled from Abuja to Lagos in 1hour with foot. He told me the spirit of Elijah came upon him after he vowed to God that the money he is going to receive in Lagos will be used to fund a church project".

"I even know of a faraway neighbor that mistook water for kerosene in his stove. He used water to cook for three days until the Lord opened his eyes".

"These miracles are very plenty".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Jen96: 10:33am On Apr 03, 2022
I was praying someone answered this so I don't stress myself to type but well no one did and I will be unfair not to talk

A miracle is simply God breaking his protocol when we fail to follow the laid down procedures. As humans we are not supposed to live by miracles but principles.

I have experienced two healing miracles. Last year, I had a heart condition which usually will seize my breath for seconds. I was struggling to breath. I first thought it was sleep apnea because it started from my sleep, but it became regular. I met my pastor, he laid his hands on me and it stopped. When he prayed for me trust me I was still scared o. Inshort it wasn't too instant. That day I still struggled n they still seized my breath o. I told my pastor again and he told me to listen to one of his messages. When I did, I commanded the spirit of death to leave me. That was the last time I experienced it. Am sure why I had to listen to his message is to build my faith. I told u I v experienced two miracles but let me leave it at this. Now if anyone tells me God of heaven doesn't exist trust me I can slap that person. Like really slap the person. Me that was seeing death. The Drs even put me on nebulizer. Trust me u can't convince anyone on Miracle. I just pray u all encounter one.

Now to your question. Why are miracles rare now. 1) Because God needs a yielded and committed vessel. Everyone God used in the Bible committed to him. The Holy Spirit needs your will power and many of us r not willing. God will not veto our will as powerful as he is. Study your Bible carefully. Eg. Even when God had rejected Saul as king, just Samuel's delay in still interceding for Saul delayed the ordination of David as king. God is powerful but he has given the earth to us men. He needs us as his vessels. He didn't come from heaven to ordain David himself.
2) Unlike native Doctors who don't need a relationship with you, God needs a relationship with you. The Holy Spirit is the custodian of the annointing. Sadly, how many Christians are willing to invest their time to know God? This annointing en doesn't come like that. It's just like u collect money from ppl close to u and u know they will give u because of the relationship or let me say ur child ba there r somethings u will give one of ur children n not give the other because of their maturity n relationship with u.
3) Sacrifice- How many vessels are willing to sacrifice to get the annointing? Even you know that even rituals they sacrifice knowingly or unknowingly something must leave you. Read your Bible. When the Israelites were fighting and that king killed his son, the Israelites started losing. See en God told Jeremiah don't marry, lie on one side of the bed , many sacrifices. God honors sacrifice. But we v become so woke that we will tell God what is this. A whole me? Trust me this annointing exist o. I am privileged to be under the mentorship of one who carries it. Am not here to advertise any pastor so I won't mention my church. But when you see this annointing.... You will want to invest in praying n fasting n word study to carry it too. The annointing doesn't just fall from heaven. You must also sacrifice time in BIBLE STUDY, WORSHIP, PRAYER and FASTING

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by thinkmoney(m): 10:33am On Apr 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What makes it human wisdom?

Because it doesn't appease your flesh?

Here's where I drew that idea from just so you'd know:

Mark 4:24 (KJV)

And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

So if you are yet adamant, it obviously means the wise Sayings of Jesus is human wisdom to you.
My dear, bible is a chain. To understand a subject you may have to check what related topics or situations have to say about the subject. You don't just take out a verse in isolation.
God performed miracles even for the undeserving and unbelievers. Gods works aren't based on merit many at times.
Great judgemental acts are also miracles. If Christians are not behaving like Gods people of old then from your rationale we should have been seeing great judgemental act like those that happened in sodom.
God have ceased those miracles based on his wisdom and timetable. We still expect earthshaking miracles in the very bear future.
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Techguy96(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
One major reason is because God cannot commit to the church more than the church commits to Him.

It's the measure one uses that would be used to measure back to him. Mark 4:24

Those in Bible committed everything, more or less, to God, hence God reciprocate the gesture and committed much to them.

But today it's very different as people in the churches, including the leaders, don't commit as much to God as they did in those days, hence God measures back sparingly to them.

God bless.
U don't mean it, so David spying on a bathing married woman, fuçking her, got her pregnant and killed her husband is more committed to god than pastor oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Techguy96(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

We probably don't just hear about them.

Most of the celebrity pastor's, who are online and on TV, are simply showmen. Sow seed to be blessed etc.

The real men of God are not on TV. They do not have a huge following. They are probably in some rural area. I hope the media never find and taint them.
Ogbeni this is cap.
Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by PapaFejiro: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2022
Good question.
They don't happen anymore because the Bible now exist and it's enough to build our faith as christians.
Those miracles happened in that time so people could have faith and believe in the Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by plaetton: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Why?
Same way we should asking why is Zeus and the Olympians no longer in Greece?
Because they all ancient mythology.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by Jennyclay(f): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Me too.

"I make both international and local calls without any sim card in my phone. I normally experience this once in four months because it is that time I carryout intense fasting and prayer".

"A friend of mine travelled from Abuja to Lagos in 1hour with foot. He told me the spirit of Elijah came upon him after he vowed to God that the money he is going to receive in Lagos will be used to fund a church project".

"I even know of a faraway neighbor that mistook water for kerosene in his stove. He used water to cook for three days until the Lord opened his eyes".

"These miracles are very plenty".
I think you're being sarcasm here.

C'mon get the hell out of my mention. Nonsense!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? by hibeebeeking: 10:42am On Apr 03, 2022
It depends on what you believe as a miracles. It happen every day,all over the world. It just that people don't notice it or they see it as part of life.quote author=TenQ post=111605201]
Even in the olden days of Israel, miracles were very scarce: this is why they are called miracles (change from natural normal order of things).

Sometimes , miracles were so far in-between that Israelites fall back into idolatry. Its not so different from now!

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hot Nigeria Girls Twerks Videos / Ten Questions I Have For Christians / My Journey Into heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.