Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card (27192 Views)

My Colleague's Husband Stresses His Wife Daily / Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant / Wife Gets Husband Arrested On His Way To Marry 5th Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Testimony1988(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hmmmm, to him it's love.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Romanoff(f): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Successlane:

.. and it's the coworkers salary that should be used to fill the 'pothole', I no follow o

I'm not saying it's okay to ask his co workers for money o.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Romanoff(f): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Successlane:

Agreed.

Many couples do it and if it works for them, why not?

But the only thing that bothers me is ' ..... came begging for cash ....'

The man fit dey play Kalo kalo
InvertedHammer:

/
If it works for them why is he begging for cash?

/

Maybe the man is gambling?
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Kelechi009: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
Romanoff:

The reason that man might not be able to ask the wife is cause he's into a vice that drains his money.

Think about it.

It's funny that a simple point that every one is making cannot be understood, how would you feel if a coworker keeps coming to borrow money from you? Does that make you happy, are you fine with that? Because me I don't understand all this excuses.

Jan: Roman, please Borrow me money
Fed: Roman, biko borrow me some money
....... till dec
Dec: Roman, abeg can I get 20k from you make i use celebrate christmas

This continues till December. Shey you no go tire?

The way you are giving excuses, be like say na you be the wife cheesy
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Romanoff(f): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2022
Kelechi009:

It's funny that a simple point that every one is making cannot be understood, how would you feel if a coworker keeps coming to borrow money from you? Does that make you happy, are you fine with that? Because me I don't understand all this excuses.

Jan: Roman, please Borrow me money
Fed: Roman, biko borrow me some money
....... till dec
Dec: Roman, abeg can I get 20k from you make i use celebrate christmas

This continues till December. Shey you no go tire?

The way you are giving excuses, be like say na you be the wife cheesy

Lol.

I'm not the wife o.

I just done see many men like that.

One wey I know fit even beg small children for 50 naira to smoke Igbo.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Lepon02: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:
One of my colleague at work came begging for cash and I ask him. What happen to your ATM or salary and he reviewed that the wife is the one who sees alert and holds the card.. I was shocked.
My pipo is this love or stupidity?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by dejio42(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
grin i remembered my neighbor collapsed last year when he asked his fiance the money he had been giving her to save for him (almost 300k, 270 thousand)
She had spent everything�

Na then my neighbor realized she was buying expensive thing lately, from clothes - shoes - phone cases of different color(AND MADAM NO DEY WORK) angry

And my boss was motivated by his beloved wife. If not,I know my oga him for no be landlord talk more of buying a Lexus car.

NOTE: THERE IS DIFFERENCE BTW WOMAN AND WITCH
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by frozen70(f): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:
One of my colleague at work came begging for cash and I ask him. What happen to your ATM or salary and he reviewed that the wife is the one who sees alert and holds the card.. I was shocked.

Nothing like love or stupidity

Noth him and his wife knows what they are doing

And if he agrees that such then he wants peace in his marriage
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Hassanmaye(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Baloranking:
You, the man, the wife, are all crazy grin grin
Hahahhahahaha
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
frozen70:

Nothing like love or stupidity

Noth him and his wife knows what they are doing

And if he agrees that such then he wants peace in his marriage
.... So why going to borrow from another person? If actually there's peace in that family like you ladies here are claiming. Why can't he request for money from his peaceful wife?
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2022
haslaw:

Maybe so. But not to the extent of not being able to consult with the wife when issues come up.

It's not a good sign at all.

Yes Boss,
Its not a good sign if you cant get your cash when needed. But you know men, we can lie for Africa and some lazy men can also make their wife look more dangerous than satan...
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by jaxxy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:

It's not love and has nothing to do with Love. Emotional blackmail or manipulation is not love and can never be love.

Let's stop mixing things up. U should probe further to ask why an adult man gave his wife his ATM and account access. Maybe he cheats and did that as a measure to stop is bad habits or smtn else.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Blunttruth: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
Stephendeals:

He should stay out of it but the said colleague is already disturbing him with it? grin shocked

When quarel start they will use him to settle. Don't interfere with Husband and wife matter.i am talking from experience.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Kingzeez10: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Romanoff:
I've seen this work for many couples, especially when the man knows he's not prudent and his wife is a better manager.

If it works for them, mind your business.

When you marry, do wetin work for you.
Imagine it was the other way round
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Mavrick2012: 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Romanoff:

Like I said, if it works for them, mind your business.

If the man is the one managing all the money, if it works for them, mind your business.
it's working for them yet the man came to borrow money from the OP?

Hmmm ladieesss, lol
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Romanoff(f): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mavrick2012:
it's working for them yet the man came to borrow money from the OP?

Hmmm ladieesss, lol

What if that's the only way they can have savings?

What if he has a gambling problem?
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by sonofElElyon: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
but he should see his alert at least and also monitor where the money goes

Yes. You have a point
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Sisibola: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
Their biz
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Didi2d(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
Romanoff:

If I'm not pokenosing into my son's home, why will I care how they choose to live their lives?

Like I've said, I know couples who it works for.

The wife is the account manager and she holds the ATMs.

Different house expenses comes from different accounts.

These marriages are over 10 years old.

If it doesn't work, e for done pack up like una modern three months marriages.

Stay out of people's businesses.

10/years no mean say dem dey happy o.

OP abed investigate, ask the man, find why his wife holds his ATM and why she receives the alert?
Please I want to know and I know most people here will like to know
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Romanoff(f): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
Didi2d:

10/years no mean say dem dey happy o

So na three months own wey pack up better, abi?
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by frozen70(f): 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... So why going to borrow from another person? If actually there's peace in that family like you ladies here are claiming. Why can't he request for money from his peaceful wife?

Probably what he needs the money for was not to the benefit of the family
So she may refuse to give him
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by LilleG(m): 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
This is surprising though
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by bukatyne(f): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:

Why is the husband begging for cash?

Even if the wife manages the family money, they should work out a system where everyone gets an allowance (monthly/weekly) for their personal stuff.

They would also decide their expenditure and disburse accordingly.

If it is not working for both parties, then they should look for another way to manage their finances.

Any method that would make either the husband or wife 'beg' for basic funds is demeaning and disrespectful.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by SenatePresdo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
saintjimos:
As far as they've peace , please let them be

It's obvious they don't have peace.

How can a man has money and still be borrowing? Now that's not peace but pieces.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
frozen70:

Probably what he needs the money for was not to the benefit of the family
So she may refuse to give him
.... So how will he pay back? You and I know that there won't be peace in that how if he is not able to pay back and his wife finds out.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Mariangeles(f): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:

That man is simply not the head of his home.
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Munzy14(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

That man is simply not the head of his home.
That is how some homes operate o, if not na war grin grin
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by lagosrd: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
Kelechi009:

Thank you sir, married folks people would come to the office and start begging me for money. Borrowing money. They are inconveniencing me because I am a coworker. What kind of life is this? If it really works for him, then why am I suffering from another person's problem. What have i done?

You earn a living but you will not let others rest because of stupid personal decisions.

Don't fall for their begging antics ooo. They should manage what they have and make sure they are satisfied and contented. Let them know that you don't have any spare money to give out. Use your own money too wisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by frozen70(f): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... So how will he pay back? You and I know that there won't be peace in that how if he is not able to pay back and his wife finds out.

So if he wants to use the money to flex with his side chick, she will give it to him, when his family needs it more
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Skmoda360(m): 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lordmech:
Stupidity...

A classic example of Simp man....
Re: My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card by Aaay: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20-Year-old Lady Stuck In Toddler's Body / Couple Burnt To Death In Lagos After Power Surge / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.