Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN (27433 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Lekan239(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
efficiencie:

So will FG block all the northern numbers? Because aboki does not give a hoot about NIN and will definitely have a small phone for making and receiving calls. Unless FG wants to do selective blocking. Dey cannot do blanket blocking at all. Telecoms companies will easily fold up because majority of Nigerians are illiterates and do not know what NIN is or what it is for.
yes they will. But I don't see the blocking lasting, the telcos will definitely lift the ban soon
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Tonytonex(m): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:
They gave everyone grace of time to link up, but some Nigerians are stubborn like goats
what is the benefit. How terrorists have they tracked
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Tonytonex(m): 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
donbrowser:

That's not even the issue. Bandits have been calling with phone numbers and none of them have been tracked with NIN. So what's the point?
you dey mind am. Some people are lazy thinkers
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Tonytonex(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
lightheart:
True.
FG've been warning everyone since last year.
sharap. Wetin u know.. Which FG?
FG dey and people are dying everyday in the hands of terrorists.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Emmani360(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
donbrowser:

That's not even the issue. Bandits have been calling with phone numbers and none of them have been tracked with NIN. So what's the point?
Or maybe the bandits didn't link their sim and now that outgoing calls have been banned, maybe their operations will be impacted.
Let's call a spade a spade, their is no excuse why anyone should not have linked his/her NIN.
Telecos made it very easy and yet some of us has sworn to be more stubborn than a male goat and now we are online to rant
Truth be told the attitude of the majority of Nigerian makes us deserving of our leaders, the little we can do, we won't do it but rather blame govt for everything

3 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by papadada: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Since we can receive calls. No wahala
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Hydroxide(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
I linked my Airtek, Mtn and Glo. But Goo still barred my number from making calls. I no just understand this Goo network o
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by pejuakinab: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
It has been restored
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Legalcriminal:
No wonder that ediot lady sounding whenever I want to call says “you’re not allowed to call this number”
go and do the needful and have access to your sim(s).
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
Legalcriminal:
No wonder that ediot lady sounding whenever I want to call says “you’re not allowed to call this number”
go and do the needful to enable you have access to your sim(s).
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Starzo: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
CoolAmbience:

And who says you need NIN to track location?

Is this one well at all?

NIN obviously effectively assigns an identity to a phone user. Can you rule out the importance of an effective data system in combatting crime?

E be like say you don craze before?

All the criminals/bandits they've been holding meetings with and paying ransoms to they couldn't apprehend them since ABI?...na nin go go help them arrest them...una nor wise at all

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by everythinggirly(f): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
they can block people's lines from making calls but they can't dictate bandits' phone numbers. Nonsense and ingredients.

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Oblion(m): 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
E help me... I can't make calls. But I de receive calls. I done rush post am for my social medias, make people sabi, make I rest to de buy airtime

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by sript: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Did my NIN in 2016, few days ago, I bought a new SIM in one if thier agent shop, they tried registering with my NIN, it was bringing error. I was told to go to NIN office to complain, got there after few seconds I was told that my info is not their data base,.. imagine since 2016,??

I enquired if I could just registere new one since I saw a lot of people doing it getting it immediately..was told I can't register new one again,..

Asked if there is anything I could do about, was told to go back to where I first register for it, the and the place isn't in existence...

I met their boss explained my plight, he was surprised that since 2016 my info isn't registered in their data base,,..

He later asked me to bring 3k to send my info...

Where they expect me to get that money from as I'm still a student....

Na so I take leave their office : cool

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by AMI3(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
Where I get 1500 naira to pay. Why are they not allowing it to b free. Or let people have access to the registration Portal
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Aaay: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Not blocked
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by virginchaser(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:

Na You, your dad, your mom, siblings and entire frustrated village ppl be lazy youths

I just collided with untrained, unrestrained and untamed lazy bug roaming around the jungle city. Pele, biko.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Grateful02(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022
Naso,I dey sure say na u dey among 1st set wey link their NIN long ago.
Authoreety:
Weda them block am or not.... We no go link

Government should do their worse!
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Grateful02(m): 11:14am On Apr 06, 2022
It worked? Glo customer care dey tell me say NIN details and sim registration details doesn't match and that I should go to their centre for update.
DaveHarry:
I go d msg from Airtel around 8 somtin pm yesterday, that's wen I was forced to use anodas nin to keep my line from been blocked.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Authoreety: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2022
Grateful02:
Naso,I dey sure say na u dey among 1st set wey link their NIN long ago.

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by DaveHarry(m): 1:37am On Apr 07, 2022
Grateful02:
It worked? Glo customer care dey tell me say NIN details and sim registration details doesn't match and that I should go to their centre for update.
Yes it worked though d line was initially barred for few hours. Anyways everything is working fine now.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CoolAmbience(m): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Starzo:

All the criminals/bandits they've been holding meetings with and paying ransoms to they couldn't apprehend them since ABI?...na nin go go help them arrest them...una nor wise at all

Wiseman, if you do NIN or link am with your sim, then you be mumu.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by donbrowser(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
Beedude:

It will reduce the rate of insecurity. Even advance countries encounter some issues as regard security.
The essence of this is make everyone accountable. If you like register sim card with your NIN and give a friend to commit fraud or illegal act on it, you will be tracked and he will escape.
Now that every unlinked sim have been blocked, the communication link btw bandit and all sort of terrorist is broken.
They will have to get NIN and link with the sim before it can be used. With that connection, tracking them becomes so easy when they call for ransom . The image of the sim owner is already with the authorities.
With time, the rate at which people misbehave will reduce. Blackmail, Scam, Threatening of people via phone will definitely reduce.
We cant just fold our hands and do nothing.
Lets all support and try this measure first.
Only then we will know if it will work out fine or not.
Some people done have solution for what is happening and wont even support a profer solution.
May God help us in this country

Check the date!

I will be back again grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly / Telecoms Subscribers Hit 153m, Airtel Tops / Man Awarded N530,000 Against MTN By Federal High Court For Callertunez Deduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.