Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN (27359 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by McLizbae: 11:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Not on this particular matter baba.
Bodmum:
God punish Buhari
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Emir01: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2022
donbrowser:

You're wasting your time explaining things to these folks. BVN came with all the hypes in the world that it's gonna fight corruption and every single transaction can be traced or tracked. What do we have today?

Also Remita was meant to solve many problems of diverted funds and bla bla.

The bottom line is these policies are not what make things go right. The people in authority only act when they wish to.

The money being paid to bandits don't have serial numbers?

I will be here to remind all of them that NIN hasn't stopped insecurity yet.

No perfect system but those things you mentioned have done tremendously well. They are many loopholes but one step at a time to block them is a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Shadysen: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2022
brightalo1010:

After making noise here and calling names will you still link yours or called someone that was linked because of you do any of this then you're the real bastard.
you can't gimme a little answer to my question , shame on you asslicker.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by adelaja70(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2022
slickycee:
For the ignorant ones on this thread.
NIN, BVN and SIM Registration all hold the same information.
In nin you fill your personal information , next of kin and you capture your finger print and face .
You provide the same information when registering a new sim and when register for bvn.
Now the reason for this redundancy is that
Sim registration is more influenced by the Telecos,. The network providers are managing this database.
While Bvn Is managed by the CBN
And nin is mangaged by the Government.
Before now, NIN has been in existence, NIN didn't exist because of sim card.

But all of a sudden the government mandates every citizen to link their nin with their phone numbers.

The government just wants to monitor all active network lines in the country independently.
Without relying on information from the telecos .
The government wants to act on their own, without any other party knowing what's up.
The intention for linking NIN is not in the Interest of the public safety.
Don't expect because you linked your NIN to your line, Nigeria would become a safer place, and because I haven't linked mine doesn't mean I'm a criminal.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but for the sake of the ignorant ones, let's always say the truth..
So others can learn.
Which government?

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Starzo: 11:35am On Apr 05, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Oga, you mustn't show ignorance in everything. Wetin pass you, pass you.

So, the victim's phone wey the kidnapper wan use no go dey linked? That is the idea.

So long the phone line is linked to a NIN. Tracking efficiency, and by extension, is enhanced.

As for you using your friends linked phone line, that one na una palava. Your friend never know wetin e dey do, except of course, you no dey do crime.

mugu!, Do you need nin to track location?

Any call location can be tracked by the network. You don't need nin for that.

With or without nin the security situation is not getting any better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by davinci2: 11:38am On Apr 05, 2022
The Mind diversionary tactics of this Government is top notch. At any point they become afraid of uprising due to their inefficiencies, they pop up one nonsense and keep Nigerians busy. Buhari and Co. will not end well.

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Beedude(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2022
donbrowser:

That's not even the issue. Bandits have been calling with phone numbers and none of them have been tracked with NIN. So what's the point?
They cant track them cos it wasnt linked to anybody. In the past you can buy sim without registering it or by registering with fake names. But right now, ur biometrics and NIN are needed. That is why it must be linked.
Not only bandits or terrorist will be affected. Those cheap scammers will be affected as well.
If we actually want to get things right, we need to start somewhere.
We are quick to compare Nigeria to other advance countries when bad things happen but we wont understand what those countries went thru before getting to such level.
NIN-SIM linkage should be new or seen as a big issue.
Only illiterates and ignorant people think they can win the FG on this.
Enough time was given

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Skydweller(m): 11:44am On Apr 05, 2022
I linked my glo number via the NIMC mobile app long time ago. This morning, my line was blocked. I have done the ISSD linking to no avail. How can I rectify this problem? Anyone with an information. Thanks
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by donbrowser(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Beedude:

They cant track them cos it wasnt linked to anybody. In the past you can buy sim without registering it or by registering with fake names. But right now, ur biometrics and NIN are needed. That is why it must be linked.
Not only bandits or terrorist will be affected. Those cheap scammers will be affected as well.
If we actually want to get things right, we need to start somewhere.
We are quick to compare Nigeria to other advance countries when bad things happen but we wont understand what those countries went thru before getting to such level.
NIN-SIM linkage should be new or seen as a big issue.
Only illiterates and ignorant people think they can win the FG on this.
Enough time was given

Exactly now that all Sim cards have been blocked. I will come back by December to let you know that everyone has linked their lines to NIN and we still have insecurity issues.

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CoolAmbience(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Starzo:

mugu!, Do you need nin to track location?

Any call location can be tracked by the network. You don't need nin for that.

With or without nin the security situation is not getting any better.

And who says you need NIN to track location?

Is this one well at all?

NIN obviously effectively assigns an identity to a phone user. Can you rule out the importance of an effective data system in combatting crime?

E be like say you don craze before?

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:
They gave everyone grace of time to link up, but some Nigerians are stubborn like goats
. I swear grin grin grin
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bodmum:
God punish Buhari
Kiddnapper . Unknown Gunman & Yahoo Yahoo boy Spotted grin grin grin
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by SmartyPants(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
kilisi:

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for NIN linkage with SIM and I've done mine immediately the directive was given. I believe it's a step in the right direction. Your other reasons are also very valid. I'm only saying they negotiate for ransom with their victim's number. And if the police really want to work, they can track their approximate location while receiving their call whether they use their own phone no or the victim's no.

Okay, point taken.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Reeb2244: 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:
They gave everyone grace of time to link up, but some Nigerians are stubborn like goats
You are a cow.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Idera9126(f): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
Skydweller:
I linked my glo number via the NIMC mobile app long time ago. This morning, my line was blocked. I have done the ISSD linking to no avail. How can I rectify this problem? Anyone with an information. Thanks
I'm facing the same problem here since morning.I can't call or receive call on my glo line,anyone with useful information to tackle this problem
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Vintiana: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
I linked mine last year but they blocked it still.
What do I do?
I’ve been trying to do it again but it’s not working.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Bigchristo: 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
I have 3 sims and all are linked to my NIN.
government has been warning you since last year and extended the deadline but you guys didn't listen.
what about we that have NIN and the process of linking it always fails?

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Bigchristo: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
knowhowk:
Mine has been Blocked .
Tried so many times to get it Linked ,It didn't work..
Same thing is happening to me here, I have tried to link it so many times but it’s not working
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Sike(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Vintiana:
I linked mine last year but they blocked it still.
What do I do?
I’ve been trying to do it again but it’s not working.
you're not alone on this. Mine too
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Beedude(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
donbrowser:

Exactly now that all Sim cards have been blocked. I will come back by December to let you know that everyone has linked their lines to NIN and we still have insecurity issues.
It will reduce the rate of insecurity. Even advance countries encounter some issues as regard security.
The essence of this is make everyone accountable. If you like register sim card with your NIN and give a friend to commit fraud or illegal act on it, you will be tracked and he will escape.
Now that every unlinked sim have been blocked, the communication link btw bandit and all sort of terrorist is broken.
They will have to get NIN and link with the sim before it can be used. With that connection, tracking them becomes so easy when they call for ransom . The image of the sim owner is already with the authorities.
With time, the rate at which people misbehave will reduce. Blackmail, Scam, Threatening of people via phone will definitely reduce.
We cant just fold our hands and do nothing.
Lets all support and try this measure first.
Only then we will know if it will work out fine or not.
Some people done have solution for what is happening and wont even support a profer solution.
May God help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by dappydozzy(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
Authoreety:
Weda them block am or not.... We no go link

Government should do their worse!

That's what we keep complaining about, Nigerians are just a peculiar set of people, don't obey rules and regulations, and you will be the first to complain about the country's leaders, with this your mindset and behavior can you be a responsible leader, no you can't. Leadership is more than having a family.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by kingdotman: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
knowhowk:
Mine has been Blocked .

Can someone still use ussd services, receive calls and send messages?
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by kingdotman: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Legalcriminal:
No wonder that ediot lady sounding whenever I want to call says “you’re not allowed to call this number”

Can someone still use ussd services, receive calls and send messages?
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Authoreety: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
dappydozzy:

That's what we keep complaining about, Nigerians are just a peculiar set of people, don't obey rules and regulations, and you will be the first to complain about the country's leaders, with this your mindset and behavior can you be a responsible leader, no you can't. Leadership is more than having a family.

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by HunterNix(m): 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
do4luv14:
this Nin is supposed to be a continuous exercise, not threatening anyhow, cos both the FG and the Telcons stand to lose if we decide to revolt against it
Aswr... Especially those Telcos. Imagine we've got almost 90M+ active sim holders/users in the southern region only. Assuming only 30-35% have done the NIN sh!t.. Whats going to happen to the remaining sixtyfive percent? Them go geh mind block am? Then talk about the Northern region...
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by HunterNix(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
[i][/i]
adelaja70:

Which government?
grin
adelaja70:

Which government?
Lmao... Una government naw... Thank god U.A.R no dey do like dis lol...

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by LifeOfTrigga(m): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:

This mumu din vote automatically..

Bvn never reach or do?
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Anndrew(m): 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Canberra55:
who b dis one. How much u get?
lolz 100billions
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by herrlekan(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
I have read almost all the posts on this thread and find it disturbing most pro block people believe that your lines are blocked for not registering for NIN. My main line which is a glo number had been linked since almost 3 years but was blocked this morning, I couldn't make calls. Mind you I have nimc app on my phone and the glo number is validated. Why is my number barred from making calls when it is already linked to my NIN? It means the system is not perfect and I believed I'm not the only one in this situation.

Update
My glo line is working now, they have been able to correct the glitch.

5 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bigchristo:
what about we that have NIN and the process of linking it always fails?
go to the NIMC head office in your state and tell them the problem.it may be that the validation failed.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Mrklemo(m): 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Borrow your network provider like 1k up. They will never block.
Abeg make una no cast the update. Its legit.

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Caseywilliams(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
knowhowk:
Mine has been Blocked .
If they like let them block it, i no go still link am grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Opera Mini For Etisalat Lines / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.