Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide (56045 Views)

High School Student Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Unwanted Pregnancy / Lagos Traders Protest ₦600 Million Loss To Ponzi Scheme Matthew Agbaje / EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by buckeyemedia: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Why invest millions of naira on ponzi scheme without husband's knowledge ?

Does her husband even know she ha this huge amount of money to put on a questionable investment hmm?

But chinmark, You will never go unpunished for this crime
Ipobian done make person commit suicide, Biafra utopia land of peace?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Selfmotivated: 10:44am On Apr 05, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
The crashed Ponzi scheme, Chinmark Group has claimed its first victim.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/05/ponzi-scheme-chinmark-investor-nuella-commits-suicide/
After MMM crash some stupid people still invest their money in Ponzi Scheme. Chai
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Naughtysex: 10:49am On Apr 05, 2022
Jakumo:
Nice try. The man is attempting to fake his own death in order to escape the long arm of the law, forgetting that his manhood lives on, and can be tracked by those hunting for him.
Please lean to read before you comment, or you call someone to help you read aloud

2 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by RedboneSmith(m): 10:56am On Apr 05, 2022
I am skeptical about this. Nuella doesn't have a last name? Doesn't have a picture?

How about her Facebook page? Chinmark's victims (sorry, investors) were drawn largely from Facebook, so I'd expect that someone that threw in that sum of money would have a Facebook presence.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by tragergeorge(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2022
Esseite:
In as much as its greediness and possibly laziness aswell, but this goes to show a country devoid of oppurtunities, it goes to show the people are willing to make good investments but no avenue or notable organizations to fund.

- You go to stocks, you get N20 In some months..
- You go crypto, you loose 50% and deceive yourself it going up by 10% despite loosing 50% initially.
- You go into farming, bandits, herdsmen, kidnappers and excessive stress drain life out of you..
- You go into sales, the economy, taxes and custom duty swallow you..
- You get a job, underemployment and inflation takes care of you..
- You go into Sport bets... See you and poverty having dinner..

In all of this while you are trying investments and looking to earn some extra, you have even lost 50% on bills and living expense.. She was just trying to survive.

na just to go UK
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by darkstar6971(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2022
Oga have you read the post or just the headline
Jakumo:
Nice try. The man is attempting to fake his own death in order to escape the long arm of the law, forgetting that his manhood lives on, and can be tracked by those hunting for him.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by soojar(m): 11:32am On Apr 05, 2022
Jakumo:

No, I didn't bother to read that long story. Please educate me now, in exchange for 100 naira MTN phone credit from me to you.

I will gladly do that.

The report did not say Chinmark founder committed suicide as you thought (although the way the post's topic appears makes it look like inventor instead of investor). It is one of the people who invested in the ponzi that committed suicide (actually a woman in this case).

So, it's not the man Chinmark that committed suicide that you said he faked it so as to escape being convicted for his crimes.

In my opinion though, nothing would happen to him, as long as people will refuse to listen to voice of reason, there is always somebody around the corner to cash out on their gullibility.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Babsolala: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2022
Jakumo:

Oga, "don't drink and drive".

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Jakumo(m): 11:54am On Apr 05, 2022
soojar:

I will gladly do that.

The report did not say Chinmark founder committed suicide as you thought (although the way the post's topic appears makes it look like inventor instead of investor). It is one of the people who invested in the ponzi that committed suicide (actually a woman in this case).

So, it's not the man Chinmark that committed suicide that you said he faked it so as to escape being convicted for his crimes.

In my opinion though, nothing would happen to him, as long as people will refuse to listen to voice of reason, there is always somebody around the corner to cash out on their gullibility.

I sincerely appreciate this clarification. I skimmed over the original article, but it was not written in a way that held my interest, so I simply commented on what I surmised was the upshot of all that meandering verbiage. I thus had no idea that it was a female victim of the scam who purportedly committed suicide and not the male perpetrator. Now I understand the indignation of the numerous rebuttals to my misguided missile. I owe you a beer good sir.

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Jakumo(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2022
Babsolala:

Oga, "don't drink and drive".

As a lifetime teetotaler, I can assure you that I consume only the finest Northern California Sativa hybrid bud, before getting behind the wheel, or sitting down to comment in online forums.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Jakumo(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Naughtysex:
Please lean to read before you comment, or you call someone to help you read aloud

Nobody in my entire cellblock can read, so I just estimate what is written in this forum, based on the appearance of the words typed by writers.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by bassette(m): 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Hmmm. I'm not sure we are reading the same thing.
A woman committed suicide not chinmark himself.
Is this the same Chinmark with office in adeniran ogunsanya surulere?? A red building with lots of delivery bikes??
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Babsolala: 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jakumo:

As a lifetime teetotaler, I can assure you that I consume only the finest Northern California Sativa hybrid bud, before getting behind the wheel, or sitting down to comment in online forums.

Good. At least, you caught the sarcasm embedded in my comment. grin

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Temptee101(m): 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chillext:
Loan apps wants to kill me oooo

How much you borrow this time?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Fearyourcreator: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
Esseite:

Yes people are making it big no doubt, with what volume of capital and what is that ratio of people putting into consideration you are world poverty capital with over 100m living below the poverty line. I think the right sentence is majority are just surviving in all that I wrote.
Our mentality also play a major role here...
Our orientation... Its not easy anywhere around the world... Good roads good everything costs more .... But most of us want it cheap which made this people in govt take advantage of us... Also people dont lift people here... Even their family members ... And also this entitlement mentality... Its just crazy... No true love amongst citizens.. The masses is their own problem ooo
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by soojar(m): 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jakumo:

I sincerely appreciate this clarification. I skimmed over the original article, but it was not written in a way that held my interest, so I simply commented on what I surmised was the upshot of all that meandering verbiage. I thus had no idea that it was a female victim of the scam who purportedly committed suicide and not the male perpetrator. Now I understand the indignation of the numerous rebuttals to my misguided missile. I owe you a beer good sir.

I will surely take you up on this whenever I see you.

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by meobizy(f): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nairaland is boring. The stories here follow the same pattern. I don long learn the way. No wonder Seun long abandon the platform.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
Maxymilliano:
What kind of business is Chinmark doing

Is this the Chimack ??
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by tonyson010(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

obviously he read the headline alone.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Braga90(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
verybadmouth:
Money wey she for just use carry like 3odds. She for don turn boss now. Chaaai
Olorii 'bu!
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
bassette:

Is this the same Chinmark with office in adeniran ogunsanya surulere?? A red 0building with lots of delivery bikes??
.... Yes . That him

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by bassette(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Yes . That him

Damn!!!
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by MickyJNR5: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
John360comng:

grin
OmegaPro.

I have people actively promoting it on my status. I just dey look them. I am not even concerned about that until their eyes go clear.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Oluwafemadepeju: 12:59am On Dec 22, 2022
femkem:
Beware of ponzi scheme, they won't hear. There is one currently going on in Lagos called Qnet. Its a pyramid, u pay 450k and still bring two people to pay same amount. My friend is already a victim.

Direct selling and Ponzi schemes are two very different things. Direct selling is a legitimate business model in which products are sold directly to customers, often person-to-person. This can be done through home parties, one-on-one demonstrations, or online. Direct selling allows individuals to earn an income by selling products.

On the other hand, a Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment scheme in which returns are paid to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors rather than from profit earned. The scheme relies on the continuous influx of new investors to provide returns to earlier investors, and it typically collapses when there needs to be a further investment to support the returns promised to earlier investors. Ponzi schemes are illegal in many countries, including Nigeria.

In summary, the key difference between direct selling and Ponzi schemes is that direct selling is a legitimate business model, while Ponzi schemes are fraudulent investment schemes.
QNET is a leading e-commerce-powered business that retails a wide range of products using the direct selling business model. The company is often accused of operating an illegal pyramid scheme. Those allegations arise from misinformation and a lack of awareness.

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide by Gunayo(m): 1:31am On Dec 22, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
Don't blame him. He read the news upside down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Obasanjo Loses Polling Unit To APC / Atiku Abubakar Lands In Washington, USA - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.