Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Advice Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Please (1184 Views)

Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Please My Marriage ! Advice Please / Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2022
Advice please. I'm a family man based in Ogun state with wife and 3 small kids. Wifey not working(no job yet).
Please I need advice on how I can manage my finances knowing that the kids school fees, rent, feeding, medical all comes from my salary.

I have made a calculation and I found out that my rent takes 28% of my salary.
I have considered moving out to a lesser place but the cheapest 2 bedroom flat I can get is 300k. Where I am presently staying is upto standard, a reasonable power supply, prepaid meter, constant water and the rent is 360k. A good one bedroom flat goes for 240k

Please advise me on what to do in other to atleast have small change in my pocket cos after all expenses am left with nothing until the next salary shows.
Can I possibly stay in a one bedroom apartment which will cost 240k with wife and 3 kids? Or I should continue paying 360k.
I just need tips on how to manage finances cos things are getting tougher by the day in this Buhari economy. Tnx
Re: Advice Please by SensualMan1(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2022
Did u shout Sai Barber some years ago?

Are u a Tilumbu supporter?

You can change the direction of your life by taking a positive decision to vote out failures, esp the old man in Bourdilon that wewee on his pants.

From Ogun, there are many places u can harvest money in Ogun state, a money spinning venture. Just look close.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Please by Cutehector(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2022
Pls your wife should get the fvck out and work..
Re: Advice Please by yuping(m): 9:54am On Apr 05, 2022
undecided don't leave a comfort life you can't sustain.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by yuping(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2022
SensualMan1:

You can change the direction of your life by taking a positive decision to vote out failures, esp the old man in Bourdilon that wewee on his pants.
From Ogun, there are many places u can harvest money in Ogun state, a money spinning venture. Just look close.
For get all this and advice him, even if they bleed blood they will still vote who stab them.
Re: Advice Please by ibechris(m): 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
U should open up on how much u earn specifically if not,it would be hard to advice u on how best to manage your finances prudently and judiciously.

Although,u may have been managing it well but in all,set your wife up and let her start contributing something to the house and lessen the burden on u.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please by SensualMan1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
yuping:

For get all this and advice him, even if they bleed blood they will still vote who stab them.
OK.

Young man double ur hustle. I know it ain't easy but work harder. Your woman should also get her hands on something. She shouldn't wait for it to come big, she should start little by engaging in a small enterprise, teaching etc.
28% of ur income ain't bad on rent cos u a family man.
In all, work harder.

Get ur pvc, vote out incompetency, look out for technocrats like Peter Obi, Kingsley moghalu who will create opportunities for the likes of ur wife to thrive. Do away with lining up in Bourdilon for 5kg rice, oil and 1k.

My $1 advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Please by yuping(m): 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
SensualMan1:
OK.

Young man double ur hustle. I know it ain't easy but work harder. Your woman should also get her hands on something. She shouldn't wait for it to come big, she should start little by engaging in a small enterprise, teaching etc.
In all, work harder.

Get ur pvc, vote out incompetency, look out for technocrats like Peter Obi, Kingsley moghalu who will create opportunities for the likes of ur wife to thrive. Do away with lining up in Bourdilon for 5kg rice, oil and 1k.

My $1 advice.
Gbam grin
Re: Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
ibechris:
U should open up on how much u earn specifically if not,it would be hard to advice u on how best to manage your finances prudently and judiciously.

Although,u may have been managing it well but in all,set your wife up and let her start contributing something to the house and lessen the burden on u.

Thank u sir. My monthly income is 109k. My monthly rent is 30k, feeding, groceries, car maintenance, school fees for 3, everything. At the end of the month am left with nothing.
Re: Advice Please by Mariangeles(f): 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:
Thank u sir. My monthly income is 109k. My monthly rent is 30k, feeding, groceries, car maintenance, school fees for 3, everything. At the end of the month am left with nothing.

Are you OK with your wife not doing anything to ease some burden off you?
Did you both agree on her not doing and bringing in anything?

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by Bounceboune7: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
SensualMan1:

u are just another nonentity with access to internet.

I am very sure u also voted d same atiku that sold all Nigerian companies to his friends all in d name of privatisation.

No matter how hard one dislikes buhari n tinubu u people are forcing people to like them already cos u have over done your madness.

Even if someone complain of headache or impotency u must link it to buhari,it's annoying cos we have all seen u as regular noise makers so it's hard to know when u are telling d truth.

U just blame your frustrations in life on people who don't send u.

Do u think it would have been any better if it were atiku?
I guess u were in primary school when he was vp.
Only a dunce will believe atiku.is better than buhari

Ok u gat to double your hustle that's all I have to tell u

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Are you OK with your wife not doing anything to ease some burden off you?
Did you both agree on her not doing and bringing in anything?
She was working b4 but has been out of work since the corona. She's willing to work but no job yet.
Re: Advice Please by Mariangeles(f): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:
She was working b4 but has been out of work since the corona. She's willing to work but no job yet.

Jobs are not the only option, you know?

The only way you can balance is if your wife supports you, otherwise, you'll be overwhelmed.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by ibechris(m): 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:

U are really trying my brother.

U know when it comes to family matter even after the advice u will get here,u still need to reach out to your wife so that both of u can find a lasting solution to this financial insufficiency.

The truth is,she needs a job to augment your salaries or business.Further more, talk on ways to save and secure your future. U can't be working and not saving and investing except you want to keep this rat race journey a perpetual one.

Similarly, hang your coat according to your heigh...I think this line would help u to explain why u should stick to the house rent u can afford without much stress.

Thank u and wish u the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
SensualMan1:

He was one of d sai baba, I know dem. Economy is biting them hard after shouting sai baba.
Una never see anything, by d time sai baba finish una life, una eyes go clear

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please by Truvelisback(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:
Advice please. I'm a family man based in Ogun state with wife and 3 small kids. Wifey not working(no job yet).
Please I need advice on how I can manage my finances knowing that the kids school fees, rent, feeding, medical all comes from my salary.

I have made a calculation and I found out that my rent takes 28% of my salary.
I have considered moving out to a lesser place but the cheapest 2 bedroom flat I can get is 300k. Where I am presently staying is upto standard, a reasonable power supply, prepaid meter, constant water and the rent is 360k. A good one bedroom flat goes for 240k

Please advise me on what to do in other to atleast have small change in my pocket cos after all expenses am left with nothing until the next salary shows.
Can I possibly stay in a one bedroom apartment which will cost 240k with wife and 3 kids? Or I should continue paying 360k.
I just need tips on how to manage finances cos things are getting tougher by the day in this Buhari economy. Tnx
Oga, let ur wife get a job to support u unless, u want to end up like this.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
SensualMan1:
OK.

In all, work harder.

My $1 advice.

I like how hard u are on him, they brought this calamity on themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Jobs are not the only option, you know?

The only way you can balance is if your wife supports you, otherwise, you'll be overwhelmed.
First time of seen a good comment from your side, or maybe op no start normal husband and wife talk na en mak your brain reset small today

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please by Mariangeles(f): 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
[s]
emmanuelbrown26:

First time of seen a good comment from your side, or maybe op no start normal husband and wife talk na en mak your brain reset small today
[/s]

Respect yourself!
Re: Advice Please by Mariangeles(f): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I like how hard u are on him, they brought this calamity on themselves.

Remember that whatever you wish others will come back to you in manifold.
Re: Advice Please by skentelelady(f): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Plesse try to save up 50k somewhere and give your wife to start food stuff business. She will start from small quantity and keep growing. With this I tel you food aspect is secured.

The from her gain she can start monthly or weekly or daily contributions
Let her do something to start helping you financially
Re: Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

Respect yourself!
Did I say anything wrong? I only highlighted d truth na
Re: Advice Please by emmanuelbrown26: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Remember that whatever you wish others will come back to you in manifold.
Don't be too emotional baby girl, I know that truth is bitter and that's just d fact.
Tell me how radio and TV station are no longer working 24hours again, if not bcs of those that voted and shouted sai baba
Re: Advice Please by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Guy, you are trying at 109k. Try seeing if you can get a better-paying job. 3 kids is too much in today's Nigeria. The economy is very bad.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Please by DontBullshitMe: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Giving birth in Nigeria is a huge risk. It's just not economically viable.

If people in USA are even complaining, how are you suppose to survive here?
Re: Advice Please by Acidosis(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Don't bother relocating. The cost of relocation (i.e. moving your property from one place to another) and agency cost will wipe off whatever amount you intend to save in 2-3 years.

It pays to stay where you are and keep pushing. As a married man, your one month earning should be able to cover 90-100% of your annual rent, if you value your peace and sanity.

I wonder why it took you so long though to realize that your income is too low to run a home. You had triplets??
Re: Advice Please by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Giving birth in Nigeria is a huge risk. It's just not economically viable.

If people in USA are even complaining, how are you suppose to survive here?

As in I see them on Reddit anti work. complaining while driving v8 gas guzzlers to work. When I tell foreigners of the suffering that exist in Nigeria, they say its a lie.
Re: Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2022
ibechris:

U are really trying my brother.

U know when it comes to family matter even after the advice u will get here,u still need to reach out to your wife so that both of u can find a lasting solution to this financial insufficiency.

The truth is,she needs a job to augment your salaries or business.Further more, talk on ways to save and secure your future. U can't be working and not saving and investing except you want to keep this rat race journey a perpetual one.

Similarly, hang your coat according to your heigh...I think this line would help u to explain why u should stick to the house rent u can afford without much stress.

Thank u and wish u the best of luck.

Thank u so much Sir.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 9:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Acidosis:
Don't bother relocating. The cost of relocation (i.e. moving your property from one place to another) and agency cost will wipe off whatever amount you intend to save in 2-3 years.

It pays to stay where you are and keep pushing. As a married man, your one month earning should be able to cover 90-100% of your annual rent, if you value your peace and sanity.

I wonder why it took you so long though to realize that your income is too low to run a home. You had triplets??
I wasn't feeling it much but my last baby just started school so the finances are now overwhelming.

Do u advise I shouldn't move out? 30k out of 109k salary is OK? Matter of fact is that the rent use to be 300k but it was increased to 360k so mine will expire by May.
Re: Advice Please by J0hnTrevolt(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Guy, you are trying at 109k. Try seeing if you can get a better-paying job. 3 kids is too much in today's Nigeria. The economy is very bad.
I agree with you. We didn't envision the economy to nosedive.
Re: Advice Please by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Apr 06, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:
I wasn't feeling it much but my last baby just started school so the finances are now overwhelming.

Do u advise I shouldn't move out? 30k out of 109k salary is OK? Matter of fact is that the rent use to be 300k but it was increased to 360k so mine will expire by May.

Moving to a one bedroom of 240k seems like a good way to manage your finance but it's not the right approach to cut cost.

360-240 = 120k*

In your new apartment, you'll need money to fix electricals, paints, transportation, and agency/agreement fee. The 120k* you intend to save won't cover these expenses. So it's only right to stay where you are and find a way to improve the finance. You'll only reap the benefits of relocating after 2-3 years but think about the inconvenience. It's not worth the stress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Please by Mariangeles(f): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Don't be too emotional baby girl, I know that truth is bitter and that's just d fact.
Tell me how radio and TV station are no longer working 24hours again, if not bcs of those that voted and shouted sai baba

You didn't make any sense. Just went off point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Handle This As A Man? / Young Couple Style Their Baby With A Lace Frontal Wig For The Holidays (pix/vid) / Congratulation To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.