Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? (12633 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / Help, My Guy Needs A Good Advice / Is My Wife Correct On This Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Kennitrust(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Straight to the point:

We're family of 8 living closely together in the family compound.
What happened here is that in 2009, shell company came to our community and and offered us and anyone interested a cheap and affordable borehole. We took the advantage to have borehole in our family compound.

Fast-forward to 2017, one of my brothers conceived the ideas of making pure water from the family water. The idea was a welcome development as we all donated towards the success of the business.

To cut long story short...

When the business became successful due to the environmental position (our compound is closed to border). My brother refused any member of the family an access to the benefits accrued the sale. My brother fought anyone who demand for a share from the sale. Literally most times in a week my brother could make a sale up 1m. In a week.

Currently, he is building another water factory unopposed by the family. Family compound is decaying and he said, he had no concern whatever happens in the compound and that his only concentration is in his business.

Being the last born in the family with negligence of help from the only brother who could recus me using that our local oil well. I decided to pick up a battle of GIVE ME MY SHARE OF THE PROFIT YOU MAKE FROM MY FATHER PROPERTY. The fight no be here. He is now asking us to come together so we can share properties so he can exonerates himself from the rest of us.

Please I need advice on how to crab my shares from this LIFETIME business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2023
Was there any agreement as to profit sharing when you guys made the contribution to the business?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Mhizzard(m): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Big man,the best way you can be having your share in this lucrative business.you let him know that you will be getting percentage from the revenue the business generate.it is better to be having continuous share than a once share

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Mhizzard(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:
Was there any agreement as to profit sharing when you guys made the contribution to the business?
see question
even if they didn't have deed,his sense should have tell him that it is family business so far he got the capital source from the family.even if he can't remit up to what the family may demand for,he should try and be giving the family some amount.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Mhizzard:

see question
even if they didn't have deed,his sense have to tell that it is family business so far he got the capital source from the family.even if he can't remit up to what the family may demand for,he should try and be giving the family some amount.

Without such an agreement, the other party may as well claim that the money was gift, or a loan, which he is open to repay. Do you get the point?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 10:04am On Nov 14, 2023
Mhizzard:

see question
even if they didn't have deed,his sense should have tell him that it is family business so far he got the capital source from the family.even if he can't remit up to what the family may demand for,he should try and be giving the family some amount.

In addition, a pure water business must be registered with CAC. Is any of the family members or a representative registered as a shareholder of the company? Which would entitle them to a share of the company's profit legally? You think things are easy the way you assume them. Some of these things are matters of law.

9 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Kennitrust(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:
did he ask for agreement before demanding money from us. The company in question bore our family's name which is our father's name.

3 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
did he ask for agreement before demanding money from us. The company in question bore our family's name which is our father's name.

I asked a simple question, why not answer it and quit being arrogant. I'm just trying to form an opinion on the matter.

20 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Mhizzard(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

In addition, a pure water business must be registered with CAC. Is any of the family members or a representative registered as a shareholder of the company? Which would entitle them to a share of the company's profit legally? You think things are easy the way you assume them. Some of these things are matters of law.
i agree about the CAC Idea.but for the signing agreement,it a business within the family cycle not outsider.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Mhizzard(m): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

Without such an agreement, the other party may as well claim that the money was gift, or a loan, which he is open to repay. Do you get the point?
yeah,that true.but for a man to have the thought of that is worthy to be in the family
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Mhizzard:

yeah,that true.but for a man to have the thought of that is worthy to be in the family

Life is cruel. The young man brought the issue here because his family member has ripped them, I am just telling him reality, I won't sugarcoat my words.

14 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Mhizzard(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

Life is cruel. The young man brought the issue here because his family member has ripped them, I am just telling him reality, I won't sugarcoat my words.
now i believe.for a man To ripped his own family,there is assurance that he is capable of rip his partner in business.

7 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Dakota7: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Mhizzard:

now i believe.for a man To ripped his own family,there is assurance that he is capable of rip his partner in business.

It is what it is
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by FuckingMachine: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2023
OP try your best to Bleep his wife and watch what happens.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Kennitrust(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

I asked a simple question, why not answer it and quit being arrogant. I'm just trying to form an opinion on the matter.
your opinion matters but it seems we have some fault with that agreement thing
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by xavuv: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

💯
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by xavuv: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dakota7:

💯.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Rubyjade: 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
Anything business transaction be it your mother, father, siblings or even your pastor, ALWAYS have a written agreement.
How to grab your share of this business, if the business is registered in Nigeria
1 ask him to make you a shareholder or
2. put you under the payroll
3 if he refuse 2 above call LIRS, NAFDAC, FIRS & SON on him anonymously, but
4. if 1-3 does not work you have to go rougue, burst in there with fierce looking men, match into his office and hold him hostage making sure he signs a written agreement, while in there, you can break the TV or smash the window he would know you are serious.
5. You can be a content creator for his business and sign a contract that if you handle his socials, you get 20% of the total revenue from the sales or put you on retainership

By the way I know your brother grin

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Accountant

Employment Type: Full-time

Job Description

Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
Maintaining accurate financial records.
Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2023.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: officialjasperberyl@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Agbadocassava: 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
xavuv:

💯.
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by bashtee09(m): 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
This one no concern me, na food I dey find
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by seunlayi(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
Wahala
Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by gabbasin: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2023
Says a lazy guy with sense of entitlement, better go find work to do or go establish your own Business. Your brother came up with an idea of venturing in a business in your family compound and you feel you are entitled to a percentage of his income, I doubt if yourself contribute a dime to assist him at the initial stage. Assuming your brother is lazy like you, he won't be where he is today. Go and find work to do so you can get yourself an income and stop harassing your brother.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by CodeTemplar: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
Badbbelle is ravaging you OP.

3 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by Hezmatosky: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hunger in the land. Man like you is still at home fighting for proceeds from someone's business. Are you for real?

7 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by YourGFsnatcher: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
You have a case, but to win or to lose is the problem

1 Like

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by thatigboman: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Op, forget what people are advising you. You have no case.
Sole proprietorship is a one-man business. If you contributed money for him to startup the business, it is a loan he will have to pay u back. Nothing like family business. A business name does not indicate business ownership.
He started up the business, managing it, u were all looking at him. Now that he is making profit, u are now looking for your share. In what capacity? If he has been making losses, would u have asked for your share.
You have no case my brother.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by InvertedHammer: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
Straight to the point:

We're family of 8 living closely together in the family compound.
What happened here is that in 2009, shell company came to our community and and offered us and anyone interested a cheap and affordable borehole. We took the advantage to have borehole in our family compound.

Fast-forward to 2017, one of my brothers conceived the ideas of making pure water from the family water. The idea was a welcome development as we all donated towards the success of the business.

To cut long story short...

When the business became successful due to the environmental position (our compound is closed to border). My brother refused any member of the family an access to the benefits accrued the sale. My brother fought anyone who demand for a share from the sale. Literally most times in a week my brother could make a sale up 1m. In a week.

Currently, he is building another water factory unopposed by the family. Family compound is decaying and he said, he had no concern whatever happens in the compound and that his only concentration is in his business.

Being the last born in the family with negligence of help from the only brother who could recus me using that our local oil well. I decided to pick up a battle of GIVE ME MY SHARE OF THE PROFIT YOU MAKE FROM MY FATHER PROPERTY. The fight no be here. He is now asking us to come together so we can share properties so he can exonerates himself from the rest of us.

Please I need advice on how to crab my shares from this LIFETIME business.

/
You have no case.

/

6 Likes

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by okoroemeka(m): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kennitrust:
similar thing happened in my in-laws family,the second son built a company in his family compound with inputs from his brothers and when he died 3 years ago in a fatal accident his wife took over the management and muscled the brothers off,why? The company was registered in the name of the deceased and has his wife and children as directors ,case closed.dont expect any share from that side,if your brother shares the family property he will get the borehole and family house,so best thing for you to do is instead of waiting to share from another man's sweat and labour why not key I'm and also have your own business that will utilize the water like ice block,selling to tankers,etc

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? by sisisioge: 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
You better go start same purewater business in the same compound too. Infact, do the things he hasn't done upfront like registering the business with a lil variant of the same name and get all the approval required. Then start producing.

Or comet eyes jejely.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bride Price Wahala! / In One Word Describe The Relationship With Your Dad / Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.