Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) (2422 Views)

Which Strip Club Have U Attended Lately In Lagos Mainland / Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S / Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by stunnert(m): 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
I've noticed the high rates of suicides in the United States, the scourge is mostly found among the youths.

The only explanation I've been able to come up with is that a lot of these kids were going through mental health issues which their parents and guardians were probably not aware of due to a lot of things: like their busy lifestyle, poor communication among parents and child, idleness.

Depression is real, teenagers and young adults go through a lot trying to fit in and catch up with life which comes with a lot of emotional and mental stress.

You might be able to handle a lot of emotional stress but your best friend might have a short fuse for it, people like this tend to consider suicide as a easy getaway from it all

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Uzomacharles: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION

Share your problem

The world has solution

3 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by stunnert(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
More

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by sheanzy(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Probably Russian sanctions are backfiring

2 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by dayoscape: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
Reading this is scary
How will a person decide to end their lives

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Viraltrends123: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Suicide is never an option.

I kept seeing suicide by gunshots, that's one of the disadvantages of permitting citizens to have gun. Even the snipper we have, people are using it. There are time bad things will just happen, and we feel like killing ourselves. Imagine to girls that cry of heartbreak, if they had gun, they would have killed themselves, but today they are happy with someone far better. I thought of suicide, when I was younger, to maybe punish my parents, or punishing an uncle/teacher or brother for beating me, if there was gun or I knew snipper, I would have done it. Remember holding knife to my chest, trying to do it for several minutes and crying, was like 8 then, just because mum beat me, but I couldn't drive the knife in. Thank God I'm alive today.

Another thing is religion, religion is the only thing that is reducing depression in Africa, we would have been the most depressed people. Imagine a life without believe that there is a better place after death, so after all the tears, we are going no where, or a world where all those wicked people that were not caught won't be punished, the first thing that one get someone depressed after bad events(for non-believers) is repetitive actions, eat in the morning today, afternoon today and night today, in order not to die, then you MUST do them tomorrow, and next tomorrow, it's like taking drug for a terminal illness. Then you have to go our every morning to work to get money in order to eat in the morning, afternoon, and night, in order not to get hungry and die, then bad things like toxic bosses, robbers, wicked people around comes in to add to the pain. Then the final thing, you think there is no God watching you, and nothing or no one can help you or even care, so isn't better to free oneself from the stress and pain and just disappear. But, with religion, you know God is watching, and God's time is the best, one day things will get better.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Hezzyluv: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2022
sheanzy:
Probably Russian sanctions are backfiring

Is it not better you read and not comment then to typed this?

3 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Prosperous111(m): 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
The whole world is filled with frustration and depression

If you look around the US their kids are exposed to drugs and peer pressure from their young age just like every Nigerian kids is exposed to making huge money at younger age.

The problems here be say oyinbo parents no dey closed or related well to their kids once they're at the legal age of 18.

Most of this kids are into drugs and gang shit. It's never because they're jobless because once you're an Americans you don't need to work from today to tomorrow before you can eat.

I don't know if I am making any sense oh it's just my own observation oh. Make una no come for my head oh grin

4 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Realist12: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Africans are some of the happiest people, all this kids committing suicide are teenagers, where as an African child is only concerned about education, food and catching fun . Secondly the gun culture over there is bad how could teenagers have access to guns .

2 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by stunnert(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Prosperous111:

The problems here be say oyinbo parents no dey closed or related well to their kids once they're at the legal age of 18 grin

I agree with you, lack of good communication between parents and their children is definitely one of the cause

How many parents even create time to have a heart to heart conversation with their kids and explain the dangers of drug use

How many parents even teach their children a little sex education so that the child is not deceived to make a mistake when he/she is out there without his/ her parents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Dude397(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Depression I think
Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Totilopussylick(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
dayoscape:
Reading this is scary
Several people in the northern states wishes they were not born now.

The rate at which people are being killed unjustified in the whole of northern states is worst than living a witness shocked .

2 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by pansophist(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Western society, especially the US is a very depressive place. If you watch mostly Hollywood and MTV, you may be tempted to think that is how most Americans lives, but its not true. The culture is really toxic, and its killing people, especially those that are young and weak in spirit.

Americans are the fattest, most indebted, most drugged, most brainwashed, people in the face of the planet. You're talking about a country with over 25 Trillions dollars debt, compare to Nigerian debt, we are angels.

Pick a random American, and the chance are high that he/she is on anti-depressant, have thousands of usd student loan debt, is obese, believed in nonsense (eg think Africa is a country), and believe they are the greatest in the world and everyone wants to live there.

18 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by chybyke2(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
dayoscape:
Reading this is scary

My dear, you won't understand. There are times you feel that everybody has rejected you. You look very miserable and frustrated and the only option is to end it all.

As I type this, I'm in that situation. I've been praying in my mind not to do it. The only thing that keeps me going is my wife and kids. When I look at them, I cry because of the way they will feel when I depart.

Please, let's not blame those that choose that part. Life can be very difficult, frustrating and unfair sometimes. Truthfully, I'm just tired.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Kuriosmynd: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Stress from Social media addiction: It can impinge on social and mental wellbeing of a child with 100% and unlimited access to Internet .
Break down of Marriage institution: children and young adults need the guidance, assurance and security of their parents to develop emotionally, socially and psychologically.
Peer pressure: The spinoff is drug abuse, sex abuse, pregnancy, gang forming..etc
Lack of Religion: Humans need hope in a world full with evil and frustration. Hopelessness can fuel a desire for suicide
Lack of identity: Humans form identity which can be a source of self image, relevance and root in the grand scheme of things through strong social and cultural integration, good career prospect and job satisfaction. When you ask the question 'who am I' and no reasonable assuring answer, it can bring existential problem and self annihilation.
Dacadent economic and Political institution: Use NIgeria as a case study, use corrupt politicians as a case study. Use global politics as a case study...u will understand.
The whole world is messed up....

3 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by vinceyinnovation: 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
When atheism and carnality is the order of the day.... suicide will be regular.

When you think that you can solve all your problems with your own mindset and education.....

When you think that technology and good government policies is all you need....

When men are not taught about the immortal existence of the soul after death and live with the mentality of "man die go, woman born another" Suicide will be a simple act.

When you think that having a form of Godliness and religiousity is enough...

But don't allow Jesus Christ to touch your soul...

Suicide will be a constant option till you agree...

As the world grow more Godless and Carnal, death by suicide will be in the increase in USA and Beyond.

3 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Codeye(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
chybyke2:

My dear, you won't understand. There are times you feel that everybody has rejected you. You look very miserable and frustrated and the only option is to end it all.

As I type this, I'm in that situation. I've been praying in my mind not to do it. The only thing that keeps me going is my wife and kids. When I look at them, I cry because of the way they will feel when I depart.

Please, let's not blame those that choose that part. Life can be very difficult, frustrating and unfair sometimes. Truthfully, I'm just tired.
Once felt that way. It's a terrible feeling. Stay strong Chief
Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by stunnert(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
When atheism and carnality is the order of the day.... suicide will be regular.

When you think that you can solve all your problems with your own mindset and education.....

When you think that technology and good government policies is all you need....

When men are not taught about the immortal existence of the soul after death and live with the mentality of "man die go, woman born another" Suicide will be a simple act.

When you think that having a form of Godliness and religiousity is enough...

But don't allow Jesus Christ to touch your soul...

Suicide will be a constant option till you agree...

As the world grow more Godless and Carnal, death by suicide will be in the increase in USA and Beyond.

Deep
Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Samuelkirk(m): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
The answer is fatherlessness and disorder

2 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by siofra(f): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
pansophist:
Western society, especially the US is a very depressive place. If you watch mostly Hollywood and MTV, you may be tempted to think that is how most Americans lives, but its not true. The culture is really toxic, and its killing people, especially those that are young and weak in spirit.

Americans are the fattest, most indebted, most drugged, most brainwashed, people in the face of the planet. You're talking about a country with over 25 Trillions dollars debt, compare to Nigerian debt, we are angels.

Pick a random American, and the chance are high that he/she is on anti-depressant, have thousands of usd student loan debt, is obese, believed in nonsense (eg think Africa is a country), and believe they are the greatest in the world and everyone wants to live there.

The antidepressant own dey shock me.

I watched a tiktok video were a whole family was on antidepressants. They were even naming the antidepressants like it's a normal thing.

It's sad!

2 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Depression
Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by pansophist(m): 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
chybyke2:

This is what I always say here, that life is hard and sometimes, living is an act of courage. By default, we are born a victim. Infact I can make a list of my victim points such as, my parents ain't wealthy in otedola level, I'm not tall enough to be a basketballer, not born in Sweden, I will be betrayed by trusted friends, and even on top all the suffering, I'll die and be forgotten.

Oh, thats not all. I'm a man, meaning no one will save me from myself, no woman will come and marry me and give me a good life, and while comtemplating on my victim status, a dangote truck might crush me as I am going to buy garri and sugar with my last card, and my debtors not sad but angry that why must i die before paying off my debt? . grin

I can go and on, but by default, everyone is a victim. So my guy, we are never in shortage of how wrong life have been to us. Hence they say "rest in peace" when one dies, that statement exposes what I'm trying to say, that living is an act of courage. I don't know what you're passing through, but you should thrive in spite of it. Don't see it as a reason not to live, but to live despite it.

9 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by pansophist(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
siofra:

The antidepressant own dey shock me.

I watched a tiktok video were a whole family was on antidepressants. They were even naming the antidepressants like it's a normal thing.

It's sad!

Sad indeed. In the developed world, the US is the third world of them all. Their media is really good at showing a different story. Their government will rather spend trillions of dollars on military bi-annually, but won't invest in the homeless population, education health care, infrastructure, but go around preaching about democracy and freedom.

8 Likes

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by sapientia(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
chybyke2:

Stay strong man

Whatever it is have an expiry date

Cant offer much but being there for your family is bigger than anything you can imagine

Stay strong man, stay strong

Also, try and talk to an advanced educated priest that knows what mental health is all about

There are twitter handled that can also help you if you can just search twitter

But in all, only you can defeat it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Connected1: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Americans are killing themselves and it's supposed to be News for us.

Please we have too many problems in Nigeria.

If they need a solution to That, they should pay me, I know their problem very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by gammarays1: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
The United States is a country with buckets full of problems but will go round to poke nose in affairs of other countries with cups of problems.

Let them channel their external energies inward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
USA was built on a foundation, God

They decided to drift and allow certain shitty things in the name of human rights

You can't enjoy that kind of lifestyle

The love of Christ is what is holding Nigeria

USA is no longer holding on to what worked for them in the past

Knowing about the unending love of Jesus Christ is enough to make me not consider suicide

They replaced Biblical teachings with MOTIVATIONAL TALKS, COUNSELORS , etc
But nothing is working

That's why you'll see a marriage counselor filing for divorce. Motivational speaker committing suicide

God made us and we can't do without him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by TheWolfen(m): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
That society knows what they doing. That is how they program things and chooses to live that way

They feed the younger generations with bull crap instead of the truth. There is something missing and not to forget they are gradually losing touch with humanity with all that technology, myopic religion stands and mind your business or I call your cops kind of attitude moreover some neighbors don't even know each other or hardly exchange greetings.
So like I said. Something is missing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by wiseone28: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nawa for life..

As an American you get everything but you are still depressed.

We in Nigeria should do what?

Common basic amenities we don't have.

Suffering everywhere but we are still smiling.

1 Like

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Orgasmgiver123(m): 10:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by Czario: 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2022
The death of the American dream , these people couldn't cope with the reality Sleepy Joe has inflicted on the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Up With The High Rates Of Suicides lately In The U.S ( Pictures ) by stunnert(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Czario:
The death of the American dream , these people couldn't cope with the reality Sleepy Joe has inflicted on the country

Voting Donald Trump out was one of America biggest mistakes, the new administration comes with a whole lot of woes and darkness

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Said No, But Its Not Yet Over.i Won't Give Up / Why Guys Will Always Run After Sleeping With Nigeria Girls / My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Invest #5million In Her b4 Or after Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.