Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala (41481 Views)

Picture Of Mercy Akide And Asisat Oshoala In The United States. / AFCON: Video Call Between Victor Osimhen And Victor Boniface / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Majesty33(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Can that Osimen ever achieve what Ikpeba achieved in African football, globally and internationally? His first world just slip through his fingers. Mark my words, he is not better than Victor Ikpeba. Ikpeba is a more fantastic player compare to him.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Realdeals(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Elders too should be conscious of what they say, making statement that could tarnish someone career is bad.
Isn't it the same Victor ikpeba that lost the penalty kick that deny Nigeria AFCON trophy in 2000?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Advancedman(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
would dt ikpeba say dt if the ball goes in? or would he say it if its cr7, lewa or benz did d bicycle kick n missed??
I so much hate it wen people criticize people dt tried n failed, how sure is he dt Ghanian defense would allow oshimhen control n score d goal?? abi na too much PlayStation dey cause dt capping??
this oshimhen n oshoola too like play n get enough positive vibes....mk i rush follow them on tweeter

Ask a coach, HR, Manager they will tell you one thing and same across board.
That delivery is key irrespective of you being the MVP on the pitch.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by SEGLIZ: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Padipadi:

naptu2 you are a respected soccer fan here, well done.
To the matter, Osimhen has the right to defend himself. Victor Ikpeba should not be harsh on him.
He Ikpeba once cost Nigeria Nations cup trophy with his sad expression when he thought he had missed a penalty kick against Cameroon in the final of the 2000 AFCON.
Also, Nigeria team as a whole weren't clinical on that day. From the coach with wrong selection to the players. Osimhen was one of our best players over the 2 legs against Ghana
you are saying that for the reason that someone failed he has no moral right to correct others.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by angelfallz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
How did twitter kill NL?
Kingozymandias:
Twitter no be your mate o....
The site that single handedly killed Nairaland grin
Word of advise , don't ever take your Nairaland attitude to Twitter, they will bury you there o

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by AyomideOG01: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Seyiemath:
Youth this days feel like they can say whatever they want to, because they have a phone and data sad

I will use one nairalander as a scape goat soon

Shut up grandpa
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tragergeorge(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Kikikiki,
You should have understood that there was space that was why he did his "tricycle" kick.
In an event where there isnt much space,a simple intelligent control can dislodge a defender.
Try to watch CAN 2000,on YouTube, watch little moves by Kanu even though defenders held tightly to him..Watch Aghahowa etc

The pressure was also on Ghana and they won't want to concede another penalty. If e no see person tell am, he played like a secondary player trying to get spotted by football scouts.
abegi, person wen two defenders don already close down before the ball even reach where e de,as a striker the first football instinct was to to for a bicycle kick,make ikpeba go kack for shit..no b osimhen make una lose ,all the ones e control up and down for the Field wetin come out?nation's cup wen e no play y them no win am,,,una no go blame coach wen nor even know the time Ghana de change formation for field ,,,goat keeper wen don sell match finish

3 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by enonche85(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
naptu2:
There are speculations about the identity of the person that Oshoala was referring to. Some people said that she's referring to Davido (he is not 40 years old), but I think that she's referring to one of the journalists in the screenshots above. She has had many clashes with that particular journalist.

https://twitter.com/AsisatOshoala/status/1511712108945326085

Oshoala was calling Osimehn werey while refering to Ikpeba's comment.

Ikpeba should go and rest with his english abeg!. why din't he criticize Eguavon as well?, because they played together?.
Ikpeba should getaaattttabeg!.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by mozona(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
goodheart01:

You people always read shitty meaning into things. Even a foolish person will notice it was Osimhen Azizat was referring to as weyrey. All these toxic people sef.

I don't know why u people like to insult people before sending ur msg, I can tell u that nobody who the werey is refer to after reading it again

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Vabasi(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
BabaO2:
I have same view like ikpeba, oshimen tried but not a finished product yet, not too good yet, even in ghana he missed a sitter by premiership standard

You got it. Oshimen tried though but he missed some good chances. He would have controlled one of those acrobatics he did. Kelechi Iheanacho controlled and scored our opening goal against Egypt at AFCON inside the box. Victor Ikpeba is very correct, Oshimen to me was too rash in his decisions and his accuracy was poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by mozona(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
tuzle:
go and read it again, the werey was directed towards oshimen. She was being playful with oshimen that is why she said werey them say make u no dey do bicycle kick again. The werey is oshimen

Thank you but u can't also tell � that it is refer to osimeh if u read again
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by mozona(m): 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
TheSTreetman:

You don't even know how to read.

You that can read.. thank you
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by FuckDModz: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
naptu2:
There are speculations about the identity of the person that Oshoala was referring to. Some people said that she's referring to Davido (he is not 40 years old), but I think that she's referring to one of the journalists in the screenshots above. She has had many clashes with that particular journalist.

https://twitter.com/AsisatOshoala/status/1511712108945326085

You can't buy class. This girl is a stray dog.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by BigYash: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kingozymandias:
Twitter no be your mate o....
The site that single handedly killed Nairaland grin
Word of advise , don't ever take your Nairaland attitude to Twitter, they will bury you there o

No be joke o.. If u misbehave there.. Na woto woto collection o.. Them no get chill at all.. Na there them call Simi, Ojota Celin Dion grin. Lwkmd wen I saw it..
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by phemmyfour: 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
would dt ikpeba say dt if the ball goes in? or would he say it if its cr7, lewa or benz did d bicycle kick n missed??
I so much hate it wen people criticize people dt tried n failed, how sure is he dt Ghanian defense would allow oshimhen control n score d goal?? abi na too much PlayStation dey cause dt capping??
this oshimhen n oshoola too like play n get enough positive vibes....mk i rush follow them on tweeter
Ikpeba was right, Osimhen was looking for a television goal when he could achieve the same result doing simple task

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by maestroferddi: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I also saw the show boating of Osihmen as unnecessary when we needed a calm head to score goals
The chap is overrated, ojare.

Forget the hype.

A supposedly elite striker was unable to score a goal or make an assist in over 180 minutes of football.

Some people said he worked hard...Was he included in the line up to "work hard" or lead an attack and score goals?

No driving run made into the box to attempt a shot on goal or win a penalty....no free kick won in a dangerous spot.

Na so third-rate Ghana defenders playing in nondescript clubs come dey bully the dude.

Naija na noise we sabi.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by phemmyfour: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
tragergeorge:
Shey defenders go the watch am make e control ball,,the only thing a good striker can do in that 95th minute strike was a bicycle kick
Which 95th minutes? I m sure you no watch the match

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by phemmyfour: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I also saw the show boating of Osihmen as unnecessary when we needed a calm head to score goals
He was wasteful that day

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by phemmyfour: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:
Well in my on opinion, i think osihmen should have taken ikpeba msg without replying. Cos he reply, that girl get chance to call her elder werey.

I believe ikpeba as achieve more than osihmen which he needs to respect. He easy to call person prince of monaco.
No, she was referring to Osimeh.....Its a joking way of referring to a friend e.g

"Werey, you don chop today?"

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Watch this...especially the second goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvL45cDCwnU

Na 1minute clip so no fear.

Others especially the coach get get dem faults but na Osimhen we dey talk now.

tragergeorge:
abegi, person wen two defenders don already close down before the ball even reach where e de,as a striker the first football instinct was to to for a bicycle kick,make ikpeba go kack for shit..no b osimhen make una lose ,all the ones e control up and down for the Field wetin come out?nation's cup wen e no play y them no win am,,,una no go blame coach wen nor even know the time Ghana de change formation for field ,,,goat keeper wen don sell match finish

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tuzle(m): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:

Thank you but u can't also tell � that it is refer to osimeh if u read again
if u do play with friends in broken English u would understand that it is osimhen she was referring to
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Vabasi(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Heavensent01:
as far as I'm concern Osihmen put all efforts in the Ghana faceoff but not smartly, I still believe Iheanacho can't have those chances and jeopardize them

but in terms of zeal, Osihmen beat all the players in Ghana face off

we need to to look for good goal keeper at least on the standard of Enyeama or carl ikeme

@the embolden, osihmen got zeal but wasn't that smart, I mean he missed some good chances because he was rash in his finishing decisions. If you watch the goal Kelechi Iheanacho scored against Egypt you will know that if he were in his position, he wouldn't have missed all those chances. Osihmen has pace, stamina and zeal but he is still far from being a good finisher.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by lordprogress: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
kennybuluro:
We install PKG games on your hacked PS4 for 1k per game.

Location is not a barrier as you can always send us your console.

Give us a call/whatsapp: 08110193544.

Check my signature....
So that you go carry the PS4 run abi

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tragergeorge(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
Which 95th minutes? I m sure you no watch the match
oya the second one ikpeba was talking about,the one before the final whistle
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Sheggy13(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:
Well in my on opinion, i think osihmen should have taken ikpeba msg without replying. Cos he reply, that girl get chance to call her elder werey.

I believe ikpeba as achieve more than osihmen which he needs to respect. He easy to call person prince of monaco.
So you seriously think that Asisat was referring to Ikpeba as weyrey even after reading that?Isn't it too obvious she was referring to Osimhen playfully. Any Yoruba or Lagos person knows weyrey as used in that context between friends is a playful way of catching cruise. Don't misrepresent facts please.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by sucess001(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
Prince of Monaco?

Ikpeba that scored goals for Monaco like fun...olympic gold medalist. Nations cup winner...ikpeba was in Senegal 92, before osimhen was born.he is qualified to be super eagles coach. So if he tells osimhen this as a coach....osimhen go insult am back? When people kept saying osimhen was careless with his usage of social media ...this is one of it.

He is already ego headed before achieving much.

3 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Tareq1105: 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
stano2:
Some people like trouble.
It's so clear to the eyes and brain that Asisat was referring to Osihmen as werey and not Victor Ikpeaba

Does it mean that Osihmen speak Yoruba? I heard he was born in Lagos.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Tareq1105: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
sucess001:
Prince of Monaco?

Ikpeba that scored goals for Monaco like fun...olympic gold medalist. National cup winner...ikpeba was in Senegal 92, before osimhen was born.he is qualified to be super eagles coach. So if he tells osimhen this as a coach....osimhen go insult am back? When people kept saying osimhen was careless with his usage of social media ...this is one of it.

He is already ego headed before achieving much.

He should humble himself.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Aystarz: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
judedwriter:
Hmmm....

This is the world cup ticket we are talking about here. It's so painful that the super eagles won't exhibit their talents at the biggest football competition.

Imagine if that chance fell to rashidi yekini of blessed memories... Do you think he would gone for a bicycle kick or a volley?

You even go far. Emenike alone, go put that ball for ground with finesse, knack am one time.

He did alot of that at the AFCON 2013 and the qualifiers for Brazil 2014 WC.

3 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tragergeorge(m): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Watch this...especially the second goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvL45cDCwnU

Na 1minute clip so no fear.

Others especially the coach get get dem faults but na Osimhen we dey talk now.

if I play against those kind borrow pit defenders I go score pass those 2 goals e score ...
My brother that's not the high point of the match or that wasn't supposed to be a turning point....he could have controlled it and still couldn't get the chance to take a shot, sounding like be missed penalty or an open net, make e de form them Gary Neville,
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Heavensent01(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Vabasi:

@the embolden, osihmen got zeal but wasn't that smart, I mean he missed some good chances because he was rash in his finishing decisions. If you watch the goal Kelechi Iheanacho scored against Egypt you will know that if he were in his position, he wouldn't have missed all those chances. Osihmen has pace, stamina and zeal but he is still far from being a good finisher.

did Osihmen shot ever get to Ghana keeper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures From The FIFA Legends Cup In Qatar / Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Rumoured Dead Rigobert Song Makes His 1st Public Appearance(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.