Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala (41485 Views)

Picture Of Mercy Akide And Asisat Oshoala In The United States. / AFCON: Video Call Between Victor Osimhen And Victor Boniface / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by elmagnifico411(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
African footballer of the year when Africa lacked quality players. If Osimehn was old like u claim, how come he's still got lots of energy in him? Na today Nigerians don dey play with football age? Or think ikpeba played with his real age? If a player is really good, big clubs will come for him. Hope u know English clubs are looking his way now and Napoli are demanding 80 to 100m from Anu club that wants him?
derecho:
Ikpeba confidence level low because of the way he reacted after that penalty? Guy, why you dey fall hand na.
I was waiting for you to reference the U-17 where we all know Osimhen was much older than those he was bullying. Maybe, you thought it was beans to bench J. Klinsmann around '94.
Osimehn is like a one-eyed man in the midst of the blind. Don't be surprised if it was back then, he wouldn't have don the Jersey for the senior team.If not for the unceremonious retirement of some of our players, who will dash Osimhen number 9 Jersey now? He prolly would have just finished with U-23 and would have been exposed.

Forget the hype, Osimhen no reach.Na average player with gragra
I hope you didn't forget he was African Footballer of The Year?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Karmaisme(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Seyiemath:
Youth this days feel like they can say whatever they want to, because they have a phone and data sad

I will use one nairalander as a scape goat soon

You can use Dbanj as your scapegoat.

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by pafo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
stano2:
Some people like trouble.
It's so clear to the eyes and brain that Asisat was referring to Osihmen as werey and not Victor Ikpeaba

Besides anyone who has stayed in Lagos for at least a year knows calling someone's friend Weyrey is not really an insult.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I think Ikpeba also won the golden boot in the French League. I think he has tried to be able to advise Osimhen.
come on the other thread and see what going on your submission is need wink
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Forget 80 abi 120million euros.Go to China and ask how much Old stars are being paid..Na today we don dey see over priced players for premiership?

You are talking about energy, people have different energy levels and CR7 is more energetic than some of our 20year old players.So that doesn't necessarily prove anything.

Even KANU with heart condition still played till about 45(real age). Take a 38year old Nigerian who has been suffering to EPL and see if he will not hustle more than Osimhen.

True, Nigerians use over age players but their their real worth is revealed when they are in the senior teams-nobody to bully easily.

Osimhen will now be tested in the senior team.For now he hasn't shown himself spectacular in important matches.

Go check Ikpeba 90' goal against Egypt enroute Atlanta. These are guys who can score from afar not Osimhen who if he's not dancing waltz with defenders, he's fighting gidigbo.
180 minutes of a crucial match, nothing unique.

The funniest thing I read was the bolded

elmagnifico411:
African footballer of the year when Africa lacked quality players. If Osimehn was old like u claim, how come he's still got lots of energy in him? Na today Nigerians don dey play with football age? Or think ikpeba played with his real age? If a player is really good, big clubs will come for him. Hope u know English clubs are looking his way now and Napoli are demanding 80 to 100m from Anu club that wants him?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by ehemwhy(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Osimhen should learn some respect.
Ikpeba is an AFCON finalist and bronze medal winner , Former African player of the year . Held sway at Monaco. They don't call him Prince of Monaco for nothing .
Can Osimhen try 3 bicycle kicks and not score at Napoli and they won't bench him in the next game ?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Carlyboi(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Kikikiki,
You should have understood that there was space that was why he did his "tricycle" kick.
In an event where there isnt much space,a simple intelligent control can dislodge a defender.
Try to watch CAN 2000,on YouTube, watch little moves by Kanu even though defenders held tightly to him..Watch Aghahowa etc

The pressure was also on Ghana and they won't want to concede another penalty. If e no see person tell am, he played like a secondary player trying to get spotted by football scouts.

Exactly osimhen needs to add finesse to his game he still has a lot of improvements todo he’s still a long shot from the finished tackle haaland or vlahovic would get at least a goal against Ghana in both legs not to talk of dem Benzema and lewa or even Kane!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Na those wey dey hype am and our yeye coach doesn't know his job.The guy was too complacent because he believed he has no substitute.I can imagine two defenders caging Rashidi Yekini in his prime.
Some are even comparing him with Yekini
Carlyboi:

Exactly osimhen needs to add finesse to his game he still has a lot of improvements todo he’s still a long shot from the finished tackle haaland or vlahovic would get at least a goal against Ghana in both legs not to talk of dem Benzema and lewa or even Kane!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Rockingsonman: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Is Osimhen saying he is above correction? Who else is in the best position to do that other than someone who has also played at the highest level. Those were two clear cut chances and he could have tried something else in that second scenario. He could have scored a spectacular bicycle kick too.

The talk about the elderly not respecting himself does not hold any water here as Ikpeba was duly invited by a reputable medium to share his wealth of experience and he was doing just that.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by VonSmallhausen: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
naptu2:
Victor Ikpeba recently criticised Victor Osimhen for trying to take bicycle kicks during Nigeria's World Cup qualifying match against Ghana in Abuja. The former African Footballer of the Year believes that Osimhen should have controlled the ball before trying to slot it into the net. This has led to the following reactions from Victor Osimhen, Asisat Oshoala, journalists and fans.

(The 4th screenshot is the meme that was posted by Victor Osimhen. He usually posts memes along with pictures of himself).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcAbO0SjIJ5/

https://twitter.com/AsisatOshoala/status/1511706298131394564

https://twitter.com/victorosimhen9/status/1511699439148310528

Victor and Asisat, You know one day you too will be 40 and above, and there will be younger footballers who you will have cause to correct or advise or even criticize.
I hope you wont mind when they insult you the way you have insulted Ikpeba!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
come on the other thread and see what going on your submission is need wink

Let me check.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by VonSmallhausen: 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
ehemwhy:
Osimhen should learn some respect.
Ikpeba is an AFCON finalist and bronze medal winner , Former African player of the year . Held sway at Monaco. They don't call him Prince of Monaco for nothing .
Can Osimhen try 3 bicycle kicks and not score at Napoli and they won't bench him in the next game ?

In fact if he tries it, the criticism in Italy will be ten times whatever he just received from Ikpeba, and guess what? Osimhen would not attempt anything near this response he made to ikpeba!!

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Carlyboi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Na those wey dey hype am and our yeye coach doesn't know his job.The guy was too complacent because he believed he has no substitute.I can imagine two defenders caging Rashidi Yekini in his prime.
Some are even comparing him with Yekini

He no reach to Yekini ke?he was a still far from the finished article to be honest tho he’s very good and talented as a striker but he shouldn’t believe his own hype!he needs to learn how to play as a lone striker and better with the ball at his feet he doesn’t have to overcompensate with endless running..needs to improve on his shooting too!right now he’s pace,power and,height which makes him strong in the air he needs to harness that and work on his dribbling,passing and ball carrying!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
The praise singers won't see the bolded.
The annoying thing is the needless comparison between these crop of players and the '94 set.
The guy needs to be humble. He's just started.

As an aside, look at obagoal in Italy and imagine if he got all the support Osimhen is getting at the national team.
Carlyboi:

He no reach to Yekini ke?he was a still far from the finished article to be honest tho he’s very good and talented as a striker but he shouldn’t believe his own hype!he needs to learn how to play as a lone striker and better with the ball at his feet he doesn’t have to overcompensate with endless running..needs to improve on his shooting too!right now he’s pace,power and,height which makes him strong in the air he needs to harness that and work on his dribbling,passing and ball carrying!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Carlyboi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
The praise singers won't see the bolded.
The annoying thing is the needless comparison between these crop of players and the '94 set.
The guy needs to be humble. He's just started.

As an aside, look at obagoal in Italy and imagine if he got all the support Osimhen is getting at the national team.

Yeah we haven’t had strikers like Aghahowa or martins when he first joined the national team in a long while can still remember his two goals against Rwanda which was his first match for us ..two pure finishers delight...we can’t even be talking bout Yekini in the same breath with these lots his record goals of 37 still stands after how many years now?Goals daddy!he is the all time king of Nigerian strikers!

If it suits osimhen let him keep
Believing his own hype and end up
Like one of those “ what could have been kinda footballers “
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
Someone that should be remorseful and pleading on behalf of his teammates for disappointing Nigerians.

I read everything the Ghanaians were saying and I was waiting to comment after the match only to see one of the worst games in my entire life.

I didn't feel the loss immediately. It was at midnight i started feeling bad.Now this incorrigible kid is reopening the wound.
Carlyboi:

Yeah we haven’t had strikers like Aghahowa or martins when he first joined the national team in a long while can still remember his two goals against Rwanda which was his first match for us ..two pure finishers delight...we can’t even be talking bout Yekini in the same breath with these lots his record goals of 37 still stands after how many years now?Goals daddy!he is the all time king of Nigerian strikers!

If it suits osimhen let him keep
Believing his own hype and end up
Like one of those “ what could have been kinda footballers “
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by elmagnifico411(m): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
We can go on and on with this argument.. u no go gree, and me sef no go gree, but the truth is, Ikpeba shouldn't have come out with those words. If u know what's going on inside NFF with our so called ex super eagles, you'd agree with me. Not that Osimhen was right coming out with insults, but then make big bros respect himself for him corner. What do I even expect from him when him and some other ex players are not in good terms? Mad I make bold to say again, "when he won footballer of the year there were no competitions. He was lucky" this era he wouldn't even end up as 5th..
derecho:
Forget 80 abi 120million euros.Go to China and ask how much Old stars are being paid..Na today we don dey see over priced players for premiership?

You are talking about energy, people have different energy levels and CR7 is more energetic than some of our 20year old players.So that doesn't necessarily prove anything.

Even KANU with heart condition still played till about 45(real age). Take a 38year old Nigerian who has been suffering to EPL and see if he will not hustle more than Osimhen.

True, Nigerians use over age players but their their real worth is revealed when they are in the senior teams-nobody to bully easily.

Osimhen will now be tested in the senior team.For now he hasn't shown himself spectacular in important matches.

Go check Ikpeba 90' goal against Egypt enroute Atlanta. These are guys who can score from afar not Osimhen who if he's not dancing waltz with defenders, he's fighting gidigbo.
180 minutes of a crucial match, nothing unique.

The funniest thing I read was the bolded

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Carlyboi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Someone that should be remorseful and pleading on behalf of his teammates for disappointing Nigerians.

I read everything the Ghanaians were saying and I was waiting to comment after the match only to see one of the worst games in my entire life.

I didn't feel the loss immediately. It was at midnight i started feeling bad.Now this incorrigible kid is reopening the wound.

Ikr not sure those idlers of our national team felt the loss as much as we felt self we knew what was at stake more!and that dumb ass of a coach too you know the away goals rule apply but you played a barren draw in Ghana when you should have taken the game to them and score an away goal at least!incompetent clown!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by VonSmallhausen: 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
elmagnifico411:
We can go on and on with this argument.. u no go gree, and me sef no go gree, but the truth is, Ikpeba shouldn't have come out with those words. If u know what's going on inside NFF with our so called ex super eagles, you'd agree with me. Not that Osimhen was right coming out with insults, but then make big bros respect himself for him corner. What do I even expect from him when him and some other ex players are not in good terms? Mad I make bold to say again, "when he won footballer of the year there were no competitions. He was lucky" this era he wouldn't even end up as 5th..

Ikpeba responded to a direct question in an interview. Are you saying he had no right to air his view even in answer to a question? Wait for Osimhen to retire and see how he will give even worse criticism to upcoming talents!

Meanwhile regarding your comment on Ikpeba coming 5th in African Footballer of the year in current times, i dont agree with you., but if we even had a Nigerian come 5th today wont we be rejoicing? what was the placing of the highest placed Nigerian player in the last awards?

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Aaay: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Oh
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
I disagree that he was lucky at the time.The guy was good. Simple!
'97 was between Atlanta 96 and France '98 and you were saying no quality players? Do you know the caliber of players that represented Nigeria alone (leave other African players)? Are you suggesting the Nigerian players, for instance, were not playing well in their respective clubs or they were not quality players?So Olise,Amokachi,Okocha(minus KANU who seemed to just return from an operation) were not quality players?

So Ikpeba can't criticize Osimhen?Because he's untouchable?

He should be behaving like Eguaveon who has been deceiving the public and giving us false hopes?
Whatever is happening between them in the NFF is between them.Even If Osimhen had scored those goals and we won, that doesn't mean people(Ikpeba inclusive) can't criticize him to make him better.
elmagnifico411:
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Alexgeneration(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
EMAXIM:

Una too dey talk rubbish! How good was Ikpeba compared to Osimhen?
Let Osimhen win African best player first, then we will talk about Olympic medals, cups etc.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
He told us at the presser that a barren draw was okay and he hoped to put smiles on our faces. Even that Simon was boasting. For my mind, I don dey talk say Ghana go hear am, see muscle .Alas dem cage am as usual.

They still had the guts to give out 20000 tickets free.Inviting Nigerians to come and watch nonsense.
Carlyboi:

Ikr not sure those idlers of our national team felt the loss as much as we felt self we knew what was at stake more!and that dumb ass of a coach too you know the away goals rule apply but you played a barren draw in Ghana when you should have taken the game to them and score an away goal at least!incompetent clown!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Carlyboi(m): 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
He told us at the presser that a barren draw was okay and he hoped to put smiles on our faces. Even that Simon was boasting. For my mind, I don dey talk say Ghana go hear am, see muscle .Alas dem cage am as usual.

They still had the guts to give out 20000 tickets free.Inviting Nigerians to come and watch nonsense.

Na the coach Mumu pass get a win or at least score draw in Ghana should have been the strategy!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by oyetpel(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
Is this the reason why Oshoala was stripped as the Super falcons captain?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Caseless: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
would dt ikpeba say dt if the ball goes in? or would he say it if its cr7, lewa or benz did d bicycle kick n missed??
I so much hate it wen people criticize people dt tried n failed, how sure is he dt Ghanian defense would allow oshimhen control n score d goal?? abi na too much PlayStation dey cause that assumption??
cr7 did same against juve n d whole world applauded him bt now its oshimhen n he is getting criticized..
this oshimhen n oshoola too like play n both have enough positive vibes online but he so called "journalist" jus dnt understand d sarcasm dt it was oshimhen dt oshoola was calling werey bt dm jus rush de react like chemicals......
Osimhen was our best player on the field, but I didn't see it from Ikpeba's angle and I'm trying to see it now. If he attempted to control the ball looking at how he muscled Amartey and the other guy, they'd foul him or they'll have their hands outside the natural position and could lead to a penalty.

Eguavoen was the problem though.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Caseless: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:

forget d jokes they were sharing, my point is that, nobody is abovr criticism n not even the young oshimhen..
ikpeba is a legend n have every right to correct the young lad but my problem here is that why did he only attack the best player we had in both legs, why didn't he advice or correct d likes of eguavon, lukman, chukweueze, aribo, simon n even that our keeper dt all played asif they forgot that away goal counts when the score was 1-1...
it was only oshimhen dt played asif his life was at stake, ikpeba should pls cut him some slack..
He only talked about the bicycle kick but he gave him an overall good mark of being a good player.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by vicfajeze: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=Kingozymandias post=111718565]Twitter no be your mate o....
The site that single handedly killed Nairaland grin
Word of advise , don't ever take your Nairaland attitude to Twitter, they will bury you there o

[/quote. HOW WILL TWITTER BURY NAIRALAND ALIVE?JUST WANNA KNOW SIR
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Kingozymandias(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=vicfajeze post=111738358][/quote]

Seriously?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by bizmogl: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Asisat was not referring to Ikpeba here. Werey is an insulting word which means, mad man but it is also used metaphorically or playfully to mean COOL DOWN OR LISTEN. She was amusingly referring to Oshimhen and he got the message, hence the reason he said I WILL NOT STOP, NOBODY WILL TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by ImaIma1(f): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kingozymandias:
Twitter no be your mate o....
The site that single handedly killed Nairaland grin
Word of advise , don't ever take your Nairaland attitude to Twitter, they will bury you there o

Nairalanders there can't try what they do here.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by KingDamzzy(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I also saw the show boating of Osihmen as unnecessary when we needed a calm head to score goals

Osimhen was show boating? You must have watched a different game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Rumoured Dead Rigobert Song Makes His 1st Public Appearance(pics) / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.