Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala (41510 Views)

Picture Of Mercy Akide And Asisat Oshoala In The United States. / AFCON: Video Call Between Victor Osimhen And Victor Boniface / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by gentleguy1975: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:
Well in my on opinion, i think osihmen should have taken ikpeba msg without replying. Cos he reply, that girl get chance to call her elder werey.

I believe ikpeba as achieve more than osihmen which he needs to respect. He easy to call person prince of monaco.
And former Africa footballer of the year,a world cup star and an Olympic gold medalist!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Neddstark: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2022
whizzler:

God bless u my brother, would Osimhen had given this reaction if it was a criticism by Thierry Henry or Wayne Rooney?

Osimhen is ill behaved. With money in his pocket, expect worse.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Vawulence every where

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Maybe he doesn't know ikpeba.He thinks it's gragra football that osimhen is playing.
You have two good chances and he's doing yeye tricycle kicks.
It's clear why they lost... Too conceited
I wish a new coach will come and make all of them fight for shirt.
Imagine an old ighalo with those chances
blaqtom:

Those players you mention nor go do bicycle kick for crucial national team match especially when you losing and 2ndly people do bicycle kick on half chances or when they need to react quickly because a defender is close by..he had enough time to chest.....Ikpeba era even u self dreamt of Nigeria winning the world cup the way they played 2nd place wasn't good enough at afcon...Ikpeba deserves respect

4 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by obedience4(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2022
That's bad from these guys?
Take a view from the European players no matter the criticism you don't insult ex players..
Anyway sha , na so Nigeria be sha, when you get money you don't respect elders

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2022
CocaineLord:
Victor osimhen is good but overrated

I'll rate him 65/100

The last dreaded & skillful striker super eagles ever had was Rashidi yekini
he’s not overrated he thrives at Napoli
Blame your coach for showing no clear cut tactics

3 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by GloriousGbola: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I also saw the show boating of Osihmen as unnecessary when we needed a calm head to score goals

Agreed. All this stunting is cool when it is backed by actual goals.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Bluntemperor: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Everybody eye de red for this Country

Mr Eguavon should have been relieved of that duty- only to be blaming that three Players are responsible for Nigeria's woe,just like some politicians would soon come to tell the electorate why for eight years they can't perform!
- how can an Eagle � team lost control of their Midfield in a WORLD CUP March and up till now nobody is responsible?
-how can a nation don't have Wingers like the - Odegbami's,the Ikpeba,etc,in their days!
- how can a Nation don't plan ahead and have multiple- Driblers in a serious march like this!
- the NFF must show Nigerians how much $( Dollars) were spent- as most funds goes to private pockets!
- look at the Nigerian Marches,no control by the players,as if it's a local march!
This is a World Cup,for God's sake, something is wrong that nobody is taking blame as responsible!
Shame everywhere!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by pyyxxaro: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2022
Bluntemperor:

Mr Eguavon should have been relieved of that duty- only to be blaming that three Players are responsible for Nigeria's woe,just like some politicians would soon come to tell the electorate why for eight years they can't perform!
- how can an Eagle � team lost control of their Midfield in a WORLD CUP March and up till now nobody is responsible?
-how can a nation don't have Wingers like the - Odegbami's,the Ikpeba,etc,in their days!
- how can a Nation don't plan ahead and have multiple- Driblers in a serious march like this!
- the NFF must show Nigerians how much $( Dollars) were spent- as most funds goes to private pockets!
- look at the Nigerian Marches,no control by the players,as if it's a local march!
This is a World Cup,for God's sake, something is wrong that nobody is taking blame as responsible!
Shame everywhere!

It’s really painful to say the least

A country with 200million people can’t assemble 22 healthy players

It’s crazy

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Bicycle kick wey e no sabi do?You need some space to do bicycle kick. Osimhen should have taken to correction. If Eguaveon made that statement and Nigeria qualified, will he make that uncouth statement? It shows he is just disrespectful.
tragergeorge:
Shey defenders go the watch am make e control ball,,the only thing a good striker can do in that 95th minute strike was a bicycle kick
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by goodheart01: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:
Well in my on opinion, i think osihmen should have taken ikpeba msg without replying. Cos he reply, that girl get chance to call her elder werey.

I believe ikpeba as achieve more than osihmen which he needs to respect. He easy to call person prince of monaco.

You people always read shitty meaning into things. Even a foolish person will notice it was Osimhen Azizat was referring to as weyrey. All these toxic people sef.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by rhymesnoni(m): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2022
CocaineLord:

I'll rate him 65/100

Its 40/100

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2022
gentleguy1975:
And former Africa footballer of the year,a world cup star and an Olympic gold medalist!

I think Ikpeba also won the golden boot in the French League. I think he has tried to be able to advise Osimhen.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2022
CocaineLord:

I'll rate him 65/100

When it comes to skillful attacker for Nigeria, Jonathan Akpoborie remains my favorite.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Padipadi(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2022
naptu2:
There are speculations about the identity of the person that Oshoala was referring to. Some people said that she's referring to Davido (he is not 40 years old), but I think that she's referring to one of the journalists in the screenshots above. She has had many clashes with that particular journalist.

https://twitter.com/AsisatOshoala/status/1511712108945326085
naptu2 you are a respected soccer fan here, well done.
To the matter, Osimhen has the right to defend himself. Victor Ikpeba should not be harsh on him.
He Ikpeba once cost Nigeria Nations cup trophy with his sad expression when he thought he had missed a penalty kick against Cameroon in the final of the 2000 AFCON.
Also, Nigeria team as a whole weren't clinical on that day. From the coach with wrong selection to the players. Osimhen was one of our best players over the 2 legs against Ghana

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2022
No be Ojota hin grow up.Many non-yoruba kids wey dem born for Lagos and went to public primary and secondary schools understand and write Yoruba language especially if they love the language
Merchant247:
This guy sabi Yoruba ooo, he still put sign (Amin) on it

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Dotman2210(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2022
stano2:
Some people like trouble.
It's so clear to the eyes and brain that Asisat was referring to Osihmen as werey and not Victor Ikpeaba

Anyone that says Asisat is referring to Ikpeba definitely have comprehension issue

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tragergeorge(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2022
derecho:
Bicycle kick wey e no sabi do?You need some space to do bicycle kick. Osimhen should have taken to correction. If Eguaveon made that statement and Nigeria qualified, will he make that uncouth statement? It shows he is just disrespectful.
so there was no space and they want him to control the ball and shoot like the defenders there come watch movie,that last kick the ball was high and slightly behind him...what do you expect,abeg which player Sabi do bicycle kick

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2022
So because he misjudged his spot kick in 2000, 22year ago, she shouldn't criticize Osimhen? Even in his confusion, he showed remorse NOT like this overhyped kid who knew he was the only striker and the game was a must win. Osimhen should be humble and not defending the indefensible
naijapikin2:
Ikpeba shut your pie hole... You scored a penalty at afcon in year 2000 in lagos instead of celebrating you held your head, referee cancel the goal, we lost that final against cameroon because of you. Did anybody kill you.. confused pundit

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by YaksonFCA(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2022
Victor Ikpeba should apologise to Osimhen for that criticism. He was our best player in thar game and deserve to be appreciated not condemned.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by ablejesus26(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2022
All dis small small pikins no just get respect again angry
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by ZUBY77(m): 11:39am On Apr 07, 2022
I actually said the same thing on match day

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by bizhop01: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2022
Lionel Messi always criticized even when he was like small god to barcelona but he never insult anyone talkles of amateur player, Osimhen should calm down and improve before the will off his street light.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by zyzywizzy(m): 11:41am On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:

She’s referring to osihmen as werey!
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by humberjade: 11:42am On Apr 07, 2022
All these pundits love talking sh*t at times...and then you start to wonder the kinda career they had themselves. Ikpegba paid his dues though.

Oshimen should have ignored.

Assist was catching cruise...shows she and Osimhen be close buddies...and she was referring to Osimhan as werey.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Dmacqh(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2022
I know I’m not yet fit to tie Osihmen boots .
Also I didn’t watch Ikpeba play .
Bloggers love vawulence ...lol. Oshola was referring to me , Osihmen.
But I’m a footballer, I think the Eagles made a lot of mistakes. If I was Eguavoen , I would have played Osihmen on the wing and Iheanacho central .
Though in football , it’s a game of split seconds decision . If the bicycle kick has gone in , we would’ve applauded him .
Osihmen is always in a hurry to finish moves . Iheanacho is calmer and have higher accuracy.
As striker , your first aim is to hit target . And there’s what I call busy doing nothing . You choose when to play one touch , control , or dribble depending on your positioning, awareness , and intention .
All are in the past . We move .
Fans are better vissioners and criticize more .
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2022
Kikikiki,
You should have understood that there was space that was why he did his "tricycle" kick.
In an event where there isnt much space,a simple intelligent control can dislodge a defender.
Try to watch CAN 2000,on YouTube, watch little moves by Kanu even though defenders held tightly to him..Watch Aghahowa etc

The pressure was also on Ghana and they won't want to concede another penalty. If e no see person tell am, he played like a secondary player trying to get spotted by football scouts.
tragergeorge:
so there was no space and they want him to control the ball and shoot like the defenders there come watch movie,that last kick the ball was high and slightly behind him...what do you expect,abeg which player Sabi do bicycle kick

3 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by tomju2(f): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Them dey talk about Victor Ikpeba were dey post Finidi George picture. "Indomie generation" , you no know the difference between Ikpeba and Finidi? One carry dreads the other one no carry. grin grin
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Advancedman(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
would dt ikpeba say dt if the ball goes in? or would he say it if its cr7, lewa or benz did d bicycle kick n missed??
I so much hate it wen people criticize people dt tried n failed, how sure is he dt Ghanian defense would allow oshimhen control n score d goal?? abi na too much PlayStation dey cause dt capping??
this oshimhen n oshoola too like play n get enough positive vibes....mk i rush follow them on tweeter

You a filthy inferior infested being anybody can be criticized.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Yadid(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2022
Only mischievous people would interprete the 'werey' as referring to Ikpeba. Crystal clear she was referring to Osimhen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) / Deniz Kedah Wanted To Take Penalty, Fans Left The Stadium In Turkish League / Super Eagles Brazil 2014 New Jeysey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.