Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala (41486 Views)

Picture Of Mercy Akide And Asisat Oshoala In The United States. / AFCON: Video Call Between Victor Osimhen And Victor Boniface / Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Testimony1988(m): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
They should both respect themselves, he didn't even insult him, he's just advising him what to do next time, it shows the children they are especially Asisat Oshoala, they are both stubborn and they don't want to accept correction.

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Tareq1105: 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
No, she was referring to Osimeh.....Its a joking way of referring to a friend e.g

"Werey, you don chop today?"

For her to use the word werey, I would like to believe that Osihmen and Asisat are very closed. It's Yoruba way of joking with a close pal.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Vabasi(m): 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
Heavensent01:

did Osihmen shot ever get to Ghana keeper?

That is the question.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by boladale123: 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
It seems the mobile phone has removed reasonable thinking and history, especially social media.
Victor Ikpeba that was the king of Monaco,they should go and ask A.Wenger .
Barcelona female team was playing the other day,and I wonder where Asisat was.

Their end shall show how good they are.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by elmagnifico411(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ikpeba should go and sit down. Isn't he part of the NFF technical crew? What did they do to better the team? All they do is side talks and back-bitting fellow ex eagles. Yea, he's played his time, let him allow the younger ones have their time too. Some here said osimhen isn't even fit to tie his shoe lace. I think that's coming from a 'beef' point of view. Ikpeba had helpers in the team when he was playing, hoe many players do we have now that can supply clean passes? They will just be looking for faults where there's none. Later they will come and tell us that their hands are tied, there's no mich they can do, the players weren't the ones they hand picked. Juxtapose Osimehn with ikpeba in his prime, I'll definitely go for Osimehn. He's got fire in his bones!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Tareq1105: 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Testimony1988:
They should both respect themselves, he didn't even insult him, he's just advising him what to do next time, it shows the children they are especially Asisat Ashoala, they are both stubborn and they don't want to accept correction.

It's okay but honestly Asisat was not talking to Ikpeba. She was referring to Osihmen who, in my view, is her pal.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by kennybuluro(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
lordprogress:

So that you go carry the PS4 run abi

It's not a must you comment, as you are not being paid to do so. It won't cost you anything to go through my thread from the first page to the last , to check if anyone complained about a bad Service I rendered to them.

While doing that, I wish you a productive day Mr.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Testimony1988(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Tareq1105:

It's okay but honestly Asisat was not talking to Ikpeba. She was referring to Osihmen who, in my view, is her pal.
hmmm.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by fx45(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
tragergeorge:
Shey defenders go the watch am make e control ball,,the only thing a good striker can do in that 95th minute strike was a bicycle kick
Did you see Ahmed Musa's first goal against Iceland? He could've attempted a bicycle kick with that cross as well.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by phemmyfour: 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Tareq1105:

For her to use the word werey, I would like to believe that Osihmen and Asisat are very closed. It's Yoruba way of joking with a close pal.
Exactly, you understand the context
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by naijapikin2(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
elmagnifico411:
Ikpeba should go and sit down. Isn't he part of the NFF technical crew? What did they do to better the team? All they do is side talks and back-bitting fellow ex eagles. Yea, he's played his time, let him allow the younger ones have their time too. Some here said osimhen isn't even fit to tie his shoe lace. I think that's coming from a 'beef' point of view. Ikpeba had helpers in the team when he was playing, hoe many players do we have now that can supply clean passes? They will just be looking for faults where there's none. Later they will come and tell us that their hands are tied, there's no mich they can do, the players weren't the ones they hand picked. Juxtapose Osimehn with ikpeba in his prime, I'll definitely go for Osimehn. He's got fire in his bones!
God bless whoever paid your school fees.. on point jare

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by gentleguy1975: 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I think Ikpeba also won the golden boot in the French League. I think he has tried to be able to advise Osimhen.
young guys of this age are a bit disrespectful, some of them though

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Padipadi(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
SEGLIZ:
you are saying that for the reason that someone failed he has no moral right to correct others.
no. He criticised the wrong person. And yes, in talks like this the accusers case ll be re-opened. Ikpeba should know better
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kikikiki..I hear you.
tragergeorge:
if I play against those kind borrow pit defenders I go score pass those 2 goals e score ...
My brother that's not the high point of the match or that wasn't supposed to be a turning point....he could have controlled it and still couldn't get the chance to take a shot, sounding like be missed penalty or an open net, make e de form them Gary Neville,
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by olisaEze(m): 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kingozymandias:
Twitter no be your mate o....
The site that single handedly killed Nairaland grin
Word of advise , don't ever take your Nairaland attitude to Twitter, they will bury you there o

Asweardan! grin
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by comodo: 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ikpeba wet no fit score ordinary penalty for finals. Him no know say those boys are hurting. Make dem elders respect them oldmanship.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Amalekki: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
What wrong did Ikpeba do here? He did not criticize Osimhen as a person, he did not criticize his entire performance, he only picked a specific decision which is just his own personal position as a studio analyst.

Why are we so horrible at seeing the benefits of criticism? People shout Yekini this Yekini that forgetting that Yekini was an object of brutal criticisms as he polished his skills that made him a globally acknowledged football legend today.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Amalekki: 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
comodo:
Ikpeba wet no fit score ordinary penalty for finals. Him no know say those boys are hurting. Make dem elders respect them oldmanship.
Irrelevant to the matter here but he actually scored the penalty.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Clean passes aside.You don't need clean passes to show your prowess as a striker.The point is what did he do with the few he got?

I had to go back and watch the game.He had more than those chances but wasn't superb.

Talking about Ikpeba being part of the Technical staff, what will he do for him in front of goal, kick the ball for him?
All of them have their faults, the focus is on Victor's mistakes and (his uncouth response) the least he can do is take responsibility.if you followed Ikpeba during his prime, you'll know it's an insult to compare him with Osimhen.
elmagnifico411:
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
tomju2:
Them dey talk about Victor Ikpeba were dey post Finidi George picture. "Indomie generation" , you no know the difference between Ikpeba and Finidi? One carry dreads the other one no carry. grin grin

The picture I saw there is Ikpeba. I guess France 98. Finidi wore 7 jersey in that competition while Ikpeba wore 20.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by godwon01(m): 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ikpeba was the one that deprived us the nation's cup in 2000 against Cameroon. Common penalty ,he can not score it well. He played the ball on touch line and put his stupid hands on his head. He should leave Osimen alone. He should stop creating enemity for himself amongst the younger generation of footballers. This is not the right time to apportion any blame to anybody. The guys are seriously angry now.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Murphyenemuwe: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
If he likes he should be the prince or Persia. The country lost a world cup ticket. The whole stadium was vandalized, a medical doctor also died. And he had to heap the whole blame on a player. It's just as if he's setting the guy up. The same match I watched where there's no clear style of play and he never criticized the coach because he's a friend. Hypocrisy of the highest order. We carry respect for head and na we worse pass[qpuote author=sucess001 post=111728742]Prince of Monaco?

Ikpeba that scored goals for Monaco like fun...olympic gold medalist. Nations cup winner...ikpeba was in Senegal 92, before osimhen was born.he is qualified to be super eagles coach. So if he tells osimhen this as a coach....osimhen go insult am back? When people kept saying osimhen was careless with his usage of social media ...this is one of it.

He is already ego headed before achieving much.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by elmagnifico411(m): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
I followed Ikpeba, and I know what I'm talking about. Isn't it the same ikpeba that held his head with his hands after scoring a penalty but was not sure it went in? Wasn't that part of why we lost the cup to Cameroon? An ikpeba who's confidence level is so low. Even as a prince of Monaco, he didn't score more than 55 goals in his 6yrs spell with them. Funny enuff, that happened to be the best he had in his career cus he was nothing to write home about @ Borussia Dortmund. Osimhen is a better striker any day. Why are we always thinking those guys of early days are better than the ones of now? Ikpeba was part of a very good squad, yea; if only we can go back in time and replace him with osimhen, u wouldn't say what you're saying now. U 17 record goal scorer na beans? Notwithstanding, I Don't support him insulting the man. But that wan sef for talk well, not trying to trade blame.
derecho:
Clean passes aside.You don't need clean passes to show your prowess as a striker.The point is what did he do with the few he got?

I had to go back and watch the game.He had more than those chances but wasn't superb.

Talking about Ikpeba being part of the Technical staff, what will he do for him in front of goal, kick the ball for him?
All of them have their faults, the focus is on Victor's mistakes and (his uncouth response) the least he can do is take responsibility.if you followed Ikpeba during his prime, you'll know it's an insult to compare him with Osimhen.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by braimeddy: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
Victor Osimhen no get respect at all.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by EMAXIM(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Osimhen cannot tie Ikpeba's shoe laces. He should listen and not insult him when corrected.

Una too dey talk rubbish! How good was Ikpeba compared to Osimhen?
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by haabidah666: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
mozona:
Well in my on opinion, i think osihmen should have taken ikpeba msg without replying. Cos he reply, that girl get chance to call her elder werey.

I believe ikpeba as achieve more than osihmen which he needs to respect. He easy to call person prince of monaco.

Read again pls......

She's not referring to lkpeba.....
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Bluepoet: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
It's a youth thing!
Check out my ebookhttps://books2read.com/Olasumbo-Ololade-Alabi
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
naijapikin2:
Ikpeba shut your pie hole... You scored a penalty at afcon in year 2000 in lagos instead of celebrating you held your head, referee cancel the goal, we lost that final against cameroon because of you. Did anybody kill you.. confused pundit

The irony of this is that VAR would have awarded us that goal.

Look, Ikpeba's reaction was because he didn't see that the ball crossed the line, because he was obviously looking at the posts from the front.

The cameras captured it better.

Besides, it wasn't his responsibility to call the goal or not. That resides solely with the match center referee.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by derecho(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ikpeba confidence level low because of the way he reacted after that penalty? Guy, why you dey fall hand na.
I was waiting for you to reference the U-17 where we all know Osimhen was much older than those he was bullying. Maybe, you thought it was beans to bench J. Klinsmann around '94.
Osimehn is like a one-eyed man in the midst of the blind. Don't be surprised if it was back then, he wouldn't have don the Jersey for the senior team.If not for the unceremonious retirement of some of our players, who will dash Osimhen number 9 Jersey now? He prolly would have just finished with U-23 and would have been exposed.

Forget the hype, Osimhen no reach.Na average player with gragra
I hope you didn't forget he was African Footballer of The Year?
elmagnifico411:
I followed Ikpeba, and I know what I'm talking about. Isn't it the same ikpeba that held his head with his hands after scoring a penalty but was not sure it went in? Wasn't that part of why we lost the cup to Cameroon? An ikpeba who's confidence level is so low. Even as a prince of Monaco, he didn't score more than 55 goals in his 6yrs spell with them. Funny enuff, that happened to be the best he had in his career cus he was nothing to write home about @ Borussia Dortmund. Osimhen is a better striker any day. Why are we always thinking those guys of early days are better than the ones of now? Ikpeba was part of a very good squad, yea; if only we can go back in time and replace him with osimhen, u wouldn't say what you're saying now. U 17 record goal scorer na beans? Notwithstanding, I Don't support him insulting the man. But that wan sef for talk well, not trying to trade blame.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by wilroy: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
Seyiemath:
Youth this days feel like they can say whatever they want to, because they have a phone and data sad

I will use one nairalander as a scape goat soon

Mumu
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by owbabs: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
Those bicycle kicks were warranted given hiw the Ghanaians would pounce at any loose ball.
Re: The Controversy Between Victor Ikpeba, Victor Osimhen And Asisat Oshoala by lagonovo: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
Amalekki:
What wrong did Ikpeba do here? He did not criticize Osimhen as a person, he did not criticize his entire performance, he only picked a specific decision which is just his own personal position as a studio analyst.

Why are we so horrible at seeing the benefits of criticism? People shout Yekini this Yekini that forgetting that Yekini was an object of brutal criticisms as he polished his skills that made him a globally acknowledged football legend today.
Totally agree.

Here is what Osimhen ignored in Ikpeba's comment to focus only on the correction:

Ikpeba said: "He could have scored in that game, he was a big player for the Super Eagles, he was the only player that showed a lot of character and fighting spirit, can't take it away from him.

"If you have 4-6 players like Osimhen in that game we could have won the game."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Rumoured Dead Rigobert Song Makes His 1st Public Appearance(pics) / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.