Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term (31445 Views)

El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo / Saheed Osupa Publicly Apologises To Makinde / Sunday Adeyemo To Makinde - Mukaila Lamidi Will Disorganize Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
MT:

Payment of salaries, which is statutory is now an achievement in your book. Only in Nigeria!. Before you rush to tell me some ex governors did not pay on time, that shows the quality of leadership that we are facing as a country.
Some of them are fools who deserves to be living among animals

Payment of salaries is not an achievement

Lam Adesina paid workers salaries & even gave loans to workers

Ladoja paid workers salaries

Akala paid workers salaries

Ajimobi also paid workers salaries although during his second term he messed up by owing some salaries but not that he end up not paying at all
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by bamitinn(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
Are you from Oyo?
If not please shutup.
I'm from Oyo I live in Oyo and I voted for GSM.
and will still vote for him.
He's doing well, we no complain.
Vixlot:
He will not win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
bamitinn:
Are you from Oyo?
If not please shutup.
I'm from Oyo I live in Oyo and I voted for GSM.
and will still vote for him.
He's doing well, we no complain.

He's not doing well in anyway

I'm from Oyo state, Ibadan to be precise n lives in Ibadan

State his achievements so far
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by mkoabiola: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Let me educate people like you

Adebayo Alao Akala did 1 term in office as elected governor of Oyo state & I will list his achievements for you

✓ He established Oyo state College of Agriculture Igbo Ora. The school is still functional till today. It brings about more development to Igbo Ora, it brings about employment opportunity to the people of Igbo Ora & those outside Igbo Ora

✓ Lautech Teaching Hospital Ogbomosho. It brings about more visitors to Ogbomosho who travels from different part of the country to get treated at affordable rate with modern medical equipments. The hospital is still functional till today. The hospital has MRI & CT scan machine. 24/7 ambulance services & self oxygen plant in the hospital

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala constructed many roads which he started from scratch & even dualized Manu roads across the state

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala pays workers salaries as and when due so her didn't owe workers salaries

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala did streetlight across the state

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala purchased lots of taxi for ease of movement for the people of Oyo state

Carefully looking at Adebayo Alao Akala projects, he provide basic amenities to make life easier for people. He established schools for the people of the state to become more educated & to improve agriculture in the state thereby brings about more employment opportunities. He employed both medical & non medical staff at teaching hospital.

Now, please mention Mr Seyi Makinde projects that can match Akala own

Mind you, the money allocated to Adebayo Alao Akala during his time as governor is not up to what Mr Makinde has gotten so far. The loan took so far by Mr Makinde is very much more than what Adebayo Akala took during his time. It's not on record that Adebayo Alao Akala sold lots of government properties but Mr Makinde grabbed many government lands which he has converted to expensive estate where lands sold for 40million Naira per plot e.g because staff quarters converted to Lere Adigun estate where a plot of land sold for 40million Naira. Government land after Ibadan tollgate on Lagos road which was tagged Senator Ladoja estate etc

In conclusion, Seyi Makinde is nothing but overhyped useless governor
U seems to b in touch with realities and happening in oyo state.
Akala is d best gov.

But do u think Makinde can win 2nd term?
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Praxis758: 12:30am On Apr 08, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Same way Tinubu will cruise to victory as president of Iragbiji Town Union

'IRAGBIJI TOWN UNION'

May God forgive you.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Praxis758: 12:32am On Apr 08, 2022
Ejiphill09:
shocked

Makinde has done so well! And i want him to go back for the second term. Wish we can have him and Obi rule this country someday.

Is it true that he doesn't owe salaries and pensions?

Just want to be sure if the praises are practical or political
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Angeltjazz2017(m): 2:06am On Apr 08, 2022
I’m from Oyo state and I can boldly say that the man has done well and he deserves more four year’s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Alajiki(m): 4:36am On Apr 08, 2022
obedugo:
Ezi i've been to all sadwaste states lived and done transactions there am still in Eko , let me tell you GSM has done a very wonderful job forget media hype and so on ... If you where in Oyo last 5years and now you'll stop disgracing your useless generation. Akpa amu oke

Yes, I live in Ibadan and I've been here longer than 10 years. I am in a position to tell you how things are. Mkpuru nmiri addict.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Khaysee: 4:55am On Apr 08, 2022
Let him complete airport road
Upgrade d airport to international standard

Buy all types of men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yuping(m): 5:33am On Apr 08, 2022
kyseetu:
Makinde opponent should not bother contesting
Per Nigeria standard he is good, but he can always get better, check it from Lautech perspective and no more violence in that state, I'm just afraid he might change cus that is the norm Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by shidof(m): 5:39am On Apr 08, 2022
kyseetu:
Ibadan lo mo, o mo layipo

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Highvotage: 5:42am On Apr 08, 2022
Can you mention those thing you referred to as achievement Sir?
Politicians in Nigeria has made us believed that paying salary is a blessing from them.
If I may ask, have you ever heard Lagos is own salary?
Are you aware that Lagos pay salary on the 23rs of every blessed Month?
Did you know that Lagos is paying the minimum wages as requested by labour union?
Did you know that Lagos has lighted up her state since Eve before GSM became governor and no noise about it?
Why are we deceiving ourself because of those that did not send us any jobs?
I am not anti/pro GSM but we should just stop this shouting of GSM is paying salary.
Thanks

quote author=obedugo post=111744100] Ezi i've been to all sadwaste states lived and done transactions there am still in Eko , let me tell you GSM has done a very wonderful job forget media hype and so on ... If you where in Oyo last 5years and now you'll stop disgracing your useless generation. Akpa amu oke[/quote]
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by lexy2014: 5:43am On Apr 08, 2022
AnonPoet:
Leading PDP gubernatorial aspirant In Ogun state has reacted to Oyo State's Governor Seyi Makinde's declaration for a second term

It read

This dude is just hyping his friend as if makinde is doing Oyo state a favour. To pay salary is now an achievement

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Skodiswayze(m): 6:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Maydfourth:
Ha ha haaaaaaaaa,....Seyi wan disgrace himself ooooooo....una dey feel ammmmm

Mumu. I don screenshot your post, please send me your email or number so I will send back to you by 1pm on Election Day so you’ll cry shocked
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Skodiswayze(m): 6:16am On Apr 08, 2022
kyseetu:

Abeg make dem waste money small na grin

MAKINDE X2
DONE DEAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by LincolnLynn(m): 7:13am On Apr 08, 2022
Vixlot:
He will not win
Whoever ,I repeat whoever you present as an opposition candidate will suffer a disgraceful defeat..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by murmee: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2022
trutharena:
Where are the visible achievements? Is that the mediocre jobs other states governors are doing?

Clowns.
Before GSM there was treated water in most parts of Ibadan. Since Makinde became Governor of Oyo state, water has stopped flowing in the state capital even at the heights of COVID-19 and the Governor is not bothered.
The Iwo road junction leading to Iwo town and Osogbo is still as chaotic and more hellish now than ever before. Passing through that axis is like war zone.
Go to 7-up road in Oluyole Estate and you will be shocked that the road leading to the industrial hub is an eyesore.
So where are the visible achievements!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by murmee: 7:32am On Apr 08, 2022
DoctorDree:

Show us a better governor
Pele o Civil Servant. Just because GSM is paying your salary as and when due. What are the majority of Oyo state people benefiting from the Governor!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by HRMK: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2022
AnonPoet:
Leading PDP gubernatorial aspirant In Ogun state has reacted to Oyo State's Governor Seyi Makinde's declaration for a second term

It read
DAYDREAMER!YOU WILL SOON WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER!!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by murmee: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2022
MT:

Payment of salaries, which is statutory is now an achievement in your book. Only in Nigeria!. Before you rush to tell me some ex governors did not pay on time, that shows the quality of leadership that we are facing as a country.
APPLAUDS!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2022
mkoabiola:

U seems to b in touch with realities and happening in oyo state.
Akala is d best gov.

But do u think Makinde can win 2nd term?

It's 50/50

Many people are uninformed in Oyo state

Makinde pumped more money into propaganda than governance through different means especially on radio stations

I'm yet to see a formidable opposition

I pray the man don't win second term ticket because it will be disastrous for Oyo state as a whole

The man is a land grabber & silent criminal who derives pleasure is milking people of Oyo state dry

2 Likes

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2022
Praxis758:

Is it true that he doesn't owe salaries and pensions?

Just want to be sure if the praises are practical or political

Adebayo Alao Akala didn't owe salaries.

Ladoja didn't owe salaries

Lam Adesina didn't owe salaries

What's the fuss about salary payment?

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by haffaze777(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2022
yuzjet:
FTC!!!!!

Ọmọ².

Then to the main topic, Dapo has performed below par. Just like everything that has to do with APC since their inceptions.

[s]I hope you are elected, because something must replace this APC.
[/s]

We no want
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by OVB123: 9:55am On Apr 08, 2022
Nopent22:
Makinde is overated
Why do you think his overated.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 10:02am On Apr 08, 2022
obedugo:
Ezi i've been to all sadwaste states lived and done transactions there am still in Eko , let me tell you GSM has done a very wonderful job forget media hype and so on ... If you where in Oyo last 5years and now you'll stop disgracing your useless generation. Akpa amu oke

Hey bros!
I'm in Oyo. Please name those wonderful jobs?
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Adebayo Alao Akala didn't owe salaries.

Ladoja didn't owe salaries

Lam Adesina didn't owe salaries

What's the fuss about salary payment?
I tire oooo. No innovation. Alakia Airport be like pit. All local government roads not yet fixed.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

It's 50/50

Many people are uninformed in Oyo state

Makinde pumped more money into propaganda than governance through different means especially on radio stations

I'm yet to see a formidable opposition

I pray the man don't win second term ticket because it will be disastrous for Oyo state as a whole

The man is a land grabber & silent criminal who derives pleasure is milking people of Oyo state dry

God bless you. All lands has been allocated out.
because land
Arcedem
Ministry of Water resources land at ejioku.
Them don sell Oyo state finish
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by olabright31: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2022
Ejiphill09:
shocked

Makinde has done so well! And i want him to go back for the second term. Wish we can have him and Obi rule this country someday.

So that Northerners will be watching like mumu ? How would you feel if Zulum and Elrufai rule this country or Yahaya Bello and Matawalle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAWMA Official Killed By A Speeding Vehicle In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Dolapo Osinbajo And Her First Cousin Segun Awolowo / Jonathan: Vote Atiku So We Can All Have Food To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.