Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term (31435 Views)

El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo / Saheed Osupa Publicly Apologises To Makinde / Sunday Adeyemo To Makinde - Mukaila Lamidi Will Disorganize Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Ejiphill09(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
Praxis758:

Is it true that he doesn't owe salaries and pensions?

Just want to be sure if the praises are practical or political

He doesn't owe salary... The man is good. Note: I'm not even from his state or even south west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Praxis758: 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Adebayo Alao Akala didn't owe salaries.

Ladoja didn't owe salaries

Lam Adesina didn't owe salaries

What's the fuss about salary payment?

But it was alleged that mr Constituted Authority owed some months salaries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Purplebirdrep: 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
LibertyRep:
Well, only those who live in Oyo are at the best position to evaluate Makinde's performance.
They are the only people that can determine if what we read about him is audio or not.

As for Mr. Sowunmi, listened to him a couple of times, like most politicians, he seems to have the solution to all problems with his oratory skill.
Well , et him win the party's ticket first.

He has really performed beyond everybody's imagination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by OmoOlaJoy: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2022
Many hypocrites are here, crying loud based on party affiliation...abeg go to Oke Ogun and see the wonders of GSM, can you compare Ibadan now to the era of Ajimobi where killings was daily manner. Why is anybody not talking about the strive of GSM in the stability of Lautech and many more.
Just like every other leader, criticism is healthy. Seyi Makinde can always do better.
Oyo is a civil servant state, therefore payment of salary has been able to sustain the economy of the state. I can succinctly say APC is bad omen at federal level and state level...please has Ekiti(APC) been able to pay Salary?
Osun(APC) owes salary, Kogi(APC) doesn't care about civil servants and many more.
So tell me if OYO should not celebrate their leader.

GSM let kan si jare

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
MT:

Payment of salaries, which is statutory is now an achievement in your book. Only in Nigeria!. Before you rush to tell me some ex governors did not pay on time, that shows the quality of leadership that we are facing as a country.

Well as statutory as it is... many states are not paying it.... E.g. Ogun...Osun...Ondo...kwara... Kogi..etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2022
Carlyboi:

I don’t even care much bout those two parties but If I were to pick I’d go with APC between the two...I’m not into partisan politics so I criticize any ineffective and incompetent politician or administrator out there irrespective of their party...I’m not a political jobber so I owe no my support or loyalty.

With that being said don’t really have much against Makinde he’s alright I’m not just a fan and I’m not impressed with his performance so far...my grouse is with unending praise and hype,the Propaganda he’s just average he’s not some special breed like they’re making him out to be...he’s not inventive or innovative too I haven’t seen anything groundbreaking so far from him and that’s me being honest.I expected much more especially for his relentless effort in getting the governorship seat,he looked unprepared for the job and didn’t hit the ground running.

I think he's still trying....at least he's sort of restored oyo from the condition and instabilities that Ajimobi left it....

Maybe he'll now fully go into capital projects in his second term
..given that the Senate and presidency are still available for him if he keeps getting better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
unitysheart:
Chief Segun Sowunmi of Kegites Club International, Ilya du Lagoon.

APC is filled with alfas and alhajis....how are we all doing under them...head dey l
Pain u walahi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2022
Tareq1105:

Unfortunately for showunmi, the position is still in the zone of ogun East Senatorial district.

Let him at least contest now and create awareness for himself.... he'll at least be much better placed when it's time for his zone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
duro4chang:
I have been hearing Makinde is working but when I asked them what he did I have not been able to get good answer. Somebody said he was paying salaries regularly.

If that is not an achievement....what do you think people have against Kogi state governor the most...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
Carlyboi:
Audio governor!on the back of him being a populist governor,while been great at Propaganda he most likely would get a second term...by a large margin?the Mr must be talking from his ass lol

Seyi Makinde is overhyped he’s nothing special as an administrator..Nigerians are so impressionable as far as politicians are concerned so they celebrate the barest minimum...he’s not,bad he’s simply average and not exceptional.

Better to be average than worse....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yemi1504: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
Obvuta:
Seyi Makinde >>>>>> Ajimobi

You can say that again!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by kafeii123: 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2022
safariman:
I tire ooo... Birds of the same feather fly together. His counterpart are building new airports, good roads, flyovers to ease traffic congestions.
GSM claim to fame is that he pays salaries on time. What a shame.

Na person wey don chop dey fly plain...Oyo is very close to Lagos....and it has a local airport already so there's no big need for another passenger are airport in Oyo State at the moment....

There's no big report of traffic jams and co within the state either....so they don't need flyovers so much yet......

Paying worker's their deserved salaries as at when due...is a big plus...in a state where they're just escaping from a no-salary man...and having neighboring states who owe salaries like it's the norm....I think the man shd be encouraged...the state also enjoys good security now.....in his second term...let.him.then focus on improving ...infrastructure and others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yemi1504: 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2022
Praxis758:

It was actually true he owed salaries. During his second term, he even owed salaries for 6 months!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yemi1504: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
OmoOlaJoy:
Many hypocrites are here, crying loud based on party affiliation...abeg go to Oke Ogun and see the wonders of GSM, can you compare Ibadan now to the era of Ajimobi where killings was daily manner. Why is anybody not talking about the strive of GSM in the stability of Lautech and many more.
Just like every other leader, criticism is healthy. Seyi Makinde can always do better.
Oyo is a civil servant state, therefore payment of salary has been able to sustain the economy of the state. I can succinctly say APC is bad omen at federal level and state level...please has Ekiti(APC) been able to pay Salary?
Osun(APC) owes salary, Kogi(APC) doesn't care about civil servants and many more.
So tell me if OYO should not celebrate their leader.

GSM let kan si jare

Seyi e da? Seyi e re!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by unitysheart(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
kafeii123:

APC is filled with alfas and alhajis....how are we all doing under them...head dey l
Pain u walahi

Pardon?
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by sageb: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
AnonPoet:
Leading PDP gubernatorial aspirant In Ogun state has reacted to Oyo State's Governor Seyi Makinde's declaration for a second term

It read

The pacesetter GSM is working.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by duro4chang(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
kafeii123:

If that is not an achievement....what do you think people have against Kogi state governor the most...
In other word that is the only thing he did or the only thing he is doing or what? Honesly speaking I have been expecting people to mention laudable projects. If that is the best thing he can do he should keep it up.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Carlyboi(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
kafeii123:

Better to be average than worse....

Well...the praise-singers needs to tone down on the hype then let his performance do the talking...they don’t have to set the average as the standard for us all.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by Carlyboi(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
kafeii123:

I think he's still trying....at least he's sort of restored oyo from the condition and instabilities that Ajimobi left it....

Maybe he'll now fully go into capital projects in his second term
..given that the Senate and presidency are still available for him if he keeps getting better

Well he should do that even tho I’m not a big fan I’m not a hater of him or his government when Ajimobi fvcked up then I talked bout it and the other great things he did I acknowledge them...and if he gets a second term he needs to do more capital projects and build lasting infrastructure also...job creation should be upper most on his agenda and create more enabling environment for SMEs to thrive!

Ibadan’s job opportunities is quite small compared to the potentials of the city!gainful employment in Ibadan would boost the IGR of the state and contribute to it’s economic growth and development!

And lastly asides Ajimobi’s missteps and public outbursts towards the end of his government I think he did creditably well as the governor of the state he did perform could have done better yes but he’s still the best governor the state has had so far!
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
Praxis758:

Ofcourse he owed salaries at some point

You will never see me exonerate him from owing salaries

So why are some people making it seems like only Makinde who has never owed salaries since 1999

Akala pays workers salaries as and when due still he left laudable projects behind

Akala dualized many roads across Oyo state than Mr Makinde still he never owe salaries

Akala founder College of Agriculture Igbo Ora still he pays salaries as and when due

Akala founder Lautech teaching hospital with state of the art medical facilities still he never owes salaries

Akala installed lots of streetlights across still the state still he never owes salaries

Akala bought several taxi still he never owe workers salaries

Tell me what Seyi has done extra ordinary

1 Like

Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by 1nigeriamyfoot: 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
yusuftaiwo2015:

God bless you. All lands has been allocated out.
because land
Arcedem
Ministry of Water resources land at ejioku.
Them don sell Oyo state finish
That's one of my greivance with this administration

Someone asked his Facebook page handler that selling of farmland for building purpose is not good but the handler replied that Oyo state has 28000square km that we should calm down, imagine the response
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 1:07am On Apr 10, 2022
kafeii123:

Na person wey don chop dey fly plain...Oyo is very close to Lagos....and it has a local airport already so there's no big need for another passenger are airport in Oyo State at the moment....

There's no big report of traffic jams and co within the state either....so they don't need flyovers so much yet......

Paying worker's their deserved salaries as at when due...is a big plus...in a state where they're just escaping from a no-salary man...and having neighboring states who owe salaries like it's the norm....I think the man shd be encouraged...the state also enjoys good security now.....in his second term...let.him.then focus on improving ...infrastructure and others

I don't think you know anything about Oyo state.
Traffic jams in Iwo,Ife Road,sawmill, olorunsogo,olomi(after demolishing bridges).

Which good security are you talking about,with the mayhem auxiliary and his boys. Robbers disturbing Agbowo,orogun,ojoo and alot of different areas.

Operation burst are now collecting bribes on road unlike when the last administration brought them together, they've lost confidence in Seyi, he's giving preference to auxiliary over security agencies.
Find out more.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 1:08am On Apr 10, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

That's one of my greivance with this administration

Someone asked his Facebook page handler that selling of farmland for building purpose is not good but the handler replied that Oyo state has 28000square km that we should calm down, imagine the response
Ajimobi bleeped up the second term but in terms of innovation this man is a learner
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by LincolnLynn(m): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2022
A lot of pained lackeys on this thread who are blind to anything good..To say seyi makinde hasn't done anything is nothing more than stupidity and madness..Theseones I can remember and whoever cares to verify ..Iseyin moniya road(commissioned by Gov ortom,saki township road (the past administration couldn't complete in its eight years) commissioned by bala Muhammad,Iseyin Oyo road which has been a death trap since 1999 is under construction,Saki ogbooro township road is 95 per cent completed, Iseyin ogbomosho road (Ongoing),Adamasingba stadium (some nonentities will claim a shoddy job was done as at inauguration but go there now and see for yourself), General gas overhead bridge (on going),Sawmill bridge along gate(under construction),Lautech,Ibadan circular road(Some brain dead slowpoke will come again to say it was awarded by previous administration when in fact,the past administration awarded one third of the road for 67billion naira but makinde awarded the two third of the road for 138 billion,the bust terminal at ojoo,Iwo road interchange, challenge roundabout,emoyment of 3000 teachers, Establishment of amotekun corps, Previous administrations from 1999 has been promising iseyin town higher institution,Makinde did same and he has delii it..These are the ones I have seen and can confirm.. anyone who cares to verify should do so..Stop listening to the never do well,God forsaken broom wielding brain dead lackeys,There are sticks of brooms stuck in their eyes and brains.Hence,there inability to see and process reality objectively..
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by LincolnLynn(m): 6:54am On Apr 10, 2022
yusuftaiwo2015:

I don't think you know anything about Oyo state.
Traffic jams in Iwo,Ife Road,sawmill, olorunsogo,olomi(after demolishing bridges).

Which good security are you talking about,with the mayhem auxiliary and his boys. Robbers disturbing Agbowo,orogun,ojoo and alot of different areas.

Operation burst are now collecting bribes on road unlike when the last administration brought them together, they've lost confidence in Seyi, he's giving preference to auxiliary over security agencies.
Find out more.
what are the courses of hold up in Iwo road,old ife road and sawmill?Are the causes not because of construction work ongoing..oga stop being bias..
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by timwudz(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Let me educate people like you

Adebayo Alao Akala did 1 term in office as elected governor of Oyo state & I will list his achievements for you

✓ He established Oyo state College of Agriculture Igbo Ora. The school is still functional till today. It brings about more development to Igbo Ora, it brings about employment opportunity to the people of Igbo Ora & those outside Igbo Ora

✓ Lautech Teaching Hospital Ogbomosho. It brings about more visitors to Ogbomosho who travels from different part of the country to get treated at affordable rate with modern medical equipments. The hospital is still functional till today. The hospital has MRI & CT scan machine. 24/7 ambulance services & self oxygen plant in the hospital

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala constructed many roads which he started from scratch & even dualized Manu roads across the state

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala pays workers salaries as and when due so her didn't owe workers salaries

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala did streetlight across the state

✓ Adebayo Alao Akala purchased lots of taxi for ease of movement for the people of Oyo state

Carefully looking at Adebayo Alao Akala projects, he provide basic amenities to make life easier for people. He established schools for the people of the state to become more educated & to improve agriculture in the state thereby brings about more employment opportunities. He employed both medical & non medical staff at teaching hospital.

Now, please mention Mr Seyi Makinde projects that can match Akala own

Mind you, the money allocated to Adebayo Alao Akala during his time as governor is not up to what Mr Makinde has gotten so far. The loan took so far by Mr Makinde is very much more than what Adebayo Akala took during his time. It's not on record that Adebayo Alao Akala sold lots of government properties but Mr Makinde grabbed many government lands which he has converted to expensive estate where lands sold for 40million Naira per plot e.g because staff quarters converted to Lere Adigun estate where a plot of land sold for 40million Naira. Government land after Ibadan tollgate on Lagos road which was tagged Senator Ladoja estate etc

In conclusion, Seyi Makinde is nothing but overhyped useless governor
Abeg i mention any body name? As a matter of fact I wasn't even referring to akala.
Re: Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
LincolnLynn:
what are the courses of hold up in Iwo road,old ife road and sawmill?Are the causes not because of construction work ongoing..oga stop being bias..
https://www.nairaland.com/7071504/staff-yinka-ayefeles-fresh-fm/1#111819577

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Rotimi Akeredolu, Ondo APC Governorship Candidate / Governor Fubara Appoints Former Assembly Speaker, Edison As Chief Of Staff / Senate Will Reconvene To Consider Ministerial List — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.