Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again (19586 Views)

Nigerians Experience Blackout As National Grid Collapses Again / Electricity Grid Collapses Again / Electricity: National Grid Restored; Minister Of Power Abubakar Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by AmazingELixir: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2022
grin

Excuse, excuses and more Excuseses....all hallmarks of an ineffective government.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by QuinModah(f): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2022
miketayo:

400k are you sure? What is it powering ? Can you pump or use ac with it ?
Yes you can pump as long as you set up a different solar for the pumping machine. There is solar inverter AC I will recommend you buy it
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by phemmyfour: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Says who?
Yea, prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by TUFFSS: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2022
Let's any incoming president promise us steady power supply�️ all over the country
Very important please.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 09, 2022
sulaak:

So why didn't Buhari fix what he inherited, 7 years is more than enough time to solve the problem. He had a solution to increase energy generate to 7000, 11000 and 25000 in 5 years, what happened to that plan.

It is easier to talk about a plan but doing it is difficult.

The only thing Buhari can do to fix power is by allowing DISCOS to set the price of power, and not the government

Also, those who are not paying for power should be made to pay.

That is all they can do.

P.S : I always took that 'plan to increase power' with a pinch of salt. Especially with the liquidity issues in the country. Besides, it was a long term project...to be finished in 2025. And we need far more than 25000...more like 50000.

PS2. I don't support Buhari, APC or PDP.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by dododawa1: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2022
This country.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Owen247: 7:46am On Apr 09, 2022
Omo,dis every week collapse and fainting done too much abeg. Vry soon em go dia too.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Derrylatei: 7:51am On Apr 09, 2022
JavaScript90:
Since the beginning of this year I have exhausted over 300 liters of fuel. How can I compete with an Indian or Pakistani developer in the freelance market? Nigeria under this administration is designed to kill dreams and businesses
I have lost lot of orders with the epileptic power supply. My account is down now due to late delivery. Person don buy fuel tire and the worst of all, fuel sef scarce one time. Honestly, nothing is working in Nigeria. No job after graduation from d nation, no enough companies to employ us. We decide to be Freelancer to meet end means, still no light and fuel to work.

At times, I do think, the govt of Nigerian want each and every one of us to be a terrorist, bandit or kidnapper.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by ifex370(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Government? But electricity has been privatized? Notwithstanding there is no government that has done more for electricity than This Government.

Are you seriously blaming a government that handed over power 7 years ago?
Show us the evidence in what has improved in the power sector.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by SarkinYarki: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Na Jonathan finalize privatization of electricity 7th November 2013? President Buhari inherited quacks.

Even electricity no dey Ebele village to tell you how Mumurist Jonathan was?

At your age you don't want to have shame beacuse of of crumbs ..tueh

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Cutehector(m): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
This is no longer a new thing nah, it's like saying I want to sleep.

National grid collapse is now one of the characteristics of Nigeria as a country.

Thank you Mr. Muhammadu Buhari for taking Nigeria to greater heights.
as in eh.. Greater heights of backwardness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by QuinModah(f): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2022
grin
subsidywise18:

The only thing Buhari can do to fix power is by allowing DISCOS to set the price of power, and not the government

Also, those who are not paying for power should be made to pay.

That is all they can do.

P.S : I always took that 'plan to increase power' with a pinch of salt. Especially with the liquidity issues in the country. Besides, it was a long term project...to be finished in 2025. And we need far more than 25000...more like 50000.

PS2. I don't support Buhari, APC or PDP.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by QuinModah(f): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Derrylatei:

I have lost lot of orders with the epileptic power supply. My account is down now due to late delivery. Person don buy fuel tire and the worst of all, fuel sef scarce one time. Honestly, nothing is working in Nigeria. No job after graduation from d nation, no enough companies to employ us. We decide to be Freelancer to meet end means, still no light and fuel to work.

At times, I do think, the govt of Nigerian want each and every one of us to be a terrorist, bandit or kidnapper.
Use 1.5kva solar
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Nisot7: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2022
QuinModah:
it will not power your iron but we have solar inverter fridge but you can on the fridge during the 11 am- 4pm
hmmm... I think it depends on the power output. The 3kva should be able to power iron

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Signum(f): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2022
Parachoko:
Buhari administration have not done any tangible thing in the power sector for over 7 years he has been in power

What a disaster this man is

And he kept on contesting and contesting as if he has anything to offer.

He deserve to be shot dead.

He has been in power since 2015, and yet, power supply have not gotten better.

You are saying as if he only failed in power sector. Tell me one sector of the economy that Nigeria got better since his inception.

He's a monumental failure.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2022
No wonder if u see the way d light goes off yesterday eee

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by olasco36(m): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2022
JavaScript90:
Since the beginning of this year I have exhausted over 300 liters of fuel. How can I compete with an Indian or Pakistani developer in the freelance market? Nigeria under this administration is designed to kill dreams and businesses

Go and get solar. I'm a Freelancer as well and I use solar most especially sunking home 400 (you need to have option to take control of your life and business) government don't ready to do anything for us.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Niceguyfirm: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2022
States should arrange and start generating their own light. I think that will help. Just like what tinubu planned for Lagos before the federal descended on it
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by 123readygo: 8:07am On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmmmmm...

The 20k electricity bill I bought last November still has about 100 units left.

Sometimes the AC is on, the heater is on and still nothing much has been used.

This shows how pathetic the electricity situation is in this country.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by QuinModah(f): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2022
Nisot7:
hmmm... I think it depends on the power output. The 3kva should be able to power iron
I Will not recommend it. Iron is the most powerful appliances in the house
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by ade2008(m): 8:10am On Apr 09, 2022
QuinModah:
3KW INVERTER SETUP + SOLAR

1. 3Kw 24volt Hybrid inverter = #330,000

2. Battery Bank 12v 200AH 4pcs = #165,000 x 4 = #660,000 (QUANTA BATTERY)

3. Solar Array 350w 9pcs = #80,000 x 9 = #720,000

4. Solar mounting rails on roof and its accessories = #46,000

5. Battery Rack = #35,000

6. DC & AC Cables = #80,000

7. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box, #50,000

8. Waybill to Anambra = #70,000 - within Lagos

9. Installation = #150,000

TOTAL = #2,141,000

Call SMJAY CONCEPT +2348151346579

how will this setup charge the battery without MPPT charge controller or does the inverter has inbuilt charge controller

4 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by QuinModah(f): 8:12am On Apr 09, 2022
ade2008:

how will this setup charge the battery without MPPT charge controller
Kindly call the number attached to the post.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Psady(m): 8:14am On Apr 09, 2022
just2endowed:
The way the power went off this evening was strange.... I knew something was wrong.

Wow! You even got to see how the light off, here we don't get to know, it's like we are programmed not to see light.

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by skyp(m): 8:18am On Apr 09, 2022
Una don steal Europe headline 'energy crisis'
As if nor be crisis we dey since naija was founded. Abegiiii make I hear word! Una too dey copy copy...

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2022
They should just shutdown down Nigeria... Let everybody and find another entity to be part of.

Is this the reasonable thing a dying company should do?

National grid that has never been steady for 2months in the last 30years. Nothing works...SMH undecided
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by FEGEITOK: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2022
QuinModah:
3KW INVERTER SETUP + SOLAR

1. 3Kw 24volt Hybrid inverter = #330,000

2. Battery Bank 12v 200AH 4pcs = #165,000 x 4 = #660,000 (QUANTA BATTERY)

3. Solar Array 350w 9pcs = #80,000 x 9 = #720,000

4. Solar mounting rails on roof and its accessories = #46,000

5. Battery Rack = #35,000

6. DC & AC Cables = #80,000

7. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box, #50,000

8. Waybill to Anambra = #70,000 - within Lagos

9. Installation = #150,000

TOTAL = #2,141,000

Call SMJAY CONCEPT +2348151346579

Quoted for reference

5 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by mickyeddi(m): 8:19am On Apr 09, 2022
Energy grid collapses again? As if it has ever been functional.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Mavor: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2022
JavaScript90:
Invest in a solar inverter system. I don't use gen anymore and I have light 24/7. This country is dead. I'm currently saving up for M.Sc & MBA in Canada or Belgium or when my green card comes from my parents in the US who have filed for me. Whichever comes first. I am almost 40 years and Nigeria is in the worst situation that I have ever experienced in my entire life

5 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by mickyeddi(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
feckos:
They should just shutdown down Nigeria... Let everybody and find another entity to be part of.

Is this the reasonable thing a dying company should do?

National grid that has never been steady for 2months in the last 30years. Nothing works...SMH undecided

Just ask the British to come and colonise this zoo. At least with them you k ow where you stand unlike the mumu plonkers in Aso rock.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by ade2008(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
Signum:

You are saying as if he only failed in power sector. Tell me one sector of the economy that Nigeria got better since his inception.

He's a monumental failure.

it's really terrible. Nothing is working, all promises failed. insecurity, ASU strike, incessant power collapse, ..... We are really in deep shit.
Re: Energy Crisis: Electricity National Grid Collapses Again by Jakumo(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2022
Nigeria is a nation of professional complainers, who love nothing more than heaping abuse on whoever happens to be the current president of that nation. Check the roofs in any American neighborhood, and you will see solar panels everywhere, especially on the West Coast and in states like Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Georgia, where the sun blazes down with intensity for much of the year.

Matter of fact, American homeowners are encouraged to invest in solar power for their homes and businesses, with tax breaks offered to those who install solar power alternatives, and by allowing owners of solar-powered homes and businesses to SELL their surplus generated power back into the national grid, whereby their electricity consumption meters actually run in reverse, generating credit that is paid back in cash to solar power consumers who remain connected to the national electrical grid.

It is certain that many of the people who make a career out of heaping abuse on successive Nigerian government administrations for their failure to supply enough electrical power have invested MILLIONS of naira to buy noisy, polluting, fuel-guzzling diesel and petrol generators to power their homes and business premises. For a fraction of the money wasted on generators and fuel, those same short-sighted complainers could have purchased solar power systems that would power their homes and businesses silently, with zero pollution and zero maintenance, for years and years.

The choice is yours, pellow kwantirimans. You can continue pointing the finger of blame at the current and future governments in Nigeria, or you can awaken from your stupor and go solar. Solar panels have a lifespan of 25 years before they need replacement. The deep-cycle batteries used to store energy from those solar panels have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years before requiring replacement. Compare that cost to the litany of recurrent expenditure for repair and fuel of noisy generators, and you don't need a college degree to realize that you need to go solar NOW.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Buhari’s Ministers Must Resign Before Primaries - APC / Video Of Atiku Song In The North: 'Sai Mun Bata Wuta' By Sarkin Waka / Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.