Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,490 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) (44293 Views)

I’m Pregnant With Twins And The Father Doesn’t Want Them. / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins / AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by DKM123: 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
As long as there was a breach of contract on the part of the American couple, they lose the SOLE right to those twins. It's as simple as ABC. It will now be left for a court to judge and say who rightfully should have those kids.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by lexy2014: 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
dre11:

How US-based Couple Are Using Police, Others To Forcibly Take Twins From Nigerian Surrogate Mother Despite Defaulting On Agreement—Lawyer

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/05/how-us-based-couple-are-using-police-others-forcibly-take-twins-nigerian-surrogate-mother

DNA no de work again? no need for all this drama. go to court and let the court demand DNA to resolve the matter

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Buksaylor: 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
dre11:

How US-based Couple Are Using Police, Others To Forcibly Take Twins From Nigerian Surrogate Mother Despite Defaulting On Agreement—Lawyer

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/05/how-us-based-couple-are-using-police-others-forcibly-take-twins-nigerian-surrogate-mother

You guys should shut up and don't support bad thing...go and hand over the babies to the rightful owners...

3 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by SQLmastar(m): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
grin we
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by DaddyFabooluz(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

1. Complainer was a surrogate
2. She got consideration for the contract
3. Babies are here now
4. She is refusing to hand them over.

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.

The American couple didn't fulfill their own part of the said contract so how do you expect her to just hand over the babies to them. Things don't work that way my dear.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by tomju2(f): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
You are wrong! What makes up a contract? When the terms of a contract isn't honoured, can you deem a contract had taken place? What was the motivation for the surrogacy? Written or oral, was it free?
If you say it's their words against theirs, it makes no difference because it's nether here nor there.
Question 1. Which hospital were they kids born? Does the USA couple know?
Question 2. How much did they pay?
3. When did they pay?
4. Was there an agreement reached?
5. Was it honoured? These would the line of thoughts the court would Consider. It's not a matter of sentiments, it's unjust to use someone and try to dump them after getting what you desired.
Read my lips, they won't win the custody battle. They reneged on the agreement. That particular Lawyer isn't a walk over. I know him personally. That American couple don enter serious long thing.
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

3. Babies are here now

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by yemex04(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
She will loose.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by sisisioge: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
DaddyFabooluz:

The American couple didn't fulfill their own part of the said contract so how do you expect her to just hand over the babies to them. Things don't work that way my dear.

How do we know that those her claimed terms were included in the contract? As far as surrogacy is concerned o....the simple contract is you carry my baby, I pay you and you relinquish the result of the pregnancy to me when you deliver. If all those other terms arent stated in print, na oyo she dey. She had acknowledged that it's a surrogacy arrangement and she got paid for it. EOD.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by PlanktonX: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nigerians will never keep to terms...

They will borrow 10,000 on money app yet refuse to pay back.
Take will collect keke napep on higher purchase, yet na the owner go dey pursue them about.

A surrogate mother is just a carrier, the egg and sperms belong to the real parents and the terms and conditions will clearly show this.

Am sure her friends advice her to abscond, maybe to forcefully demand for money cush.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

Did you read the article?

6 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by CardinalPrints: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by treatise: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
rickpat:
surrogacy wahala..

hopefully this is sorted out amicably.

IF YOU MUST DO SURROGACY, PLEASE GO THROUGH THE RIGHT CHANNEL,USE A SURROGATE LAWYER AND MEET ALL YOUR OBLIGATIONS ...the surrogate mum must have fallen in love with the babies

Naija and oyinbo land not be the same. It's a big business in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and rules/laws are obeyed in those places.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by sisisioge: 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
tomju2:
You are wrong! What makes up a contract? When the terms of a contract isn't honoured, can you deem a contract had taken place? What was the motivation for the surrogacy? Written or oral, was it free?
If you say it's their words against theirs, it makes no difference because it's nether here nor there.
Question 1. Which hospital were they kids born? Does the USA couple know?
Question 2. How much did they pay?
3. When did they pay?
4. Was there an agreement reached?
5. Was it honoured? These would the line of thoughts the court would Consider. It's not a matter of sentiments, it's unjust to use someone and try to dump them after getting what you desired.
Read my lips, they won't win the custody battle. They reneged on the agreement. That particular Lawyer isn't a walk over. I know him personally. That American couple don enter serious long thing.

Well, like I earlier wrote, were those her terms written in the contract? If not then the simple facts would be that it's a surrogacy arrangement, she got paid 600k but now refusing to hand over the babies.

All those sponsor me abroad, sponsor me in nursing school, pay medical bills of my parents might have been verbally expressed. If they arent written down, then the fact that she herself had acknowledged that it was a surrogate arrangement and she got paid 600k but now refusing to release the children has cast her. Even if na oga Falana, her chances are slim.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by harveygordon: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2022
onajo2000:
The eggs and sperm are not her so she can't claim the babies

She is the biological mother. Read paragraph 2.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
when I saw the term "surrogacy " I knew the Nigerian surrogate mother is the criminal and interpol are not the Nigerian police, the surrogate mother should give back the child to her client and the client should fulfill all parts of the agreement !

All stand, Court !!!!
this case has been adjourned to further notice

Presiding judge

Heathrow44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by rickleye: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
onajo2000:
The eggs and sperm are not her so she can't claim the babies
The eggs are her’s. They were extracted and artificial inserminated with sperm and placed back in carrier.

5 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Born2Breed(f): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

What are you even saying?

A breached contract is invalid.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by fmonigent(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

Nairaland surrogate lawyer, we dey listen to you. Anyway na hear e go end

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Johnsown1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
According to the long epistles the american couple didnt fulfil their surrrogacy contract. So its either a heavy compensation will be paid to the defendant or they forget about the children which i doubt

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Housing(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:
Effiong is obviously not a surrogate lawyer. He should go to court rather than come to the public. Is it the public that will help them resolve contractual issues?

By the way, the last time I checked, you are not allowed to be a surrogate mother for personal gain. The only payment the surrogate mother is entitled to is payment strictly related to the pregnancy. Which one is pay for parents surgeries and sponsor client in the US? Is that how it is done in Nigeria? I’m sure if they had gone through a reputable surrogacy agency, they won’t be having this issue.

Surrogacy goes beyond being a donor. The bolded is not true. The contract was consummated in Nigeria and not United States of America.

The contract terms if any will be the guide if there was any else there is no surrogacy at all but mother and father (genetic parents). And battle for the babies custody presently favours the mother.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

Madam did you read the article?? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2022
Johnsown1:
According to the long epistles the american couple didnt fulfil their surrrogacy contract. So its either a heavy compensation will be paid to the defendant or they forget about the children which i doubt
Omo , them wan play Fast one on the woman grin. The woman con show them say na street them dey. cool

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Johnsown1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Omo , them wan play Fast one on the woman grin. The woman con show them say na street them dey. cool

Lol,they wanted to run the woman like a common slave but wahala don too much for them

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:
Effiong is obviously not a surrogate lawyer. He should go to court rather than come to the public. Is it the public that will help them resolve contractual issues?

By the way, the last time I checked, you are not allowed to be a surrogate mother for personal gain. The only payment the surrogate mother is entitled to is payment strictly related to the pregnancy. Which one is pay for parents surgeries and sponsor client in the US? Is that how it is done in Nigeria? I’m sure if they had gone through a reputable surrogacy agency, they won’t be having this issue.

The lawyer is Quack forget all his noise making, If he is sure of what her client is telling him he should publish the signed contract, he ran to social media just for the frenzy and public opinion. I am sure the couple will win this hands down, like you said surrogacy is strictly for the surrogates and won't involve catering for third party, I think the girl decided to change goal post because she felt she is having the longer stick, trust interpol they "rarely" involve in illegal civil matter, let inibehe abi wetin be e name go court and present his case and stop running around sahara reporters to publish it as news as we for Nigeria get bigger issue than to bother about surrogate mother and her client.

3 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
Housing:

Surrogacy goes beyond being a donor. The bolded is not true. The contract was consummated in Nigeria and not United States of America.

The contract terms if any will be the guide if there was any else there is no surrogacy at all but mother and father (genetic parents). And battle for the babies custody presently favours the mother.

So surrogate mothers are paid in Nigeria? Didn’t know that. It’s a crime to pay a surrogate mother in some places. You pay for pregnancy related expenses and also upkeep for the period of the pregnancy. Let a court in Nigeria decide then

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Harddiskng(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
dre11:

2. That they will pay for her parents’ urgently needed surgeries; and 3. That they will fully cater for her personal, antenatal and postnatal needs and other essential and ancillary needs.

“Following the acceptance of the above conditions by Mr. and Mrs. Onyemaobi, our client was admitted at a fertility clinic in Lagos State in February 2021 where she successfully underwent the process of traditional surrogacy resulting in her pregnancy and eventual delivery of a set of male twins named Chukwuemeka and Chinonso.

“However, our client briefed us that soon after she donated her eggs which were extracted from her and artificially inseminated using sperm purportedly from Mr. Onyemaobi, which resulted in her pregnancy, the couple abandoned her to her fate and did not show reasonable concern or care towards her and her unborn babies. It took persistent complaints from our client before the couple reluctantly sent a paltry sum of N600,000 (Six Hundred Thousand Naira only) to her at two instalments of N400,000 and N200,000 respectively.”

Trust Nigerians to try to milk every situation to the last drop. She is a thief that’s what she is.

Couples sent you a whooping 600k you talk say na paltry (I am sure this is even outside the agreed sum). They should feed all your family members, pay your parents medical bills, sponsor you to USA for nursing, do things you ordinarily cannot afford by yourself. Just look at all the tall demands just because you're a surrogate undecided

Its the couple i blame, there was no written agreement with all the terms and conditions stated.

The couples should leave her to keep the babies, a single mother in Nigeria with twins. She never see anything yet. I am sure someone has advised her to hold the babies father to ransom since he is an American citizen undecided

4 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by advanceDNA: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Brendaniel:
Ok, from the little I read there, the Nigerian/American couple tried to play the Nigerian surrogate mother street, then the surrogate mother decided to play them street too by running away with the surrogate babies, the Nigerian/American couple decided to leave the street and invited the police to bully the surrogate mother to collect the surrogate babies without fulfilling their promises to the surrogate mother...

The surrogate mother is crying for justice...

Who will agree to such conditions??
How much are they paying for surrogacy..??

5million at most....because the coupe has to pay for IVF separately..

This one wants to collect full relocation to USA plus nursing education...Nursing education is not less that 25,000-35,000 dollars per year...
She still want the couple to take care of her parents....

It’s fraud and massive exploitation
No one will agree to such arrangement ..
The reason those couple came to Nigeria was to pay less since surrogacy is dangerously expensive in the US...

4 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by jimyjames(m): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:

The surrogate mom is related to the couple, looks like she wants the couple to treat her like family and relocate her and her boyfriend to the US and take care of her parents as well
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by TheWolfen(m): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
There is more to this story.
Mr lawyer your client is not telling the whole truth cheesy

Let's hear from the couple.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband / Husband In Tears As Wife Showers Praises On Him For Being A Good Hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.