Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) (44302 Views)

I’m Pregnant With Twins And The Father Doesn’t Want Them. / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins / AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by medriano: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

1. Complainer was a surrogate
2. She got consideration for the contract
3. Babies are here now
4. She is refusing to hand them over.

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.

The American couple won’t win. They had an agreement which the American couple failed to see through.
They promised to take her abroad so she could study nursing.....it never happened.
They promised to pay for her parents surgeries....it didn’t happen either and the surrogate mum lost her father on her birthday cos they failed to fulfill their promise.
Besides, the eggs belong to the surrogate mum.
You had babies coming yet abandoned the surrogate mum. They can never lay claim to those children, never.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by medriano: 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

How do we know that those her claimed terms were included in the contract? As far as surrogacy is concerned o....the simple contract is you carry my baby, I pay you and you relinquish the result of the pregnancy to me when you deliver. If all those other terms arent stated in print, na oyo she dey. She had acknowledged that it's a surrogacy arrangement and she got paid for it. EOD.

Where in that write up did they say she was paid? Na wa o.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by medriano: 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
advanceDNA:

Who will agree to such conditions??
How much are they paying for surrogacy..??

5million at most....because the coupe has to pay for IVF separately..

This one wants to collect full relocation to USA plus nursing education...Nursing education is not less that 25,000-35,000 dollars per year...
She still want the couple to take care of her parents....

It’s fraud and massive exploitation
No one will agree to such arrangement ..
The reason those couple came to Nigeria was to pay less since surrogacy is dangerously expensive in the US...

If it’s easy, get pregnant let’s see.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by NaBanga: 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
The wife has 5 children from a previous relationship. Why would she so desperately want 2 children by surrogacy? Please check these people very well. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by just2endowed: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

They used her egg for the process

They use are womb for the process, not her egg
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by gondon(m): 12:57am On Apr 10, 2022
The Nigeria woman or Surrogate mother will win....

Let her go to American Embassy and report the couple's.. I can tell you authoritatively that those couples will come begging, because before that child will get a passport, DNA test will be done and agreement with the surrogate mother must be handed over.

I am talking from experience.

Make una tell d surrogate mother to Waka go Embassy........

Game over

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by olisaEze(m): 1:37am On Apr 10, 2022
"where she successfully underwent the process of traditional surrogacy"

So the man boinked her via old road, the natural way! See paree in groove!! grin
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 5:10am On Apr 10, 2022
onajo2000:
The eggs and sperm are not her so she can't claim the babies

The article said the eggs are hers.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 5:21am On Apr 10, 2022
sisisioge:

How do we know that those her claimed terms were included in the contract? As far as surrogacy is concerned o....the simple contract is you carry my baby, I pay you and you relinquish the result of the pregnancy to me when you deliver. If all those other terms arent stated in print, na oyo she dey. She had acknowledged that it's a surrogacy arrangement and she got paid for it. EOD.

The question then is if the payment even covered for the antenatal, birth and post-natal activities which included incubation of the babies, asides her own personal payment as a surrogate mother.

Another issue on ground here is that her eggs were used.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by advanceDNA: 5:27am On Apr 10, 2022
medriano:

If it’s easy, get pregnant let’s see.

What’s this one saying?

..but it’s easy to collect over 200,000$ worth of compensation for surrogacy..
...nine months yaff complete naa..she too should deliver all she demanded from the abroad couple through her vagina

When you are greedy, you open yourself to being cheated...there’s always a realistic price for every thing, no matter how hard it is....
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 5:27am On Apr 10, 2022
Harddiskng:

Trust Nigerians to try to milk every situation to the last drop. She is a thief that’s what she is.

Couples sent you a whooping 600k you talk say na paltry (I am sure this is even outside the agreed sum). They should feed all your family members, pay your parents medical bills, sponsor you to USA for nursing, do things you ordinarily cannot afford by yourself. Just look at all the tall demands just because you're a surrogate undecided

Its the couple i blame, there was no written agreement with all the terms and conditions stated.

The couples should leave her to keep the babies, a single mother in Nigeria with twins. She never see anything yet. I am sure someone has advised her to hold the babies father to ransom since he is an American citizen undecided

600k is whopping? shocked To take care of hospital bills of two babies that were incubated for a month? I'm surprised to hear this cry.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 5:33am On Apr 10, 2022
just2endowed:

But the baby is not biological hers, why can't she come to terms with her lawyers and the US lawyers do that they will reach an agreement.

Those US couple are ready to delopy all their live saving and resources to get those twins.

Biologically hers!
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 5:38am On Apr 10, 2022
just2endowed:

They used her eggs according to the post.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by revolt(m): 6:13am On Apr 10, 2022
They will take her to U.S Are they U.S embassy ? They just want to use the kids to milk the couple... 600k is meagre? That tells a lot...

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by PaAdu02(m): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2022
The lawyer was just blabbing..I'm seeing deceit from the surrogate mother,the lawyer was lieing,he even said paltry 600k can't nurse pregnancy..Tell us the content of the contract and the whole financial obligations in there
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Okoroawusa: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2022
This Saharareporters lawyer knows how to use Saharareporters to blackmail people in any case he is involved in.

If there was a written agreement signed by both parties then this rigmarole by the lawyer and his client isn't necessary. The fact remains that the babies do not belong to the lady in hiding.

If na America this lawyer try this publicity stunt then he has lost this case and might even get sued.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Harddiskng(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2022
IamAsiri:

600k is whopping? shocked To take care of hospital bills of two babies that were incubated for a month? I'm surprised to hear this cry.

From when you were born till this very moment (your entire life), have you ever gifted anybody up to 300k? Of cuz not. Thats how valuable half of that money is to your life.

In this situation the lawyer just mentioned parts of the contract he thought would buy him public sympathy. I’m very sure the 600k was gifted outside the entire agreed sum. For someone to so grateful to look down on 600k. Red flag.

@IamAsiri How many people in your life right now can dash you 200k today? Young man take a seat.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Alusiizizi(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2022
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

3. Babies are here now

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.

It depends on where the case is resolved. In the U.S.A, the surrogate mother is the legal mother of the children and the only way that this can change is if she explicitly gives up custody of the twins.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by muzeze77: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2022
If it's the surrogate eggs that was used then the children are her biological children
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by socialmediaman: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2022
just2endowed:

“However, our client briefed us that soon after she donated her eggs which were extracted from her and artificially inseminated using sperm purportedly from Mr. Onyemaobi, which resulted in her pregnancy,

You didn’t read this part or you just make up your own stories?
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Harddiskng:

From when you were born till this very moment (your entire life), have you ever gifted anybody up to 300k? Of cuz not. Thats how valuable half of that money is to your life.

In this situation the lawyer just mentioned parts of the contract he thought would buy him public sympathy. I’m very sure the 600k was gifted outside the entire agreed sum. For someone to so grateful to look down on 600k. Red flag.

@IamAsiri How many people in your life right now can dash you 200k today? Young man take a seat.

As a matter of fact, yes. Do you think I am a pauper? Do you even know me? For your information, I am neither young nor a man. Learn to talk to people with civility when you are on a faceless forum (you sound pathetic).

Modified: In fact, I am surprised that you refused to talk about the issue I raised but decided to come all out to attack my personality. This really shows the kind of person you are.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by just2endowed: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

You didn’t read this part or you just make up your own stories?

Corrected
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Harddiskng(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
IamAsiri:

As a matter of fact, yes. Do you think I am a pauper? Do you even know me? For your information, I am neither young nor a man. Learn to talk to people with civility when you are on a faceless forum (you sound pathetic).

Modified: In fact, I am surprised that you refused to talk about the issue I raised but decided to come all out to attack my personality. This really shows the kind of person you are.

It wasn’t meant as an insult. You just took it as one.

Like they say the truth is bitter.

I thank God you are not young and by God’s grace you would live many more years in health and wealth. But till now you have never gifted anybody in the world 600k, why call it paltry.

It is the issue that is being discussed, the surrogate mother should show gratitude especially when people do things, that nobody else in the entire world would do for them.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by ajl: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nothing work and people hardly honor agreements in a lawless country.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by ajl: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
Harddiskng:

I thank God you are not young and by God’s grace you would live many more years in health and wealth. But till now you have never gifted anybody in the world 600k, why call it paltry.

It is the issue that is being discussed, the surrogate mother should show gratitude especially when people do things, that nobody else in the entire world would do for them.

Why can't they go and purchase babies in the market with that N600k if it's that easy. If there is an agreement, they have to keep to it. The couple should stop acting like bunch of criminals. They act like couples who in the past brought a teenage girl over to America and turned such to housegirl, depriving her of freedom, even though they had promised her education and other things before leaving Nigeria. Evil minded individuals.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by IamAsiri: 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
Harddiskng:

I never called it paltry. Just correcting you that it isn't whopping either. Hope you know that 1 million now has no value anymore. To take proper care of preemie twins, you would be spending close to that in this present economy.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by harmony75: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
Irresponsible couple this wickedness resulted to them not having kids of their own!
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by iamL(f): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mimi.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Nickymezor(f): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hmmm, I really wana see how this ish go end

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by SaintUlot: 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

You forget the fact that she owns the egg, she is the mother of those kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry / Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.