Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) (44301 Views)

I’m Pregnant With Twins And The Father Doesn’t Want Them. / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins / AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by WibusJaga: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
The fact that the surrogate mother provided the egg makes her the biological mother of the twins so the American couple can't easily lay claims to the babies.

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Cyberwrestler: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

1. Complainer was a surrogate
2. She got consideration for the contract
3. Babies are here now
4. She is refusing to hand them over.

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.

Did you read the post?? Her egg and the Man's sperm was used. So IT IS her babies.

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by casppyjay: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:
Effiong is obviously not a surrogate lawyer. He should go to court rather than come to the public. Is it the public that will help them resolve contractual issues?

By the way, the last time I checked, you are not allowed to be a surrogate mother for personal gain. The only payment the surrogate mother is entitled to is payment strictly related to the pregnancy. Which one is pay for parents surgeries and sponsor client in the US? Is that how it is done in Nigeria? I’m sure if they had gone through a reputable surrogacy agency, they won’t be having this issue.
our politics is local so is our surrogacy terms and conditions Bce!!!
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by jaxxy(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
The baby belongs to the mother and much as the father. Since the agreement wasn't honoured they should revert to babydaddy and babymama.

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Brendaniel: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
advanceDNA:

Who will agree to such conditions??
How much are they paying for surrogacy..??

5million at most....because the coupe has to pay for IVF separately..

This one wants to collect full relocation to USA plus nursing education...Nursing education is not less that 25,000-35,000 dollars per year...
She still want the couple to take care of her parents....

It’s fraud and massive exploitation
No one will agree to such arrangement ..
The reason those couple came to Nigeria was to pay less since surrogacy is dangerously expensive in the US...

but why did they agree to such in the first place...
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by TheWolfen(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
advanceDNA:

Who will agree to such conditions??
How much are they paying for surrogacy..??

5million at most....because the coupe has to pay for IVF separately..

This one wants to collect full relocation to USA plus nursing education...Nursing education is not less that 25,000-35,000 dollars per year...
She still want the couple to take care of her parents....

It’s fraud and massive exploitation
No one will agree to such arrangement ..
The reason those couple came to Nigeria was to pay less since surrogacy is dangerously expensive in the US...

Lol you can imagine !!
She is just a cheat cheesy
I will like to know if the couple truly agree to that

3 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by jimyjames(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Praktikals:
Cheating is in every Igbo's DNA. The average ndigbo is looking for the slightest opportunity to swindle the other person.
Check very well, there are more internet scammers from one particular region than they are in igboland, they have gone beyond just normal smartness people use to swindle people , they sacrifice humans to get power of command in order to hypnotise their victims and command them to send them money
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by advanceDNA: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
Brendaniel:

but why did they agree to such in the first place...

Somebody is lying ..it’s not possible for them to agree to such ..

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Greyworld: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
Praktikals:
Cheating is in every Igbo's DNA. The average ndigbo is looking for the slightest opportunity to swindle the other person.
May the fleas of a thousand cattle feast on your scrotum
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Brendaniel: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
advanceDNA:

Somebody is lying ..it’s not possible for them to agree to such ..

well, we can't tell, that's why investigations should be done...
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by haslaw(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
Onyema, Onyekaobi, Chinyere, Abia, Ana...

I knew it had to be mkporu miri cannibals.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by homesinabuja(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:
The american couples will win....na their babies....there was a contract....were those her "terms" written or just through handshakes.....they must be clearly stated fa. Otherwise, it's her words against their words. The obvious facts are:

3. Babies are here now

She is in obvious breach....the kids are not hers. Highest is she would get some additional compensations but if the couple wants to finish her, she'll be the one paying them despite handing over the babies.
Did you read through and still made this comment?
Na wa ooo
The couple abandoned the mother, didn't pay for antenatal neither did they pay for her feedings nor the delivery process and you expect her to hand over the baby.
You don't have human feelings or what?

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by juman(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
Straight forward issue but sad that it went bad.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Owopariola01: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:
Effiong is obviously not a surrogate lawyer. He should go to court rather than come to the public. Is it the public that will help them resolve contractual issues?

By the way, the last time I checked, you are not allowed to be a surrogate mother for personal gain. The only payment the surrogate mother is entitled to is payment strictly related to the pregnancy. Which one is pay for parents surgeries and sponsor client in the US? Is that how it is done in Nigeria? I’m sure if they had gone through a reputable surrogacy agency, they won’t be having this issue.

Lol. Are there women that would gladly carry a baby for 9months for the fun of it or without personal gain in a gestational surrogacy?

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Praktikals(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
Greyworld:

May the fleas of a thousand cattle feast on my scrotum
Amen!
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
rickpat:
surrogacy wahala..

hopefully this is sorted out amicably.

IF YOU MUST DO SURROGACY, PLEASE GO THROUGH THE RIGHT CHANNEL,USE A SURROGATE LAWYER AND MEET ALL YOUR OBLIGATIONS ...the surrogate mum must have fallen in love with the babies
and when she fall in love with the baby so, even God no go fit collect the baby oh instead they die together, and the baby is even up to 7months in her hand, instead for the yeye couple to settle her, they're spending money for Interpol and useless nigerian police which bribe has destroy thier brain

1 Like

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Eaglesence: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
dre11:

How US-based Couple Are Using Police, Others To Forcibly Take Twins From Nigerian Surrogate Mother Despite Defaulting On Agreement—Lawyer

Human beings can not be trusted.

Trust your fellow man at your own peril sad sad sad

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/05/how-us-based-couple-are-using-police-others-forcibly-take-twins-nigerian-surrogate-mother

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Double0h7(f): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
The surrogate mother's demands are extortionate and unreasonable so the couple should have backed out. On the other hand since it's her eggs then it's her children so that makes everything complicated.

3 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by legba1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yureyes:

They chose to use family ties to negotiate. The surrogate collected 600k and she was not well informed... Now her lawyer is trying to gain public sympathy rather than heard to court...
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by just2endowed: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
socialmediaman:
I know this story is probably way more complicated than what was posted here.

If a written agreement exists with these alleged terms included, then the surrogate has a case, but still, it may be case of the US couple having their baby and paying compensation to the surrogate for reneging on parts of the agreement. Also, considering that the US couple don't have the authority to guarantee a US visa, that portion of the agreement may be invalid already. It's like promising to make someone President of Nigeria if they donate to your charity. Your money is gone, bro.

If there was no written agreement, then the case becomes even more complicated. But the fact that she admits there was a surrogacy agreement and she accepted 600K from the couple means there was actually a surrogacy agreement, and US couple may get the child in the end. The surrogate may even get in trouble for reneging on the agreement with concocted stories. There have been many cases of surrogates changing their minds and refusing to give the baby to the couples

But the baby is not biological hers, why can't she come to terms with her lawyers and the US lawyers do that they will reach an agreement.

Those US couple are ready to delopy all their live saving and resources to get those twins.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by BCD2much(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
felixotalu2:
please nairalanders i know this is wrong and i know no body owe me anything,it not i have not been working hard.but thing have been very had for me and this evening would make it the 3 day i haven't eaten please someone should help me with 1000 naira to eat.

You said it yourself that's wrong, I don't sponsor bad projects
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by integrity16(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

There are two parties to a contract, they didn't fulfill their side of the contract according to the post.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by rickpat(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
and when she fall in love with the baby so, even God no go fit collect the baby oh instead they die together, and the baby is even up to 7months in her hand, instead for the yeye couple to settle her, they're spending money for Interpol and useless nigerian police which bribe has destroy thier brain
its just crazy...they should meet up with their moral obligation...though by law the babies are theirs...but at least do what you promised the surrogate mum...it's not easy having a baby...labour room is life and death
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by rickpat(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
treatise:

Naija and oyinbo land not be the same. It's a big business in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and rules/laws are obeyed in those places.
the law is obeyed here in Nigeria as well...we have agencies that do it along side their surrogate lawyers.... though I know in.canada it's only legal if the surrogate mum will do it free of charge,you only take care of her during the pregnancy period but it becomes ILLEGAL if you pay the surrogate mum and you could go to jail...I don't know of USA though

2 Likes

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Tedpgrass: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
rickpat:
surrogacy wahala..

hopefully this is sorted out amicably.

IF YOU MUST DO SURROGACY, PLEASE GO THROUGH THE RIGHT CHANNEL,USE A SURROGATE LAWYER AND MEET ALL YOUR OBLIGATIONS ...the surrogate mum must have fallen in love with the babies

See this as a future route to regular paychecks

Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by lovchalice(f): 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
The eggs are hers
Read again
onajo2000:
The eggs and sperm are not her so she can't claim the babies
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Miyachi: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:

3. Babies are here now

Did you read were they breached the terms of the contract? She is in her right to terminate the contract if the terms agreed upon have not been fulfilled. If this case is tried in any competent court, they are clearly losing.

I don't even think they're fit to be parents.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Henz81: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Praktikals:
Shut up your dirty mouth. Ewu gambia
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Miyachi: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
socialmediaman:
I know this story is probably way more complicated than what was posted here.

If a written agreement exists with these alleged terms included, then the surrogate has a case, but still, it may be case of the US couple having their baby and paying compensation to the surrogate for reneging on parts of the agreement. Also, considering that the US couple don't have the authority to guarantee a US visa, that portion of the agreement may be invalid already. It's like promising to make someone President of Nigeria if they donate to your charity. Your money is gone, bro.

If there was no written agreement, then the case becomes even more complicated. But the fact that she admits there was a surrogacy agreement and she accepted 600K from the couple means there was actually a surrogacy agreement, and US couple may get the child in the end. The surrogate may even get in trouble for reneging on the agreement with concocted stories. There have been many cases of surrogates changing their minds and refusing to give the baby to the couples
I don't think that is how the law works. If I draw up an agreement/contract with impossible terms, it means I can't enforce such contract, especially if those terms or conditions were impossible to complete from the inception of said contract. Also, in contractual law, an agreement can either be verbal or written.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by socialmediaman: 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
just2endowed:

But the baby is not biological hers, why can't she come to terms with her lawyers and the US lawyers do that they will reach an agreement.

Those US couple are ready to delopy all their live saving and resources to get those twins.

They used her egg for the process
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by medriano: 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
onajo2000:
The eggs and sperm are not her so she can't claim the babies

The eggs belong to the surrogate mum.
Re: US-based Couple Accuses Nigerian Surrogate Mother Of Absconding With Twins (pic) by Marisujuaku(f): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
Her demands are outrageous. I'll always tell people to remove family ties while making things with relations. Follow the law, cause they'll still come back to frustrate your life. Someone has advised her to keep the children being the mother, so that the husband would be forced to relocate them abroad and marry her in the process.
God help my gender. We're too manipulative and unreliable.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ? / Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.