Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter (6264 Views)

How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mindlog: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

She better off signing the divorce papers, reality is they have been separated for 7 years or he has never returned ever since and you still call it a valid marriage ? who stays 7 years without sex?

Reality is they divorced long back due to years of not physically not seeing each other.

I dont think he will fight over the house they built, he has higher chance to built another house and also he can leave as part of compersenation to the wife.

As per child, it depends how he wants to deal with it i.e per culture or law, law favours the mom most african culture favour the father

Then the other side is education, ecomonically and exposed, allowing the child to go to her father, in netherlands were those 3 i meantioned are better off in netherlands than nigeria

He can't decide how to deal with it, they are legally married even if they were married customarily, they will still end up in court and the court will not grant custody to a father who has been physically away from the daughter for how many years now?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2022
Mindlog:

He can't decide how to deal with it, they are legally married even if they were married customarily, they will still end up in court and the court will not grant custody to a father who has been physically away from the daughter for how many years now?

yes i understand that very well but how many people who are legally married but lost property to the relatives of their husbands ? meaning the issue was never take to court and was dealt with traditionally or bullying came
the relatives and the woman lost what she worked for with her husband

My point is he can be wise not the fight for custody as per custom and tradition and highlight the benefits child moving o
netherlands and grabbing opportunities that the child might never had while in nigeria

Eg besides education etc, if the child moves to
netherlands now but the times the child turns 18 they might gain citizenship and opening avenues for the mom
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Mindlog: 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

yes i understand that very well but how many people who are legally married but lost property to the relatives of their husbands ? meaning the issue was never take to court and was dealt with traditionally or bullying came
the relatives and the woman lost what she worked for with her husband

My point is he can be wise not the fight for custody as per custom and tradition and highlight the benefits child moving o
netherlands and grabbing opportunities that the child might never had while in nigeria

Eg besides education etc, if the child moves to
netherlands now but the times the child turns 18 they might gain citizenship and opening avenues for the mom

Guy will certainly not be eager to file for his daughter to come join him in the Netherlands where he lives with his second wife(because he is still legally married to the first) who he secretly married going by the OP, as that would blow his cover as his second marriage is illegal before Dutch laws as he can't convince the child to lie that he was never married to the mother and same mother is expected to give her written consent as part of the visa application.
Re: My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter by Kingsmm55: 5:02am On Nov 10, 2022
You don't try such a weighty divorce case in absentia...your sister should not release the child to any own;they own the child together. Your sister should not abdicate from her home;they own it together.let your sister make the case legal with Court of competent jurisdiction. Immediately the guy sets his foot here his passport will be confiscated... Then they settle it once and for all.she should not attend to anything by proxy.....she should not attend to any relatives of the guy.........it is between the duo's.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think Marriage In Africa Is Against Women. / What Has Parenthood Changed About You? / Happy Children's Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.