Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Science Or Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Or Religion? (534 Views)

Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous / What Made You Leave Church Or Religion? / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
For me,I believe in God but not a religious fellow.

I strongly stand with science because unlike religion, science questions some kinda things,and even provide concrete answers after thorough research and investigations.

Religion on the other hand is a direct opposite of science,you are meant to swallow and digest whatever you are taught.even when is questionable.

Share your view on science or religion.

1 Like

Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
Science says nothing rather , it is scientist that do that. And neither does science offer logical claims for the existence of the universe ,but religion on the other presents a better and more logical explanation for everything we see in the universe
Re: Science Or Religion? by hayoholla(m): 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Science says nothing rather , it is scientist that do that. And neither does science offer logical claims for the existence of the universe ,but religion on the other presents a better and more logical explanation for everything we see in the universe

Science says nothing? Are you sure something is inside that skullof yours like this? Lots like you are no different from extremist. undecided. Nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: Science Or Religion? by elated177: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:
For me,I believe in God but not a religious fellow.

I strongly stand with science because unlike religion, science questions some kinda things,and even provide concrete answers after thorough research and investigations.

Religion on the other hand is a direct opposite of science,you are meant to swallow and digest whatever you are taught.even when is questionable.

Share your view on science or religion.

Which "God" do you believe in? What are your beliefs? What is science?
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:

I agree with you on this.

But sometimes science prove way more than religion. science have a comprehensive explanation on what religion would tag"handwork of witches"e.g when people have "sleep paralysis",they would quickly say they were pressed by witches
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
elated177:

Which "God" do you believe in? What are your beliefs? What is science?

I believe in the existence of the Christian God.

What is science?funny question
Re: Science Or Religion? by elated177: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

I believe in the existence of the Christian God.

What is science?funny question

Are you a Christian?

Yeah! It is a valid question. What is science?
Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
[s]
hayoholla:

Science says nothing? Are you sure something is inside that skullof yours like this? Lots like you are no different from extremist. undecided. Nonsense and ingredients.
[/s] Science has never said anything, it is scientists that do . Quote me anywhere grin
Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

I agree with you on this.

But sometimes science prove way more than religion. science have a comprehensive explanation on what religion would tag"handwork of witches"e.g when people have "sleep paralysis",they would quickly say they were pressed by witches
Extremist would say everything is related to witches but let's not forget that some of these claims could be valid especially when the evidences run contrary to what a person may be experiencing.
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
elated177:

Are you a Christian?

Yeah! It is a valid question. What is science?
. science to me,is the complete opposite of religion.

An avenue that gives room for research.
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Extremist would say everything is related to witches but let's not forget that some of these claims could be valid especially when the evidences run contrary to what a person may be experiencing.

Whatever it is, science still has an explanation.
Science won't accept anything to be mystery unlike religion.
Re: Science Or Religion? by Puremind1225: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
None makes sense at times
Re: Science Or Religion? by emorse(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Puremind1225:
None makes sense at times
Can you give an example of such times?
Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Whatever it is, science still has an explanation.
Science won't accept anything to be mystery unlike religion.
Really... ? Okay, can science explain why we have moral laws in society? If yes, who or what sets the standard for those laws ?
Re: Science Or Religion? by peterincredible: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bros with my own little research I can tell you that that is one of the weak point of religion(mostly abrahamic religion) they try to separate science from spirituality which is not possible if you take a look at most of the early scientist and matimathicians you will notice that they are highly spiritul people eg pythagora, Nicola teslar etc infact science is an off shoot of alchemy if you research old historical text and old religions like Hinduism for example you will hear about the pineal gland and the energetic body which helps man to control energy (life force) which can be used for healing and even magick and is just recently that scientist discovered that yes it is true that the pineal gland is the third eye and can pick light sensor just like the eyes , it is just recently that scientist discovered that yes the human have a bio electromagnetic field round every human but this is what early spiritual text have talked about and practiced
When you watch Chinese martial art movies u will see the monks doing some kind of slow dance with their hands and legs do you think they are doing it for fun? They are controlling energy learning how to feel it and contoll it
You will see a Christian man see future events and he will say it(profecy) and it will come to pass and then the. Christian man will say he is called by God and that he is a prophet of God but the true fact is that all human have the ability to see future(clairvoyance) hear from spirit(clairaudience)
And even pickup slit small element that the average human can sense like (feeling other people's emotions, and that of animals) and even tasting and hearing electric current passing through a wire's and all these can me learned when you begin to meditate sit down go within your self
And begin to work on your chackras
All these things I just said is a common practice in the occult Newtonian physics can't explain the reason of these things but quantum physics is doing a good job in explaining them

In summary I will say science can't be separated from spirituality, religion tried to separate it in other to controll the masses

1 Like

Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Really... ? Okay, can science explain why we have moral laws in society? If yes, who or what sets the standard for those laws ?

grin hehehe grin standing by.

Why moral laws instead of evil laws? grin

Especially The Who, Who Set it! grin
Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin hehehe grin standing by.

Why moral laws instead of evil laws? grin

Especially The Who, Who Set it! grin
So who set the standards for those laws ...is it science, evolution or you don't know? grin
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:

Moral laws are universal rules every one should apply to.like is just common sense,even countries that are least religious have moral laws.

Question 2

I would say
Heritage and values
Re: Science Or Religion? by elated177: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

You haven't defined science. You aren't ready for a conversation. Are you?
Re: Science Or Religion? by Ammishaddai: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Moral laws are universal rules every one should apply to.like is just common sense,even countries that are least religious have moral laws.

Question 2

I would say
Heritage and values
This is not a scientific answers bros . So you can see that science has no answer to this question
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
peterincredible:
...In summary I will say science can't be separated from spirituality, religion tried to separate it in other to controll the masses

The Bible did not try to separate it, it placed it in its proper place. But it is because evil people relied on science and then attempted discarding spirituality, hence the severance became necessary.
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
elated177:

You haven't defined science. You aren't ready for a conversation. Are you?

Science has different definitions from different sources.
I don't how you want me to define it.
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
So who set the standards for those laws ...is it science, evolution or you don't know? grin

Am lawyer, I Know Who. grin

Would love to see his response most especially as most people, even my lawyers do not know that the word "Law" is Danish MEANING "THAT WHICH IS SET! " grin

So it's your opponent who needs to break his head on the WaLL sorry LLaw sorry Law! grin
Re: Science Or Religion? by elated177: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Give the definitions you know.
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Science only has one meaning which is-
"TO KNOW"
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
peterincredible:
Bros with my own little research I can tell you that that is one of the weak point of religion(mostly abrahamic religion) they try to separate science from spirituality which is not possible if you take a look at most of the early scientist and matimathicians you will notice that they are highly spiritul people eg pythagora, Nicola teslar etc infact science is an off shoot of alchemy if you research old historical text and old religions like Hinduism for example you will hear about the pineal gland and the energetic body which helps man to control energy (life force) which can be used for healing and even magick and is just recently that scientist discovered that yes it is true that the pineal gland is the third eye and can pick light sensor just like the eyes , it is just recently that scientist discovered that yes the human have a bio electromagnetic field round every human but this is what early spiritual text have talked about and practiced
When you watch Chinese martial art movies u will see the monks doing some kind of slow dance with their hands and legs do you think they are doing it for fun? They are controlling energy learning how to feel it and contoll it
You will see a Christian man see future events and he will say it(profecy) and it will come to pass and then the. Christian man will say he is called by God and that he is a prophet of God but the true fact is that all human have the ability to see future(clairvoyance) hear from spirit(clairaudience)
And even pickup slit small element that the average human can sense like (feeling other people's emotions, and that of animals) and even tasting and hearing electric current passing through a wire's and all these can me learned when you begin to meditate sit down go within your self
And begin to work on your chackras
All these things I just said is a common practice in the occult Newtonian physics can't explain the reason of these things but quantum physics is doing a good job in explaining them

In summary I will say science can't be separated from spirituality, religion tried to separate it in other to controll the masses

Wow,thanks for this.

I actually put up this thread to learn and am already learning
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
This is not a scientific answers bros . So you can see that science has no answer to this question

Ok boss
Heritage and value are also not religious though.

Pardon me if am wrong
Re: Science Or Religion? by elated177: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
peterincredible:

Science and spirituality are not really different from each other. Some just want to separate science from the Owner in order to ascribe glory to themselves.
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Ok boss
Heritage and value are also not religious though.

Pardon me if am wrong

Heritage has to do with inheritance and value has to do with goodness and both are covered by the Bible! grin

Neither of these answers question 2 "who or what sets the standard for those laws"
Re: Science Or Religion? by BigRocky: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
elated177:

Give the definitions you know.

BigRocky:

Science is a practice that solve mystery through observation and experiment.
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

You were not asked "what are moral laws?" But

"EXPLAIN WHY we have moral laws in society?"
Re: Science Or Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
BigRocky:

Science is a practice that solve mystery through observation and experiment.

You are still saying "What science does?" AND NOT WHAT IS SCIENCE?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mormon Prophet Had 20 Wives As Young As 9 Including His Own Daughter / . / How Many Kids Did Mary Jesus' Mother Have After Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.