Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day (53779 Views)

Photos Of The Chimpanzee And Monkey A Hunter Brought Home This Morning / Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / The Python I Found While Hanging Out With My Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by adadike(f): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mynd44, lalasticlala, this is a very good story that deserve front page honestly. People can also learn to conserve wild life not eat anything that eyes can see wey full this forum

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Landmack: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
adadike:
Mynd44, lalasticlala, this is a very good story that deserve front page honestly. People can also learn to conserve wild life not eat anything that eyes can see wey full this forum

Hunger wan kill op...he almost ate the python raw sef. Python wey no sit at home and was hustling for food while op was sitting at home and looking for python to eat. I wonder why Simon Ekpa the terrorist hasn’t sent them palliative to cushion hunger effect.

Hardworking python 10
Lazy Op 0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Janula12900: 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
Bzbxbbdb

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
phyton is a secrade animal we don't kill or eat phyton

Please who was snapping these pictures while you were busying rescuing the python.

Nice gesture from you but me...na to flee o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by frowland(m): 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
I'm at my own place ,

Why I thought of killing it is because am a Christian and phyton and snake are forbidden and sympolise evil ,

But been my custom we don't kill phyton it sacred and not aggressive ,so I followed my tradition.

Myopic

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by JooEeL(m): 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thanks for not killing it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
Can someone tell me why this guy saved a pyton?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by saintbillion(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
Viewing this thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by SeriouslySense(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
smiley smiley smiley Thats kind of you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Mrkumareze(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nice one OP, tradition first. If not for Abakiliki boys, my village would have plenty of this ball python .. we don't kill it, infact it's a taboo to do so.. but Aba boys has slaughtered it to the level you hardly see python on the street

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by VPN11(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Not everybody kill and eat python.
Since the OP said "sit at home" then it means that it was most probably in Igboland and more than 80% of Ndigbo don't kill or eat python.
Besides the title of thread clearly said "saved"

This is one of the things wrong with this forum and as well as Nigerians in general. If Nigerians ever considered Ndigbo as part of their country or this forum know anything about Igbo people, any time stories with pics of cooked python grace front page, they must include "GRAPHICS" as a way of warning Igbo people that might visit it.

But as Usual, Nigerians keep proving that they know absolutely NOTHING about Ndigbo

Best Comment Ever ;
You are great;
Remain everly blessed;
Nwa nnem;

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Majesty33(m): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
Generalwoodz:
Are you in Ogidi

Growing up in that eastern hinterland saw me and my friends play hide and seek with Eke idemili (python). This snake is gentle and would do everything it takes to stay out of harm's way. It is revered, worshipped and sacred.

It's virtually every where one turns. Under your bed, in the ceiling, under your table and boy ! I kid you not. These creepy creations are always in places unimaginable.

Sometimes in the night, As a boy (nwoke) hungrily waiting around the three stones supporting a Boiling pot, as mama puts all required ingredients to cook us AKPU and ofe onugbu. we would chat and discuss heartily how the day went... At some point, one would feel something cold rub, massage his Achilles heel which would give you a chilly sensation and you'd quickly scamper. when you go for the kerosene lantern to confirm what it is; you'd see the EKE in it's full glory slithering way like a visitor with abandon.

Till this day the custom is still respected.
Nice write up, are u are literature student?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Nice one OP, tradition first. If not for Abakiliki boys, my village would have plenty of this ball python .. we don't kill it, infact it's a taboo to do so.. but Aba boys has slaughtered it to the level you hardly see python on the street

Abegi called them Abakiliki boys not Aba boys...they are different. I have served in both cities. It sometimes confuses people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Sit at home kee you dere! Okoko! angry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Victerica(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
The gods are wise!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by BRATISLAVA: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
This afternoon Monday after taking my siesta thanks to the weekly sit at home that always give me the much needed rest ,I decided to take a walk at nearby farm observing nature , while receiving the fresh air and remembering my childhood memories of hunting grasshoppers , squirrel and birds, I smiled and thank the sit at home for giving me a break from day to day works .

As I was looking around I saw a fishing net probably trab so I decided to incept it ,then I saw this medium size phyton that has entangled around the net.

Our very own Snakes in the City guy.

Nice rescue. Hope it doesn't go looking for trouble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Focusmind: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
Generalwoodz:
Are you in Ogidi

Growing up in that eastern hinterland saw me and my friends play hide and seek with Eke idemili (python). This snake is gentle and would do everything it takes to stay out of harm's way. It is revered, worshipped and sacred.

It's virtually every where one turns. Under your bed, in the ceiling, under your table and boy ! I kid you not. These creepy creations are always in places unimaginable.

Sometimes in the night, As a boy (nwoke) hungrily waiting around the three stones supporting a Boiling pot, as mama puts all required ingredients to cook us AKPU and ofe onugbu. we would chat and discuss heartily how the day went... At some point, one would feel something cold rub, massage his Achilles heel which would give you a chilly sensation and you'd quickly scamper. when you go for the kerosene lantern to confirm what it is; you'd see the EKE in it's full glory slithering way like a visitor with abandon.

Till this day the custom is still respected.

You are a true Nwa-afo. You just described my village settings in the 80s. I am also from Idemili. There was a time we brought out an old box from an abandoned room in our old house in the village. As the box was opened, see this sparkling python crawled out. The people just watched as it made its way to the nearby bush.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Peppysco: 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Since the OP said "sit at home" then it means that it was most probably in Igboland and more than 80% of Ndigbo don't kill or eat python.

This is one of the things wrong with this forum and as well as Nigerians in general. If Nigerians ever considered Ndigbo as part of their country or this forum know anything about Igbo people, any time stories with pics of cooked python grace front page, they must include "GRAPHICS" as a way of warning Igbo people that might visit it.

But as Usual, Nigerians keep proving that they know absolutely NOTHING about Ndigbo

See the way you subtly introduced tribalism and bigotry into this innocent thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by haabidah666: 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Op, you get liver ooooo

I hate anything reptiles undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
This afternoon Monday after taking my siesta thanks to the weekly sit at home that always give me the much needed rest ,I decided to take a walk at nearby farm observing nature , while receiving the fresh air and remembering my childhood memories of hunting grasshoppers , squirrel and birds, I smiled and thank the sit at home for giving me a break from day to day works .

As I was looking around I saw a fishing net probably trab so I decided to incept it ,then I saw this medium size phyton that has entangled around the net.
as u saved the life of this innocent animal, so God will protect and guide u and you and family from generation to generation

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
Igbos or at least my region believe they are ancestors reincarnated. Although I doubt most people still truly believe that, the tradition is so deeply rooted that very few people would dare to kill a python in public.
Nuttella:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Landmack: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Do you know what else your Christian views forbid?
You.
Yes, your skin. Does the "curse of ham" according to your Christian views ring a bell?

It was the same view (Christian) they used to justify SLAVERY. According to them, you are the descendant of Ham (whatever that means).

Ment and disguise

I just dey this platform dey observe u

You’re not truly okay.

Op and at d same time replying himself.

Ipob members don off cloth,enter road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Jmichael1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lala will nack u 2wks ban if u did nt do d needful to dat phyton..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by anyilalaz: 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Janula12900:
Bzbxbbdb

What did you do when cyber criminals attack Bet9ja and you are here claiming a hacker? Hacker #ILL YOU THERE. Looking for who will fall victim to your scams.

General public disregard this guy... 419 on a loose

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by ThugBoy(m): 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
I'm curious why some people have feelings save these creepy Reptilia, what about the innocent fowl, animals that this same python kills and feeds on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Landmack: 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Peppysco:

See the way you subtly introduced tribalism and bigotry into this innocent thread.

U don’t know Bkayy?

That Ipob terrorist is same as d op

It takes an intelligent Nairalander to know this. Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Prevent: 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nuttella:
Because he is well Educated.

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by sirblend: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

80% ke
Where did you cook this statistic from?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Horse Refuses To Enter Keke Marwa (Video) / What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Monkey Seen Exercising, Doing Press Up (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.