Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day (53773 Views)

Photos Of The Chimpanzee And Monkey A Hunter Brought Home This Morning / Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / The Python I Found While Hanging Out With My Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by FuckOsuPigs: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Not everybody kill and eat python.
Since the OP said "sit at home" then it means that it was most probably in Igboland and more than 80% of Ndigbo don't kill or eat python.
Besides the title of thread clearly said "saved"

This is one of the things wrong with this forum and as well as Nigerians in general. If Nigerians ever considered Ndigbo as part of their country or this forum know anything about Igbo people, any time stories with pics of cooked python grace front page, they must include "GRAPHICS" as a way of warning Igbo people that might visit it.

But as Usual, Nigerians keep proving that they know absolutely NOTHING about Ndigbo

Are Ndigbo Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by john633(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
Your face show
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Shedrach00(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
Wow courageous

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by ZuesOfAnthens: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
OP na confirm Legend...we'll write your name in history books of Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by meetolu(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thanks, OP for saving this one.
That is a ball python (Python regius), also called the royal python, is a python species native to West and Central Africa, where it lives in grasslands, shrublands, and open forests. This nonvenomous constrictor is the smallest of the African pythons, growing to a maximum length of 182 cm (72 in). The name "ball python" refers to its tendency to curl into a ball as a defense strategy when stressed or frightened, with its head and neck tucked away in the middle. This defense behavior is typically employed in lieu of biting, which makes this species easy for humans to handle and has contributed to their popularity as pets.

In the wild, ball pythons favor mammal burrows and other underground hiding places, where they also aestivate. Males tend to display more semi-arboreal behaviors, whilst females tend towards terrestrial behaviors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_python

How I wish some folks will learn about this beautiful snake and stop killing them for food. There is a place in Benin Republic popular for its snakes and Nigerians pay money to experience the snakes put around their body.... yeah It is this very species of snake, They are all Ball Pythons of different sizes and colour pattern.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by IamRegal: 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
Please I will like to ask those in east, this pythons when they grow so big won't dey attack like swallow babies, pets and creatures smaller to them.

Have there ever been an incident of a python trying to swallow a child or feed on a baby. Maybe they avoid adults because of the size
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Temptee101(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
So after many minutes of struggling to cut the nets I finally break through with a blunt knife ,it was so scary for me , seeing snake charging at me ,the phyton hissing ,I continue , having knowledge that the poor phyton feel threatened ,not so easy for me

Comrade, you try well well.

For me, I wouldn't go close an inch to that shiit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nikes(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Since the OP said "sit at home" then it means that it was most probably in Igboland and more than 80% of Ndigbo don't kill or eat python.

This is one of the things wrong with this forum and as well as Nigerians in general. If Nigerians ever considered Ndigbo as part of their country or this forum know anything about Igbo people, any time stories with pics of cooked python grace front page, they must include "GRAPHICS" as a way of warning Igbo people that might visit it.

But as Usual, Nigerians keep proving that they know absolutely NOTHING about Ndigbo
You'll just open the mouth waaaaaa as if you want to make sense. Why do I have to know about other tribes' culture and tradition? Fine, you, What do you know about other people's tribal customs and traditions? What do you know about the yorubas? About the itshekiris, Shuwa, Ngas, Nupe, hausa? What do you know about the tribes in Benue? About those in Adamawa, Taraba, Cross River, Plateau and Delta state? What? The sun doesn't rise and set on anybody's ass. Don't expect anybody to know or love your tribe. What should matter is what your tribe, it's customs, traditions and values mean to you

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by CSTRR: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:

Stop wailing political town crier ,am not dangote but sit at home can never make me go hungry ,am a biafran first ,so I head to the call of Biafra first .

When I just read all this propaganda flying up and down about this sit at home I wonder if this anambra I am or any other place ,
If me going to shop from Tuesday to Sunday is not enough for me ,I wonder what only Monday sit at home will do for me ,

Anambra is known for business through apprenticeship ,it not late to fix your self some where ,stop been political otikpu.
Just look at this guy.
I am sure he is atleast 30.

You already know his IQ would be in the low tens.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by CSTRR: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

Stop painting your people as a bunch of cry babies and low IQ mofos.

Na everything una go cry about?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by PROPHETmichael: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
Delima of letting it go just like that ,it would still hurnt chicken and fowl ,so I decided to throw it inside a nearby gutter that lead straight to the stream maybe they it can have a nice habitants they with larger forests to hunt ,so I let it go

For your mind now, you think say you dey wise? You're a mumu man.

It is written, "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Genesis 3:15

May it not strike your heel when opportunity shows up.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Judd007: 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
You even be like snake
Anthonyoz:
This afternoon Monday after taking my siesta thanks to the weekly sit at home that always give me the much needed rest ,I decided to take a walk at nearby farm observing nature , while receiving the fresh air and remembering my childhood memories of hunting grasshoppers , squirrel and birds, I smiled and thank the sit at home for giving me a break from day to day works .

As I was looking around I saw a fishing net probably trab so I decided to incept it ,then I saw this medium size phyton that has entangled around the net.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nigeria forces attacked Biafrans pythons, till the point they used it massacred unarmed innocent citizens of Biafra IPOB in the name of pythons dances.

Pythons protect Biafran farmers and their farms.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Venom11(m): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
[quote author=Nuttella post=111858676]Can someone tell me why this guy saved a pyton?
Wetin.. Be yur own.. Na ur save?
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
Delima of letting it go just like that ,it would still hurnt chicken and fowl ,so I decided to throw it inside a nearby gutter that lead straight to the stream maybe they it can have a nice habitants they with larger forests to hunt ,so I let it go
A beautiful ball python

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
pek:
How did you arrive at that statistics? Which empirical study do you use? It is only some parts of Anambra state that forbids the killing or eating of Python. So how did you arrive at 80% of Igboland?

A large part of anambra people don't kill pythons, although he was wrong about it being an entire culture of ndigbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Brimstone77:

Please I don't know where you get your 80% statistics from,but just no that ndi anambra doesn't represent all Igbo tribe,anambra are the only Igbo people I know that respect pythons...

Be guided.

Ndi Anambra are your leaders, calm down.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by richmanrichard: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2022
pek:
How did you arrive at that statistics? Which empirical study do you use? It is only some parts of Anambra state that forbids the killing or eating of Python. So how did you arrive at 80% of Igboland?
He is not far from d truth.Name the towns that eats snake in Anambra.I am waiting...In my place, It does not really simbolize anything, but we don't eat it. We kill it though.Ekwulobia, Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by pek(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2022
richmanrichard:
He is not far from d truth.Name the towns that eats snake in Anambra.I am waiting...In my place, It does not really simbolize anything, but we don't eat it. We kill it though.Ekwulobia, Anambra.
Read what I wrote slowly and read what you wrote again.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Obagofixxy: 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
nwane nmadu how wish you can post this I'm facebook and tag natgeo world, luck might awaits you bro, I love your write ups

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by richmanrichard: 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
pek:
you are very wrong where you said "it's only some parts of anambra that forbids killing of snake". OP is wrong too on assuming 80% of igbo.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by BKayy: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2022
pek:
Brimstone77:

Please I don't know where you get your 80% statistics from,but just no that ndi anambra doesn't represent all Igbo tribe,anambra are the only Igbo people I know that respect pythons...
Be guided.
bluefilm:

who told you that 80% of ndigbo do not kill or eat python?

These Igbo regions don't eat snake
-All of Anambra
-Almost all of Anioma minus few parts of Ika and some pocket of communities
-Almost all of Imo. In Owerri, they call her Eke Nworie
-Almost all of Enugu minus Nsukka, Enugu Ezike and few pocket of communities
-more than half of Abia and significant amount of Rivers state.
-Few parts of Ebonyi. It is Ebonyi that have the lowest amount of People that respect Python.

So tell me, is this not more than 80%?

Remember that Ebonyi state that doesn't have much communities that respect the deity is not that populated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by bluefilm: 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:
-All of Anambra
-Few parts of Ebonyi. It is Ebonyi that have the lowest amount of People that respect Python.

Remember that Ebonyi state that doesn't have much communities that respect the deity is not that populated.

Nwoke m, ị na-akọ ogonogo akụkọ

Ogonogo akụkọ nzuzu.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Anthonyoz(m): 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Obagofixxy:
nwane nmadu how wish you can post this I'm facebook and tag natgeo world, luck might awaits you bro, I love your write ups
thought that as much but I can't be recording and be losing the net at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by derecho(m): 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
What about protecting others? Don't you know pythons kill humans too?
MangekyoAlt:

OP God will reward you bountifilly for your kindness and bravery. There aren't many things that hurt me more than seeing people who lack common sense, killing animals for just no reasons. Some even do it in some gruesome ways. If you kill an animal, then it should be because you plan on eating it, if not please let it go.
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by BKayy: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
bluefilm:

Nwoke m, ị na-akọ ogonogo akụkọ

Ogonogo akụkọ nzuzu.
Is this you own way of showing appreciation?

Well, I understand, for someone that doesn't know such simple fact before now, it shows how well he understands his culture.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Obagofixxy: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:
thought that as much but I can't be recording and be losing the net at the same time.

But with the beautiful write ups, don't you think you can still get something

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Anthonyoz(m): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
IamRegal:
Please I will like to ask those in east, this pythons when they grow so big won't dey attack like swallow babies, pets and creatures smaller to them.

Have there ever been an incident of a python trying to swallow a child or feed on a baby. Maybe they avoid adults because of the size

I haven't heard of any reported case of this phyton attacking human , Even when stepped on ,it just hiss and crawl away .

This ball phyton ( thanks to the genius above for teaching me the proper name ) doesn't grow that big like anaconda ,the animal is not aggressive to human.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
BKayy:

-All of Anambra

Rivers State is not ndigbo , and a significant amount of rivers people eat snakes , you did not make your calculations well ,
Anyone who doesn't eat snake in Rivers is doing it because they don't want to , not because of anything , in my town the thing forbidden for human consumption is the olu ( a giant land crab that lives in holes) it's house is close to the river but the house is on land just close enough to the river, they are believed to be Messengers and if anyone eats one the pot or plate used for cooking and eating will be destroyed , the olu looks like a big version of akanga ( they build their houses on mudflats and can survive both on land and on water , you'll find holes plenty in mud thats where they stay ) we used them as traps for fish but they're also not eaten , I don't know why

also a curse on anyone who tastes human meat even by accident , it can lead to death , I witnessed just one person who experienced that , but snake is eaten by alot of Rivers people , even snake fish
Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Anthonyoz(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:

A beautiful ball python

Thanks for letting me know the name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by Anthonyoz(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Obagofixxy:

But with the beautiful write ups, don't you think you can still get something

Well everything is now being montized ,so I can never say no.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Python I Saved On Sit At Home Day by IamRegal: 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anthonyoz:

I haven't heard of any reported case of this phyton attacking human , Even when stepped on ,it just hiss and crawl away .

This ball phyton ( thanks to the genius above for teaching me the proper name ) doesn't grow that big like anaconda ,the animal is not aggressive to human.

Thanks for the reply and insight

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Horse Refuses To Enter Keke Marwa (Video) / What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Monkey Seen Exercising, Doing Press Up (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.