Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,831 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate (1016 Views)

High Divorce Rate Amongst Lesbians Marriages / World Divorce Rate: Top Countries Will Shock You / Why There Is An Increase In The Divorce Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
I believe marriage can still work.

Hence, I still believe the rate of divorce could still be minimized by using countries that have the lowest divorce rate as a case study.

what could make countries like
Malta, UAE, Peru, etc have the lowest divorce rate?

For example, Malta has the lowest divorce rate in the EU, with only 0.8 divorces per 1,000 people. The low divorce rate in Malta can also be due to the restrictive criteria for obtaining a divorce. According to the law in Malta, spouses have to live apart for at least four years since the date of their legal separation to be eligible for divorce. Couples must also convince the court that reconciliation isn’t possible, making divorce less accessible.

God said, it's not good for a man to be alone, and I will make him a helpmate.
God established marriage for a good purpose.

However, this is a very serious issue, that is been ignored by scholars worldwide. But trust me, it's as a negative effect on society.

It is time we start to include this in colleges and higher institute syllabus

May Good lord bless everyone marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
God said, it's not good for a man to be alone, and I will make him a helpmate.
God established marriage for a good purpose.
However, this is a very serious issue, that is been ignored by scholars worldwide. But trust me, it's as a negative effect on society.
It is time we start to include this in colleges and higher institute syllabus
May Good lord bless everyone marriage
Are you hear referring to the same God who instituted Marriage in Genesis 2 vs 24, and then cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 , this the same God who created Man in Genesis 2 vs 7 - 9, and then cursed man in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 after man fell? undecided

If yes, then you are seriously mistaken. What you see happening, even today, in marriage is a result of God's curse on marriage. No matter how may courses you teach on marriage, you can never change that which God has set in motion. undecided

God bless every marriage that He, God, cursed, How? undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you hear referring to the same God who instituted Marriage in Genesis 2 vs 24, and then cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 , this the same God who created Man in Genesis 2 vs 7 - 9, and then cursed man in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 after man fell? undecided

If yes, then you are seriously mistaken. What you see happening, even today, in marriage is a result of God's curse on marriage. No matter how may courses you teach on marriage, you can never change that which God has set in motion. undecided

I think I am here to learn from bible scholars. Please could you inform me more how God specifically coursed marriage?

When Jesus Christ himself rebuke divorce.

Matthew 19:8-9

Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

But I am willing to learn from you, if you can give me fact how God cousred marriage specifically

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
1. I think I am here to learn from bible scholars. Please could you inform me more how God specifically coursed marriage?

2. When Jesus Christ himself rebuke divorce.
Matthew 19:8-9
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

But I am willing to learn from you, if you can give me fact how God cousred marriage specifically
1. Genesis 3 vs 16 undecided

2. God sent Jesus Christ to redeem men - those who will reject the curse to obey Him instead, from God's curse - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 -, so yes, Jesus Christ rolled back God's curse for those in the Kingdom of God, allowing remarriage only in case of fornication. undecided

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2022
What exactly should we include in "colleges and higher institute syllabus", marriage lessons?
Oh my! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2022
Cuddlebugie:
What exactly should we include in "colleges and higher institute syllabus", marriage lessons?
Oh my! cheesy

Just like sex education, reality of marriage should be included too. Only few have the knowledge of what marriage is all about. Hence, that's why after few months. They tend to file for divorce.

Hope you garit grin
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Genesis 3 vs 16 undecided

2. God sent Jesus Christ to redeem men - those who will reject the curse to obey Him instead, from God's curse - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 -, so yes, Jesus Christ rolled back God's curse for those in the Kingdom of God, allowing divorce only in case of fornication. undecided

Thanks for the information, I agreed with you
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Thanks for the information, I agreed with you
If you in fact get it, then you will realize also that focusing on divorce rate is meaningless. undecided

In fact, divorce rates trending upwards may in fact be signal for better things to come, at least as for as equal rights for all humans and all. undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Just like sex education, reality of marriage should be included too. Only few have the knowledge of what marriage is all about. Hence, that's why after few months. They tend to file for divorce.

Hope you garit grin
If you find you are incompatible with the person you are married to, is it better to wait till one of you kills the other before leaving? undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you in fact get it, then you will realize also that focusing on divorce rate is meaningless. undecided

In fact, the divorce trends make in fact be signal for better things to come, at least as for as equal rights for all humans and all. undecided

I don't agree with this your point.
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
I don't agree with this your point.
Why do you think high rate of divorce is bad? undecided

Why are you focused on divorce rate? What is it that you believe is to be gained with a reduction in divorce rate?, undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Hope you garit grin
Come, let's make you the Honourable Minister of Education. grin

2 Likes

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Cousin9999: 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
Low divorce rates are irrelevant in countries where women have no rights.
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by DeMagneto: 5:51am On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

U just dey yarn rubbish.

Abeg nor con turn the bible upside down for here o

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 9:33am On Apr 13, 2022
DeMagneto:
U just dey yarn rubbish.

Here's a simple question for you. What particular part of the Bible did I turn upside down in that responss of mine which you quoted? undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2022
Cuddlebugie:

Come, let's make you the Honourable Minister of Education. grin

Please will you vote for me? Because na only politics or oil company fit carry me come 9ja back oh. But no be palm oil or vegetable oil I dey talk oh
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2022
DeMagneto:

U just dey yarn rubbish.

DeM don vex finish grin grin
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 10:49am On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's a simple question for you. What particular part of the Bible did I turn upside down in that responss of mine which you quoted? undecided

Kobo! Honestly, I don't see that part where God cousred marriage. Maybe that why @DeMagneto dey vex grin
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 10:51am On Apr 13, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Kobo! Honestly, I don't see that part where God cousred marriage. Maybe that why @DeMagneto dey vex grin
So what do you see written in Genesis 3 vs 16 ? undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2022
Cousin9999:
Low divorce rates are irrelevant in countries where women have no rights.

You speak wisely. But some of this countries have women right. Like Malta, Ireland, Greece etc. Infact from my little experience walking with Greek and Maltese. Women have more equal right in Schengen countries. Of course that's why they could have women as a leader.

However, @cousin999. Am always open to learn more. Hence, it's my opinion though
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what do you see written in Genesis 3 vs 16 ? undecided

Please kindly read the this.

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2022
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Please kindly read the this.
That there reads like gobbledygook to me. I asked you see written in Genesis 3 vs 16, not what vomit someone has spewed regarding it. undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Beltz(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Pls which bible are you using?...because i can't find it anywhere in GEN 3:16 where God cursed marriage.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2022
Beltz:
Pls which bible are you using?...because i can't find it anywhere in GEN 3:16 where God cursed marriage.
undecided
Below is what is written in the verse in question. If you pay close attention to the curse(in bold) that God laid down, you will realize that it only applied when a woman is a wife to a husband. undecided
16 Then God said to the woman,
“I will cause you to have much trouble
when you are pregnant.
And when you give birth to children,
you will have much pain.
You will want your husband very much,
but he will rule over you
.” - Genesis 3 vs 16
And what is marriage? We learn in Genesis 2 vs 24 that marriage is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife.. undecided

Essentially, God's curse there only operates against those who are married, and not on those who are not in marriage, hence a curse on marriage. undecided
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by VEXT: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
Beltz:

No be everybody you suppose dey reply...some people for nairaland, head no correct

1 Like

Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Beltz(m): 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided
Below is what is written in the verse in question. If you pay close attention to the curse(in bold) that God laid down, you will realize that it only applied when a woman is a wife to a husband. undecided
And what is marriage? We learn in Genesis 2 vs 24 that marriage is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife.. undecided

Essentially, God's curse there only operates against those who are married, and not on those who are not in marriage, hence a curse on marriage. undecided
Nawa o for this kind RHEMA comrade. Hmm!
Re: Countries With Lowest And Highest Divorce Rate by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Beltz:
Nawa o for this kind RHEMA comrade. Hmm!
Why, do you see a problem with any of what is stated? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? / A Boy Just Won 16 Million [ Picture ] / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.