Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? (41299 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Klass99(f): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
cool
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,
I won't take much of your time. I have a very delicate matter in my hands and I need diverse opinions please.

Background
I don't live in Nigeria but me and my wife both have a very comfortable 4 bedroom duplex in Nigeria. We have a one year old baby. I have been in Nigeria for 5 months now and I will be returning to UK in a few weeks.

Ever since I've been in Nigeria, my cousin (mid 30s) has been with us. Quite frankly, it is not very easy for him at the moment and i do care about him as a brother. He is in the process of processing his visa, so its not as if he is loafing about.

The plan is that both me and my wife will be taking turns in visiting each other for the next 2 or so years until I return fully to Nigeria.

The problem
The problem is that I do not feel comfortable leaving just him and my wife under thesame roof whilst I return and he is not showing any signs of leaving when I return to my base.

So, this is my situation and I don't know if I am being insensitive.

I married a very good wife and under most circumstances, I trust her. I am just not comfortable leaving my wife with any man atall under thesame roof.

I need your opinions pls.
Here i how i see it
1=> You've know your cousin for some years hence you have a slight idea what he is cappable of right?
If he is stable, chances of your cousin f**king your nursing wife is less than 2%
2=> With your cousin there, the chances of another nigga coming to your house to nack your wife is less than 1% but without him there is jumps to 25%.
So the choice is yours.. have your cousin nack your wife(which is very unlikey) or have a stranger nack your wife in your home(very probable)

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Richy4(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
Klass99:

Proximity has a way of creating the right conditions for things to happen.

Knowing madam is just upstairs during a hoorny episode, will be an easier thought to act on, as opposed to having to dress up, take a ride and get to the destination.

I am just thinking out loud, not saying this will happen.

You are correct...even this time around he might not leave his cloth and run away just as our dear Joseph did... men of nowadays, leaving our cloths is no longer an option...some will even give her the cloths to keep smiley

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by GloriousGbola: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
Klass99:

Hmm, you make a valid point I can't argue with about the artisans, robbers and stress of being a mother and handling manly chores too.

Also as an aside

Is it The same Nigerian women aggressively cockblocking thier husbands that will change stance and start dropping knickers for one cousin staying in the house? grin
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by emerged01(m): 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
Just tell him to leave. Let him know that he should understand the way women behave, that you wont want him to lose his value and respect before your wife. You will advice to leave that he is always welcome whenever you are around.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by ayenika1: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
frozen70:

Your wife is the issue here not your cousin

If your wife is decent and you trust her with your last breath, you don't need to panic

If she wants to sleep with another man, she will do so even while you are leaving in Nigeria

So even if you get a room self contain for your cousin to pack out, they will meet when they want to meet

So, just talk to your wife by advising her and that's all

Who go cheat go cheat

Op. best advise
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Kokaine(m): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:

Thabks for your advise buddy. We are working towards that. I dint really want to raise my kids abroad, so I will be relocating finally within the next 3 years.

In between, we get ro spen 8 months together every year.
Sorry to intrude your privacy with the question I'm about to ask.

I have always beennof the opinion that people living in Nigeria and raising kids here are doing so because that's the only choice they have. Personally, that's my case.
Recently I pondered on the fact that I know many rich people with the capacity to live abroad, but remain in this country despite the broken infrastructure and insecurities.
I have just never been opportuned to ask anyone this question.

Please sir, what exactly are the reasons you rather raise your kids in Nigeria than overseas? Do the shortcomings of culture outweigh the opportunities outside?
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by oodua1stson: 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
limcar:
you too slept with her
lol no! She actually hated me because I didn't. How man go suffer build house for you then you betray am like that.

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Klass99(f): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by mjbaba: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,
I won't take much of your time. I have a very delicate matter in my hands and I need diverse opinions please.

Background
I don't live in Nigeria but me and my wife both have a very comfortable 4 bedroom duplex in Nigeria. We have a one year old baby. I have been in Nigeria for 5 months now and I will be returning to UK in a few weeks.

Ever since I've been in Nigeria, my cousin (mid 30s) has been with us. Quite frankly, it is not very easy for him at the moment and i do care about him as a brother. He is in the process of processing his visa, so its not as if he is loafing about.

The plan is that both me and my wife will be taking turns in visiting each other for the next 2 or so years until I return fully to Nigeria.

The problem
The problem is that I do not feel comfortable leaving just him and my wife under thesame roof whilst I return and he is not showing any signs of leaving when I return to my base.

I married a very good wife and under most circumstances, I trust her. I am just not comfortable leaving my wife with any man atall under thesame roof.

Be smart in breaking the news to him.

Call him aside and say

Bro...you know women can be funny. No matter how good they are. I don't want issues of disrespect to start arising between you and this woman when I'm not around. And I won't be happy. I think it's best we have an alternative for you so that you will leave the house as soon as I go or before I go.

My suggestion is......

Or

Do you have a better suggestion?

At this stage you can now offer to pay all or part of the rent for an alternative place.

You need to do it fast so he can start searching before you go

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Lamasta(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
You are the problem and not your cousin, since you don't trust anybody including your wife and cousin that's why you will continue to feel insecure cool

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

Hello mate,

Tbh, is something to do with your wife's lifestyle and likewise your cousin too! And then again, you've got free your mind on women cheating to avoid dying before your time bud.

However concerning your post above prior to my own experience, two things are bound to happen: either they turn best friends for life , genuinely or worse enemies for life.

I lived with my uncle's wife in Lagos for about a year plus under same roof whilst my uncle lives in Canada and a similar case like your cousin because I was actually looking forward to my visa then, too!

As a fresh graduate then without a job after my NYSC whilst she's with one of the banks there in Lagos. Omo you need to see hatred, started treating me like a poo as if I won't amount to anything in life, always complaining unnecessarily to my uncle just to build up hatred from him towards me too because I was looking forward to him in sorting my travel expenses. She completely changed as if I was dragging her husband's wealth with her but I am glad my uncle having spent 30yrs+ abroad, didn't give in. But I'm glad today, the abroad waka worked out and favoured me too! We're worse enemies for life. I don't give a Bleep about her and she knows that. I earn her monthly salary just on a 12hrs shift down here.

Moral lesson:

Naija women/ladies including my sisters, are terrible when it comes to their husbands immediate or distant families.

For peace and probably, averting a lifetime enmity between both parties, get your cousin a single room as suggested, if you can afford one please.

Cheers bud!

My brother Abeg help a brother too, I wan Japka comot for Nigeria just like you.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Jennifer89(f): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Tell him to move out before you start accusing her
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by ufotunang: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
Richy4:

You are correct.... OP did not say that his wife was promiscuous nor his cousin a skirt chaser ...He was just tightening all loosed end which every man in his shoes will do smiley
....I know if the cousin is not a skirt chaser... but that temptations especially when he is alone with the lady... anything can happen.... even many pastors that preach against adultery but also falls into temptations and cheat on their wife and commits adultery....so everything is about having self discipline and self control with that one cannot fall into temptations of commitng adultery

2 Likes

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by silibaba: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

YES
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by erjo: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
Georgekyrian:
Everyone said my mind, rent him a house and replace him with any of your wife siblings...

Best option so far. Op, listen to this!
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Ertugrul: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2022
Brother-in-law and wife play different when husband is away grin grin
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by farem: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Leaving rape out of the equation, the rest is entirely depends on your wife!
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2022
cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Rent a 2 BD apartment for your Cousin, very far from where you live, and I mean uncomfortable far location, and I want to emphasize, not as cool as your present neoighbour, and importantly, pay a runs girl to toast him and get his dick in her constantly as a spy to know his moves towards your home.

Then Travel.

Addendum:
Intuition from the Subconscious system is not always wrong, even with a probability of 1% of event occurring, I am determined to be unreasonably careful. Trust CAN NOT exist in an IMPERFECT world simulation.

If you can not afford a 2bd, a man in need can not afford a choice of gifts. Rent him a common one room, somewhere away from your nucleus of love. Protect the electrons and provide for the protons, but put a firewall around the Nucleus of Love.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Iamnorth: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
OP if you are already being suspicious then you have your answers right!
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Heavensent01(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
is Slawomirr or Smellingsperm your cousin? if is not these two gurus worry less grin

joke apart your thought of not leaving both is true but that doesn't mean your wife won't still feel for guy outside if she really want to

leaving a man with your wife is not emotionally safe
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
farem:

Leaving rape out of the equation, the rest is entirely depends on your wife!

True!

With constant unsupervised exposure to all forms of social and televisual media, 'morals-wall' begins to crack and sight sensor activates mentally controlling hormones that shuts down values benchmark through cerebral programming.

As men, we are very good to our wives, and we can not ever want to lose our wives, if the women are just perfectly 'ours only'. While we just could hide and Bleep some premium beauties.-------- And we fear if women are wired the same way, hence the excessive control and protection.

Gender Equality says we all can be Jada and Will Smith, but we wanna be Jonathan and Mama Peace.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by jmaxjohn(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
My guy don't listen to all these toxic ppl online oooo. It is safer to leave your wife with your cousin, if u have trust in both of them, than to leave your wife ALONE.
In fact, to be safer, bring in a younger relative of your wife to help around.

REASON AM WELL O

YOUR COUSIN WILL HELP KEEP A NEUTRAL EYE ON THINGS, WHILE HER RELATIVE WILL HELP AROUND THE HOUSE (IF YOU TRUST THEM)

cj1900:
Hi guys,

Background

The problem

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by litaninja(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Lmao. How may men are you gonna arrange self con for? You're talking of your cousin, that you know about, all the other guys you don't know of nko? grin

You can have abroad life with wife in the lions' den or you can have same location as your wife without abroad life.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by jmaxjohn(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
akinsmyk:
This actually happened to me. In this case, I was the cousin. We’re family members. My brothers mum is the elder sis to my own mum so I was living with them right from secondary school days while we were both teenagers. He’s 3years older than I am.

So when my cousin elder bro graduated from uni and get a good job, he moved out from the family house to get an accommodation on the Island coz that’s where he works. When I finished school, I joined him too coz we have been living in the same room as the only males as a teenager.

Before my bro got married, his fiancé used to come to the house and we gist like friends, we all do hang out together to catch fun and go places together. At times I drive our wife to be to the market or shopping malls in my bro’s car if he doesn’t feel like going.

When they were going to be married, I made move to leave but they said that I can stay. It was a 2bedroom apartment tho and we later moved to 3bed.

2years later, my cousin was transferred to Europe to work living behind the wife and me while working her visa too.

I and the wife stayed 6months together in the apartment before her visa was ready without anyone giving thoughts about rubbish or whatever. My own gf do comes to the house too which they know.

So it’s all about knowing who you married and the kind of brother/cousin you have. If you can vouch for them, so why not. Not everyone is immoral and useless. Some things are just so wrong without being told.

cj1900 you hear the wisdom wey this guy talk?
No go listen to the foolishness of men o.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Dearlord(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
Favfables1:

OP....
Take this advice...
Rather than send your cousin away, bring in *her* relative or a domestic staff...

Nice � one , I agree with you kiss

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by biggie73(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
Trusting someone is not enough. If you think of any negativity, it's definitely happening.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by Qpid5(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
We4all:
Na wao! This means you don’t trust your wife at all. In other words, since you harbor such thoughts, you can’t be trusted with your wife’s female cousins.
tbh I don't have problem oo but my problem is that some of you are so good in bringing out positivity at the very wrong time and at the end of the day, you find yourself in ignorance.. this is not about trust, we all know this things, once you are in the mood, you will do it if u have the chance with anybody at all then later the devil get the blames.. wife whom her husband is not always around can't be trusted when it comes to sex starve abeggg jarre

1 Like

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by GodisFirst: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
There is nothing wrong in him staying with your wife in your absence. You wife will definitely need someone to help her run around on some errands, like going to refill the gas, buy fuel for the generator, even drive her to the hospital or market if she has the need.

If he stays away and you are not there, your wife can invite him or he can on his own come uninvitedly and that which you are afraid of may still happen. It could be between your wife and any other man or boy if your wife is that kind of woman.

What you should worry about is 'the type of woman you are married to'. Is she a faithful woman that can wait for you till you are back? If she is a good woman, she will resist any temptation and even inform you as soon as any man starts making advances to her.

So in conclusion, tell you wife your fears and let her know the dangers so that she wouldn't be carried away by youthful ignorance as you said she is too young, but to alert you as soon as she senses danger. So it is left for her. Don't forget that even while you are with them in the house, if she is a bad girl, she can do that which you are afraid of, right under your nose without your knowledge.

Do your best and hand her over to God. Good luck.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by na2016: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
OP: Get your cousin to go live with another relative. You can be assisting him from there. As for your wife, you too have to make a decision to be together in the same country (Nigeria or UK) and also get some relative from her end to be with her and discuss your fears frankly with her.
Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by seyz91(m): 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2022
You said all
Mooh247:
cool

Tell him to look for a room selfcontain apartment around the neighbourhood and pay for it to have rest of mind... That way he can constantly check on your wife and assist her if need be

I don't think a room self con should be more than 250k depending on your neighbourhood ,£300 charity for your brother isn't too much especially considering his usefulness staying near by and to secure your home

Infidelity with a stranger or an ex is quite forgivable, but with your own blood and family , that would ruin your entire family and make your innocent children suffer from broken marriage and it's vices

According to Marslows hierarchy of needs regardless of who you think you are or your discipline level and self control... Your urge and needs sometimes are involuntary

Your wife needs Food, Sleep, Sex, Intimacy, Companion , security and no matter how disciplined she is she would seek it with someone close to her especially when they are cohabitating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? by ModelLook(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
You already know the answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

96-Year-Old Father Welcomes His 72-Year-Old Son Home For Christmas (Video) / Friends Mourn As 26-year-old Lady Dies Months After Her Wedding. Photos / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.