Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,667 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands (1388 Views)

I Found My Fiances Sex Video Online / 15 Vital Questions Fiances And Fiancees Need To Answer Before Marriage / I Have Lost Many Fiances Because Am Insatiable.please Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2011
What do involve sometimes ( for Africans in particular) some frustrations or issues in household

Love Nayah
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Dalby(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2011
Issues will definitely arise in the long run relating the the in balance in the academic or social strata. Be it intentional or non-intentional friction undecided undecided undecided
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by MMM2(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2011
nayah
are u married angry
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2011
yes but Dalby why do this frustrations more common amoung guys than the reverse?
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2011
mmm why this question?
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Dalby(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2011
Nayah:

yes but Dalby why do this frustrations more common amoung guys than the reverse?

From time, it has been the mans responsibility to provide / take care of the family (even his fiance) even in the bible. As a fall out of this, your social or academic status is also proportionate to a financial status, so if the man has the a higher qualification or status it will be in line with the status quo. However the revers will lead to friction lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by 190: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2011
Never

Its really difficult to get an African / Nigerian woman who has more acedemic qualifications than their husbands

Really difficult
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Mynd44: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2011
I don't see why there should be a problem but people mostly women don't know how to handle their ego
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
Maybe you're right Mynd
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by jaybee3(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2011
Over-flogged issue but quite a simple answer.

Men are supposed to be the head (African mentality) so usually when this can't be the case, pride/anger usually become the order of the day.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by MMM2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
becos some1 what 2 marry u.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Goldieluks: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2011
it is the African man's way of thinking,of which i do not blame them for,
because cases where the woman is intellectually and academically higher than the man,disagreement,
arguement,and envy is bound to happen on daily basis.Iti s  rare to come across men getting married to such women.
''speaking from the African man's poit of view''
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
and it's quite sade Goldieluck because in love there's no diploma and men should be proud to have an intellectual woman, now it will depend on woman's reaction
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Sijo01(f): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2011
Men dat are into dis situation & get frustrated, i think dey dont have self confidence.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2011
Sijo that's what I think also but we women ( some) might be less arrogant especially in public
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Sijo01(f): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^^^Only stupid women do dat.

come to think of it, she will be d one to bear d shame if she let people knows her husband status.

or do u think other wise?
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
Sijo hell no I do think like you but let's be realistic some sisters like showing off their academic level or when they earn more than their husband
Anyway our brothers should understand that diplomas don't count in the intimate life
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Sijo01(f): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^ i know some will definately show deirselves but wat am saying is dat dey will bear d shame of showing-up 4 marrying a guy below her klass.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
definetely sister. But really brothers should not take it as a threat but as a gift having an ambitious wife is quite good isn't it?
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Cuddlemii: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2011
This is not really common these days. This is a jet age, the world is becoming very vast.

You see couples who both have Phd and master's degrees.  The rate at which Nigerians are going abroad to pursue postgraduate studies especially UK, you will see 20 years olds already pursuing their Phd. Most times married couples meet while undergoing these degree.

But if, at all the woman has a higher qualification, that's not a big deal as long as there is love, understanding and they are both happy & successful in what they are doing.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2011
Cuddlemii yes world is changing but some behaviours are still remaining especially concerning "roles" in a household
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by kokoye(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
You really cannot put all the blame on the people. Blame the system in Nigeria. In fact, not only Nigeria, it is still a global issue to some degree.

Men are not brought up to be the helper in the household. And women are brought up with the belief that the man ought to be the main provider.

Of course there will be issues when this is not the situation.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Cuddlemii: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
Nayah:

Cuddlemii yes world is changing but some behaviours are still remaining especially concerning "roles" in a household

Hmm I think most people fall in love with the idea of marrying rather than the right partner for you. We all know our weakness and strengths so the best way is for you to be with who understands and can tolerate them.

Everything is attributed to the kind of spouse you married and not the causes of their ego or bad attitude. If you take your time to pick the right partner that you can manage, then education can't change the love and respect you both share.

It also depends on the hand the man used to handle the wife right from the dating level. If you are a principled and disciplined man then she can't boss you around cos she is higher than you academically. You are supposed to lay down that respect rule from the inception, take charge. Its a must!
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
kokoye "blaming" wouldn't be the good term but reconsidering would be better
Sister what do you mean by "respect rule" please
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Cuddlemii: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
Lolz. What I mean by 'respect rule' are dos and donts. Basically instilling respect in your partner, not by forcing it but earning it. You should know when & where to draw the line and know your limits
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 8:09am On Jul 08, 2011
ok now I got it
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Mynd44: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2011
It is a pride thing. I know of a a couple who broke up just because the wife got a higher paying job than her husband infact about double and she allowed it get into her head.
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2011
But Mynd if I were a boy I would be very proud to have an smart and ambitious woman
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by eridah2007(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2011
Unless the mighty hand of God upon that woman head grin
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Nayah(f): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2011
explain Eridha
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by eridah2007(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2011
Nothing to explain hia my friend,we all know that most women with higher payed job automatically becomes rebel because they knew quite well that they can DO and UNDO WITH or WITHOUT their fiances/husbands .

That is the power of ARABA  cheesy
Re: When Women Have Higher Academic Or Social Level Than Their Fiances Or Husbands by Sijo01(f): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

It is a pride thing. I know of a a couple who broke up just because the wife got a higher paying job than her husband infact about double and she allowed it get into her head.

The woman is destined to remain single for life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Physical Challenge (lady Or Guy) / Women More Attracted To Men With Large Genitals – Study / He Says He Won't Make Me His Girlfriend Unless I Give Him Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.